Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,931 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas (9717 Views)

SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC / Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by VirginFinder: 11:03pm On May 14, 2015
Whether a Yoruba man from the North Central(Bukola) emerges as Senate President or another Yoruba man from the SW emerges Speaker(Femi), all I see is a win-win scenario for we Yorubas.
If former is the case, Yoruba would have emerged nos 2 & 3 in the federation and if
the latter is the case, we would have emerged nos 2 & 4.

However, I have noticed that some ibos (especially on NL) in a bid to spite/taunt Yorubas are trying very hard to label Bukola as a Fulani man thereby defying reason and common sense out of sheer envy for Yorubas.
These moroniccc ibos fail to realise the having secured the no 2 slot(potential no 1), any other principal position Yorubas get is just an icing on the cake.

If ibos were no 2, they dare not ask for anything else.
Despite voting(rigging) massively for the GEJ/PDP in 2011, the best they could get was Deputy Senate President followed by Deputy Speaker .

The only impediment to a SW speakership is a Bukola emergence as Senate President and not the readiness of ibos and other non Yoruba southern/PDP reps to vote Yakubu Dogara in a hateful bid to hit back at the Yorubas.
NE wont clamour for the Speakership if they already have the senate presidency.

It'll be unfair to have nos 2,3,4 coming from one tribe(Yoruba).
Even the north have expressed this sentiment. This explains Tinubu's backing of the NE for the Senate Presidency to pave the way for the SW - not for any other reason than the quest to remain the most powerful Yoruba politician in APC. It's almost the same reason he dissed Mulikat Akande in 2011.

Unfortunately for Tinubu, Bukola Saraki appears to be very popular across party lines in the senate. He may eventually emerge.

In the end, Yorubas' interests remain intact.
That's why it's a win-win for we Yorubas.
Yoruba interest surpasses that of any Yoruba person.
From time immemorial, we Yorubas know that Yorubaland is bigger than the SW. My great grandmum was a Yoruba woman from the NC.

Envious ibos can go hades!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by SHARIAREPORTERS: 11:08pm On May 14, 2015
Kwara is headed by an emir Kwara state geo-political zone is north central Saraki u all claimed to be a yoruba man was once d chairman of d northern forum D top men in kwara state house re fulaniz Stop bin childish, u can claim offa, buh dey all bow to emir of ilorin As far as ilorin cum kwara is concerned, fulaniz remain d masterz

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by BlackTechnology: 11:12pm On May 14, 2015
Dreamer

Dream well. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by superstar1(m): 11:20pm On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Kwara is headed by an emir
Kwara state geo-political zone is north central
Saraki u all claimed to be a yoruba man was once d chairman of d northern forum
D top men in kwara state house re fulaniz
Stop bin childish, u can claim offa, buh dey all bow to emir of ilorin
As far as ilorin cum kwara is concerned, fulaniz remain d masterz
Igbos in Kogi and Benue are in which region?

Does that make them non-Igbos.

See the folly of the red cap wearing okoro man.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by SHARIAREPORTERS: 11:23pm On May 14, 2015
superstar1:
Igbos in Kogi and Benue are in which region?
Does that make them non-Igbos.
See the folly of the red cap wearing okoro man.
Force saraki cum kwara state to be south west na?

6 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by superstar1(m): 11:28pm On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

The same way you cannot force Delta Igbos, Rivers Igbos, Kogi Igbos and Benue Igbos to be part of the artificial division of SE.

Gbam. Case closed. QED.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by OduaVanguard: 11:32pm On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

You just don't get it, do you? We have no problem with Kwara being in the North Central geopolitical zone. That doesn't change the simple fact that we have Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi. You are obviously unhappy at the prospect of a Yoruba son clinching one of either positions since your entire existence and happiness as an igbo and Biafran is dependent upon a breakdown of the North - SW alliance. That you chose to reject Bukola's Yoruba roots is as inconsequential as you are as an igboman is in Nigeria politics.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Kwara is headed by an emir
Kwara state geo-political zone is north central
Saraki u all claimed to be a yoruba man was once d chairman of d northern forum
D top men in kwara state house re fulaniz
Stop bin childish, u can claim offa, buh dey all bow to emir of ilorin
As far as ilorin cum kwara is concerned, fulaniz remain d masterz

Shut up, being the chairman of northern forum does not make him a fulani man. Was Awoniyi not once the chairman of the same group?

