Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience (6584 Views)

Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? / I Want To Sue A Phone Company / China’s Largest Phone Company Gives Their CEO A $1.5 Billion Bonus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2020
Stallion93:
They don’t know anything na, won’t blame them, Limited Internet access is the cause. The new Pixel 5 sef has been rumored to come with only 1 Rear Camera lens but will beat phones with 3-4camera lenses on all criteria of a good phone camera. Google is just something else
Don't forget the Pixel 4a that's available for just $300+ and rivals the iPhone X camera.
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Mohbola(f): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2020
Apple and Samsung

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Sunkanmiwise(m): 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
I will gladly and boldly recommend the TECNO Camon Series, they are superb Camera Phones.

Below are some of the pictures taken with the Camon15Premier.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Hsalami: 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2020
Me will confidently and strongly recommend TECNO camon series.The cameras are superb and this latest CAMON 16 will be d baddest
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ayomarcel:
Based on my experience and popular ratings.

Google Pixel
Samsung
Huawei
Apple
Xiaomi
OnePlus
Realme
Sony.

Next year it might be a different company. But this list is based on recent time. But for consistency.

Pixel
Samsung
Apple
Sony

Also, good camera isn't based on portrait mode alone. Needs to perform well in clarity, low light, ultra zooming, good colour and not overdoing it etc.
NICE

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by scarycuteface(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
Apple
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by seaboyzen: 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2020
nobody mention LG
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by KrazyDave16(m): 11:55pm On Sep 14, 2020
seaboyzen:
nobody mention LG
One of the OGs.
Good phone cameras but poor management didn't let them shine again.
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Rexraph18(m): 6:43am On Sep 15, 2020
moscojoor:
ok

Oga these thread says best camera based on your experience..

So don't go and be getting review of a company you don't own or even work in.
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by khenii(m): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2020
Xiaomi has the best camera yen yen yen but you will still go to install GCAM abi, do you not know GCAM is actually short for Google camera specifically made for pixel devices but it is hacked so it would work on other devices. When it comes to cameras ehn nothing beats

1. the Google pixel's impressive computational photography technology.

2. Apple's deep fusion technology using their new A13 Bionic chip to do “pixel-by-pixel processing of photos

3. Huawei and Samsung, a tie cos they both have strengths in different areas, one can't trump the other here

Notable mentions: One plus, Sony, Xiaomi, Nokia

6 Likes

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by mathefaro(m): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
khenii:
Xiaomi has the best camera yen yen yen but you will still go to install GCAM abi, do you not know GCAM is actually short for Google camera specifically made for pixel devices but it is hacked so it would work on other devices. When it comes to cameras ehn nothing beats

2. Apple's deep fusion technology using their new A13 Bionic chip to do “pixel-by-pixel processing of photos

3. Huawei and Samsung, a tie cos they both have strengths in different areas, one can't trump the other here

Have you ever stopped to ask yourself the category of Xiaomi users that install gcam? Have you ever seen or laid your hands on the Xiaomi phones that have been acclaimed to hold the top spot in terms of camera let alone hear of their users looking for gcam? Even ordinary Mi 9T pro users will tell you that they have no need for gcam.

I think the problem with many of you is that whenever you make your comparisons, you compare the top offerings from brands like iPhone, Samsung and Huawei with the popular Xiaomi midrangers, some even go down to the redmi note product line cos that's as far as they have seen/come across.

Finally, the fact that Xiaomi users are able to get much more better images with ported gcams which makes them comparable with the top dogs is a testament to the good hardware as you would know, gcam is only but a good software which needs a good hardware to work with.

Cheers

6 Likes

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Strika22(m): 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2020
TopDawg007:
for me I'll go with Huawei
Google Pixel
iPhone
Samsung
Huawei
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by RealEzee(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2020
NewDelhi:

As in ehn. Just check out their argument on this page https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/7810#93886700

I can never forget the day one of them told me Xiaomi is a more valuable company than Huawei. Those guys are very ridiculous set of people who are not interested in taking the red pill . They will now look for one ridiculous mumu website to backup their claim.
I just went thru ur link n u seem to argue that Xiaomi can never have better camera to the others while the other guy did quote you to not have proof of ur opinions and shared with you the current ranking from an industry trusted source ranking the Xiaomi mi 10 ultra as the best camera phone at the moment and still you haven't counter his claim with a source too, abi na sentiments u dey use argue ni?
Like he said it's turn by turn, so pls post ur source that ranks other phones higher than the MI 10 ultra, take note that guy quoted a trusted source oooo grin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by RealEzee(m): 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2020
Currently the mobile phone with the best camera is the Xiaomi mi 10 ultra

https://www.dxomark.com/xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-camera-review/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_1I88ucdWw

