Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son (3028 Views)

"My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality / Sexual Compatibility : How Can It Be Discussed In A Christian Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by tobechi74: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2020
A Christian dad and son conversation on homosexuality

Son: what does the Bible teach about homosexuality and masturbation.

Dad: I do not know and I do not care to know

Son: But you are a Christian

Dad: yes, A Christian who follows the teaching of Jesus. Christ alone and not the Bible.

Son; But Bible contains Jesus teaching

Dad: true. It also contains the teaching of Paul,the teaching of Moses , the teaching of Elijah and many other teaching. As a Christian, I accept the teaching of Jesus Christ.

Son: Ok, Now what did Jesus teach about masturbation and homosexuality.

Dad: Jesus never mentioned any of them literally but he showed us with illaustration how to treat those whose views are different from ours.

Child: How?

Dad: He never condemned the adultrous woman, he visited tax collectors, he dined with sinners. He showered them with love.

Son : does that mean they won’t go to hell?

Dad: would you derive Joy in Watching your loved one in hell?

Son: No I won’t

Dad: good.

Dad: sex is a way of expressing Love. There are different stages of love. The first is love directed to oneself. A child grows up loving himself.Using sexual analogy, the child derives Joy playing with his body, his genital. Jesus said Love thyself.

Son : hmm

Dad: The second is Love of similar specie.The child begins to extend the love to those of closest to him+ family, friend,tribe etc. A boy plays with a boy.A girl plays with a girl. Using sexual analogy, this is homosexual. Christ preached Love your neighbor.

Son : I see

Dad: The third stage of love is where one loves those different from oneself .Jesus said Love your enemy.your enemy is your opponent, opposite,one with a different view. Sexually, one is attracted to the gender different from him.A boy is attracted to a girl and vice-versa.

Son :

Dad: One who hates masturbators and homosexuals and love heterosexual is no different from one who loves others over himself and his peers.Such person is in a third stage of love.

Son : which is the best.

Dad: All of the above.The fourth type. The pansexual. The attraction to all . Self, male, and female. It is universal love. Agape love. Love without condition.
https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/20/a-christian-dad-and-son-conversation-on-homosexuality/

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by ggirl4real: 8:24am On Sep 20, 2020
This is why I always say that the Christian religion and the Bible is filled with confusion

How can some Christian groups believe that homosexuality is a sin while others believe that it is not and both groups use the Bible to back up their points?

1 Like

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by jmoore(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
This is why I always say that the Christian religion and the Bible is filled with confusion

How can some Christian groups believe that homosexuality is a sin while others believe that it is not and both groups use the Bible to back up their points?

Anyone can use the Bible to back his/her points. That doesn't mean the Bible is confusion.

You the 'spectator' is confused because you don't know the truth about the Bible.

Even the Bible talked about Manipulators.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by mariahAngel(f): 8:33am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

You're the confused one here.
Stop trying to understand what you cannot comprehend.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by mariahAngel(f): 8:34am On Sep 20, 2020
[s]
tobechi74:

Son: what does the Bible teach about homosexuality and masturbation.

Dad: I do not know and I do not care to know

Son: But you are a Christian

Dad: yes, A Christian who follows the teaching of Jesus. Christ alone and not the Bible.

Son; But Bible contains Jesus teaching

Dad: true. It also contains the teaching of Paul,the teaching of Moses , the teaching of Elijah and many other teaching. As a Christian, I accept the teaching of Jesus Christ.

Son: Ok, Now what did Jesus teach about masturbation and homosexuality.

Dad: Jesus never mentioned any of them literally but he showed us with illaustration how to treat those whose views are different from ours.

Child: How?

Dad: He never condemned the adultrous woman, he visited tax collectors, he dined with sinners. He showered them with love.

Son : does that mean they won’t go to hell?

Dad: would you derive Joy in Watching your loved one in hell?

Son: No I won’t

Dad: good.

Dad: sex is a way of expressing Love. There are different stages of love. The first is love directed to oneself. A child grows up loving himself.Using sexual analogy, the child derives Joy playing with his body, his genital. Jesus said Love thyself.

