Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,853 members, 7,844,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell (2438 Views)

Off-cycle Polls; "APC Is The Biggest Political Party" - Buhari / Nigerians Should Vote Who They Like From Whichever Party - Buhari / Ezekwesili To Buhari: Tell Nigerians The Truth About South-East Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by abeyaktech: 3:39pm On Sep 25, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has commended Governor Godwin Obaseki and his Deputy Philip Shaibu for paying him a courtesy visit at the Presidential Villa after beating the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the just-concluded Edo Election.

Mr. Godwin Obaseki of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) defeated Mr. Osagie Ize-Iyamu, of the APC to win a second term as governor of Edo State.

The President, while speaking to the governor and his delegation on Friday, said, “I thank you for bringing your deputy and supporters to come and see me after beating my party. I am supposed to preside over all Nigerian interests whether I like it or not, but my single desire is to make sure that innocent people don’t suffer. That message I got across to the Inspector General of Police, that elections must be free and fair.

“If contestants have too much money and they decide to spray, so be it. But what I insist is, nobody should go and raise a counterforce to the government, arm heavily-drugged thugs to go and humiliate people.

“I want Nigerians to appreciate that I respect them as Nigerians and that I am bound by the oath I have taken, that their security is in the hands of God and in the hands of the government, which I am leading.”

President Buhari noted that as the leader of the governing party, and despite the fact that the party has lost some states in the elections, he wishes to leave behind a political culture based on integrity.

“We have lost states across the country. Now I do not like to escape the responsibility, seeing as the leader of the country, I am also the leader of my party, that I am not leading the party very well.

“I am trying to make sure that the party is built on a civilised basis, rule of law and respect for human rights and human beings, right from polling units to local governments, to states up to Abuja and that’s what I have been insisting as my contribution to the National Working Committee and executive of the party. I know we are a developing country, a developing economy, and trying to develop our political culture. I want the development of political culture to be based on integrity and accountability. Let people work very hard and earn what they are looking for through their hard work and through fair competition,” the President said.

He added jocularly that he was congratulating the Edo governor “reluctantly” because he defeated the candidate of his party, the APC.

In his remarks, Governor Obaseki thanked the President for ensuring that fair play reigned during the election which saw him victorious.

“You would recall a couple of weeks before the election, I came to see you and you assured me that we were going to have a free, peaceful, and credible election. That is what we had during the election of 19th September and the whole world has acclaimed that the Edo election was perhaps one of the best conducted in recent times in Nigeria. This could not have been possible without your insistence that the right things be done, and for that, we want to say thank you very much.”

He also thanked the President for his congratulatory message, assuring him that the message “has been internalised, that it is God that made this election possible, therefore I should be humble about the election and also magnanimous in victory.”

He pledged his unalloyed loyalty and support and that of the people of Edo State to the President and the federal government.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/09/25/thank-you-for-bringing-your-deputy-to-see-me-after-beating-my-party-buhari-tells-obaseki/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by Brandstudio01: 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hnnm
I thought this was a joke until I saw the news source grin
Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by tanteta(m): 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
Nice media show.

1 Like

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by martyns303(m): 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2020
He handled it nicely....

1 Like

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by JAMO4REAL1(m): 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2020
my single desire is to make sure that innocent people don’t suffer. with this statement president is doing Anti-party u need to be suspended also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by BlowYourMind: 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ok
Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by Righteousness89(m): 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2020
Inasmuch as we Have one thing or the other to Complain about the Presidency of President Buhari, we need to Congratulate Him when something good Happens!

As Far as I am Concerned, September 19th 2020 Edo Governorship Election is the Best Governorship Election we Have had since 1999.

Congratulations President Buhari! We Hope to see More of this..