Another top trusted phone tech reviewer verdict :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTU0Yi-_dGM

Going thru the thread one can conclude that alot of folks are either not current about phone tech, or just been biased in Judgement. rankings are not done by sentiments, that's why reviews by trusted sources eg dxomark come in using certain standard indicators to come to conclusion about rankings or reviews in the tech space, just like one arguing the rankings of geekbench or antutu e no make sense at all,another thread yesterday had the Huawei p4o as the best camera phone not even taking into consideration the same Huawei already put out the p40 pro, smh, that alone shows the OP isnt current
https://www.nairaland.com/6117161/huawei-p40-king-all-smartphones
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by RealEzee(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2020
NewDelhi:

Haba go to the first page of this thread na one if dem dey argue say one xiaomi nonsense get better camera pass s20 ultra. E even screenshot one mumu junkie website wey the server and host dey alaba international market join to backup his claim lol
bud the Xiaomi mi 10 ultra is the best camera phone at the moment, you feel it's not please post your source for comparison

These are mine from top trusted phone tech reviewer, Mrwhosetheboss, I'm sure you'll know him

My other source, which you probably know,dxomark.

These guys been industry trusted source for reviews have standard indicators used in rankings void of bias, please do counter with yours let's have a discussion.

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by RealEzee(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2020
khenii:

Bud the best camera phone at the moment is the Xiaomi mi 10 ultra

Btw gcam is compatible on both Samsung and Huawei devices less we think they don't and can't be used by its users or not used by its users either for better photography experience too.

Gcam is not a taboo, yet as per stock camera prowess at the moment the MI 10 ultra is the best based on top trusted phone tech industry reviewers and phone camera reviewer such as Dxomark, I'm sure you're aware.
But feel free to counter with your source let's have an edifying discussion. Cheers bud
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by khenii(m): 6:37pm On Sep 15, 2020
My drafting system was based on picking a random huawei phone and it's gonna give you nice picture quality, same goes for the pixel, Apple and Samsung.

DXO labs is a consulting company as well as a testing company, for a fee, they'll work with smartphone manufacturers before their phones comes out to create a better camera, they'll provide their testing software, their hardware and their testing methodologies so that you can Calibrate your sensors and image processing pipeline to better produce better photos and to also kind of just do better in their test.

It's easy to look at this like they are working with you to get a better score. I'm not saying smartphone manufacturers are specifically tuning their cameras just to get higher DXO scores rather than doing what is best for the consumers, it's just somewhat a blurry line there kinda what we see with benchmarks.

I mean most of the things that do better on DXO marks are also better for the camera but again it's combining it, tuning it to their exact specs. Basically if you don't work with them on tuning your camera suite, you'll get a lower DXO score and if you don't have that dxomark money you are kind of left out in the cold. They might not even test your device.

That being said, in my previous analysis I didn't say there is one best camera, they are all kings in their lanes
1. IPhone for amazing portraits, none comes close
2. Pixel for their brilliant night mode none comes close
3. Huawei for their detail and ultra wide lens
4. Samsung with a little bit of everything (Not the best but relevant in all 3)

Now where does the mi 10 comes in I need to know. Is it simply the best at everything or at what exactly?

RealEzee:

Bud the best camera phone at the moment is the Xiaomi mi 10 ultra

Btw gcam is compatible on both Samsung and Huawei devices less we think they don't and can't be used by its users or not used by its users either for better photography experience too.

Gcam is not a taboo, yet as per stock camera prowess at the moment the MI 10 ultra is the best based on top trusted phone tech industry reviewers and phone camera reviewer such as Dxomark, I'm sure you're aware.
But feel free to counter with your source let's have an edifying discussion. Cheers bud

2 Likes

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by AmadorSays: 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2020
For me it will be TECNO, the Camon series have very superb cameras
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by RealEzee(m): 9:12pm On Sep 15, 2020
khenii:
My drafting system was based on picking a random huawei phone and it's gonna give you nice picture quality, same goes for the pixel, Apple and Samsung.

