Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale (53793 Views)

Video Of Hanan Buhari On The Presidential Jet, Waving. Shared By Aisha Buhari / Hanan Buhari Arrives Bauchi For A Photoshoot In A Presidential Jet / Polls: FG Puts Embassies, Diplomats Under Watch Over PVT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 24, 2020
The Federal Government has put up for sale a jet in the Presidential fleet, Hawker 4000 aircraft with registration number, 5N-FGX/: RC 066.

The business-size jet which entered into service in December 2011, has capacity for nine passengers and three crew.
Findings indicate that only 73 Hawker 4000 aircraft were manufactured by Hawker Beechcraft between 2001 and 2013 and they were sold for $22.91 million each as of 2012.

The FG in a published advert on Wednesday disclosed that the aircraft with a range of 3,190-nautical mile had flown for 1,768 hours.

It said the aircraft could be inspected at the Presidential Air Fleet’s hangar located at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

Interested buyers were requested to submit their closed bid to the Chairman, Committee for Sale of Aircraft, Office of the National Security Adviser, care of Special Services Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

In an advertisement published in some national dailies on Wednesday, prospective buyers were directed to submit a refundable bank draft for $50,000 to the committee with the bid.

It also said that all the bids should be quoted in United States dollars.

The notice read, “Please note that all bids must be submitted within one week of this publication. Background check is required as a pre-qualification for the bid. Prospective bidders who want to inspect the aircraft will be granted access within one week from this advertisement.”

The Presidency had similarly in 2016 put up for sale two presidential aircraft, a Falcon 7X executive jet and Hawker 4000, in line with the directive of the President, President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.), that aircraft in the Presidential Air Fleet should be reduced to cut down on waste.

The government also said some aircraft in the fleet would be handed over to the Nigeria Air Force for its operations. It could not be confirmed if this had been done.

According to the Presidency, the PAF has 10 aircraft and they include Boeing Business Jet (Boeing 737-800 or AirForce One), one Gulfstream 550, one Gulfstream V (Gulfstream 500), two Falcons 7X, one Hawker Sidley 4000, two AgustaWestland AW 139 helicopters and two AgustaWestland AW 101 helicopters.

Reports said each of the two Falcon 7X jets was purchased in 2010 for $51.1m, while the Gulfstream 550 costs $53.3m.

The Senior Special Assistant, (Media and Publicity) to the President, Garba Shehu, had yet to r
espond to inquiries on the number of presidential aircraft sold so far, as of the time of filing this report.

https://punchng.com/fg-puts-nine-year-old-presidential-jet-on-sale/

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by Rugaria: 1:47am On Sep 24, 2020
Will send one of my boys to check that up... Need to add one more to my fleet...

270 Likes 12 Shares

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by sinkhole: 1:56am On Sep 24, 2020
This is Nigerian used, I no wan buy! Make una no try convince me.
Had it being London used, I for buy am wink smiley

197 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by freeborn02: 2:10am On Sep 24, 2020
The same aircraft they promised to add to national carrier. Buhari has a love for failed promises.

Mannabbgrills, you can't hide anymore. We know you are also the one using Eriggs as alternative moniker.

You make it looks as if Eriggs is someone supporting your comment or defending your position, whereas you and errigs are the same person. You pretend as if you don't reply to mentions, whereas you are using Eriggs to reply.

This further proves that you are a pretensive Hypocrite with zero honour.

I don't care about ban from mods. After all, ban is made for man. tongue

One thing I know is that you are dishonourable. You are as morally decayed as any other morally dirty thing out there.

All those sanctimonious long posts you make are empty and you are only seeking for likes, like a man suffering from chronic depression.

Mentioning your name and Integrity or dignity together in the same sentence is an aberration.

440 Likes 42 Shares

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by ShinnBet: 2:15am On Sep 24, 2020
Yusuf go buy am Las Las at the cost of a tokunbo Range Rover

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by bigseank(m): 2:59am On Sep 24, 2020
may we never see this type of buhari government again, how i wish i can turn back the hands of time

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by Charleys: 3:05am On Sep 24, 2020
Na like this wey things don bad reach?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by heendrix(m): 3:32am On Sep 24, 2020
sad
Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by ursullalinda(f): 4:22am On Sep 24, 2020
Can someone remind me the promise this scam government made to us about presidential jet?.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by strangest(m): 4:34am On Sep 24, 2020
I go like send my mechanic to check the engine and brain box

31 Likes

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by adaora17901: 4:38am On Sep 24, 2020
Yusuf go buy am Las Las at the savings of a tokunbo Range Rover

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by GreaterFuture1(m): 4:38am On Sep 24, 2020
If you dont need it, Pls don't bid for it. Some auto business Gurus would Fully utilize this.