8 Likes

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by AroleOduduwa2: 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2020
I swear, I love Buhari sense of humor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by FarahAideed: 4:19pm On Sep 25, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
I swear, I love Buhari sense of humor

Buhari has sense of Humour? Are u sure you know the meaning so ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by Frankwest77(m): 5:05pm On Sep 25, 2020
[quote author=FarahAideed post=94299389]

Buhari has sense of Humour? Are u sure you know the meaning so

He's very correct, the President does have a sense of humour!! You not knowing is a different case

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by gbowoade85142: 5:10pm On Sep 25, 2020
He handled it nicely....

1 Like

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by Okoroawusa: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2020
I Love PMB

2 Likes

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by Okoroawusa: 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2020
[quote author=Frankwest77 post=94300967][/quote]
Chai!...see finishing!!
Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by imagrg(m): 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
Peace is what we want in Nigeria.

May peace continue to reign in the country.
Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by princepee: 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
W
Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by JAMO84: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
Inasmuch as we Have one thing or the other to Complain about the Presidency of President Buhrari, we need to Congratulate Him when something good Happens!

As Far as I am Concerned, September 19th 2020 Edo Governorship Election is the Best Governorship Election we Have had since 1999.

Righteousness89 my guy, how is salvation today? How much is anointing oil in your Church?
Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by KoleDgreat2020(m): 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
JAMO4REAL1:
my single desire is to make sure that innocent people don’t suffer. with this statement president is doing Anti-party u need to be suspended also
how?
Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by possibility99: 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
grin
Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by JAMO84: 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2020
Nobody has ever gone to thank his Majesty, the letter writer general of the federation for conducting peaceful election. He was always using his godogodo boys to dismantle the opposition. Today, his PDP Dundees see him like Saint Mathew.

I AM DONE TALKING

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by possibility99: 6:07pm On Sep 25, 2020
JAMO84:
Righteousness89 my guy, how is salvation today? How much is anointing oil in your Church?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by Tumbulum: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
Inasmuch as we Have one thing or the other to Complain about the Presidency of President Buhari, we need to Congratulate Him when something good Happens!

congratulate him for what exactly? Why are people rejoicing when things are done the right way. Free and fair election is your fundamental human right. Anyone who denies you that will be punished by the Father of all spirits

1 Like

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by Jostoman: 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2020
JAMO84:
Nobody has ever gone to thank his Majesty, the letter writer general of the federation for conducting peaceful election. He was always using his godogodo boys to dismantle the opposition. Today, his PDP Dundees see him like Saint Mathew.

I AM DONE TALKING
Tinubu ass licker nobody see your dictator president as saint.

1 Like

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by TimeManager(m): 6:47pm On Sep 25, 2020
Buhari is not a dynamic party leader. APC has lost a number of sates than it had in 2015. Even if Buhari was the PDP party leader, he would have lost more states & practically would have left PDP for dead. I bet he dosen't understand how President rallies round & mobilises party stalwarts to stabilize & gain control of more states. States across the federation work their socks off to ensure your victory, the least you can do is ensure maximum support than being laid back in Abuja.

kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2020
Which party does Obaseki belong in gan gan
Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by solmus: 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2020
cool

Same guy that threatened baboon and dogs

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by merieam16(f): 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2020
This guy just came there to destroy Apc
Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by Great2017: 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2020
TimeManager:
Buhari is not a dynamic party leader. APC has lost a number of sates than it had in 2015. Even if Buhari was the PDP party leader, he would have lost more states & practically would have left PDP for dead. I bet he dosen't understand how President rallies round & mobilises party stalwarts to stabilize & gain control of more states. States across the federation work their socks off to ensure your victory, the least you can do is ensure maximum support than being laid back in Abuja.

kiss the truth!

Which kiss the truth are you talking about?

You want Buhari to use the instruments of the State to rig elections for Tinubu and Oshiomhole.

Come on, let us reason and work for a better Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Thank You For Bringing Your Deputy To See Me After Beating My Party, Buhari Tell by osarog: 10:16pm On Sep 25, 2020
As if no be him make am win. Politics ehn .

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Should’ve Built Rails Roads, Instead Of $12bn Debt Cancellation-fashola / Why Obaseki Will Be Removed As Governor By Supreme Court / Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.