Son : hmm

Dad: The second is Love of similar specie.The child begins to extend the love to those of closest to him+ family, friend,tribe etc. A boy plays with a boy.A girl plays with a girl. Using sexual analogy, this is homosexual. Christ preached Love your neighbor.

Son : I see

Dad: The third stage of love is where one loves those different from oneself .Jesus said Love your enemy.your enemy is your opponent, opposite,one with a different view. Sexually, one is attracted to the gender different from him.A boy is attracted to a girl and vice-versa.

Son :

Dad: One who hates masturbators and homosexuals and love heterosexual is no different from one who loves others over himself and his peers.Such person is in a third stage of love.

Son : which is the best.

Dad: All of the above.The fourth type. The pansexual. The attraction to all . Self, male, and female. It is universal love. Agape love. Love without condition.

[/s]

Piece of sh!t!
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by jmoore(m): 8:39am On Sep 20, 2020
To the post.

Devil quoted the scriptures when he tempted Jesus Christ.

Devil is still in the business of manipulating the words of Bible to promote his evils agenda.

Jesus told the woman caught in adultery "Go and sin no more". If adultery is good, why did Jesus tell her not to commit adultery again?

Expand the list of other evil in that your list to see how ridiculous it sounds. Rapists, ritual killers, etc.

Fact: Homosexuality is a sin.

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by tobechi74: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

The Bible was written by different persons from different culture and different life experience. Jesus warned against mixing old wine inside a new bottle ( mixing old testament teaching with his own teaching) but we did not heed to that warning . That is the beginning of confusion.As a Christian Jesus philosophy should superseded Moses philosophy.

Whenever one is certain ask WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by tobechi74: 8:57am On Sep 20, 2020
jmoore:
To the post.

Devil quoted the scriptures when he tempted Jesus Christ.

Devil is still in the business of manipulating the words of Bible to promote his evils agenda.

Jesus told the woman caught in adultery "Go and sin no more". If adultery is good, why did Jesus tell her not to commit adultery again?

Expand the list of other evil in that your list to see how ridiculous it sounds. Rapists, ritual killers, etc.

Fact: Homosexuality is a sin.
Jesus did not condemn the adulterers. Why do we condemn adulterers and homosexual. Hate the sin.lovevthe sinner
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by ggirl4real: 9:03am On Sep 20, 2020
tobechi74:

The Bible was written by different persons from different culture and different life experience. Jesus warned against mixing old wine inside a new bottle ( mixing old testament teaching with his own teaching) but we did not heed to that warning . That is the beginning of confusion.As a Christian Jesus philosophy should superseded Moses philosophy.

Whenever one is certain ask WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?

So is Jesus in support of homosexuality?
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by jmoore(m): 9:04am On Sep 20, 2020
tobechi74:

Jesus did not condemn the adulterers. Why do we condemn adulterers and homosexual. Hate the sin.lovevthe sinner

Stop repeating yourself. Why did you not complete the whole verse? Did Jesus tell her to continue adultery or stop?

Stop condemning rapists, ritual killers, scammers and corrupt politicians.

Smh
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by ggirl4real: 9:08am On Sep 20, 2020
mariahAngel:

You're the confused one here.
Stop trying to understand what you cannot comprehend.

I'm I lieing that some Christians believe that homosexuality is sin while others believe otherwise?
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by ggirl4real: 9:11am On Sep 20, 2020
jmoore:

Anyone can use the Bible to back his/her points. That doesn't mean the Bible is confusion.

You the 'spectator' is confused because you don't know the truth about the Bible.

Even the Bible talked about Manipulators.

So what about situations where "manipulators" back up their points with clear Bible verses?

Religion is confused jare
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by tobechi74: 9:12am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

So is Jesus in support of homosexuality?

He did not condemn Homosexuality either.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by mariahAngel(f): 9:14am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

I'm I lieing that some Christians believe that homosexuality is sin while others believe otherwise?

Let me explain this to you: Any so-called Christian who believes homosexuality is not a sin is not a Christian.
Homosexuality is not only a sin in the sight of God, it is also a sin to nature and to your body.
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by mariahAngel(f): 9:15am On Sep 20, 2020
tobechi74:

Stop deluding yourself.
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by jmoore(m): 9:16am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

So what about situations where "manipulators" back up their points with clear Bible verses?

