Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned (6470 Views)

Eze Chukwuemeka Blames Oshiomhole For APC's Loss In Edo Election / 2023: "Oshiomhole For President, El-Rufai For VP" Poster Spotted In Lagos (Photo / Obaseki Blames Oshiomhole For Edo Assembly Crisis - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by bolaayenimo: 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The All Progressives Congress (APC), Edo State chapter on Sunday said Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, immediate past National Chairman of the party should be held responsible for the party’s loss in Saturday’s governorship election which was won by Governor Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Barr. Anselm Ojezua, the Edo state chairman of APC said the result of the election has vindicated his position that Oshiomhole’s dictatorial attitude will lead to the downfall of the party in the state.

While calling on the party leadership to sanction Oshiomhole, Ojezua said members of the APC in Edo may be forced to review their membership of the party if disciplinary action is not taken against the former Edo state governor.

I think the position of Edo APC, prior to the disqualification of Governor Godwin Obaseki has been vindicated. Before that, the Edo APC had already reached a consensus with Obaseki as the candidate but Oshiomhole thought otherwise”.

“He abused his office as National chairman, pushed the governor out of the party and you can see that the beneficiary is now PDP.

The result of his illegal actions is what we witnessed today. I don’t see how APC can recover from this”.

“Oshiomhole factionalised the party, created a faction in the name of EPM, brought a candidate from outside the party and forced him down the throat of the party. They campaigned without the party behind them and they expected to win. This is the result”.

“That was why I said I will not speak until after the election and now I have been vindicated. If I spoke before the election, they will say it is anti-party. Now we know who has done anti-party”.

"Honestly, if the party does not do anything to sanction Oshiomhole, then we in Edo APC will have to review our membership of that party, because we gave notice, we warned the party, we petitioned the leadership; there is nothing we did not do to salvage the situation within the last 15 to 18 months”.

“The party only took steps after Obaseki has left which is an irredeemable loss. Everyone can see the result now”.

https://www.independent.ng/edo-guber-apc-blames-oshiomhole-for-defeat-wants-him-sanctioned/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
Any APC member reviewing any party membership is not allowed... Everybody stay where you are..

Oshopikin political rating

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by collum(m): 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
oshomole was just shameless and heartless personality, he is jobless and wanted to divert wealth due to ordinary citizens to himself via been a godfathers. He must have learnt a lesson from all this that power belong to God and the people.

#Edonorbelagos

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by SLAP44: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2020
Events since the time Oshiomole took over as APC leader seems to suggest he is still working for the PDP.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Paperwhite(m): 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2020
grin Good! They're never tired of shifting blame or passing the buck.Thank providence they have now recognized their immediate cause of defeat so waiting for the remote factors.

Thought zombies were hallucinating that the despised & desposed Adams Oshiomole is the ace godfather then the Burdillion Bullion van druglord will that will be the icing on the cake who will swing victory to the APC?

Now reality is more clearer.The battle has been won and lost.So why is the party still complaining of unexisting electoral malpractice in the said election?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by superlightning: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

The All Progressives Congress (APC), Edo State chapter on Sunday said Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, immediate past National Chairman of the party should be held responsible for the party’s loss in Saturday’s governorship election which was won by Governor Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Barr. Anselm Ojezua, the Edo state chairman of APC said the result of the election has vindicated his position that Oshiomhole’s dictatorial attitude will lead to the downfall of the party in the state.

While calling on the party leadership to sanction Oshiomhole, Ojezua said members of the APC in Edo may be forced to review their membership of the party if disciplinary action is not taken against the former Edo state governor.

I think the position of Edo APC, prior to the disqualification of Governor Godwin Obaseki has been vindicated. Before that, the Edo APC had already reached a consensus with Obaseki as the candidate but Oshiomhole thought otherwise”.

“He abused his office as National chairman, pushed the governor out of the party and you can see that the beneficiary is now PDP.

The result of his illegal actions is what we witnessed today. I don’t see how APC can recover from this”.

“Oshiomhole factionalised the party, created a faction in the name of EPM, brought a candidate from outside the party and forced him down the throat of the party. They campaigned without the party behind them and they expected to win. This is the result”.

“That was why I said I will not speak until after the election and now I have been vindicated. If I spoke before the election, they will say it is anti-party. Now we know who has done anti-party”.

"Honestly, if the party does not do anything to sanction Oshiomhole, then we in Edo APC will have to review our membership of that party, because we gave notice, we warned the party, we petitioned the leadership; there is nothing we did not do to salvage the situation within the last 15 to 18 months”.

“The party only took steps after Obaseki has left which is an irredeemable loss. Everyone can see the result now”.

https://www.independent.ng/edo-guber-apc-blames-oshiomhole-for-defeat-wants-him-sanctioned/

Suck it up....eat the humble pie. What if APC was declared winner? what would have been your reaction?

4 Likes

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
So when is the State house of Assembly election since several seats have been declared vacant..

