Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Please Help Her Out! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Her Out! (1317 Views)

Help her / My Sister Is Being Beaten By Her Husband. How Can I Help Her? / A Nairalander's Grandma Needs Her Way Back Home - Help Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Her Out! by cho25bc(f): 2:59am On Sep 22, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders. Please I need your help. Im doing this on behalf of someone,it is not for me. Usually,i dont do this because it it not in my nature to beg for financial help,but the situation is pushing me to it.

There is this kind woman who is a cleaner in my school hostel at UI then when i was studying for my Masters,2018 to 2020. i left the hostel in March, one week before COVID-19 lockdown started. I and the woman were close,like friends,although she is very older than i am,should be in her mid forties. Long story short,she is a poor woman struggling to make endsmeet as a cleaner. But since February,the school has not been paying salary to cleaners, although NASU has been on strike since January due to non-payments of arrears and other entitlements. I guess the hardship extended to the cleaners because they are not under NASU.

Since then,this woman with two children has been living from hand to mouth, begging people for money to feed and doing odd jobs for anyone who needs cleaning services.

Her opportunities of making money by doing laundry for students,fetching water and cleaning rooms during academic session are on hold because of the lockdown. I called her in July to greet her and asked her for help regarding something i wanted to find out,and she told me about her predicaments,how she's been suffering. I was forced to send the little i have to her then.

Now this is why I decided to come to NL for help. On saturday,she called me and lamented that her daughter in polytechnic Ibadan called her that same morning. She said the school management has asked all students to pay their fees of N45,000 on or before 25th this month,which is this Friday,else,the money will increase by N5,000 after that day. This woman said her daughter is in ND 2. She doesnt have a dime to even feed not to talk of paying her school fees.

I know you will ask. "Where is her husband,the father of her children?" She said her husband is irresponsible. He doesnt provide for them nor assists with the upkeep of their children. She's been the only one taking care of the children,which is why she took up the cleaner's job in UI. She is also a part-time caterer but jobs are not forth-coming like before because of the pandemic lockdown.

I don't have such amount to give. Im a physically challenged person who is struggling to be somebody in life by going to school. I dont have a job yet. I only manage whatever my family can provide for me and also augment it with my freelance writing business,which doesnt bring much for me monthly,else,i would have helped her. So im begging you,all kind-hearted and generous NLers to help this woman,not me. Whatever you can give will go a long way. I will also add the little i can afford for now,which will be far from the needed 45k. Help me to gather the school fees for this woman's daughter so that she wont be a drop-out. Her mother was crying bitterly on the phone on Saturday and i felt awful that i couldnt help.

I know how Nigeria is right now,the inflation,increased prices of commodities,high level of poverty, hunger and unemployment. I know many of us are also going through financial hardships,but i know there are people who cant be freaked or shaken by 45k. Please let us help her.

You can call or chat with me on Whatsapp for verification if you have doubts about this story. I will provide more information about her including her phone number. My number is 08080963661.

For security reasons,i dont want to share her account details here on the forum.

Please if you have anything to give her, quote me with your line and i will inbox the account to you in private.
May we not beg for food in our lives in Jesus Name. God bless you all in advance.

Cc Lala,mynd44, ishilove,please help me push this to the front page for wider publicity. Someone's future needs saving.

Thank you all in advance.
Re: Please Help Her Out! by Mindlog: 4:13am On Sep 22, 2020
So the Polytechnic Ibadan is presently in session? What has the daughter been doing to legitimately earn an income all those months schools were closed because someone in a polytechnic is not a minor?
Re: Please Help Her Out! by Atk1nson(m): 4:16am On Sep 22, 2020
The last time I read something about someone begging on someone else's behalf on nairaland, it turned out to be a scam.

Let the daughter in polytechnic come make a case for herself.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Her Out! by cho25bc(f): 5:03am On Sep 22, 2020
Mindlog:
So the Polytechnic Ibadan is presently in session? What has the daughter been doing to legitimately earn an income all those months schools were closed because someone in a polytechnic is not a minor?

They are resuming on the 28th
Re: Please Help Her Out! by cho25bc(f): 5:04am On Sep 22, 2020
Atk1nson:
The last time I read something about someone begging on someone else's behalf on nairaland, it turned out to be a scam.