DXO labs is a consulting company as well as a testing company, for a fee, they'll work with smartphone manufacturers before their phones comes out to create a better camera, they'll provide their testing software, their hardware and their testing methodologies so that you can Calibrate your sensors and image processing pipeline to better produce better photos and to also kind of just do better in their test.

It's easy to look at this like they are working with you to get a better score. I'm not saying smartphone manufacturers are specifically tuning their cameras just to get higher DXO scores rather than doing what is best for the consumers, it's just somewhat a blurry line there kinda what we see with benchmarks.

I mean most of the things that do better on DXO marks are also better for the camera but again it's combining it, tuning it to their exact specs. Basically if you don't work with them on tuning your camera suite, you'll get a lower DXO score and if you don't have that dxomark money you are kind of left out in the cold. They might not even test your device.

That being said, in my previous analysis I didn't say there is one best camera, they are all kings in their lanes
1. IPhone for amazing portraits, none comes close
2. Pixel for their brilliant night mode none comes close
3. Huawei for their detail and ultra wide lens
4. Samsung with a little bit of everything (Not the best but relevant in all 3)

Now where does the mi 10 comes in I need to know. Is it simply the best at everything or at what exactly?

in the video, Dxomark made extensive review with several points comparing the MI 10 ultra, the Huawei p40 pro n the Samsung s20 ultra in terms of exposure, bokeh, video, wide shots, colors, night mode, zoom etc, doing an all round comparison on the key indicators used to come up with their rankings,and in all these key indicators the MI 10 ultra did a very good job against the Huawei p40 pro and the Samsung s20, hence the sum up of which actually is the best camera all round having the MI 10 ultra best the Huawei p40 pro and Samsung s20 ultra.
Note, Dxomark did save us the stress by placing their outputs side by side for comparison, so it's a safe to say Dxomark did a hands on comparison void of bias but based on output of the various phones concerned.

Hence at the moment, the MI 10 ultra is the best camera phone out there at the moment till we have another. Like one of the comments made in this thread, na turn by turn,for now the current bad boy on the block is the MI 10 ultra.

2 Likes

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by YangaBabe: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2020
for me, its the tecno camon series
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by YangaBabe: 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2020
sure, an example is the camon 16
AmadorSays:
For me it will be TECNO, the Camon series have very superb cameras

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Jafar1: 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2020
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Jafar1: 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2020
RealEzee:
in the video, Dxomark made extensive review with several points comparing the MI 10 ultra, the Huawei p40 pro n the Samsung s20 ultra in terms of exposure, bokeh, video, wide shots, colors, night mode, zoom etc, doing an all round comparison on the key indicators used to come up with their rankings,and in all these key indicators the MI 10 ultra did a very good job against the Huawei p40 pro and the Samsung s20, hence the sum up of which actually is the best camera all round having the MI 10 ultra best the Huawei p40 pro and Samsung s20 ultra.
Note, Dxomark did save us the stress by placing their outputs side by side for comparison, so it's a safe to say Dxomark did a hands on comparison void of bias but based on output of the various phones concerned.

Hence at the moment, the MI 10 ultra is the best camera phone out there at the moment till we have another. Like one of the comments made in this thread, na turn by turn,for now the current bad boy on the block is the MI 10 ultra.

GSMARENA and Androidauthority says otherwise, or is ur DXO whatever more trusted than gsmarena and Androidauthority

Do u even know that the camera on ur Almighty MI 10 was produced by Samsung And u think samsung will give u better camera than their own flaship in the same year

U are lacking behind..

https://m.gsmarena.com/best_camera_phones_buyers_guide-review-2030.php
&

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-camera-phones-670620/

Other than ur DXO paid ranking, which other site will rank ur Xiaomi MI 10 as the best camera phone?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by khenii(m): 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
I ignored arguing with him when he totally missed how I explained how DXO works and later said cos DXO said they are the best camera then they are, it's all just marketing antics. The Mi 10 108mp is the same camera on the S20 ultra and somehow its the best camera in the world?

Jafar1:

GSMARENA and Androidauthority says otherwise, or is ur DXO whatever more trusted than gsmarena and Androidauthority

Do u even know that the camera on ur Almighty MI 10 was produced by Samsung And u think samsung will give u better camera than their own flaship in the same year

U are lacking behind..

