Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,177 members, 7,835,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience (6574 Views)

Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? / I Want To Sue A Phone Company / China’s Largest Phone Company Gives Their CEO A $1.5 Billion Bonus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Jafar1: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2020
RealEzee:
detailed analysis from a user on d same gsmarena u dey post, it's that simple, abi na gsmarena u won carry do campaign grin.

So u went and carry one user review from comment section and paste it as a backup to ur claim??

Like i said before, u really get work!! grin
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Urchman27(m): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jafar1:

GSMARENA and Androidauthority says otherwise, or is ur DXO whatever more trusted than gsmarena and Androidauthority

Do u even know that the camera on ur Almighty MI 10 was produced by Samsung And u think samsung will give u better camera than their own flaship in the same year

U are lacking behind..

https://m.gsmarena.com/best_camera_phones_buyers_guide-review-2030.php
&

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-camera-phones-670620/

Other than ur DXO paid ranking, which other site will rank ur Xiaomi MI 10 as the best camera phone?? undecided
Lemme correct you here
GSMARENA released their list on May before Mi 10 ultra was even annoyed(launched

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by fasodecapo(m): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jafar1:

GSMARENA and Androidauthority says otherwise, or is ur DXO whatever more trusted than gsmarena and Androidauthority

Do u even know that the camera on ur Almighty MI 10 was produced by Samsung And u think samsung will give u better camera than their own flaship in the same year

U are lacking behind..

https://m.gsmarena.com/best_camera_phones_buyers_guide-review-2030.php
&

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-camera-phones-670620/

Other than ur DXO paid ranking, which other site will rank ur Xiaomi MI 10 as the best camera phone?? undecided
Are you sure you're not the one lagging behind? Check the time the the posts in the links you provided were published and when Mi 10 ultra was released. Most of these sites you're quoting do not have Mi 10 ultra on top of the list because those reviews/rankings were made before the release of MI 10 ultra(August). Nobody is saying Mi 10 ultra is a superior phone to these other phones you guys are talking about; the likes of Samsung S20/ultra, Huawei p40/pro and iphone 11. The fact is just that, in terms of camera, it currently trumps them all. All credible sites, not just DXO who have listings in recent times can attest to that.

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Jafar1: 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
fasodecapo:
Are you sure you're not the one lagging behind? Check the time the the posts in the links you provided were published and when Mi 10 ultra was released. Most of these sites you're quoting do not have Mi 10 ultra on top of the list because those reviews/rankings were made before the release of MI 10 ultra(August). Nobody is saying Mi 10 ultra is a superior phone to these other phones you guys are talking about; the likes of Samsung S20/ultra, Huawei p40/pro and iphone 11. The fact is just that, in terms of camera, it currently trumps them all. All credible sites, not just DXO who have listings in recent times can attest to that.

Apart from u Dxo, can u give me more examples of the countless credible sites that said ur mi ultra is the best camera smartphone?? undecided
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by fasodecapo(m): 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jafar1:

Apart from u Dxo, can u give me more examples of the countless credible sites that said ur mi ultra is the best camera smartphone?? undecided
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/2020/08/14/camera-shootout-xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra/

https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/08/12/xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra-vs-huawei-p40-pro-specs-comparison/#:~:text=It%20will%20be%20a%20tough,a%2020%20MP%20ultrawide%20sensor.

https://www.oispice.com/xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra-vs-huawei-p40-pro/

Any site that doesn't mention mi 10 ultra must have done their reviews before last month when the phone was released. I don't understand why it is so hard for people to swallow the fact that it has a better camera. Like I said, it'll be foolish if me to say that the mi 10 ultra is a superior phone but with respect to camera, it is currently the best (or in a close tie with the best)

2 Likes

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Jafar1: 4:29am On Sep 18, 2020
fasodecapo:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/2020/08/14/camera-shootout-xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra/

https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/08/12/xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra-vs-huawei-p40-pro-specs-comparison/#:~:text=It%20will%20be%20a%20tough,a%2020%20MP%20ultrawide%20sensor.

https://www.oispice.com/xiaomi-mi-10-ultra-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra-vs-huawei-p40-pro/

Any site that doesn't mention mi 10 ultra must have done their reviews before last month when the phone was released. I don't understand why it is so hard for people to swallow the fact that it has a better camera. Like I said, it'll be foolish if me to say that the mi 10 ultra is a superior phone but with respect to camera, it is currently the best (or in a close tie with the best)

Lol, but all these sites are comparing them, none of them says Mi Ultra is the best smartphone camera grin

After searching for sites that named ur Mi ultra as the best, u failed and then U went ahead to get a site comparing them grin

Una get work oo grin
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by fasodecapo(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2020
Jafar1:

Lol, but all these sites are comparing them, none of them says Mi Ultra is the best smartphone camera grin

After searching for sites that named ur Mi ultra as the best, u failed and then U went ahead to get a site comparing them grin

Una get work oo grin
So is there any site that also claims the Mi 10 ultra is not the best or that note 20 ultra is clearly better?

