Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION (2011 Views)

Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists / Yasser Arafat Was Assassinated - Al Jazeera / Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 26, 2011
Just heard a former Gadaffi confidante say on Al Jazeera that he has amassed up to $82 BILLION as personal wealth since seizing power 42 years ago.

I've said it repeatedly that the only thing saving these Arab countries from starvation is their small populations allied to  huge oil resources. Their leaders are ten times more corrupt than African leaders. Quote me on that. God knows how much loot people like the rulers of Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, etc have in their personal accounts! It must run into the trillions in total.
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Sunofgod(m): 8:29pm On Feb 26, 2011
The funds are being seized as we speak - along with the assets of his cronies.
Apparently he has over £3 billion in central London alone.

The western banks are doing well out of this crisis.

From what they have seized from Mubarak, Ben Ali and now Gaddafi they are able to rebalance some of the huge losses their own banks have made through their own currupt people and practises.

There is no such thing as a secret bank account or a secret 'front company' - everything can be traced.

Looks like NATO would like to occupy the country - Libya will be another Iraq.
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by againstGEJ(m): 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2011
and what was America and Europe looking when he was stashing the funds in their country? They werent aware?
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by coldhearts(f): 10:52pm On Feb 26, 2011
I hope our leaders (past and present) are watching, If you have money abroad, bring it back to Nigeria to store it, don't care if you stole it; Just keep it in our country  smiley  lol.  Better us than leave it to some foreign country.

A word is enough for the wise wink

I would probably never understand why some leaders feel compelled to own/ steal this much wealth from their own people.
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 27, 2011
suspicious allegations.

why are they just "revealing" all this now.
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by cap28: 12:49am On Feb 27, 2011
tpiah!:

suspicious allegations.

why are they just "revealing" all this now.

grin grin grin grin grin grin thank you

the minuite OBJ, GEJ and co become excess bagage to the machinations of the west we will suddenly hear it being broadcast all over Al jazeera, bbc, cnn and msnbc that between them they have over $1 trillion dollars in stolen funds, funny.
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Beaf: 3:41am On Feb 28, 2011
cap28:

grin grin grin grin grin grin thank you

the minuite OBJ, GEJ and co become excess bagage to the machinations of the west we will suddenly hear it being broadcast all over Al jazeera, bbc, cnn and msnbc that between them they have over $1 trillion dollars in stolen funds, funny. 

Daft analysis, but not surprising. How can a "normal" person love a mass murderer like Gaddafi, open all sorts of donkey-brained threads all over the place. . . and then spread rumours about GEJ?
Gaddafi is saint being brought down by the 666, meanwhile his armies are firing on the people with anti-aircraft guns, attack helicopters, bombing them from planes and straffing them with fighter jets?

Dude, madness is best cured in its early stages.
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Kobojunkie: 3:53am On Feb 28, 2011
againstGEJ:

and what was America and Europe looking when he was stashing the funds in their country? They werent aware?

What a silly question to ask.  . .  if America and Europe had made it their place to monitor the man's wealth and had revealed it before now, I am certain people like you would have been up in arms demanding they mind their own business.  undecided undecided

What reason would these countries have to reveal the assets of these leaders before now? I mean lets use our heads a bit more. Why? So as to . . . what? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 28, 2011
Kobojunkie said:

What reason would these countries have to reveal the assets of these leaders before now? I mean lets use our heads a bit more. Why? So as to . . . what?

So as to return the stolen loot to its rightful owners, the people perhaps, or

So as to sensitize the citizens of the looted country to their ruler's thieving habits perhaps, or

So as to quit being accessories after the fact of theft perhaps, or

So as to quit being handlers of stolen property perhaps, or

So as to - ah never mind. (Rolls eyes)
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 28, 2011
So Libya is not an African country again?

$82b, c'mon, as if Nigerian president are not worst. People who live in glass. . . .
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Kobojunkie said:

So as to sensitize the citizens of the looted country to their ruler's thieving habits perhaps, or

You are kidding me . shocked shocked shocked . . this is your reasoning ?? REALLY?? Are you serious? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2011
Illiterate-Idi said:

$82b, c'mon, as if Nigerian president are not worst. People who live in glass. . . .

Sani Abacha, commonly regarded as the worst thieving dictator from Nigeria, reportedly embezzled about $5 billion max. So where are the ''worst'' ''Nigerian president'' that you've pulled out of your asss?
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2011
Kobojunkie said:

Quote from: ROSSIKE on Today at 08:45:06 AM
Kobojunkie said:

You are kidding me . . . this is your reasoning ?? REALLY?? Are you serious? ROFLMAO!!

What's so funny? Your nervous laughter suggests you've nothing concrete to justify the retention of stolen billions by aiders and abetters of theft - the receivers of stolen property you shamelessly support.
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^^ You are joker, aren't you? ROFLMAO!!! Imagine the drivel for a response you offered thre?? lol
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 28, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Illiterate-Idi said:

Sani Abacha, commonly regarded as the worst thieving dictator from Nigeria, reportedly embezzled about $5 billion max. So where are the ''worst'' ''Nigerian president'' that you've pulled out of your asss?

