Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja (966 Views)

Amaechi’s Letter To Saraki Lacks Merit, Says PDP / For Yorubas, Buhari Is A Scam – APC S/west Leader. / Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by aljharem(m): 3:56am On Feb 25, 2011
THE deputy governor of Oyo State, Alhaji Taofeek Arapaja, has told former governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Tinubu, that he lacks the liberty to speak for the Yoruba race.

Alhaji Arapaja stated this while reacting to the outburst credited to the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) leader in the media, while reacting to President Goodluck Jonathan’s address at the official commencement of the South-West campaign rally of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at Mapo Hall, in Ibadan two weeks ago.

According to the Arapaja, who spoke through his chief media officer, Kola Adegoke, Yoruba people of the South-West were the most educated, the most enlightened and the most politically sophisticated in the country, and would have reacted to the president’s statement if they felt insulted by the remarks that had generated needless controversies in the media.

Arapaja said with the array of self-determination groups like the Yoruba Unity Forum; Afenifere; Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE); Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC); Oodua Redemption Movement (ORM); The Agbekoya Group, all peopled by eminent Yoruba men and women of proven integrity, the Yoruba race would have spoken out if the president really abused them or offended true, genuine and morally upright Yorubas with his comments at the Mapo rally.

Alhaji Arapaja asked if Tinubu, who had refused to publicly disclose or associate with his root in Iragbiji, Osun State, had the moral right to speak for the Yoruba race.

He said leaders like Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Adegoke Adelabu; Chief Abraham Adesanya; Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola; Chief Michael Adekunle Ajasin; Chief Bola Ige and a host of other Yoruba leaders, never

adopted hook and crook means to assume leadership positions. They all lived by good examples which those who claimed to be their disciples must emulate.

He said those affected by Jonathan’s remarks were not the people of Yorubaland but political desperadoes who had perfected the art of blackmailing the society, including the judiciary to get to office at all cost.

The deputy governor said the campaign of calumny launched by Tinubu’s foot soldiers against Governor Alao-Akala portrayed them as a bunch of petty and insincere politicians because industrial unrest in the health sector was not peculiar to Oyo State, while he reminded Tinubu that his political godson, Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola was yet to resolve the strike embarked upon by medical workers in the state in spite of the close to N20 billion revenue accruing to the state every month.

Alhaji Arapaja also said Tinubu’s adopted Lagos State was ranked 32nd out of 36 states in the implementation of the Universal Basic Education (UBE) programme, thus, tampering with the future of innocent children in Lagos State.

The deputy governor of Oyo State, however, wants Senator Tinubu to concentrate on how to clear the mess he created in ACN through imposition of family members and his cronies and those of other party leaders as candidates against the wish of party members

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/18085-tinubu-lacks-privilege-to-speak-for-yorubas-arapaja
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by Mobinga: 3:57am On Feb 25, 2011
Are we still on this? We off this.
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by Nobody: 4:04am On Feb 25, 2011
He said leaders like Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Adegoke Adelabu; Chief Abraham Adesanya; Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola; Chief Michael Adekunle Ajasin; Chief Bola Ige and a host of other Yoruba leaders, never

adopted hook and crook means to assume leadership positions. They all lived by good examples which those who claimed to be their disciples must emulate.

Yes o, wiser worlds have never been spoken.

Tinubu, nitori Olorun, just speak for the Igbo ppl. They deserve your ring-around-the-rosie bullshoit.
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by Mobinga: 9:09am On Feb 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Tinubu, nitori Olorun, just speak for t[b]he Igbo ppl[/b]. They deserve your ring-around-the-rosie bullshoit.

Huh??! What's your obsession with Igbo people? Seriously this is getting old.
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by fstranger3(m): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2011
I dont recall Tinubu ever speaking on behalf of the Yoruba people.
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by joeyfire(m): 9:30am On Feb 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Tinubu, nitori Olorun, just speak for the Igbo ppl. They deserve your ring-around-the-rosie bullshoit.

I dont think i ever read anything more intellectually challenged than this crap you just typed.

Arapaja made a lot of sense, Tinubu must have been ''high''when he made that statement because it was illogical,childish and shamelessly primordial.
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by excanny: 9:51am On Feb 25, 2011
fstranger3:

I dont recall Tinubu ever speaking on behalf of the Yoruba people.

You sure do have lots and lots of memory loss. I dont envy you though.
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by fstranger3(m): 9:53am On Feb 25, 2011
excanny:

You sure do have lots and lots of memory loss. I dont envy you though.

Talk is cheap, provide evidence.

