Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural (1221 Views)

Monogamy Is A Scam / Monogamy Is NOT For Men!! / Monogamy Is A Shame, Your Private Part Isn’t Meant For One Person -onyeka Nwelue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by tobechi74: 3:12am On Sep 19, 2020
What is so special in monogamous relationship? If monogamy is natural, why do we struggle at it? No one teaches fish how to swim? Why do we have books on how to avoid cheating? To answer this question,we look at what researchers revealed

Evolutionary scientist David Barish compared monogamy among various animals.

Only 9 percent of mammals practice monogamy

29 percent of primates are monogamous

Before westernisation, 86 percent of indigenous society are no monogamous

Overfamiliarisation with a partner kills a woman libido

30 percent of women have extra-marital affair despite being happy with their marriage.

The numbers are against monogamy. One advantage of monogamy over polygamy is the assurance of a mate for every male. No group of wealthy powerful men can marry off all the women leaving the non powerful men single.. AThe spread of Christianity could be be a dominant factor. Monogamy offers an exclusive sence of ownership each woman on the man rather than having to share him with other women.

Monogamy restricts each party from love and sex with another. Are these two not one of the sweetest feelings? Limited my experience of them should be seen as punnishnent and not something to jubilate to.

In casual friendship, my friend could have other friends beside me and I am cool with that. But in monogamy, It is me and me alone. Any attempt to share love and sex with another is considered cheating. A woman should only love one guy but she can share her love among her children equally. Why can’t she love six men equally? Is this not hypocrisy? It means the heart is capable of loving many but man Jealously choose to limit it to one. In some cases, we argue over what constitutes exclusive acts? Holding hands, seeing one another naked,sharing a bed, kissing etc.

Before we say monogamy is natural, think again.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Akachukwu42(m): 5:56am On Sep 19, 2020
Nice article
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by tobechi74: 9:33am On Sep 19, 2020
Akachukwu42:
Nice article
Thanks for more ,check www.tobechispeaks.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 19, 2020
Monogamy, polygamy...do wetin favor u.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by tobechi74: 6:18am On Oct 04, 2020
PUNAengineOIL:
Monogamy, polygamy...do wetin favor u.
exactly the point
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Whispereye: 8:46am On Oct 26, 2020
There is no one tiem that polygamy has ever been natural. There are not a lot of polygamous marriages these days and it all depends on the people's beliefs. People choose polygamy, not that they are born with it.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Cohelm(m): 11:59am On Oct 30, 2020
No one ever thinks that monogamy is natural. It is just that there are a few people out there that believe in the whole many women die and you will find out that they are usually these men with too much money at their disposal.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by tobechi74: 3:50am On Dec 20, 2020
True
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 20, 2020
when God instituted the covenant of marriage, He designed the relationship to be monogamous.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Fmghewzy(m): 7:07am On Dec 20, 2020
As for me na polygamy,I go tell them from the beginning ,I want a big family.
Two wives would be perfect,a thrucouple to be exact.

I don't mind if they will be lesbians lol

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Fmghewzy(m): 7:08am On Dec 20, 2020
Nuyokoi:
when God instituted the covenant of marriage, He designed the relationship to be monogamous.

Is it same in Islam,or how are you sure your own God is the original.

Ogbeni commot here joor!!

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Gentle0wavez: 7:10am On Dec 20, 2020
[b][/b]In the beginning God made one man and one woman. The bible says the two shall become one, not the three, Polygamy is of the devil because in the beginning it was not so.

I BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 7:12am On Dec 20, 2020
Monogamy is unnatural.

Why should a guy tie himself to one toto for the rest of his life? angry
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by alawiiyeyoruba1: 7:19am On Dec 20, 2020
As nice as this article is, I think many persons practice monogamy just to avoid the complications that comes with polygamy. This world is complicated already, many persons are just interested in living a simple easy life.

Aso-Oke also called Ofi is a type of hand-made fabric usually done by weaving and this art of weaving and styling of this particular fabric material originated from the Yorubas ........ read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/aso-ofi/

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by tobechi74: 10:00am On Jan 31, 2021
alawiiyeyoruba1:
As nice as this article is, I think many persons practice monogamy just to avoid the complications that comes with polygamy. This world is complicated already, many persons are just interested in living a simple easy life.

Aso-Oke also called Ofi is a type of hand-made fabric usually done by weaving and this art of weaving and styling of this particular fabric material originated from the Yorubas ........ read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/aso-ofi/
true
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 31, 2021
Because when the colonialists came to impose their way of life on us, their Christian missionaries forced those with more than one wife to abandon them, and demonized polygamy. Since we believe that the white man's technological superiority and killing ability also made him morally superior, we rushed to adopt his religion and morals as well, and even more zealously than the original...leading us to this sorry backward state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Biglittlelois(f): 12:35pm On Jan 31, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
Because when the colonialists came to impose their way of life on us, their Christian misssionaries forced those with more than one wife to abandon them, and demonized polygamy. Since we believe that the white man's technological superiority and killing ability also made him morally superior, we rushed to adopt his religion and morals as well, and even more zealously than the original...leading us to this sorry backward state.

Common sense! Before white men came with their colonisation, some of our ancestors married only one wife, even when they came, did everyone adopt their belief? How the hell did monogamy lead to a backward state? Must black people always look for who to blame? The men still practicing polygamy, what value have they contributed to the society if not breeding kids unnecessarily, the white society with their non tolerance of more than one wife, are they not better than us in every aspect?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Common sense! Before white men came with their colonisation, some of our ancestors married only one wife, even when they came, did everyone adopt their belief? How the hell did monogamy lead to a backward state? Must black people always look for who to blame? The men still practicing polygamy, what value have they contributed to the society if not breeding kids unnecessarily, the white society with their non tolerance of more than one wife, are they not better than us in every aspect?
No race is superior or inferior.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by Biglittlelois(f): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
HellVictorinho:

No race is superior or inferior.

I never disputed that fact.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by amazing101x: 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
christianity coursed this monogamy things... islam is perfect about marriage. I was in dubai, those emirates marries 4 and they all live happily. one woman is not enough for a man, everybody is just accepting what we can't change, even these pastors goes behind to sleep with members. if these young girls knows that its a norm for their husband to marry other women, they would prepare their minds from childhood and there won't be any issue in such family even if the wives are up to 4.
Re: Why Does Everyone Think Monogamy Is Natural by DEMZEE(m): 1:44pm On Jan 31, 2021
Women are hypergamous

Men are polygamous

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What My Son Is Facing / Rapid Rates Of Women Sexually Harassing Men / Pouring Out My Feelings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.