You're just being sentimental, this shows by the way you keep saying "your Mi ultra". And like I said, I won't think twice if given the opportunity to pick a device between the 2 of them (for free), the note 20 ultra is simply the overall superior device but the fact remains that, on paper, the mi 10 ultra has a better camera, and in practical use, it's a close call between them which still makes the mi 10 ultra a better value for money considering the huge price difference.

Anyway, do you also know that even gsmarena (a site that you trust not to be paid) claims that the note 20 ultra has a less impressive main camera compared with the mi 10 ultra and that it only beats the mi 10 in selfies? I bet you didn't know. Check it out:

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_10_ultra-review-2158p8.php

And funny how you keep throwing the line "Una get work ooo" each time anybody brings up a proof to backup a claim after you request for them.

Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Flytime: 12:26pm On Sep 18, 2020
fasodecapo:
So is there any site that also claims the Mi 10 ultra is not the best or that note 20 ultra is clearly better?

You're just being sentimental, this shows by the way you keep saying "your Mi ultra". And like I said, I won't think twice if given the opportunity to pick a device between the 2 of them (for free), the note 20 ultra is simply the overall superior device but the fact remains that, on paper, the mi 10 ultra has a better camera, and in practical use, it's a close call between them which still makes the mi 10 ultra a better value for money considering the huge price difference.

Anyway, do you also know that even gsmarena (a site that you trust not to be paid) claims that the note 20 ultra has a less impressive main camera compared with the mi 10 ultra and that it only beats the mi 10 in selfies? I bet you didn't know. Check it out:

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_10_ultra-review-2158p8.php

And funny how you keep throwing the line "Una get work ooo" each time anybody brings up a proof to backup a claim after you request for them.

Have a nice day
the mi phone rear is damn ugly,the cameras are poor designed and makes it look weird.
I'm not also a fan of Samsung's rear but I feel it's the best they've done ever since they left the horizontal design of the s10 series which I loved.
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by RealEzee(m): 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2020
Jafar1:

So u went and carry one user review from comment section and paste it as a backup to ur claim??

Like i said before, u really get work!! grin
grin exactly, a review from a user too abi u dey campaign for gsmarena, the angle of your claim hangs on the fact the cos Samsung made the camera on Xiaomi mi 10 ultra so no way Xiaomi should have a better camera output yet the reality on ground debunks that cos the customization by Xiaomi just like other guys makes their output unique n a test was done by Dxomark, live test with the s20 ultra, p4 pro n mi 10 ultra, outputs were compared and mi 10 ultra did better hence scoring better on the rankings currently, nothing like brand sentiment but simple output comparison,thank goodness the video dey all over YouTube and references of other top reviewers who seconded Dxomark rating. Google is run on all andriod phones yet the pixel isn't top of the charts when performance compared to some, all these guys outsource certain things from each other yet still have their own unique features that end up outperforming the pixel in certain areas.

Y'all be saying it paid review lol but if it's Samsung or Huawei scoring higher then no be paid review abi grin grin, bud currently that Xiaomi mi 10 ultra is the best camera phone out there no cap, we wait till other phones come out,everything na turn by turn, once upon a time we use to hail blackberry, sagem, Sony, Motorola, Nokia now they're no where close to the competition with the way Chinese brands have kept improving madly.
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Jafar1: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
RealEzee:
grin exactly, a review from a user too abi u dey campaign for gsmarena, the angle of your claim hangs on the fact the cos Samsung made the camera on Xiaomi mi 10 ultra so no way Xiaomi should have a better camera output yet the reality on ground debunks that cos the customization by Xiaomi just like other guys makes their output unique n a test was done by Dxomark, live test with the s20 ultra, p4 pro n mi 10 ultra, outputs were compared and mi 10 ultra did better hence scoring better on the rankings currently, nothing like brand sentiment but simple output comparison,thank goodness the video dey all over YouTube and references of other top reviewers who seconded Dxomark rating. Google is run on all andriod phones yet the pixel isn't top of the charts when performance compared to some, all these guys outsource certain things from each other yet still have their own unique features that end up outperforming the pixel in certain areas.

Y'all be saying it paid review lol but if it's Samsung or Huawei scoring higher then no be paid review abi grin grin, bud currently that Xiaomi mi 10 ultra is the best camera phone out there no cap, we wait till other phones come out,everything na turn by turn, once upon a time we use to hail blackberry, sagem, Sony, Motorola, Nokia now they're no where close to the competition with the way Chinese brands have kept improving madly.

Okay sir!

