Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms (754 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum / Nigerians Attack Ike Ekweremadu In Germany / See How Amosun Gave His Thugs Sign To Boo & Attack Buhari - Twitter Users Accuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 8:38am On Sep 18, 2020
Reports!

President Muhammadu government has come under attack over the compulsory registration of self-certification forms.

The Buhari-led government had on Thursday ordered that all Nigerians with account holders in any financial institution must obtain, complete and submit Self–Certification Forms.

The forms are required by the relevant financial institutions to do due diligence procedures in line with the Income Tax Regulations 2019.

The government announced that failure to adhere to this instruction will attract sanctions, which may include monetary penalty or inability to operate the account.

This development has led to criticisms from Nigerians on Twitter, accusing the government of always making life difficult for Nigerians.

Some Nigerians queried the importance of BVN and National ID card, if every account holder needs to fill out a self certification form in the midst of pandemic.

Here are some comments gathered by DAILY POST from Twitter:

@AyoOyalowo “ BVN. National Driver’s license. National ID card. INEC registration. International Passport. Biometrics were taken in all these places. Why do you people like to see us suffer in queues for no reason? Can’t you take whatever data you need already? This is just so wrong.”

@Omojuwa “ Na you do National ID card, na you do SIM registration, you even did Bank Verification Number to align accounts but you are here again talking “Self-Certification. Even if you are confused about running government, can you at least pretend not to be confused?

@OfficialMrSeun “All the above mentioned have all our biometrics and facial recognition. What the heck is self certification?

@Ogbenidipo “ Small time they will ask us to go and bring the left finger of our dead grand mothers. Because after BVN, Drivers Licence, International Passport, Birth Certificate, SIM registration, National ID card, I don’t know what else they want.”

@Mccoyinnocent “ They will even ask us to submit our death certificates by ourselves.”

@OkusegunVerdict “ BVN. Driver’s license. National ID card. INEC registration. International passport. Biometrics were taken in all these places. So, what is the meaning of this?

@Victor_Terhemba “ This has got to be the most stupid government in the entire world.Why couldn’t the FG mandate the banks or FIRS to provide an online platform where customers can fill this form. And since we have BVN linked to all accounts, you don’t have to fill the form multiple times.”

@IamWakajeje “ Obtain, complete, and submit a SELF – CERTIFICATION FORM? So BVN registration looks like a third-party certification form to you guy? We are in 2020 for Christ sake, you guys should have senses.”

@DocTour “ Dear Government of Nigeria, for once in your 60 years of existence, have some sense. You wake up and just decide to make life difficult.Are you the only country in the world? Do you want to ruin your citizens? Why? You have no shame? Kind regards.”

@Islimfit “ Forward-thinking Nations are building digital solutions to solve various problems. But in 2020, our own government still wants us to go queue under the sun to fill and submit “self a certification” forms despite National ID, BVN, Voters Card etc. Suffer no dey taya you?

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/09/18/nigerians-attack-buhari-govt-over-registration-of-self-certification-forms/

Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Simplyleo: 8:57am On Sep 18, 2020
Honestly i don't understand what that means again. So what exactly is the use of BVN?

One idiot will just sit in his air-conditioned office and feel like stressing everybody. Pretty sure this latest crap will bring about unnecessary crowds in banking halls very soon. And some people's accounts will be having problems. 

There are remote villages without banks and some old men and women will start traveling to cities for this nonsense in this era of general insecurity, high prices of fuel and bad roads.

And, trust these people, anything that doesn't involve them spending, they will make it very serious. 

I just hope customers wouldn't be made to pay some cash for this bullshit.  angry
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Marine54(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2020
Simplyleo:
Honestly i don't understand what that means again. So what exactly is the use of BVN?

One idiot will just sit in his air-conditioned office and feel like stressing everybody. Pretty sure this latest crap will bring about unnecessary crowds in banking halls very soon. And some people's accounts will be having problems. 

There are remote villages without banks and some old men and women will start traveling to cities for this nonsense in this era of general insecurity, high prices of fuel and bad roads.

And, trust these people, anything that doesn't involve them spending, they will make it very serious. 

I just hope customers wouldn't be made to pay some cash for this bullshit.  angry
Are you actually wailing ? Enjoy your change dude !

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Sollykay41(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2020
This is a really serious matter. The government should please take the people into concern before dishing out all these harsh policies!

