Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) (79829 Views)

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / UNN Hostels After A Heavy Rainstorm (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Redcrafton: 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2020
PortHarcourt2:

Enugu is a cursed backward shithole, that's why their university is the worst in Nigeria

Thanks.

Now retire to where you belong...

4 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by ABlAstate: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2020
Condition of UNN is a national embarrassment and disgrace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by obiekunie2: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2020
Karlovich:
Chest beating beerfrans can't even keep their schools clean, smh

IF ONLY YOU ARE A LITTLE BIT EDUCATED AND INFORMED, YOU WOULD AV KNOWN THAT UNN IS A FEDERAL UNIVERSITY - MEANNING ITS WHOLLY OWNED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

AND UNLIKE ITS COUNTERPARTS LIKE ABU, OAU, UI, UNIMAID - UNN HAS BEEN STARVED OF FUNDS AND MAINTENANCE FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS.

GO CHECK THE EDUCATION BUDGET AND SEE THE HUGE SUMS ALLOTTED TO OTHER FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES AND UNN IS LEFT WITH ALMOST NOTHING.

14 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Vyzz: 9:09pm On Sep 12, 2020
This is a federal government School...

Everything owned by the federal government in the East are not given attention....

The FG no dey even look there..

U should see federal roads...

16 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by OAUTemitayo: 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2020
Vyzz:
This is a federal government School...

Everything owned by the federal government in the East are not given attention....

The FG no dey even look there..

U should see federal roads...
This is standard in most public universities especially those overcrowded.
Stop victim mentality.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Vyzz: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
OAUTemitayo:
This is standard in most public universities especially those overcrowded. Stop victim mentality.

Could u rephrase your words.. I don't understand them

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by ABlAstate: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2020
PortHarcourt2:
Red mud everywhere, ugly poultry farm as structures. UNN is a shithole university

Unn should be demolished. Enugupikin cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2020
Karlovich:
If you must know, this is one of the characteristics of male hostel's in public universities in Nigeria.

Below is the picture of OAU male hostel also.

https://www.nairaland.com/4132114/obafemi-awolowo-university-hostels-dirty

So now, should we say that Omoluabi's don't keep their school clean also??

7 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Vianna(f): 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2020
This is pathetic. But pls do remember, the cleaners owe you nothing and ate not to blame for this mess. Learn to be hygienic and live like civilized humans.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by JAMZ1: 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2020
More pictures of UNN

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by CrystalMax: 9:47pm On Sep 12, 2020
You need to see their students and graduates shout "The Lions"
Who would have thought that they are actually "****************"
Lion ko, Cheetah ni. grin grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Sammiescotx08(m): 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
Truth be told most federal universities in Nigeria are not funded and the hostels are all looking like this too more reasons why student choose to lodge rather than staying in the hostels

4 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by iles199: 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
Redcrafton:
This is bad.

Most federal universities in Nigeria have poor and unhygienic hostels.

This is the pics of female hostel at Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi Araba

https://dailypost.ng/2013/01/22/inside-female-hostel-at-lagos-university-teaching-hospital-idi-araba-photos/

Not my UI abeg. UI hostels still the best I know of for now.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Ikennablue(m): 10:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
My dear school...

Infrastructural wise, UNEC is a shit hole.

Accommodation over there is a more serious problem than school fees. Despite the despicable condition of this hostel. Getting a bed space is like getting a presidential ticket. Enugu town have capitalized on this and now with 100k. You can hardly get a decent single room close to the school.

But we're still lions. We move on.

3 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by illicit(m): 10:07pm On Sep 12, 2020
But sha o....
I no see this kain Toilet @ UNILORIN o
Make I no lie

4 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
JAMZ1:
The University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) male hostels in its Nsukka campus need urgent interventions — unless there are plans to consolidate them as prisons.

The hostels — which are just two — are a definition of filth and neglect; from decayed infrastructure gradually giving way for collapse, to rooms overflowing with students, the facilities are unhealthy for the thousands occupying them.

For a school that brags as Nigeria’s first indigenous university — established since 1960 — one would expect the institution to live up to its name. But, sadly, abysmal sanitation, overcrowded rooms, poor electrification, inadequate shower and toilet facilities are all valid concerns in the campus.