50 units of 30Tonne Tippers needed for Long term Hire/Lease (6months - 1Year) within Lagos and Ogun States. If you are ready and can provide this, Call me 08071056794

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by confistified(m): 4:39am On Sep 24, 2020
Good development..... If only they will sell them and buy commercial planes for the since promised Nigerian Airlines undecided
Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 24, 2020
This people no get money again ooo

10 Likes

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by anonimi: 4:40am On Sep 24, 2020
Charleys:

Did they already sell the two advertised since 2016?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by splashbaby(m): 4:41am On Sep 24, 2020
Useless and 419 government... You banned rice and chicken importation because you claim we can produce it here in Nigeria...but you kept importing petroleum products even though we can produce them here in Nigeria as the 5th largest oil producer in the world with third largest installed capacity refineries in Africa. You pass the buck of your failure year in year out as susbsidy to the ordinary Nigerians that are not part of your failure. It's time Nigerians change it for them all. Imagine Nigeria importing petroleum products from Brazil and Niger Republic.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by Organs(m): 4:41am On Sep 24, 2020
Charleys:

Make Govt see something buy christmas rice naaa.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by Johntemmy(m): 4:42am On Sep 24, 2020
isokay
Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by anonimi: 4:42am On Sep 24, 2020
brudiga:
This people no get money again ooo

Lies.
Where did Aisha, of the other room, get the money for her Dubai travel during Covid-19 restrictions

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by Organs(m): 4:43am On Sep 24, 2020
sinkhole:
This is Nigerian used, I no wan buy! Make una no try convince me.
Had it being London used, I for buy am wink smiley

Unpatriotic Nigerian. You see as you dey dis- Grace ya country? Small thing now you go say London people dey insult us anyhow.

8 Likes

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by thunder74(m): 4:43am On Sep 24, 2020
They will sell sell it to themselves cheap.

2 Likes

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by ruffhandu: 4:43am On Sep 24, 2020
How was it maintained?

1 Like

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 4:44am On Sep 24, 2020
Story

Na one of them go still buy am

14 Likes

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by Sirigu: 4:44am On Sep 24, 2020
Good move. I hope it isn't faulty sha.

1 Like

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by vibre: 4:45am On Sep 24, 2020
How much? I want to buy

1 Like

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by anonimi: 4:47am On Sep 24, 2020
ursullalinda:
Can someone remind me the promise this scam government made to us about presidential jet?.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2674047_2671101fbimg1435752845837jpeg8fa3e5cefe73fa369d83ff842dcb8396_jpeg_jpeg08705abfd750ea2ff336c659bb1b7a6a

pendy79:
General Muhammadu Buhari in UK:
I Will Maintain a Modest Lifestyle as President - Buhari...Will Resuscitate Nigerian Airways...All Presidential Aircrafts Will Be Brought Under
Nigerian Airways

"One of the major killer of our economy apart from corruption is Waste. Our scarce resources are being plunder away very carelessly and unnecessarily wasted. "Let me give an instance, presently, there are more than 6 aircraft in the presidential fleet.

What do you call that? "Billions of naira is budgeted every year for the maintenance of these aircraft not to talk of operational cost and other expenses.

"You may want to ask what a Nigerian President is doing with so much aircraft when a Prime Minister of Britain fly around using the same public aircraft like an ordinary Briton.

"Go and check and compare with that of any developed country in the world, the office of the Nigerian President is a very expensive one inspite our high level of poverty and joblessness.

"Despite all these, you still find a Nigerian Minister spending about N10billion to charter an aircraft for just one year."Now, for me, when we come
into office, all these waste will be blocked and properly channelled into our economy. "We intend for instance, to bring back our National carrier, the Nigerian Airways."We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian airway and within a year increase the fleet into about 20.

What is the Difference between me and those who elected us to represent them, absolutely nothing. Why should Nigerian President not fly with other Nigerian public? "Why do I need to embark on a foreign trip as a president with a huge crowd with public funds?"Why do I need to go for
foreign medical trip if we cannot make our hospital functional? "Why do we need to send our children to school abroad if we cannot developed our university to compete with the foreign ones?

"Why, and why must our people be servants to the foreigners in the midst of plenty? I can go on and on."I came here in the UK and I chose to trek just to make sure I sent a message back home to some people who wish us dead.

This is not my struggle, it is our collective efforts to save Nigeria from those who have failed us for 16 years."-

General Muhammadu Buhari speaking in London on Saturday, February 21, 2015

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10490704_screenshot20191101051249538_jpeg_jpege049cfdbeaa82cd14fe2bb161aa8f425

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4184367_img20160901212519_jpeg78b79ce1d41276755a59631319a61753

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by KnightsTemplar(m): 4:47am On Sep 24, 2020
They should post the VIN, so we buyers can check if they want to sell lemon to us.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by Amotekun777: 4:48am On Sep 24, 2020
grin
Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by Mcreloaded(m): 4:50am On Sep 24, 2020
freeborn02:
The same aircraft they promised to add to national carrier. Buhari has a love for failed promises.

Mannabbgrills, you can't hide anymore. We know you are also the one using Eriggs as alternative moniker.

You make it looks as if Eriggs is someone supporting your comment or defending your position, whereas you and errigs are the same person. You pretend as if you don't reply to mentions, whereas you are using Eriggs to reply.

This further proves that you are a pretensive Hypocrite with zero honour.

I don't care about ban from mods. After all, ban is made for man. tongue

One thing I know is that you are dishonourable. You are as morally decayed as any other morally dirty thing out there.

All those sanctimonious long posts you make are empty and you are only seeking for likes, like a man suffering from chronic depression.

Mentioning your name and Integrity or dignity together in the same sentence is an aberration.

For your information the griller has the highest number of shares in naira land, the grillers total number of shares is 4 times more than the total number of shares on nairaland as at present.
If the likes and shares have any meaning then my conclusion on the griller is as good as yours.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Puts Nine-Year-Old Presidential Jet On Sale by Nobody: 4:51am On Sep 24, 2020
Nobody is buying anything.Keep your private jet.Mumu people.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Declares Oyetola Gboyega The Winner Of Osun State Governorship Election / Fayose Mocks APC Again Wit A New Advert On The Front Page Of Punch Newspaper(pic / BBNaija: Reno Omokiri Drags Femi Fani-Kayode Over His 2020 Comment (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.