Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

How Do I Deal With This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Deal With This (1431 Views)

How Can I Deal With A Quarrelsome Wife / How Do I Deal With An Emotionally Cheating Husband / How Do I Deal With This Issues Between My Wife And I? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With This by cooldove8: 8:24am On Sep 26, 2020
So I just got a call this morning from my mum crying!!! Saying my dad beat her up for a facebook post, I really do not care what the reason his but my mum is peaceful I feel so angry he beat her up at this age they are above 55 years of age. I want to react so he never tried that nonsense again. Probably cut him off as I live abroad I can go to them what do you guys think I can do to react properly?
PS
THANKS FOR ALL WHO SAID A WORD AND GAVE ADVICE.
I HAVE CALLED HIM AND WE TALKED ABOUT IT LIKE MEN HE PROMISED NEVER TO RAISE HIS FINGER ON HER AGAIN. I HOPE HE STICKS TO THAT.
Re: How Do I Deal With This by Righteousness89(m): 8:33am On Sep 26, 2020
Call Him and Speak to Him about it..
Respectfully tell Him that Hitting His Wife ( your Mom) is a No..

If he tries to be Stubborn then you take your actions

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This by lilmax(m): 8:34am On Sep 26, 2020
Did your mum hit him first? If she did, then your dad's on point

If not, then your dad is wrong

Make sure you load your mum's account with money, if she needs to get out of there
Re: How Do I Deal With This by cooldove8: 8:39am On Sep 26, 2020
[quote author=Righteousness89 post=94319423][i]Call Him and Speak to Him about it..
Respectfully tell Him that Hitting His Wife ( your Mom) is a No..

If he tries to be Stubborn then you take your actions
Thanks bro
Man beat her up when we where younger but stopped but now doing this again breaks my heart. I have a wife and daughter I can't imagine a man beating them I really want to show him some lessons but they will say because I am financially better now

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This by cooldove8: 8:41am On Sep 26, 2020
I gave them both money money yesterday and today he beat her up I don't know if it's jealousy or something. What can I do to demonstrate my anger with out being disrespectful
Re: How Do I Deal With This by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 26, 2020
cooldove8:
I gave them both money money yesterday and today he beat her up I don't know if it's jealousy or something. What can I do to demonstrate my anger with out being disrespectful

Why not give them the same amount?
Re: How Do I Deal With This by Righteousness89(m): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2020
cooldove8:
Have a Talk with Him First!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 26, 2020
op call him and give him a strong and final warning never to touch your mom again no matter what, instead he should call and report to you first,dont talk too much just hang up.
Re: How Do I Deal With This by yanabasee(m): 9:42am On Sep 26, 2020
cooldove8:
So I just got a call this morning from my mum crying!!! Saying my dad beat her up for a facebook post, I really do not care what the reason his but my mum is peaceful I feel so angry he beat her up at this age they are above 55 years of age. I want to react so he never tried that nonsense again. Probably cut him off as I live abroad I can go to them what do you guys think I can do to react properly?

Oga, live your father's marriage alone and focus on your future.....

You are a grown man and should not interfere on issues like that.....

She's your mother...He's also your father, you don't have to pick sides.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With This by Biofil84(m): 9:48am On Sep 26, 2020
First call with respect and ask him what really happened, even though am not supporting violence ..women can sometimes be quick to play the gender card, u may even be surprise she hit him first or use highly derogatory words on him to the extent of comparing him with another man.

Say no to voilence.

Biofil digester toilet system: a better alternative to the conventional soak-away system, no odour, no evacuation of excreta.see signature

Re: How Do I Deal With This by LordKO(m): 9:57am On Sep 26, 2020
You're a biased child. The position you've taken suggests that you're in support of your mother doing anything she desires, regardless of whether or not her desires are good or bad and even if they will affect your father negatively. Only a man - or woman - who's sick will condone the opportunistic actions of their spouse towards them in particular and others in general - servility is a disease. Perhaps, you don't know the value of dignity and peace of mind.

Well, let your mother know that freedom without decorum is a disease. It's sick people who exercise their freedom outside the confines of conscientiousness in the name of owning a right to their liberty, and it's equally also sick people who support them.

Meanwhile, perhaps, it could've been palatable if your father had retaliated differently, so I don't hold brief for him. Advise both of them to take to conscientiousness to enable mutual peace of mind for all involved.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With This by ImaIma1(f): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
You might be taking your mum's side but your dad beating her is just unacceptable. Someone will still be collecting beating in her old age.

Collect beating from primary to secondary school, father and mother will beat, husband will still follow it up with beating.

Even our parents stopped beating us at a particular age and resorted to reasoning and other forms of discipline. I don't take lightly to a man beating his wife. He has absolutely no right to.

You can tell his relative who is older than him to talk to him. Let them know how you feel about such attitude from him.

It's just so sad.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This by virginprincess(f): 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
yanabasee:

Oga, live your father's marriage alone and focus on your future.....