Meanwhile, come and get your 1 acre(six plots) of land with just 500,000 in our ongoing promo. You also stand a chance of getting a bag of rice and gallon of vegetable oil. Kindly reach us on our signature.
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Simplyleo: 9:04am On Sep 18, 2020
Marine54:
Are you actually wailing ? Enjoy your change dude !
If actually think these things really affect me, then may it remain like this for you and i.

If you read through my comment, you will see where i stated old men and women. Those are my concern, not myself. For this registration, any time i go to bank for it, i will spend minimal time in the hall and leave. Even if you were in the bank 5 hours ahead of me, i will enter and leave you there.
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by uniqueboi1(m): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2020
Confused Government!
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Marine54(m): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

If actually think these things really affect me, then may it remain like this for you and i.

If you read through my comment, you will see where i stated old men and women. Those are my concern, not myself. For this registration, any i go to bank for it, i will spend minimal time in the hall and leave. Even if you were in the bank 5 hours ahead of me, i will enter and leave you there.
you're right !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by BigBison(m): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2020
A hungry man is an angry man......
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Flexherbal(m): 9:28am On Sep 18, 2020
The forms are required by the relevant financial institutions to do due diligence procedures in line with the Income Tax Regulations 2019.

BigBison:
A hungry man is an angry man......

Very correct!
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by danelson007(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

If you read through my comment, you will see where i stated old men and women. Those are my concern, not myself. For this registration, any time i go to bank for it, i will spend minimal time in the hall and leave. Even if you were in the bank 5 hours ahead of me, i will enter and leave you there.

Tah shot up ur mouth. Unto say u be who.

I know people like u are still going to vote Tinubu.

If them check well now, u no even get money for account. Mchewe
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by rummmy: 9:47am On Sep 18, 2020
This government always think of him to collect from people but not how to give to the people..
I will vote for buhari for 3rd term so we will suffer more than this.
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Simplyleo: 9:49am On Sep 18, 2020
danelson007:

Tah shot up ur mouth. Unto say u be who.

I know people like u are still going to vote Tinubu.

If them check well now, u no even get money for account. Mchewe
Of course, i will vote Tinubu 100 times and over ahead of a pig.

You are also free to vote anything of your choice,
it's your franchise .
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by musa234(m): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

walahi,you made valid points, I'm just wondering how my aged parents will now go and queue for long hours in the bank this period and it even takes so long for one to be attended to. Who are these idiots advising Mr President on some of this useless implementation,i'm really ssaddend by this latest development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Anago55: 9:53am On Sep 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

. Aren't you forgetting something? I mean you didn't involve IPOB on this

this is the first time you are making sense in your entire years of existence on nairaland. it's a sign of good things to come

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Anago55: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

. Beat your chest louder so that people behind can hear you well

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Dmano: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2020
Un serious government. Simple
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by AsiwajuNdigbo: 10:01am On Sep 18, 2020
Self-Certification can mean different thing to different people. Can they clarify what they mean by this?
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Simplyleo: 10:15am On Sep 18, 2020
Anago55:
. Aren't you forgetting something? I mean you didn't involve IPOB on this

this is the first time you are making sense in your entire years of existence on nairaland. it's a sign of good things to come
At least you have identified that i made sense.

But on the contrary, i don't even know of your existence, not to talk of if you have ever made anything close to any iota of sense.

You may now get out of my mention as i still can't remember if you ever existed after this timeout.
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by Anago55: 10:19am On Sep 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

But on the contrary, i don't even know of your existence, not to talk of if you have ever made anything close to any iota of sense.

You may now get out of my mention as i still can't remember if you ever existed after this timeout.
. Yet again, you said something worthwhile without your usual ipobism. continue fighting it buddy, you will be alright from zombiesm
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by BigBison(m): 10:25am On Sep 18, 2020
The FG has deleted the tweet.
Re: Nigerians Attack Buhari Govt Over Registration Of ‘Self-Certification’ Forms by MsAllison(f): 10:33am On Sep 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

baby calm down

(1) (Reply)

Ondo 2020: APC Thugs Attack PDP Campaign Train In Owo. / Buhari's Media Aide, Onochie Not Qualified To Be INEC Commissioner- Falana / Anonymous Claims To Hack FG Websites As Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Endorsed Endsars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.