Why do I have a feeling that you have comprehension difficulties?

Is English language your third language?
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by excanny: 10:17am On Feb 25, 2011
fstranger3:

Talk is cheap, provide evidence.

Isn't he the Asiwaju of Yorubaland?
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by fstranger3(m): 10:19am On Feb 25, 2011
excanny:

Isn't he the Asiwaju of Yorubaland?

The Asiwaju title was given to him by the Oba of Lagos, not the Alaafin

Hence, he is the Asiwaju of Lagos, not the Asiwaju of Yorubaland.

Did I make myself clear?

PS: Try enrolling in a night class. A mind is indeed a terrible thing to waste.
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by Mobinga: 10:25am On Feb 25, 2011
Lmao!!! ^^ Nice on , again
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by fstranger3(m): 10:27am On Feb 25, 2011
^^^

Again?

What do you mean?
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by excanny: 10:31am On Feb 25, 2011
fstranger3:

The Asiwaju title was given to him by the Oba of Lagos, not the Alaafin

Hence, he is the Asiwaju of Lagos, not the Asiwaju of Yorubaland.

Did I make myself clear?

But he owns a Yoruba party that pulls its weight in the SW. If he does speak, no else will speak? Bode George?
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by fstranger3(m): 10:33am On Feb 25, 2011
excanny:

But he owns a Yoruba party that pulls its weight in the SW. If he does speak, no else will speak? Bode George?

You are becoming incoherent, are you stroking out?
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by excanny: 10:46am On Feb 25, 2011
^^^
You keep going back and forth. Are you suggesting that Bode George speak for the Yorubas?

Dude is coming out from prison tomorrow. I'm sure with some renew vigor. What do you think?

Should we install him as the new 'de facto' Yoruba leader to take over from Awo?
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by jaso1(m): 10:51am On Feb 25, 2011
Some people speaks as if they lack teeth in their mouth. Tinumbu in every measures deserved the title bequeath on him and if anybody feel aggrieved he or she is doing that on a sentiment.
This gr8 guy stood when others were busy compromising, he make sure that Yoruba voice remain echoed when some traded their strength for material and political thuggery. The so call Arapaja who is he? What has he reflect in Oyo State? what legacy is he trying to build after leaving the post? For anybody to now concentrate and giving this type of person audience, it shows the level of orientation the person has.
Tinubu whatever name you tag him he's a soldier, for the fact that he's making sure there is liberty even when it's been perceived by some as a way of accruing to himself a political influence but fact still remain that SW has gradually been rescued from PDP menace either you like it or not, person like Arapanla or alapanla even elesenla will never make any good impact, this people have sworn an oath to fully destroyed you and your future.
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by fstranger3(m): 10:54am On Feb 25, 2011
excanny:

^^^
You keep going back and forth. Are you suggesting that Bode George speak for the Yorubas?

Where in my post did I mention Bode George?

Dude is coming out from prison tomorrow. I'm sure with some renew vigor. What do you think?

You mean what I think of Nwodo spending the rest of his pathetic life in Jail? Who cares about what happens in Alaigbo, Eko ile is where the party at.  Ask me anything about Lagos, I will answer

Should we install him as the new 'de facto' Yoruba leader to take over from Awo?

Awo died in 1987, why would Bode George be taking over from him now?  Are you this dumb in RL or just acting dumb so you could appear intelligent to your Igbo brothers?

Either way, you need to enroll in Adult school. Like I said before, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by seunlayi(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2011

He said those affected by Jonathan’s remarks were not the people of Yorubaland but political desperadoes who had perfected the art of blackmailing the society, including the judiciary to get to office at all cost.

This is the situation we now have in Nigeria of today:-
Lagos - Pdp, anpp etc are criticizing Fashola to gain favour
Ogun - ACN, ANPP, ACCORD etc are criticizing Daniel to gain politcal favour
Oyo - ACN, ANPP, ACCORD etc are criticizing Daniel to gain politcal favour
This is applicable to other states of the federation. Whereas the politicians are all this politicians are all political actors in different character.
Re: Tinubu Lacks Privilege To Speak For Yorubas - Arapaja by excanny: 11:12am On Feb 25, 2011
@Stranger

You had no leader since Awo left. Tell me who was Yoruba Leader? 

Dimeji Bank-Ole?
Stranger, I think it's about time I send some Modakeke folks to deal with your arze!

(1) (Reply)

Cnbc Africa's Interview With Sanusi / Is Sabon Gari Under Attack? / Randy Filipino Impregnates 13-year- Old Nigerian Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.