Igbos are synonymous with defeats and losses

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by SHARIAREPORTERS: 11:35pm On May 14, 2015
OduaVanguard:

You just don't get it, do you? We have no problem with Kwara being in the North Central geopolitical zone. That doesn't change the simple fact that we have Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi. You are obviously unhappy at the prospect of a Yoruba son clinching one of either positions since your entire existence and happiness as an igbo and Biafra is dependent upon a breakdown of tha North - SW alliance. That you chose to reject Bukola's Yoruba roots is as inconsequential as you are as an igboman is in Nigerian politics.
Saraki won't call himself a yoruba man

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by disumusa: 11:35pm On May 14, 2015
Mumu igbo, iam from yoruba part of kogi, and sunday awoniyi was elect as arewa chairman, so yoruba and hausa are related, i,e religion,dresin,norms,value,and enviromentaly

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by winniz: 11:38pm On May 14, 2015
VirginFinder:
Whether a Yoruba man from the North Central(Bukola) emerges as Senate President or another Yoruba man from the SW emerges Speaker(Femi), all I see is a win-win scenario for we Yorubas.
If former is the case, Yoruba would have emerged nos 2 & 3 in the federation and if

However, I have noticed that some ibos (especially on NL) in a bid to spite/taunt Yorubas are trying very hard to label Bukola as a Fulani man thereby defying reason and common sense out of sheer envy for Yorubas.
These moroniccc ibos fail to realise the having secured the no 2 slot(potential no 1), any other principal position Yorubas get is just an icing on the cake.

Despite voting(rigging) massively for the GEJ/PDP in 2011, the best they could get was Deputy Senate President followed by Deputy Speaker .

The only impediment to a SW speakership is a Bukola emergence as Senate President and not the readiness of ibos and other non Yoruba southern/PDP reps to vote Yakubu Dogara in a hateful bid to hit back at the Yorubas.

Even the north have expressed this sentiment. This explains Tinubu's backing of the NE for the Senate Presidency to pave the way for the SW - not for any other reason than the quest to remain the most powerful Yoruba politician in APC. It's almost the same reason he dissed Mulikat Akande in 2011.

Unfortunately for Tinubu, Bukola Saraki appears to be very popular across party lines in the senate. He may eventually emerge.

From time immemorial, we Yorubas know that Yorubaland is bigger than the SW. My great grandmum was a Yoruba woman from the NC.

Envious ibos can go hades!

See ranting of a loser, is Kwara state not in North Central and headed by an Emir? So how is it Yorubaland? Quit whining the so called man is representing NC not SW, Kwara state belongs to hausa/Fulani not Yorubas so just deal with it.

6 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by disumusa: 11:38pm On May 14, 2015
Mumu igbo, iam from yoruba part of kogi, and sunday awoniyi was elect as arewa chairman, so yoruba and hausa are related, i,e religion,dresin,norms,value,and enviromentaly,kwara,kogi,benue, tapa at oyo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 14, 2015
superstar1:

The same way you cannot force Delta Igbos, Rivers Igbos, Kogi Igbos and Benue Igbos to be part of the artificial division of SE.

Gbam. Case closed. QED.

Err, bruddah, I don't think heading the Senate and/or being the speaker of the house is actually a win, in the real sense of it, since the country has a constitution and members of both houses would still have to deliberate/vote in/on whatever law/constitution-amendment they might want to make.

I'm more interested in the ministerial portfolios and how the important ones are shared among the APC strongholds in all the geopolitical zones. If the Yorubas don't get at least the finance ministry and possibly aviation (and a next one), then they lost out. Strongholds have to be compensated.

