Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,722 members, 7,813,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? (1361 Views)

Who Has Watched KYLE XY / Yeah Nairalanders Who Has Watched KYLE XY? / Kyle Xy Vs Heroes Vs Smallville (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by spikyn: 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2007
I barely got to watch much by way of TV Shows from the latter part of last year but I'm definitely interested in your thoughts on any or all of the shows listed?
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2007
Am a TV junkie, i watch alot shows and on different levels
Have watched all the shows you mentioned
Seriously Addicted to Heroes
Love Monk - Tony Shalhoub is brilliant!
XY - is interesting somedays (kyle is a cutie) grin
Joan of Arcadia bores me somedays (Just like her friend who has a thing for her) grin

You should try 'House'(if you haven't seen it) - Hugh Laurie is one of those brilliant actors with perfect delivery and comedic timing.
I could go on and on about shows, like i said i watch alot of TV grin
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by dinozzo(m): 11:33pm On Jun 21, 2007
Heroes is great, Monk is cool too, watched the first season a couple of years back, Monk is a very interesting character didn't know it was still running. Haven't heard of the other two. There are so many shows these days its hard catching up with all of them. Hey anyone watching supernatural, i think its cool reminds me of the days of Angel.
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 2:11am On Jun 22, 2007
Yeah i watch supernatural
I love Angel but towards the end of the show, i got bored with it. I basically watched that show because of David Boreanaz grin grin (I got a thing for both Angel and Angelus) grin grin
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by spikyn: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2007
@ iice I have seen "House" and I loved it though I've yet to finish Season 2, the Heroes 1st season really has been a class act and I really hope Season 2 doesn't do like Lost and kill itself.

Joan was okay for the 1st season and mainly raz till it got canned. I'm just starting with Kyle and it holds my interest so far, Monk is still nice though only in small doses.

Angel was Joss Whedon but I'm all for his Firelfly, definitely a must-see, have you seen that one? Only 14 or so episodes but it will rock you.

holla back
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2007
@Spikyn

You definitely my man/woman lol.  A fellow TV Nut! grin

Yes Joan was initially mildly interesting (for me) but my mid-season i kindda got bored with it.

What do you mean Angel was Joss Whedon? Joss Whedon is the creator of the show.  Yup i have seen Firefly.  I agree it's tight, thus ended up being the basis of his (Joss) movie - Serenity.

Seen 'Friday Night Lights'? am just starting on that one, still working on it lol.  Not yet feeling the buzz.

What about 'Entourage'?  Quite cool.  Think Jeremy Piven deserved his Emmy. grin

Lemme know what other shows you watched, are watching, are yet to watch lol. 
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by Esss(m): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2007
I'm a Heroes freak, Petrelli's no. 1 fan and Silas'es greatest admirer.
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by icezik1(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2007
Yo have all y'all seen Grey's Anatomy? Pretty tight! Heroes rocks and House is kinda trying! Try watching Weeds and Arrested Development, very funny shows!
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2007
Yeah Grey is ok. . .don't like Meredith. . .Christina's my favorite!

Weeds. . .bwahahahahah very funny

Arrested Development is cool too
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by icezik1(m): 10:33am On Aug 21, 2007
@iice

You watch a lot of TV and movies. How do you even get the time to come onto Nairaland? I've already seen over a thousand of your posts!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 11:59am On Aug 21, 2007
grin grin Yes you could say i watch alot of movies and TV. . .infact i live and breathe them! grin grin

Hehehehe. . .here's a trick (well not a trick) tongue My TV is always on even when am on in here. . .i can just pause here and watch TV grin

OR. . . .i could just allot my time grin. . .watch my fav programs and come online when they are done cheesy cheesy
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by icezik1(m): 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2007
@iice

Do you have a job? Are u in school? U seem to have a lot of time on your hands!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2007
grin grin Like i said i manage my time grin must have time for my tv/movies. . .
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by spikyn: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2007
@ iice, sorry I kinda bailed out on you, I've just had to balance a lot lately.

Haven't seen Entourage or Saturday Night Lights but I've seen Taye Diggs' "Day Break" and I just finished the first season of Dexter, have Jericho in hand. Did you get to see "Thief" from the FX network? Loved that and Andre Braugher deserved his Emmy. I got "The Nine" and the first (and only[?]) 4 episodes of "Drive" and the complete 3rd season of House so I have quite a bit to watch.
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by icezik1(m): 10:43am On Aug 24, 2007
Hey i wuz just watching smallville seson 6 and though it ain't as good as Heroes it was still pretty captivating.
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2007
spikyn. . .its all good grin Totally get it wink
I've seen some episodes of Daybreak. . .
Dexter i havent seen yet. . .will have to get that
Jericho the phoenix lol. . .dies and comes back. . .fans can be good for a show (duh! don't mind me lol)
I only saw a bit of thief. . .
hmmm Andre Braugher is a wonderful actor
The nine. . .seen a few episodes, will have to work up some enthusiasm for that one lol. . .
Drive. . .not seen yet.
Hmmmm i have alot to watch too.