Religion is confused jare

Then stick to human evolution that teaches Apes are your cousins.

No time for debate/argument.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by ggirl4real: 9:17am On Sep 20, 2020
mariahAngel:

Let me explain this to you: Any so-called Christian who believes homosexuality is not a sin is not a Christian.
Homosexuality is not only a sin in the sight of God, it is also a sin to nature and to your body.

What about a case where the homosexual is not a Christian? Is he/she permitted to live his life provided he's not breaking the law of his country or whatever religion he belongs to?

Must everyone live according to the Bible manual eventhough they are not Christians?

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by mariahAngel(f): 9:21am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

What about a case where the homosexual is not a Christian? Is he/she permitted to live his life provided he's not breaking the law of his country or whatever religion he belongs to?

Must everyone live according to the Bible manual eventhough they are not Christians?

Not if homosexuality is against the laws of the the land. He/she can't.
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by ggirl4real: 9:22am On Sep 20, 2020
jmoore:

Then stick to human evolution that teaches Apes are your cousins.

No time for debate/argument.

I don't believe in evolution nor the Bible creation story

I just choose to believe in what I see daily and I'm sure I'm not breaking any law in the constitution jare

However, religion is confused especially Christianity because different churches have different beliefs and doctrines all backed up by the Bible. No unity at all.

Pentecostals believe Catholic, Jehovah Witnesses and white garment churches are not true Christians and will not make heaven

Jehovah Witnesses believe they are the only true Christians

Deeper Life believes they are the best

...and the discrimination continues

All of them support their doctrine and beliefs from the same Bible

Is this how they'll be able to convert unbelievers to Christ?

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by ggirl4real: 9:24am On Sep 20, 2020
mariahAngel:

Not if homosexuality is against the laws of the the land. He/she can't.

Of course, homosexuality is a crime in Nigeria and anyone practicing it here is a criminal, whether Christians, Muslim or pagan.

What I'm saying is that Christians should not always judge everyone using the Bible because everyone is not and will never be Christians

1 Like

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by tobechi74: 9:36am On Sep 20, 2020
jmoore:

Stop repeating yourself. Why did you not complete the whole verse? Did Jesus tell her to continue adultery or stop?

Stop condemning rapists, ritual killers, scammers and corrupt politicians.

Smh

Adultery is different. An adulterer breaks the bond not to sleep with another beside his wife. Jesus advice is to keep to our word.low trust Let your yes be yes and no be no. So Adultery is a sin. However, in a case of open relationship, there is no sin.

It is different from sexual orientation. Do not equate it with ritual killing
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by ggirl4real: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2020
tobechi74:

I have nothing against homosexuals

Christians should stop condemning them but if the homosexuals are Christians and other Christians believe they are sinners, then it means the confusion in the Bible is serious because both categories of Christians are backing up their stance with the same Bible.
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by jmoore(m): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2020
tobechi74:

Adultery is different. An adulterer breaks the bond not to sleep with another beside his wife. Jesus advice is to keep to our word.low trust Let your yes be yes and no be no. So Adultery is a sin. However, in a case of open relationship, there is no sin.

It is different from sexual orientation. Do not equate it with ritual killing

Did Jesus condemn rape? So, it is okay if your daughters get raped?
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by jmoore(m): 10:25am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

I don't believe in evolution nor the Bible creation story

I just choose to believe in what I see daily and I'm sure I'm not breaking any law in the constitution jare

However, religion is confused especially Christianity because different churches have different beliefs and doctrines all backed up by the Bible. No unity at all.

Pentecostals believe Catholic, Jehovah Witnesses and white garment churches are not true Christians and will not make heaven

Jehovah Witnesses believe they are the only true Christians

Deeper Life believes they are the best

...and the discrimination continues

All of them support their doctrine and beliefs from the same Bible

Is this how they'll be able to convert unbelievers to Christ?

Some of your fellow atheists believe that Apes are their cousins. Why do you not believe them too?

See your own confusion that you have overlooked while pointing at others confusion that doesn't really exist.