Let the daughter in polytechnic come make a case for herself.
I understand your sentiments and fears,but like i said,i can be contacted for more details. Im not a scam and about.the daughter coming here to present her story herself,i dont know if she has a browsing phone.
Re: Please Help Her Out! by cho25bc(f): 5:09am On Sep 22, 2020
Someone has reached out. Nigeria is blessed with generous people. Im very grateful to the nairalander. May you never lack. May you never know poverty. God bless you sir. You know yourself.
Thank you very much once again

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Her Out! by eyinjuege: 5:12am On Sep 22, 2020
cho25bc:
Good morning Nairalanders. Please I need your help. Im doing this on behalf of someone,it is not for me. Usually,i dont do this because it it not in my nature to beg for financial help,but the situation is pushing me to it.

There is this kind woman who is a cleaner in my school hostel at UI then when i was studying for my Masters,2018 to 2020. i left the hostel in March, one week before COVID-19 lockdown started. I and the woman were close,like friends,although she is very older than i am,should be in her mid forties. Long story short,she is a poor woman struggling to make endsmeet as a cleaner. But since February,the school has not been paying salary to cleaners, although NASU has been on strike since January due to non-payments of arrears and other entitlements. I guess the hardship extended to the cleaners because they are not under NASU.

Since then,this woman with two children has been living from hand to mouth, begging people for money to feed and doing odd jobs for anyone who needs cleaning services.

Her opportunities of making money by doing laundry for students,fetching water and cleaning rooms during academic session are on hold because of the lockdown. I called her in July to greet her and asked her for help regarding something i wanted to find out,and she told me about her predicaments,how she's been suffering. I was forced to send the little i have to her then.

Now this is why I decided to come to NL for help. On saturday,she called me and lamented that her daughter in polytechnic Ibadan called her that same morning. She said the school management has asked all students to pay their fees of N45,000 on or before 25th this month,which is this Friday,else,the money will increase by N5,000 after that day. This woman said her daughter is in ND 2. She doesnt have a dime to even feed not to talk of paying her school fees.

I know you will ask. "Where is her husband,the father of her children?" She said her husband is irresponsible. He doesnt provide for them nor assists with the upkeep of their children. She's been the only one taking care of the children,which is why she took up the cleaner's job in UI. She is also a part-time caterer but jobs are not forth-coming like before because of the pandemic lockdown.

I don't have such amount to give. Im a physically challenged person who is struggling to be somebody in life by going to school. I dont have a job yet. I only manage whatever my family can provide for me and also augment it with my freelance writing business,which doesnt bring much for me monthly,else,i would have helped her. So im begging you,all kind-hearted and generous NLers to help this woman,not me. Whatever you can give will go a long way. I will also add the little i can afford for now,which will be far from the needed 45k. Help me to gather the school fees for this woman's daughter so that she wont be a drop-out. Her mother was crying bitterly on the phone on Saturday and i felt awful that i couldnt help.

I know how Nigeria is right now,the inflation,increased prices of commodities,high level of poverty, hunger and unemployment. I know many of us are also going through financial hardships,but i know there are people who cant be freaked or shaken by 45k. Please let us help her.

You can call or chat with me on Whatsapp for verification if you have doubts about this story. I will provide more information about her including her phone number. My number is 08080963661.

For security reasons,i dont want to share her account details here on the forum.

Please if you have anything to give her, quote me with your line and i will inbox the account to you in private.
[/b]May we not beg for food in our lives in Jesus Name[b]. God bless you all in advance.

Cc Lala,mynd4.4, ishilo.ve,please help me push this to the front page for wider publicity. Someone's future needs saving.

You're not begging for food, you're begging for tuition. Another option you can consider is to defer the semester, work for a year to get some savings so she can pay her school fees and meet other needs.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Her Out! by cho25bc(f): 5:21am On Sep 22, 2020
eyinjuege:

You're not begging for food, you're begging for tuition. Another option you can consider is to defer the semester, work for a year to get some savings so she can pay her school fees and meet other needs.

I dont know if Polytechnic ibadan allows deferment for a semester. Do you have any idea on that? I will tell the woman though. Im not in contact with the daughter. Im only in talks with the woman who works in UIPG hall,so she may not know these things. Thanks for the advice
Re: Please Help Her Out! by frozen70(f): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2020
cho25bc:

May we not beg for food in our lives in Jesus Name. God bless you all in advance.

Cc Lala,mynd44, ishilove,please help me push this to the front page for wider publicity. Someone's future needs saving.

What exactly do you expect members of this forum to do for you about this woman
This is an issue of your interest and need not to be on this platform

1 Like

Re: Please Help Her Out! by Regardless: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2020
frozen70:

An Issue of her interest? See the way you're speaking authoritatively as if you speaking for everyone. The least you could have done if you can't help is to read and waka pass. Your type are something else.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Her Out! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2020
Regardless:

An Issue of her interest? See the way you're speaking authoritatively as if you speaking for everyone. The least you could have done if you can't help is to read and waka pass. Your type are something else.
what's stopping you from helping the op instead of attacking Frozen??