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by DragonDev: 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2020
All Phone companies reducing the camera quality by pushing Software updates to make Phone feel outdated.
Better to use some stock camera apps like Open Camera , which I am using and it gives me the best Quality.
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Kamaye(m): 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
Since it is based on personal experience, the argument is meaningless. For me it is Sony then Vivo.
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Kiaso(m): 6:39am On Oct 13, 2020
SONY XPERIA ANDROID DEVICES
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Breastfeed: 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2020
For me it’s the Tecno Camon series
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by edoairways: 10:02am On Oct 16, 2020
Sunkanmiwise:
I will gladly and boldly recommend the TECNO Camon Series, they are superb Camera Phones.

Below are some of the pictures taken with the Camon15Premier.
This picture is lovely.how is the pic quality at night?
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Zeroenochone(m): 12:49pm On Oct 16, 2020
Jafar1:

Forget these useless online ratings...

Of all the phones there, did u see any pixel or apple there?
Thats to show u na fake.

Hold Xiaomi and then hold any of the phone I mentioned above....When u compare them, u will understand what am saying..

Brother that's not true
Mi 10 ultra earned its place on that list have you seen the size of the lens on that phone? It's f***ing massive!

Secondly, people use gcam to boost their camera performance this doesn't meant it wasn't performing well before you know most people like the best

I use a Redmi note 8 and anytime I remove the phone to snap people always say it's very clear and that the colours are true I'm not even using gcam because I fear it may have side effects
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Zeroenochone(m): 12:55pm On Oct 16, 2020
stop arguing rubbish so if they give iPhone and xiaomi you’ll choose xiaomi right?

Poor Nigerian mentality always talking down what they can’t afford.

As far smartphone camera is concerned in this world no smartphone camera comes close to iPhone.

iPhone 6 camera is far better than any useless xiaomi, tecno and infinix

After iPhone then Samsung.

Too many kids on this forum

Bro don't be sentimental
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Zeroenochone(m): 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2020
Based on my own experience

I've compared my Redmi note 8 against Nokia 6.1+, Tecno Camon 15, infinix s5, Umidigi a7pro, iPhone 6s and iPhone 11

Only 4 are worthy of mention

My redmi note 8 performed better in good lighting conditions than most of the phones on this list even the iPhone 6s user admitted that it's clearer than her phone and she's a lady so I'm sure she knows what she's saying

In terms of colour I think the iPhone 11 or Nokia 6.1+ would be the winner but the iPhone 11 user claimed my phone's camera displays true colour and it's not "oversaturated or cartoonish" like the iPhone 11 but the portrait mode and low light conditions smashed my redmi note 8 back to back cheesy cheesy I was humbled that day.

In terms of low light oooo even the umidigi a7pro is slightly better than my redmi but ultimately the iPhone was king

So if I were to rank it it'll be

iPhone 11
[iPhone 6s/redmi note 8] don't know which is truly better than which here
Nokia
Umidigi
And others

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Breezzy(m): 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2020
Google pixel
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by do4luv14(m): 2:44pm On Oct 16, 2020
Very good phone company, not just their camera alone but every specs too

TopDawg007:
never used Nokia before, how good is it?

1 Like

Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Zeroenochone(m): 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2020
do4luv14:
Very good phone company, not just their camera alone but every specs too

Especially their monthly updates smiley
I feel like people don't appreciate Nokia enough
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by do4luv14(m): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2020
Yes, and not just their monthly update, their ba3 too,
and their parts are readily Available, unlike most

Zeroenochone:
Especially their monthly updates smiley I feel like people don't appreciate Nokia enough
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Jafar1: 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Brother that's not true
Mi 10 ultra earned its place on that list have you seen the size of the lens on that phone? It's f***ing massive!

Secondly, people use gcam to boost their camera performance this doesn't meant it wasn't performing well before you know most people like the best

I use a Redmi note 8 and anytime I remove the phone to snap people always say it's very clear and that the colours are true I'm not even using gcam because I fear it may have side effects
Having bigger lenses doesn't translate to better picture quality.
There used to be Symbian phones with bigger lenses, we can't say they are the best for having such...

Again, most xiaomi midrangers have average camera, nothing special..
Re: Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience by Zeroenochone(m): 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2020
Jafar1:

Having bigger lenses doesn't translate to better picture quality.
There used to be Symbian phones with bigger lenses, we can't say they are the best for having such...

Again, most xiaomi midrangers have average camera, nothing special..

Bro don't be so sure about that oooo
But I get your point sha
But if the phone has a big lens and is currently at the top of the list at dxomark then it's safe to admit it's not big for nothing

48mp lenses are quite bigger that 16mp lenses
And the implication is the level of detail that both can capture

If you zoom a 48mp image to 2x it still look quite clear so imagine what a lens as large as the mi10ultra would be like

And another thing is that when you said "most Xiaomi midrangers have average camera" this really caught my attention so I have 2 questions

1. What qualifies as "average" to you?
2. How many Xiaomi midrange cameras have you seen to make that conclusion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Opera Mini For Nokia E71 / Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem / The Iphone 13 Is Boring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.