David Cameron just selected his new cabinet and Northern England only got one. And that's basically because they don't vote for conservatives up there. My point is that: when it comes to politics/election, you've to always cater to your base. But from what I'm seeing, it seems these muthaphucking Northerners are trying to play a fast one on the Yorubas - and it doesn't look pretty at all. grin

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by tpiadotcom: 11:46pm On May 14, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Shymmex OBE

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by superstar1(m): 11:49pm On May 14, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

Err, bruddah, I don't think heading the Senate and/or being the speaker of the house is actually a win, in the real sense of it, since the country has a constitution and members of both houses would still have to deliberate/vote in/on whatever law/constitutional-amendment they might want to make.

I'm more interested in the ministerial portfolios and how the important ones are shared among the APC strongholds in all the geopolitical zones. If the Yorubas don't get at least the finance ministry and possibly aviation (and a next one), then they lost out. Strongholds have to be compensated.

David Cameron just selected his new cabinet and Northern England only got one. And that's basically because they don't vote for conservatives up there. My point is that: when it comes to politics/election, you've to always cater to your base. But from what I'm seeing, it seems these muthaphucking Northerners are trying to play a fast one on the Yorubas - and it doesn't look pretty at all. grin

I do not see that happening bro.

Just wait and see the scheming unfolds on May 29.

There is really no cause for alarm yet. It is a win win situation. Bukola will either become Senate President and a NEasterner will be the Speaker of House of Reps. That is the worst case scenario.

I m not too particular about where the Ministers are from, in as much as they are chosen based on potential pedigree and merit and GMB puts the round peg in the round hole.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by superstar1(m): 11:56pm On May 14, 2015
disumusa:
Mumu igbo, iam from yoruba part of kogi, and sunday awoniyi was elect as arewa chairman, so yoruba and hausa are related, i,e religion,dresin,norms,value,and enviromentaly

Don't mind those losers.

Just because we do not go around shouting Kogi Yorubas, Edo yorubas or kwara yorubas makes them think we do not know the boundary of our ancestors.

For their information our boundary runs deep to Ajaokuta to the East and Jebba to.the west along the River Niger known as Odo Oya.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 14, 2015
superstar1:

I do not see that happening bro.

Just wait and see the scheming unfolds on May 29.

There is really no cause for alarm yet.

I saw a list earlier today (it seems the source is legit cos it's Osundefender and I believe it's pro-Yoruba/APC).

If they get outplayed in the scheme of things, that's gonna be funny and sad at the same time - tragicomedy. grin

But hey, I don't see the geezer lasting more than two years in office, especially if he gets senile and create enemies for himself within his party, by the end of his first year. I'm calling it first - the same way I said he was the chosen one after seeing him with the Archbishop of Canterbury in 2013. Make sure you remember this quote. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by superstar1(m): 12:03am On May 15, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

I saw a list earlier today (it seems the source is legit cos it's Osundefender and I believe it's pro-Yoruba/APC).

If they get outplayed in the scheme of things, that's gonna be funny and sad at the same time - tragicomedy. grin

But hey, I don't see the geezer lasting more than two years in office, especially if he gets senile and create enemies for himself within his party, by the end of his first year. I'm calling it first - the same way I said he was the chosen one after seeing him with the Archbishop of Canterbury in 2013. Make sure you remember this quote. grin

Yeah Osundefender is pro-yoruba/apc.

It's a game, we are all watching closely. One thing I am sure of is, as usual, we always know all the moves of our opponents and we are always 10ce prepared for any eventuality.

May 29 is just around the corner. The game continues.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 12:14am On May 15, 2015
superstar1:

Yeah Osundefender is pro-yoruba/apc.

It's a game, we are all watching closely. One thing I am sure of is, as usual, we always know all the moves of our opponents and we are always 10ce prepared for any eventuality.

May 29 is just around the corner. The game continues.

Power corrupts people...and the average Fulani is just as greedy/nepotistic as the fellow pikey in Southern Nigeria. So I won't be surprised if the selection goes along the tangent I saw earlier today - with all the important portfolios going to the NW region. And not being distributed among technocrats from the strongholds.