Lately, i've been watching how i met your mother. . .can i say. . .'suit up!' grin grin
I havent started on hbo's big love
Did you watch six feet under? That was a favorite show of mine. . .lots of delusional people in that one grin grin
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by vescucci(m): 9:11am On Aug 30, 2007
Whooo. i didn't know u fellas had a thing going on in here!And I scampering for stuff to say.

House is my younger brother's turf. That's understandable, he's a nerd and always loves stuff to stimulate his senses. Me? Not a geek but not so secure in that thought (that's why I never wear my glasses).

Lost got lost as Spikyn rightly said earlier. The plot was bound to Bleep up (sorry). Kinda like the perverted version of Gilligan's Island which was great BTW.

Monk is definitely a show I'd like to watch with my significant other on a rainy day, all snuggled up, 'as snug as a bug in a rug' as Stephen King would say. Autism stricken Adrian can always make you think of the world in a better way.

24 is a show my younger brother loved so much. I was like what's the big deal with this show and ended up liking it more.

I haven't heard of Joan of Arcadia, though I saw a movie Joan of Arc. If it has anything to do with that movie, then I think it will be tough going for them to stretch that story into any reasonable length without being boring.

Grey's Anatomy made way too much waves. As for iice not liking Meredith, well I think the freaking hospital is named after her mother. I don't have a problem with her, but I have always loved the sexual tension she bottles up inside. Sandra Oh's character is crazier than any one else's. All in all, it's cool.

Angel's David Boreanaz kicks ass, but he seems to be very shy in real life. I saw him on View, a girl power show, (I don't know what's wrong with me) and he looked like he couldn't light a firecracker with a flame thrower. a father already and probably more coming disqualies all em raunchy females, lol.

I've been typn this and that all day, I think I'll call it quits.

That's all folks, have a nice day, y'all!
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 6:36pm On Aug 30, 2007
Hah Joan of Arcadia is not Joan of Arc. . .but the message is there undecided
Joan of Arcadia, sees God in different people everyday. . .as in they talk to her, give her hints and clues for the good deeds to do. . .

Yup David Boreanaz is not at all like his xter Angel/Angelus. . .the beauty of Acting (make believe) lol
But i still drool for Angel kiss kiss
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2007
spikyn
I got to see a li'l bit of dexter yesterday. . .i was surfing. . .nevermind lol
Nwayz. . .should i say shocked shocked shocked psycho freak alert!!! tongue
Oh gawd, Micheal C. Hall didn't play my favorite character on Six feet under (though he gave really intense performances) but danggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!
To kill by night and walk into the precinct smelling freshly of downy, without any trepidation!
He indeed is a vacant shell grin grin
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by vescucci(m): 9:30am On Oct 03, 2007
iice I presume you're talking about Dexter, ain't ya! If you're then I gotta get me this stuff. I like serial killer flicks. In fact I'm writing my debut book, and guess what, it's about two serial killers at loggerheads not quite like Kiss The Girls, but sorta inspired by it. I'm still writing and I'm not sure if I've reached a point to decide whether it's worth it, to continue I mean. What with all this fake ass Publishers up here, and all. Anyways there isn't much about that stuff I wanna say, prematurely. When the s**t hit the fan I'll tell y'all. If the reverse is the case, I'll tell y'all too. But don't wait on me cuz, I might take, say a year for this, cuz I'm sorta a perfectionist on this kinda stuff. Too much talk!
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2007
vescucci
Yeah, you should check it out. . .it looks pretty good (and there are narration bits in it too lol)
You should check out Mr Brooks too (Kevin Costner and William Hurt). . .I love this movie
Costner, plays a seemingly 'normal' guy, man of the year blah blah
But he also has this thirst for killing. Hurt plays his schizo part? Well it's not like they are exactly separate beings, i mean they talk to each other, plan stuffs. And he is very meticulous. It's a pretty good movie, with a few twists and turns
You should also check 23 with Jim Carrey. It's kindda a warped illusion of a guy. Cool twists too. Best thing is the mental aspect of it. Just for research purposes lol tongue
Ahhhhh a book you say, well i'l cross ma fingers for you and look out for that one wink

@Topic, am currently just watching Ugly Betty
Claire Meade and Wilhemina (sp) are the bomb!
I just love Claire. . .the woman doesn't give a fig about no one or nothing. She just does her thing and speaks the truth regardless of the people it will affect. . .hehehe.
Wilhemina, chaiii conniving and manipulative, i loff her! grin grin

Haven't gotten to updating my prison break and House but am updated on Heroes grin grin Just love that show
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by vescucci(m): 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2007
Ok then. I'll look out for them series. I saw a trailer and review for the Mr Brooks film and I think it's fabulous. I'm always amazed how such very good stories are found nowadays. The Hurt guy was like his alter ego, the devil in him if you will. I wonder how it would have been if another guy plays the angel in him. It would have been too comical but fun nonetheless to think of.