&

Other than ur DXO paid ranking, which other site will rank ur Xiaomi MI 10 as the best camera phone?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by RealEzee(m): 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jafar1:

U are lacking behind..

&

seems you have no clue about dxomark bud, DXOMARK is the leading source of
independent audio and image quality
measurements and ratings for smart phones and the likes, even top phone tech reviewers such as Mrwhosetheboss consented to their ratings and so other top reviewers subscribe to Their rankings , lol 'paid', try harder bud, those guys give detailed review about camera and sound specs of devices, plus seems u keep missing the point that all these smart phone guys outsource parts from each other then add theirs which is unique to them, the fact Samsung sells camera no mean say they end up having better rankings as of present cos it still boils down to the algorithm used by the particular phone makers which is unique to it, hence after doing the comparison between the Huawei p40 pro, mi 10 ultra and Samsung, the MI 10 ultra scored better using industry standard to come to this conclusion and not brand attachment or sentiment, it's turn by turn bud, at the moment the MI 10 ultra does better photography in its rankings followed by the Huawei p40 pro

https://www.dxomark.com/

Try harder
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by RealEzee(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2020
khenii:
I ignored arguing with him when he totally missed how I explained how DXO works and later said cos DXO said they are the best camera then they are, it's all just marketing antics. The Mi 10 108mp is the same camera on the S20 ultra and somehow its the best camera in the world?

quote from andriod authority after its review of the MI 10 ultra prowess and praising it :https://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-camera-test-1154177/

".. the biggest shame is that the
phone isn’t officially available outside of
China."

Go back and watch Mrwhosetheboss review bud

That was intended for Jafar1, but all the same tho

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Jafar1: 7:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
RealEzee:
seems you have no clue about dxomark bud, DXOMARK is the leading source of
independent audio and image quality
measurements and ratings for smart phones and the likes, even top phone tech reviewers such as Mrwhosetheboss consented to their ratings and so other top reviewers subscribe to Their rankings , lol 'paid', try harder bud, those guys give detailed review about camera and sound specs of devices, plus seems u keep missing the point that all these smart phone guys outsource parts from each other then add theirs which is unique to them, the fact Samsung sells camera no mean say they end up having better rankings as of present cos it still boils down to the algorithm used by the particular phone makers which is unique to it, hence after doing the comparison between the Huawei p40 pro, mi 10 ultra and Samsung, the MI 10 ultra scored better using industry standard to come to this conclusion and not brand attachment or sentiment, it's turn by turn bud, at the moment the MI 10 ultra does better photography in its rankings followed by the Huawei p40 pro

https://www.dxomark.com/

Try harder

Watch YouTube video and stop using one baseless site ...

Like I asked earlier, Apart from ur so called DXO, Can u give me any other site that states ur xiaomi as the best camera smartphone??

Of the hundreds of phone sites, only ur paid DXO rate ur xiaomi whose camera was produced by Samsung as the best camera smartphone should be enough to let u know that its a junk rating...

Wash youtube comparisons and stop believing on rubbish simply becos a paid site said so..

Anyone can be paid to post any phone as a better device, thats why u have YouTube, atleast u can see all the comparisons on video there by judging without deceiving urself...
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by RealEzee(m): 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jafar1:

U are lacking behind..