Anyway, I'll follow it closely and see how everything plays out.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Franzeez(m): 2:38am On May 15, 2015
Threads like this should be deleted.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by MayorofLagos(m): 2:56am On May 15, 2015
VirginFinder:

Envious ibos can go to hades! LAGOOON

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Gbawe: 3:27am On May 15, 2015
ShymmexOBE:

That list is 100% fake and compiled in the bedroom of someone who is not too bright. Dealing with the 'source' first, I can tell you that Osun defender, while pro-Yoruba/pro-APC, is not the best-run news-source primarily because the site presents a lot of unedited news culled from elsewhere. Anything from Osundefenders therefore has to be taken with an investigative grain of salt. In other words , majority of the articles presented on Osundefenders are not products of their own in-house investigations and can thus not be trusted for this reason. The list you talk about is hosted below.

https://www.nairaland.com/2314351/b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g-new-ministerial-list-emerged#33741440

To see proof of what I am talking about, click the link above and scroll down to the end of original article and then click the Osundefender link. Once on the Osundefender page scroll down and click "see the complete list" link in blue. The real source of the article is revealed which is :

http://www.newsat247.com/2015/05/new-ministerial-list-emerged-buhari-drops-governors-fashola-and-fayemi-finally-see-the-new-twenty-four-buharis-loyalists-set-for-final-approval/

To the list itself, I can tell you there is no politician called "Timpire Silver" as claimed. It is Timipre Sylva. Big differences like that show this is a list an uninformed mischief-maker, who cannot even spell the name of so-called appointees correctly, pulled out of his azz.

Also, Segun Oni is on the list. He recently only joined the APC from the PDP. Now, how on earth will Oni be a Minister and the likes of Fayemi who drafts APC policies, strategy and helped create Party Manifesto, plus is trusted by and very close to Buhari, is "dropped"? Ditto Fashola. Cramming the list with Northerners is a dead giveaway as well as is the omission of Justice Minister.

Bottom line is that this is another mischievous delivery from anti-SW elements keen to wind folks up with the insinuation "Born to rule" North has claimed it all and "used and dumped" the Yorubas. This is what some wish and are dreaming of yet such does not take into account the reality of Nigeria and the character of Buhari himself. These hateful hacks are only writing what 'gets them off' er0t1cally and I would not pay any attention to their drivel if I were you. Wait to see the substantive list and you will be surprised.

One thing most do not know, or deliberately fail to account for, is that Buhari is well aware that the true "born to rule" from the North, i,e those who exist solely on government largesse and patronage, are the very folks who will bring his government down and cause it to fail if not kept well at bay and neutralized. Those people did not give Buhari his leadership mandate. Ordinary Nigerians did and Buhari is aware of this. Left to the Northern elites and real "born to rule" advocates then Jonathan would have been preferable because he abets "business as usual" by always looking away which Buhari will not do. Buhari and his region have suffered at the hands of these "born to rule" vipers and they have directly plotted for the past ten years to ensure he never becomes President since they see this to mark an end of "business as usual". If Buhari is to stand a chance of succeeding then he will know those type of Northerners must never be allowed to hijack let alone become the powerful exponents of his government.

In fact, those 'Hawks' are the sort Buhari must deal with in his second coming since they are the ones who have turned the North into what it is - which is the most backward region in Nigeria today. If you are a man of integrity, like Buhari and in his shoes, would you not shun your fellow Yorubas who have destroyed the SW with their rapacious and anti-people greed? Would you let those sort, when they always worked against your emergence, be the backbone of your government if you are very passionate about changing the status quo in your own region and Nigeria at large? Ethnocentric mischief-makers and haters will have their say but reality, which is that Buhari will do what must be done to succeed, will disgrace all their malevolent lies and fabrications. The simple and definitive truth is that Buhari will fail if, after decades fighting to lead Nigeria, he now capitulates to the "born to rule" Vultures from his region. Buhari will not do that and it is only the wishful thinking of anti-Yoruba ethnic jingoists who wish this to be the reality so they can gain the "North used and dumped Yoruba" revenge they badly crave. Sadly for them, Buhari has his eyes on rescuing Nigeria and leaving a positive legacy. He does not have any interest in becoming anyone's ethnic 'local champion' even if some have gotten used to GEJ being that to them. Not too long now and we shall see the real list of Ministers.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by tevinsolt: 4:34am On May 15, 2015
winniz:

See ranting of a loser, is Kwara state not in North Central and headed by an Emir? So how is it Yorubaland? Quit whining the so called man is representing NC not SW, Kwara state belongs to hausa/Fulani not Yorubas so just deal with it.

