Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,800 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst (6506 Views)

How To Remove That Yellow Stain On Your Teeth And How I Cured Mine. / Teacher Breaks A 4-Year-Old Boy's Teeth (Graphic Photos) / Jamb Publishes Step-by-step Process Of The Admission Exercise To Tertiary Inst. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by ghettokid1(m): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2020
If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing With Water After Brushing Your Mouth
If you are the kind of person that rinses your mouth with water after washing it, I want you to consider stopping it, as it is very bad for your teeth and may even lead to tooth decay if continued over a long period of time.
Rinsing the mouth with water after brushing is bad because it washes away the fluoride in the toothpaste that is supposed to stay on your teeth and act on germs.
Fluoride is the most important substance in toothpastes. It works by strengthening the enamel of the teeth, making it stronger and more resistant to decay. Fluoride also reduces the concentration or amount of acid in your teeth that may have been produced by bacteria.
Instead of rinsing your mouth with water, you should spit out the excess toothpaste in your mouth and then wait for maybe 5-10 minutes, for the fluoride to act on your teeth. After this time, you may now finally rinse with water, or may decide to leave your mouth that way. Both are healthy and perfectly fine for your teeth. Don't rinse with water straight after toothbrushing.
However, if you do want to use mouthwash as a substitute, you should ensure to use it at a time different to brushing, so that you may get all the benefits of the fluoride that is contained in your toothpaste.

Also, you should ensure to brush your teeth for at least two minutes in the morning and two minutes at night for effective control of plaques and bacteria from the food we may have eaten during the day. However, you may visit a dentist that may recommend a better plan for you, based on your teeth health and history.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by fergie001: 9:24am On Sep 18, 2020
Una don start again abi?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by ghettokid1(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2020
fergie001:
Una don start again abi?
Hahahaha....congrats anyway..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by hisgrace090: 9:35am On Sep 18, 2020
Interesting!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by fergie001: 9:35am On Sep 18, 2020
ghettokid1:
Hahahaha....congrats anyway.
grin grin grin
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by ifex370(m): 9:37am On Sep 18, 2020
Yeah.. From self observation, I noticed my breath stays fresher for a longer period if I do not rinse.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by UchaNwababa: 9:38am On Sep 18, 2020
Na lie
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by illicit(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2020
What if I have to eat immediately after brushing, hope it won't affect
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by SKhanmi: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2020
Ignoramus on the beat. The best toothpaste is one that doesn't contain fluoride. Go and find out why. Something that was dumped out and used as rat poison before they saw how they could profit from it.

7 Likes

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by ghettokid1(m): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2020
ifex370:
Yeah.. From self observation, I noticed my breath stays fresher for a longer period if I do not rinse.
SKhanmi:
Ignoramus on the beat. The best toothpaste is one that doesn't contain fluoride. Go and find out why. Something that was dumped out and used as rat poison before they saw how they could profit from it.
ifex370:
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by ghettokid1(m): 9:49am On Sep 18, 2020
ifex370:
UchaNwababa:
Na lie
ifex370:
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by SKhanmi: 10:01am On Sep 18, 2020
[quote author=ghettokid1 post=94043161][/quote]

Lol, I'll ignore scientists research to listen to some monicker. Next time research at least a little before posting shit. Fluoride isn't good for your health.

4 Likes

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by ghettokid1(m): 10:25am On Sep 18, 2020
SKhanmi:

Lol, I'll ignore scientists research to listen to some monicker. Next time research at least a little before posting shit. Fluoride isn't good for your health.
Uses
This medicationis used to prevent cavities. It makes teethstronger and more resistant to decay caused by acid and bacteria.
https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-503/fluoride-sodium-oral/details?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2639967205
i will not reply more than this again...i dont have time for augment..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by paulolee(m): 10:28am On Sep 18, 2020
another yawa....the same practice wey people dey do for years naim una want make we change suddenly...
no problem because we learn everyday and change is constant bt las las something go kill man..