&

Quote from gsmarena user reviewer in details :
Build quality : All round premium build
quality. A little slippery like most
flagships so better put on a case. The
Ceramic variant is more durable compared
to the glass back on most other flagships,
helps the phone avoid becoming a
fingerprint magnet. Fingerprint scanner
is fast contrary to what some reviewers
have said. The animation combined with
dynamic wallpaper might make it look like
it is slow to open.
Though it is priced way cheaper compared
to other flagships, there are no
compromises on the build quality front
except for lack of 3.5mm jack (Most other
companies aren't giving it either) & lack
of IP68 rating. But this does offer splash
resistance which should handle the
ocassional accidental spill or rain or drop.
For most other IP68 rated phones,
waterproofing is destroyed the moment
it's glass breaks. As long as you aren't a
cousin of Aquaman, this phone should do
the job.
Screen: Hands down one of the best
mobile displays of 2020 along with Galaxy
Note 20 ultra, ROG 3, Find X2 pro. Zero
compromises on the display part. 1080p+
on a sub 7 inch device is enough for most
people. Quad HD doesn't offer a huge
difference on such a small screen size.
Punch hole to the corner is easily hidden
unlike the one in the center like the
Galaxy series. Full HDR support with
Netflix and other streaming services
through software unlike Huawei p40 series
Software : Best experience on any Xiaomi
ever. 120hz blends so well with with miui
12. Dynamic wallpapers offer a great
visual experience on that gorgeous screen.
Theme store from Xiaomi is the best
among all Android phones. Every part of
the UI can be highly customized. It just
embarrasses every other Android skin in
this department. As usual I recommend
users to switch animations from 1x to 0.5x
in Settings on Chinese skins as they tend
to have slightly longer animations making
the overall Ui appear slower than what it
is.
MIUI 12 currently has features that will
probably be incorporated into stock
Android 5 years later. It's just ahead of
the curve. All those who complain about
latest Android version need to take these
things into consideration.
Netflix, online wallet services that rely on
Google Play services run without any
issues. This isn't Chinese ROM like Huawei
p40 series where one has to compromise on
a few things despite installing Google play
services.
There is some bloatware but unlike
previous Xiaomi phones, this can be
uninstalled easily. No need to disable
them, just remove it without having to
root the phone.
No ads like on their budget phones, other
recommendations, etc can be easily
turned off through settings.
Overall zero complaints on the software
part.
It's fast, flexible and the most
customizable Android skin at the moment.
Performance : SD865 and ufs 3.1 storage
Coupled with some high tech cooling inside,
it shatters all benchmarks especially
Antutu and GeekBench.
The feature rich yet streamlined miui 12
just glides smoothly throughout the
process of using the phone. It handles
anything you throw at it without showing
any signs of unnecessarily heating up or
slowing down.
Zero compromise on the performance
part.
Camera: Great in both videos and photos
overall.
Will breakdown certain things in detail
here.
Camera quality through main lens is the
best irrespective of lighting conditions.
Xiaomi's processing has improved a lot.
The images do lean towards being more
punchier in output like the Galaxy series.
But I guess most people prefer those type
of images over color accurate ones like
Find X2 pro. Tweaking a few things like AI
and other settings will give you a more
natural output.
Video through main camera is good.
Samsung Galaxy series still takes slightly
better daytime videos with the likes of
OP8 Pro excelling in night time videos
through main lens. A few modes like 4K60
through Ultrawide not available through
default app but can be used through
third party camera like Open camera,
Snap camera, etc.
8k video recording better than the one on
Galaxy series with wider FOV and better
stabilization. Most people aren't going to
use it as they don't have 8k TV to enjoy
that 8k footage in its full glory.
Stabilization through is great but OnePlus
8 pro, Samsung S20/Note 20 series have
slightly better stabilization.
Stabilization through telephoto lens is the
best in the business. This helps a lot in
taking blur free images at zoom without a
tripod.
Night mode offers huge improvements in
images from Ultrawide and telephoto lens.
Not so much difference to camera images
taken from Main lens.
But you wouldn't require night mode for
main lens in many scenarios just like the
Huawei p40 series.
Also night mode seems to be not final
software wise. Expect it to improve a lot
in coming months as the phone gets more
updates.
120x zoom gives better details compared
to every other zoom lens on the market.
Perfectly usable images upto 30x while
others fail beyond 10x.
Best zoom camera on the market as video
is great as well compared to the likes of
Huawei which is good in zoom photos but
lags behind in zoom videos.
Potrait lens should become standard on all
phones. This phone is using same sensor as
Pixel series for Potrait lens.
Great portraits irrespective of lighting
conditions. Best 2x zoom on the market.
Ultrawide is great in good light, quality
detoriates in low light like other flagships
which is where night mode comes to the
rescue. OnePlus 8 pro still has the best
Ultrawide IMO. Huawei has good quality
but the FOV is only slightly bigger than
main lens. The Ultrawide here has the
biggest FOV and lives upto it's purpose of
capturing more into the scene.
Front facing camera is okay. Gets the job
done. It isn't going to win any awards.
Galaxy s20 ultra still has the best selfie
camera for photos & videos among
flagships if you exclude the Zenfone 7
series.
Battery: Best battery life among all
120hz screen flasghips. Don't be fooled
by endurance rating on this site as the
Culprit was weak standby time on their
US networks.
You can easily expect upto 8.5-9hr SOT.
And whenever that battery goes low, You
can get upto half the charge of a
4500mah in 5 minutes. Futuristic fast
charging speeds (wired as well as wireless)
Wireless charging with 55W gets you fully
charged before most flagships can with
wired charging. Phone does get a bit hot
during charging around 43 deg C.
IMO Oppo's implementation of above 100W
charging should be the best and the
coolest keeping the phone under 40 deg C.
Xiaomi has promised around 10% battery
degradation over a span of 800 charge
cycles which is excellent and way better
than regular batteries which get charged
by inferior 18W USB PD.
Conclusion : This is one of the best phones
you can buy right now.