Plz what have you now said that I'm supposed to respond to?
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2011
Kobojunkie said:

^^^ You are joker, aren't you? ROFLMAO!!! Imagine the drivel for a response you offered thre?? lol

Classic Argument From Intimidation

As explained by the scholar Ayn Rand,

''There is a certain type of argument which, in fact, is not an argument, but a means of forestalling debate and extorting an opponent’s agreement with one’s undiscussed notions. It is a method of bypassing logic by means of psychological pressure . . . [It] consists of threatening to impeach an opponent’s character by means of his argument, thus impeaching the argument without debate. Example: “Only the immoral can fail to see that Candidate X’s argument is false.” . . . The falsehood of his argument is asserted arbitrarily and offered as proof of his immorality.

In today’s epistemological jungle, that second method is used more frequently than any other type of irrational argument. It should be classified as a logical fallacy and may be designated as “The Argument from Intimidation.”

The essential characteristic of the Argument from Intimidation is its appeal to moral self-doubt and its reliance on the fear, guilt or ignorance of the victim. It is used in the form of an ultimatum demanding that the victim renounce a given idea without discussion, under threat of being considered morally unworthy. The pattern is always: ''Only those who are evil (dishonest, heartless, insensitive, ignorant, etc.) can hold such an idea.''

The Argument from Intimidation dominates today’s discussions in two forms. In public speeches and print, it flourishes in the form of long, involved, elaborate structures of unintelligible verbiage, which convey nothing clearly except a moral threat. (“Only the primitive-minded can fail to realize that clarity is oversimplification.”). But in private, day-by-day experience, it comes up wordlessly, between the lines, in the form of inarticulate sounds conveying unstated implications. It relies, not on what is said, but on how it is said—not on content, but on tone of voice.

The tone is usually one of scornful or belligerent incredulity. “Surely you are not an advocate of capitalism, are you?” And if this does not intimidate the prospective victim—who answers, properly: “I am,”—the ensuing dialogue goes something like this: “Oh, you couldn’t be! Not really!” “Really.” “But everybody knows that capitalism is outdated!” “I don’t.” “Oh, come now!” “Since I don’t know it, will you please tell me the reasons for thinking that capitalism is outdated?” “Oh, don’t be ridiculous!” “Will you tell me the reasons?” “Well, really, if you don’t know, I couldn’t possibly tell you!”

All this is accompanied by raised eyebrows, wide-eyed stares, shrugs, grunts, snickers and the entire arsenal of nonverbal signals communicating ominous innuendoes and emotional vibrations of a single kind: disapproval.

If those vibrations fail, if such debaters are challenged, one finds that they have no arguments, no evidence, no proof, no reasons, no ground to stand on—that their noisy aggressiveness serves to hide a vacuum—that the Argument from Intimidation is a confession of intellectual impotence.

“The Argument from Intimidation,”

The Virtue of Selfishness, P.140.

- Ayn Rand
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^^ Wow . . . all that because I stated your answer to the question asked was childish drivel? ROFLMAO~~~~

Again, if you really have a valid answer, please post it. Else move and let those you have better answers offer them instead cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
That's my answer. Make the most of it.

Could you tell us why you think it is ok for the west to retain those stolen billions? What is your answer?
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^^ I already seen it and I don't think I should even touch it because that is the sort of response I expect from my niece, not an adult who claims to be all knowing when it comes to world politics, and also pretends to be impartial cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 28, 2011
Kobojunkie said:

^^^ I already seen it and I don't think I should even touch it because that is the sort of response I expect from my niece, not an adult

Yawwn.

''The Argument from Intimidation dominates today’s discussions,
The tone is usually one of scornful or belligerent incredulity.[''Surely, only my niece could come up with that response, not an adult!'']

All this is accompanied by raised eyebrows, wide-eyed stares, shrugs, grunts, snickers and the entire arsenal of nonverbal signals communicating ominous innuendoes and emotional vibrations of a single kind: disapproval.

If those vibrations fail, if such debaters are challenged, one finds that they have no arguments, no evidence, no proof, no reasons, no ground to stand on—that their noisy aggressiveness serves to hide a vacuum—that the Argument from Intimidation is a confession of intellectual impotence.''

“The Argument from Intimidation,”

The Virtue of Selfishness, P.140.

- Ayn Rand

Kobojunkie, you've been decoded.
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^^ You are one real joker!!~ grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 28, 2011
You forget that there's nothing new under the sun, including debating styles and conventions. Long before you were born, scholars like Ayn Rand had declared your debating style invalid.

So you need to come correct.  cool
Re: Al Jazeera: Gaddafi Stole $82 BILLION by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ You are one real joker!!~ grin cheesy grin cheesy

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

When you are done misusing Ayn Rands observations there to support that silly retort of yours, and you are ready to offer up something more meaningful in the area of response, let me know . . . cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Ban Ki-moon To Address General Assembly On Abuja Bombing / All About The American AC-130 Spectre / Expensive Error Donald Trump Just Made That Has Got Americans Talking..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.