If Frozen is not ready to fall for emotional narrative, What's stopping you from taking the issue on yourself and respond to the OP

1 Like

Re: Please Help Her Out! by cho25bc(f): 5:51am On Sep 23, 2020
frozen70:

Im not surprised by your comment. Ive already prepared my mind before creating this thread for negative reactions like yours so it's no big deal. I appreciate your comment regardless ma'am. But pls,next time you see a thread asking for help on nairaland or on any other platform,even if you dont want to help,at least be nice with your words or walk away. Stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Her Out! by cho25bc(f): 5:57am On Sep 23, 2020
Regardless:

I would have ignored her comment but someone so nice as you are cannot defend me while i waka pass as if im not the one being defended. God bless you for this comment. I pray that you wont have any cause to come online to beg for financial help. While she came here to disourage people from helping my friend,someone else on this forum who read the story had already reached out with his own contribution,and my friend had received it and also acknowledged it. It is well with us all
Re: Please Help Her Out! by Bessppectt(f): 6:41am On Sep 23, 2020
BLUELemon:
what's stopping you from helping the op instead of attacking Frozen??

If Frozen is not ready to fall for emotional narrative, What's stopping you from taking the issue on yourself and respond to the OP

See this unrepentant notorious e-beggar attacking someone because he/she tried to defend an online help seeker. This is disappointing coming from an e-beggar like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Her Out! by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 23, 2020
Bessppectt:

See this unrepentant notorious e-beggar attacking someone because he/she tried to defend an online help seeker. This is disappointing coming from an e-beggar like you.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Her Out! by Bessppectt(f): 7:02am On Sep 23, 2020
[quote author=BLUELemon post=94209658][/quote]
And what is your point?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Her Out! by cho25bc(f): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2020
Bessppectt:

And what is your point?
Pls ignore him. That is the best thing. Thank you for defending me
Re: Please Help Her Out! by Atk1nson(m): 3:35am On Sep 25, 2020
Now this looks more like a scam, well let me keep watching the actors................
Re: Please Help Her Out! by cho25bc(f): 9:01am On Sep 25, 2020
Updates

Good morning NLers. Through the help of God and kind-hearted people,25k has been raised so far,meaning we still need 20k before the end of today before it increases to 50k tomorrow. Im still pleading for help from anyone whose heart is touched to offer assistance to the woman.
I cant forget the nairalander who wishes to remain anonymous. God bless you sir. My heart and the woman's heart pray for you and your family. Favors shall not depart from you in Jesus name.

Someone suggested that the lady should try to defer. I asked one lecturer working there about that and he said it is possible but the student will still pay for the deferred semester/session plus the session s/he returns to school,and the longest period allowed is one year.

I also asked the woman if her daughter is working to support herself,as someone pointed out. She said her daughter is learning phone repairing.

To those thinking this is a scam,i dont blame you for thinking that way. Many Nigerians have tarnished the image of the country to the point that everyone who asks for money will be termed a scammer,so i hold no grudge against you. I even appreciate your comments because whether you admit it or not,you care about the op,that's why you stopped by to say something,regardless of its intonation. I owe you no explanation nor obligation to defend myself because if i want to scam people,i wont mention reputable organizations like UI,NASU and PG hall. Ask anyone in UI who knows any cleaner working there when was the last time they collected salary? Ask any Ibadan poly student their resumption date and amount of school fees. Compare it with my info here. If they dont tally,then you have the rights to suspect foul play. If the info you get tallies with mine here,then may God forgive you. If i want to scam,i wont use my account to post this,rather i will open a new account to hide my identity. I wont even drop my number for you to contact me in private to verify my claims. But your suspicion is understandable.

I will continue to update the thread as things progress regarding the issue. God bless everyone.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Her Out! by frozen70(f): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
cho25bc:

Im not surprised by your comment. Ive already prepared my mind before creating this thread for negative reactions like yours so it's no big deal. I appreciate your comment regardless ma'am. But pls,next time you see a thread asking for help on nairaland or on any other platform,even if you dont want to help,at least be nice with your words or walk away. Stay blessed.

OK, I will do just that, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Australian Man Fights Feisty Kangaroo In Dramatic Six-minute Brawl / Lekki Witch Destroys My Car With Her Superpowers / Surrogate Mothers Needed for IVF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.