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Jafar1: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
RealEzee:
quote from andriod authority after its review of the MI 10 ultra prowess and praising it :https://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-camera-test-1154177/

".. the biggest shame is that the
phone isn’t officially available outside of
China."

Go back and watch Mrwhosetheboss review bud

Praising it is different from rating it as the best??

Once again, is ur Dxo more reliable and more trusted than GSMARENA and Androidauthority??

That was intended for Jafar1, but all the same tho
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Jafar1: 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2020
RealEzee:

Quote from gsmarena user reviewer in details :
Build quality : All round premium build
quality. A little slippery like most
flagships so better put on a case. The
Ceramic variant is more durable compared
to the glass back on most other flagships,
helps the phone avoid becoming a
fingerprint magnet. Fingerprint scanner
is fast contrary to what some reviewers
have said. The animation combined with
dynamic wallpaper might make it look like
it is slow to open.
Though it is priced way cheaper compared
to other flagships, there are no
compromises on the build quality front
except for lack of 3.5mm jack (Most other
companies aren't giving it either) & lack
of IP68 rating. But this does offer splash
resistance which should handle the
ocassional accidental spill or rain or drop.
For most other IP68 rated phones,
waterproofing is destroyed the moment
it's glass breaks. As long as you aren't a
cousin of Aquaman, this phone should do
the job.
Screen: Hands down one of the best
mobile displays of 2020 along with Galaxy
Note 20 ultra, ROG 3, Find X2 pro. Zero
compromises on the display part. 1080p+
on a sub 7 inch device is enough for most
people. Quad HD doesn't offer a huge
difference on such a small screen size.
Punch hole to the corner is easily hidden
unlike the one in the center like the
Galaxy series. Full HDR support with
Netflix and other streaming services
through software unlike Huawei p40 series
Software : Best experience on any Xiaomi
ever. 120hz blends so well with with miui
12. Dynamic wallpapers offer a great
visual experience on that gorgeous screen.
Theme store from Xiaomi is the best
among all Android phones. Every part of
the UI can be highly customized. It just
embarrasses every other Android skin in
this department. As usual I recommend
users to switch animations from 1x to 0.5x
in Settings on Chinese skins as they tend
to have slightly longer animations making
the overall Ui appear slower than what it
is.
MIUI 12 currently has features that will
probably be incorporated into stock
Android 5 years later. It's just ahead of
the curve. All those who complain about
latest Android version need to take these
things into consideration.
Netflix, online wallet services that rely on
Google Play services run without any
issues. This isn't Chinese ROM like Huawei
p40 series where one has to compromise on
a few things despite installing Google play
services.
There is some bloatware but unlike
previous Xiaomi phones, this can be
uninstalled easily. No need to disable
them, just remove it without having to
root the phone.
No ads like on their budget phones, other
recommendations, etc can be easily
turned off through settings.
Overall zero complaints on the software
part.
It's fast, flexible and the most
customizable Android skin at the moment.
Performance : SD865 and ufs 3.1 storage
Coupled with some high tech cooling inside,
it shatters all benchmarks especially
Antutu and GeekBench.
The feature rich yet streamlined miui 12
just glides smoothly throughout the
process of using the phone. It handles
anything you throw at it without showing
any signs of unnecessarily heating up or
slowing down.
Zero compromise on the performance
part.
Camera: Great in both videos and photos
overall.
Will breakdown certain things in detail
here.
Camera quality through main lens is the
best irrespective of lighting conditions.
Xiaomi's processing has improved a lot.
The images do lean towards being more
punchier in output like the Galaxy series.
But I guess most people prefer those type
of images over color accurate ones like
Find X2 pro. Tweaking a few things like AI
and other settings will give you a more
natural output.
Video through main camera is good.
Samsung Galaxy series still takes slightly
better daytime videos with the likes of
OP8 Pro excelling in night time videos
through main lens. A few modes like 4K60
through Ultrawide not available through
default app but can be used through
third party camera like Open camera,
Snap camera, etc.
8k video recording better than the one on
Galaxy series with wider FOV and better
stabilization. Most people aren't going to
use it as they don't have 8k TV to enjoy
that 8k footage in its full glory.
Stabilization through is great but OnePlus
8 pro, Samsung S20/Note 20 series have
slightly better stabilization.
Stabilization through telephoto lens is the
best in the business. This helps a lot in
taking blur free images at zoom without a
tripod.
Night mode offers huge improvements in
images from Ultrawide and telephoto lens.
Not so much difference to camera images
taken from Main lens.
But you wouldn't require night mode for
main lens in many scenarios just like the
Huawei p40 series.
Also night mode seems to be not final
software wise. Expect it to improve a lot
in coming months as the phone gets more
updates.
120x zoom gives better details compared
to every other zoom lens on the market.
Perfectly usable images upto 30x while
others fail beyond 10x.
Best zoom camera on the market as video
is great as well compared to the likes of
Huawei which is good in zoom photos but
lags behind in zoom videos.
Potrait lens should become standard on all
phones. This phone is using same sensor as
Pixel series for Potrait lens.
Great portraits irrespective of lighting
conditions. Best 2x zoom on the market.
Ultrawide is great in good light, quality
detoriates in low light like other flagships
which is where night mode comes to the
rescue. OnePlus 8 pro still has the best
Ultrawide IMO. Huawei has good quality
but the FOV is only slightly bigger than
main lens. The Ultrawide here has the
biggest FOV and lives upto it's purpose of
capturing more into the scene.
Front facing camera is okay. Gets the job
done. It isn't going to win any awards.
Galaxy s20 ultra still has the best selfie
camera for photos & videos among
flagships if you exclude the Zenfone 7
series.
Battery: Best battery life among all
120hz screen flasghips. Don't be fooled
by endurance rating on this site as the
Culprit was weak standby time on their
US networks.
You can easily expect upto 8.5-9hr SOT.
And whenever that battery goes low, You
can get upto half the charge of a
4500mah in 5 minutes. Futuristic fast
charging speeds (wired as well as wireless)
Wireless charging with 55W gets you fully
charged before most flagships can with
wired charging. Phone does get a bit hot
during charging around 43 deg C.
IMO Oppo's implementation of above 100W
charging should be the best and the
coolest keeping the phone under 40 deg C.
Xiaomi has promised around 10% battery
degradation over a span of 800 charge
cycles which is excellent and way better
than regular batteries which get charged
by inferior 18W USB PD.
Conclusion : This is one of the best phones
you can buy right now.