If 23 is anything like you described then I'd say they were pushing it cuz I think I saw a film once, Butterfly, that has a very similar story with THE SAME FREAKING ACTOR! except of course, if it's a sequel.

Ugly Betty won an academy, didn't it? Well haven't got around to seeing it either. it's like theirs an explosion of all these series these days and it's grueling to keep up. Damn Hollywood! Space it out for my lifetime, dammit!

Well, uh, if you're gonna cross anything, I'd suggest a part of your body that you might not use too often, cuz you might be crossing it for over a year. Besides who ever heard of a masterpiece written quickly? Barbara Cartland used to dictate her books to a stenographer and finish her books short of weeks sometime. (time taken to READ some books) but Stephen King also spent 4 years of his life to write 'IT'. IT being a book. Used to have trouble with that book. Ask your brother if he has read 'IT' and when he says what, you say "IT". He'd probably think you have more screws loose than can provide proper functionality. Bottomline: I'm going in between, 1+ years and if I ain't done I probably never will.

God I need to go back to school and learn summarization again.
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2007
Yup, Mr. Brooks is pretty good and hurt is just an amazing actor. The way he laughs in the movie is quite chilling, you just know how mentally deranged he can be hehehe.
Butterfly? Butterfly effect? With Ashton Kutcher. . .there is a sequel but its just you know one of those sequel, you wonder where they got money to make the movie undecided
23 is kindda like him finding this book, the book speaks of a life that mirrors his. There are calculations that always end with the number 23 - of course having been put in his head, he will look for a way to make the calculations result in the number 23. It begins to drive him crazy. . .there are murders in the book, he tries to find the murderer and get to the root of this number 23 thing. The conclusion leads him to an unexpected area. . .don't want to spoil it for you.

LMAO, no worries. . .to get a book out there takes time. Time can be infinite or not. . . but am not worried. So long as the fire burns and the passion flows. . .it will happen. I will be crossing ma toes too grin grin
IT is one of my favorites lol.

Ugly betty won emmy and golden globe. academy is only for movies. Yeah i know what you mean. . .i have soo many programs i watch and try to keep up with, then new ones keep flowing in. BTW i was trying to check out the pilot for Bionic Woman, i heard it looks good. There are couple of new shows being added to the networks this fall, so you can imagine how hard it will be keeping upto date and maintaining the viewing of such shows. It's not easy but if like me, you adore motion pictures, it can be a breeze sometimes. . .am afraid i tend to be wrapped up in TV sometimes hehehe. I even watch some crappy shows (some of those reality stuffs lol)
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by vescucci(m): 8:47am On Oct 04, 2007
Yeah, Butterfly effect, that's the one, with Ashton Kutcher too. Jim and Ashton now that I think about it have a lot in common, they should have done Dumb and Dumber together. Academy for a series, I wouldn't have believed I wrote that if it wasn't staring at my face right now. Anyways, I AM getting older too, damn! Wouldn't it be nice to stay forever young?

If 23 sounds like you make it, then it might be worth it. I like stuff like that. Like there's this book, The Rule of Four, that I really think should be made into a movie before long. It has more puzzles than The Da Vinci Code or National Treasury (is that right? You know which I mean-God I really am getting old). Plus the budget could be low with massive returns. In fact I could make a cast in my head right now. My summarization class is coming on nicely!
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 9:04am On Oct 04, 2007
Eyah, well you can join me on the porch and we can just sit and swing and toast to old age tongue grin (lots of and[i]s[/i]) grin grin
Yeah i know what you mean, hmmmm i should look for that book, can i find it online? - to read that is. . .i loff freebies grin grin
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by vescucci(m): 11:52am On Oct 05, 2007
The official website of The Rule of Four is , http://www.theruleoffour.com. I think you should be able to click that. Though it's mainly a forum and fan based site. I'm not sure if they're going to give you a preview of the book even. That's understandable because the book is the first of the authors (they're two best friends who recently graduated, one from Harvard and the other from Princeton, which happens to be the backdrop of the book) But I'm sure there are people out there who can make the book available and very illegal too. If you have Limewire of Emule software, you should be able to find it. If I can find it myself then I'll send it too. If all fails you might have to part with 7.99 or there about or find a friend who has, hehehe.

As for old age, my lady, we have a veeeeery long way and very many drinks and many swings and many nights to sit on the porch!
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by iice(f): 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2007
Okie dokie. . .will check it up on the p2p thingie grin grin
Thanks for the tip. . .but if you get it b4 me, send it to me grin
Re: Any "heroes, Kyle Xy, Monk Or Joan Of Arcadia" Fans? by vescucci(m): 9:33am On Oct 09, 2007
will do!

(1) (Reply)

Your Favorite Nigerian Movie Love Scenei / Couples Paradise Tv Reality Show Calling! / Nollywood Films On Wikipedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.