Christianity is your problem but you spend most of your time in the religious section of nairaland.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by ggirl4real: 10:29am On Sep 20, 2020
jmoore:

Some of your fellow atheists believe that Apes are their cousins. Why do you not believe them too?

See your own confusion that you have overlooked while pointing at others confusion that doesn't really exist.

Christianity is your problem but you spend most of your time in the religious section of nairaland.

Oga, I am not an Atheist because I cannot prove that God does not exist

At the same time, I am not a Christian because I cannot prove that God exist

As for spending time in RELIGIOUS section, it is RELIGIOUS section, not Christians section. Even if it were to be Christian section, this is social media now.

I won't come to church to challenge Pastors but when you bring religious matters online (with the aim of getting new converts), I'll have to ask questions when I'm confused now.
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by jmoore(m): 10:38am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

Oga, I am not an Atheist because I cannot prove that God does not exist

At the same time, I am not a Christian because I cannot prove that God exist

As for spending time in RELIGIOUS section, it is RELIGIOUS section, not Christians section. Even if it were to be Christian section, this is social media now.

I won't come to church to challenge Pastors but when you bring religious matters online (with the aim of getting new converts), I'll have to ask questions when I'm confused now.

You are not an atheist?
Chai!!

So Christianity is your major problem?

Obviously you love death sentence by the Muslims.
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by ggirl4real: 10:49am On Sep 20, 2020
jmoore:

You are not an atheist?
Chai!!

So Christianity is your major problem?

Obviously you love death sentence by the Muslims.

I leave in South South, Nigeria

Although I read about the extremism of the Muslims, I have never had any relationship with them before

However, from what I read online, the Muslims are worst

Religion is supposed to solve problems but in Nigeria, that is not the case.

Both Christianity and Islam have failed

What I can only advise is that Christians like you should focus more on convincing your fellow believers to live the life of Christ and stop tarnishing the image of the once respected religion.

Unbelievers are not the problem here but Christians who are not even practicing what they preach.
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by jmoore(m): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

I leave in South South, Nigeria

Although I read about the extremism of the Muslims, I have never had any relationship with them before

However, from what I read online, the Muslims are worst

Religion is supposed to solve problems but in Nigeria, that is not the case.

Both Christianity and Islam have failed

What I can only advise is that Christians like you should focus more on convincing your fellow believers to live the life of Christ and stop tarnishing the image of the once respected religion.

Unbelievers are not the problem here but Christians who are not even practicing what they preach.

So you know exactly the model a Christian should follow?

You were confused before but not confused now.
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by ggirl4real: 10:54am On Sep 20, 2020
jmoore:

So you know exactly the model a Christian should follow?

You were confused before but not confused now.

Focus on the Christians and allow unbelievers to believe what they want

Everyone cannot and will never be Christians no matter the preaching
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by crackhaus: 11:46am On Sep 20, 2020
If we are to go by what the imaginary dad says here, then there's a whole lot of crimes/deviant behaviour which Jesus never mentioned literally.

Sex between siblings should be allowed also since Jesus never mentioned it. What about sex with animals?
No wait, what about sex with underage girls?

I could go on and on...

This is exactly why a person who is NOT of sound mind deserves no attention when they try to analyze the bible.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by tobechi74: 5:13am On Sep 27, 2020
Front page
Re: A Christian Dad Discussed Homosexuality With Son by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 27, 2020
ggirl4real:

You are funny,
belief is a choice.....these homosexuals will do anything to make their actions look right... they even stage fake crimes against themselves...

Anybody is free to belive what they want...and interpreted scriptures to suit them....havent u heard someone use the scripture that says “whatever thy hand findeth to do, do it well”... to justify yahoo,yahoo....

it’s just that twisting scripture is more common in christaindom becos no one kills anyone for blasphemy...Christaina belive ur judgment is with God....
Even in Islam....Some Muslims will tell u, that when mohammed said kill infidels, he was saying it in a period of war....: other Muslims will say its for the installation of an Islamic state.. e.g bokoharam...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Black Man & The Bible / Did God Destine Any Particular Woman For A Man? / Watch And Pray For Southern (CADUNA) SOLDIER'S WAY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.