1 Like

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by sharonihemena: 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:

The blood of APC Edo State still wets the ground, and the Chairman is contemplating decamping to PDP. Politicians are shameless.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by JAOS(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
excuses won't help you people grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
How can you field someone you called a thief

So you want Edo people to vote for a thief abi

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Tochi3(m): 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
Lol. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by jamalnation(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2020
Obaseki defeat POI in APC
Obaseki defeat POI in PDP
Them no dey fight person were oil dey him head o
may God shame our enemies like this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Paperwhite(m): 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2020
cheesy The house of deception they built is crumbling.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by 9jatriot(m): 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2020
No, that particular APC chairman Edo State chapter was with Obaseki till the end. Truth is, Oshomolen needlessly drove Obaseki away.
superlightning:

Suck it up....eat the humble pie. What if APC was declared winner? what would have been your reaction?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Maxymilliano(m): 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Barr. Anselm Ojezua, the Edo state chairman of APC said the result of the election has vindicated his position that Oshiomhole’s dictatorial attitude will lead to the downfall of the party in the state

Barr. Anselm Ojezua has played his part, it's time he moves into the PDP, alongside his faction of the APC.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by BERNIMOORE: 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
Well
Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
Ojezua is just too intelligent.

So you mean there would still be sanction for oshomole after been stripped

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Eriokanmi: 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2020
Too late to cry. One thing outsiders didn't know is that, prior to the illegal disqualification of obaseki, a confirmed graduate of UI on the basis of certificate irregularities (contrary to certificate forgery) by the man who didn't have more than a trade test certificate to present when running for governorship in his tenure and we accepted him, the majority of us who re-elected obaseki were in the APC. It was those who refused to move with obaseki that voted ize-iyamu yesterday includingthose whose conscience were bought with money. I wonder how they'd be thinking now that they've voted against their conscience.

When all these coup d'etat was going on, I wonder why same Ojezua didn't tell us or tame Oshiomhole and other party loyalists. This is a lesson they must learn for another 4 years. To make the matter worse for them, the next gubernatorial candidate is going to Esan as agreed by those who contested under the PDP and later stepped down for obaseki after his defection, which many misconstrued for bribery, that obaseki bribed them for billions of naira. Whereas, they only had a committed agreement as a condition for acceptance. The next governor is zoned to Esanland.

Apc and their perpetual lies. Anyone who had truly observed obaseki's campaigns from the onset would know that his crowd was always very lean, when compared with what apc had. At times when they post those mammoth crowd here on NL, my heart would be beating fast. Meanwhile, I'd be praying at the same time because a good man can't be loved by all. The major issues some of those who chose to leave obaseki's camp had with him was that, he's not a spendthrift. He wouldn't just give out money on anything that can't benefit the state so they said he's not a democrat. If democracy is all about sharing money, i beg to differ. Same problem ambode had in lagos but the coward refused to dare his godfather.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Paperwhite(m): 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
How can you field someone you called a thief.So you want Edo people to vote for a thief abi
"Using what I said about Ize-Iyamu years ago is lazy man’s argument"— Oshiomhole
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/using-what-i-said-about-ize-iyamu-years-ago-is-lazy-mans-argument-oshiomhole/amp/
grin grin cheesy grin
Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Enudapan: 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
Nna eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

They are acting as if
There is no odogwu to call each other to order in this party

Maybe mushin weed should be shared to APC
Make them wise up
Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Karemarealty288(m): 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
Confusion .....
Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Barr. Anselm Ojezua has played his part, it's time he moves into the PDP, alongside his faction of the APC.
yea, but my fear is there are so many persons coming to pdp or worked for it in apc.

Won't all these affect pdp interms of galvanizing them and the egos involved (would ojezua go to pdp as floor member or caucus).

I don't want it to be like how apc ganged up to remove gej but no content beyond that
Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
Paperwhite:

"Using what I said about Ize-Iyamu years ago is lazy man’s argument"— Oshiomhole
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/using-what-i-said-about-ize-iyamu-years-ago-is-lazy-mans-argument-oshiomhole/amp/
grin grin cheesy grin
Was he lying years ago Or he just talk without reasoning undecided

1 Like

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Notatribalist(m): 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
danielconstant:
Any APC member reviews any party membership is not allowed... Everybody stay where you are..

Oshopikin political rating
Anslem ojezua belongs yo Obaseki faction. So he remained there to cause problem for APC.. He is welcome to PDP

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Notatribalist(m): 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
superlightning:

o,he has always supported obaseki.He didn't campaigned for iyamu..he even said APC does not have a candidate in Edo state.
Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by wallex1983(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2020
I'm so excited this man's excesses have been checked. Impunity all the way.

Unfortunately, PDP should not rejoice too much because they too will not learn lessons.

This vote is neither a vote for obaseki, nor a vote for/against Ize Iyamu. It's simply a statement against impunity and Godfatherism.

I just hope we don't have a new godfather (Obaseki) in Edo politics after the sack of this immediate past Godfather (Oshiomole).

By the way, it appears Wike is officially the new godfather in PDP politics.
Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Passionate888: 7:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
Nice
Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by daddytime(m): 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2020
Make dem catch am, tie him hand and leg, flog am one stroke each.

Illiteracy and narcissism do the guy very strong thing.

1 Like

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Laboni: 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
Ojezua has been with Obaseki from day one.

1 Like

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Macphenson: 7:38pm On Sep 20, 2020
Interesting

1 Like

Re: APC Blames Oshiomhole For Defeat In Edo, Wants Him Sanctioned by Obidon1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
Na true talk

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heavy Tension As IPOB Members Enters Bush Following Kanu Order PICTURES / Ebonyi State: This Is The Only Investment They Do In Other States: Pictures / Viewers Of Peter Obi And Tinubu On Chatham House Interviews (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.