See this one, Pasting phone specifications for me, hahaha grin

Guy u really get work, I leave u in peace!!!
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by RealEzee(m): 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jafar1:

Watch YouTube video and stop using one baseless site ...

Like I asked earlier, Apart from ur so called DXO, Can u give me any other site that states ur xiaomi as the best camera smartphone??

Of the hundreds of phone sites, only ur paid DXO rate ur xiaomi whose camera was produced by Samsung as the best camera smartphone should be enough to let u know that its a junk rating...

Wash youtube comparisons and stop believing on rubbish simply becos a paid site said so..

Anyone can be paid to post any phone as a better device, thats why u have YouTube, atleast u can see all the comparisons on video there by judging without deceiving urself...

dude u r saying watch YouTube, that review is on YouTube man go check it out no biggies
I have dropped an industry leading review for u which others use, you're just going by brand sentiment Sha.
You miss the point of outsourcing and personal customization Sha, the fact Samsung made it doesn't mean it can be customized by the end user to produce better output and that was what Xiaomi did with it given them better ranking, if you can grasp that omo I kuku give up, Google is outsourced by andriod phone manufacturers yet each manufacturer still has its own customization to it and produce unique and in some case better product than Google, is as simple as that bud.
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by RealEzee(m): 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jafar1:

See this one, Pasting phone specifications for me, hahaha grin

Guy u really get work, I leave u in peace!!!
detailed analysis from a user on d same gsmarena u dey post, it's that simple, abi na gsmarena u won carry do campaign grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jumia Black Friday Phone Prices In 2019 / Glo Launches 1TB (1000GB) Data Plan Valid For 12 Months / How To Detect If A Phone Is A Clone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.