1 Like

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by samtee37(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2020
We with Dark brown teeth grin already nkor

3 Likes

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by milky3(f): 10:58am On Sep 18, 2020
Believe me , this is actually a lonnnnnnng thing
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by shitshappen(m): 11:23am On Sep 18, 2020
SKhanmi:

Don't mind them, the same fluoride awoken people are running from is what we should now swallow. Next one highly lobbied dental society or nutrition society will tell them to use it in cooking stew and egusi.

2 Likes

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by Amethyst111(f): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2020
Researchers, Evolutionists, Dieticians, Statisticians and Psychologists are the worst set of people in this world.

Dem no dey tire to dey dish out useless facts.

Don't rinse your mouth after brushing? Lolz. Wetin Musa no go hear for gate. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 18, 2020
The same Floride that is said to damage the enamel is what you're saying protects it? Besides flouride is what gives a toothpaste the gel form so it cannot be found in white or opaq toothpaste. So I read.
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
Amethyst111:
Researchers, Evolutionists, Dieticians, Statisticians and Psychologists are the worst set of people in this world.

Don't rinse your mouth after brushing? Lolz. Wetin Musa no go hear for gate. cheesy cheesy
The same experts that are one of the reasons you have drugs right, Nigerians ehn.

1 Like

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by sam4noow(m): 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2020
Ohhh Damnnnn Shiiitttt nigggaarr

My grandpa died at 86, na kpako (Chewing stick) baba use till he passed on and him teeth no minus one b4 baba quench..

op

why you no tell us make we leave the flouride make he spend like 6hrs instead of 5-10 minutes b4 we rinse our mouths..

Flouride kee you there... Nonsense post grin

1 Like

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by Amethyst111(f): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2020
SegFault:

The same experts that are one of the reasons you have drugs right, Nigerians ehn.
If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by TheCork(m): 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2020
Amethyst111:
If you ask me, na who I go ask?

I like the nyansh thou. Was that yor lovely name & nomba again sweery? cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by Amethyst111(f): 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2020
TheCork:

I like the nyansh thou. Was that yor lovely name & nomba again sweery? cheesy
You have changed your moniker from MrCork to TheCork, yet you still haven't changed your old habits.

Shior! e dey your body. angry angry
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by Sain(m): 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2020
ghettokid1:
If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing With Water After Brushing Your Mouth

Is it still health if i eat toothpaste after rinsing with water? grin
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by mrdharkchild(m): 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2020
Amethyst111:

Leave d topic, it's not as half as good looking as u r. And I'm not a simp. God is a wonder and I can c it in you, a beautiful creature. No let am enter your head sha
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by Amethyst111(f): 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
mrdharkchild:

Leave d topic, it's not as half as good looking as u r. And I'm not a simp. God is a wonder and I can c it in you, a beautiful creature. No let am enter your head sha
Hian? All these poem for me alone?
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by mrdharkchild(m): 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2020
Amethyst111:
Hian? All these poem for me alone?
Its not a poem, I lost track of the topic looking at u. Or u don't like it?
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by Amethyst111(f): 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2020
mrdharkchild:

Its not a poem, I lost track of the topic looking at u. Or u don't like it?
If my boyfriend gets hold of you. I pity you.
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by mrdharkchild(m): 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2020
Amethyst111:
If my boyfriend gets hold of you. I pity you.
Boyfriend is just a title. I don't like big screen stories, I'm cool as a friend/side niqqa. What say u?

1 Like

Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by efembaba(m): 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2020
if you brush your teeth for long enough time, it will make up for the loss fluoride from rinsing.. Rinsing after brushing keeps my breath decent and fresh and I try to wash for up to 2 mins recommended time too
Re: If You Love Your Teeth, Stop Rinsing It With Water After Brushing - Do This Inst by Trustwallet(m): 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2020
okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Requirements For Setting-up A Private University In Nigeria? / Cheap Universities In The Uk, Us Or Any Island For Medicine Students / University Of Abuja Latest News.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.