I think someone is having problems with the English language.

let's have a little teaching session shall we?

north, south, east and west are geographical points. you probably know this but just acting spiteful on purpose. these terms have never been used or will ever be used as political boundaries. Before the creation of Nigeria, there were cultural boundaries. the Yoruba's Territory or Yorubaland extends from present day SW and NC Nigeria to parts of Benin and Togo. If you are Igbo, then you might not be able to comprehend this because the culture by land is only limited to political boundaries of Nigeria.
I was born and raised in Ilorin for much of life, a wise man once said "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:36am On May 15, 2015
winniz:

Kwara state does not belong to Hausa/Fulani. That there's an emir in Ilorin doesn't mean Hausa/Fulani own Kwara state. You know absolutely nothing about Kwara State.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 4:52am On May 15, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

Saraki won't call himself a yoruba man
He doesn't have to,his name is Bukola,his father's name is olusola and his sister's name is Gbemisola,his wife toyin ojora saraki.go to Ilorin and speak Fulani to them,i can bet my life u will hardly see someone that will understand u

7 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 5:15am On May 15, 2015
yemaldo:

He doesn't have to,his name is Bukola,his father's name is olusola and his sister's name is Gbemisola,his wife toyin ojora saraki.go to Ilorin and speak Fulani to them,i can bet my life u will hardly see someone that will understand u
Lol chai this Yoruba people no go kill pesin. So just to console yourself about your impending dumping from your slave masters, you have now decided to adopt Saraki even when it is obvious, the only thing Yoruba in Saraki is his name only?

This is damn hilarious

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 5:21am On May 15, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Kwara state does not belong to Hausa/Fulani. That there's an emir in Ilorin doesn't mean Hausa/Fulani own Kwara state. You know absolutely nothing about Kwara State.
The yorubas lost illorin when afonja teamed up with the hausa warrior Alimi to rebel against the alaafin of oyo.The warrior after the rebellion deposed home and his descendants have ruled illorin ever since.

Illorin as it is have been taken over by the hausa

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 5:26am On May 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lol chai this Yoruba people no go kill pesin. So just to console yourself about your impending dumping from your slave masters, you have now decided to adopt Saraki even when it is obvious, the only thing Yoruba in Saraki is his name only?

This is damn hilarious
Saraki is not a Fulani name,infact there is saraki family in ogun state,oga go and do ur research,no town or village in Kwara state has a Fulani name,why do u think d Fulanis in Ilorin are adopting Yoruba name?

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 5:32am On May 15, 2015
yemaldo:

Saraki is not a Fulani name,infact there is saraki family in ogun state,oga go and do ur research,no town or village in Kwara state has a Fulani name,why do u think d Fulanis in Ilorin are adopting Yoruba name?
Bros Saraki himself has denied you https://www.nairaland.com/311148/saraki-fulani-mali

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Nobody: 5:54am On May 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros Saraki himself has denied you https://www.nairaland.com/311148/saraki-fulani-mali

But why are they adopting Yoruba name
Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:04am On May 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

The yorubas lost illorin when afonja teamed up with the hausa warrior Alimi to rebel against the alaafin of oyo.The warrior after the rebellion deposed home and his descendants have ruled illorin ever since.

Illorin as it is have been taken over by the hausa

I can only laugh at your oversimplification. The story of Ilorin was not that simple. Alimi could not have defeated Afonja without the support of a muslim Yoruba population who wanted theocracy in Ilorin. Ilorin was not conquered by Hausa/Fulani as some would have you believe.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency/speakership: A Win-win For Yorubas by PenSniper: 6:05am On May 15, 2015
Franzeez:
Threads like this should be deleted.

Good talk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Importers Of Off-spec Petrol Must Be Held Accountable - Buhari / I Am That Breath Of Fresh Air That Nigeria Needs - Accord Presidential Candidate / Is This Nigerian Senator Sleeping Or Meditating On Duty? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.