While there are just two hostels housing the male students (one was shut down after it was declared unfit for residence), that of the ladies are about eight, most of them in good conditions.

Advertisement
However, even with the pressure now on the two remaining male hostels — rooms meant for six students in most cases end up with eight or more — the school management, it was discovered, are going at a snail’s pace to find alternative solutions for students.

In the end, majority of the students end up staying off campus while those who cannot afford the cost are left to fight for the limited resources in the hostels; particularly space, water and light.

TheCable reached out to Okwun Omeaku, the school’s public relations officer, to speak on the issue and while he said he could not speak from where he is, he is yet to respond to the text message sent to his number.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/photos-the-decayed-infrastructure-serving-as-unn-hostels

This post should really have been censored... Jeez

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Grateful02(m): 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2020
Op this table you're shaking eh

2 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Dentmoyin(m): 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2020
no wonder unn graduate wanted selling his certificate the other time, the mental stress plus this kind dirty place fit lead to suicide, when you are still jobless 5yrs after graduation.

14 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by bukatyne(f): 10:50pm On Sep 12, 2020
If the students take the first step towards keeping their environment clean, the hostels would be old but clean.

They don't expect the state Governor or President to clean their toilets, do they?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by micfoley: 11:59pm On Sep 12, 2020
This is horrible
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by johnpablo541(m): 12:03am On Sep 13, 2020
obiekunie2:

IF ONLY YOU ARE A LITTLE BIT EDUCATED AND INFORMED, YOU WOULD AV KNOWN THAT UNN IS A FEDERAL UNIVERSITY - MEANNING ITS WHOLLY OWNED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

AND UNLIKE ITS COUNTERPARTS LIKE ABU, OAU, UI, UNIMAID - UNN HAS BEEN STARVED OF FUNDS AND MAINTENANCE FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS.

GO CHECK THE EDUCATION BUDGET AND SEE THE HUGE SUMS ALLOTTED TO OTHER FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES AND UNN IS LEFT WITH ALMOST NOTHING.

Same rumors we heard way back, but i found it not to be true. The school was almost equally funded like other federal universities only that the greedy management did little or nothing.

There was so much corruption going on in the school.

Pix 1 2019 allocation
Pix 2 2020 allocation

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by edoairways: 12:24am On Sep 13, 2020
Karlovich:
The students are only igbos I suppose ☹️☹️

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by edoairways: 12:24am On Sep 13, 2020
Karlovich:
The students are only igbos I suppose ☹️☹️�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by AbundantGrains: 12:29am On Sep 13, 2020
Only once I will say it. Don't judge everyone merely by their clothings. It is a very Great University. Not to mention the new hostels that are coming up. About 8 number of 3 storey hostels, funded by a very clever deal.

5 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by AbundantGrains: 12:32am On Sep 13, 2020
johnpablo541:

Same rumors we heard way back, but i found it not to be true. The school was almost equally funded like other federal universities only that the greedy management did little or nothing.

There was so much corruption going on in the school.

Pix 1 2019 allocation
Pix 2 2020 allocation
Are they necessarily more corrupt than other institutions? No to mention that it's structures are the oldest and that no other Nigerian University has suffered a Civil war.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by opribo(m): 4:04am On Sep 13, 2020
Damm that is an eyesore, yet people still send their children there?

I don't believe that is a true picture and state of Nigeria's foremost university. If the school is responsible for the sanitation then the vice chancellor must be relieved of the job for groose negligence and lack of all round supervision.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by officialenny(m): 5:14am On Sep 13, 2020
To some extent I will appreciate Prof Lilian Salami of Uniben effort in renovating the school facilities and it's hostels.... This is very shameful, Nigeria very own indigenous university hostel is nothing to write home about...I can't see any difference between this and a psychiatric home..Even psychiatric home are well taken care of now....Hail greatest UNIBEN students...I ❣️my school

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Oau Admission List For The Year 2010/2011 Released! / The Love Letter A Secondary School Boy Sent To His Teacher, Chioma (pics) / 2018 UTME: JAMB Bans Wristwatches, Pen, Spy Eyeglasses, USB, CD & More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.