You are a grown man and should not interfere on issues like that.....

She's your mother...He's also your father, you don't have to pick sides.....

It people like you that get married&become wife beater, why shouldn't he react, so he should keep quiet until his dad kill his mom,NONSENSE.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This by yanabasee(m): 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
virginprincess:
It people like you that get married&become wife beater, why shouldn't he react, so he should keep quiet until his dad kill his mom,NONSENSE.

He never killed her for these years... Is it now that they're old that he will kill her?

And i don't attach sentiments to my comments....

You want him to go and knockout his father for you to be happy?

His father is a grown man and whatever problem they have or facing will likely be settled....But could prolong if he picks a side... And could divide the family as one party will feel the other party is using the kids against him/her....

You need to apply wisdom when dealing with adults....

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This by Mariangeles(f): 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
yanabasee:

He never killed her for these years... Is it now that they're old that he will kill her?

His father is a grown man and whatever problem they have or facing will likely be settled....But could prolong if he picks a side... And could divide the family as one party will feel the other party is using the kids against him/her....

Old age does not equal wisdom.
That a man is older does not mean he's wiser.
Only a foolish old coward will beat up his old wife.
The older and experienced a man gets, the less foolish he's expected to act.

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This by mrsteel: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
cooldove8:
Above 55 yrs still fighting?
This is strange!
Re: How Do I Deal With This by Mariangeles(f): 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2020
cooldove8:

Have a private talk with your dad and tell him never to beat up your mother again.
If he did it while you were young, now that you're older and can protect your mum, don't allow that to happen again.
A man should learn to respect himself to avoid losing the respect of his children.
What if she has some health issues?
The age at which his wife needs his protection the most, he beats her up! That is a cowardly thing to do.
By now, they both should know and understand each other better, rather than using violence.
Also, talk your mum separately too, and find out if she's been disrespectful towards your dad.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This by crackhaus: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2020
cooldove8:
It's obvious you were already having your own personal issues with your dad before this event.
Re: How Do I Deal With This by Graxie(f): 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2020
Your mom is used to the beating, women like her encourage others to endure.

As per your dad, better don't confront him, he will beat her more.

The best you can do for your mom is to ask her what she wants and how far is she ready to keep receiving beating.
Re: How Do I Deal With This by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
cooldove8:
habe you ask your dad what’s wrong maybe your mum is not honest with you, and hope your mum doesn’t have any mental illness history

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This by virginprincess(f): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
yanabasee:

But at least he should caution his dad,after have seen children beat their dad for beating their mother.
Re: How Do I Deal With This by Mindlog: 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2020
adetoroamos:
habe you ask your dad what’s wrong maybe your mum is not honest with you, and hope your mum doesn’t have any mental illness history

What has mental illness history got to do with being the one beaten (if true , in OP's case)?

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This by ImaIma1(f): 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2020
yanabasee:

A grown man would act better than beating his wife. It takes much more than age for someone to be described as grown.

And a child that loves his parent, mum or dad should be concerned when he or she is hurt physically especially by the one person who is supposed to love them and have their back.

In this case, the son should not turn a blind eye because it is not his own marriage.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With This by yanabasee(m): 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2020
Mariangeles:

Old age does not equal wisdom.
That a man is older does not mean he's wiser.
Only a foolish old coward will beat up his old wife.
The older and experienced a man gets, the less foolish he's expected to act.

Fact that I hate it when a man lay his hands on a woman....Doesn't stop me from supporting some men that do the undoable...

I've seen where a man had a misunderstanding with his wife, and she held his clothes and rumpled them...He went back inside to change and while he was already late for work....she waited for him to get outside again and she poured him water...and ran inside to soak all his clothes inside water....

He was late for work.... She said he must beat her and show the world that he's a man..simply because he threatened to hit her if she wouldn't let him leave for work...

At the end of the day, the video of the fight was sent to the company by his wife. She made the recording expecting the company to query him for misconduct...He was fired from work and there was no money anymore...

He had to divorce her...

Sometimes, women push men to this beating and you people must not be the judge on the men alone...Learn to caution your fellow women to have limits to their trouble....
Re: How Do I Deal With This by yanabasee(m): 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
virginprincess:
But at least he should caution his dad,after have seen children beat their dad for beating their mother.

He doesn't have to caution his father......

And I'll never support a child standing up to his father no matter what....

Because, what you do to your father you'll never want your child to do the same to you...

Because, you wouldn't know how you'll offend your child...
Re: How Do I Deal With This by Exmilitant(m): 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
cooldove8:
Op, investigate your mum well o, this type of matter happened at Rumuobiakani in PH many years ago, a boy, (he was around 23 then) saw his dad hitting his mother he rush to the kitchen and came back with a pestle and hit his father on the head with it. The man collapsed and was taken to the hospital when he came to 3days later, he called his son and told him that he caught his wife sleeping with a man on their bed. (the woman was a jehovahs witness, the man was her preaching partner). The man died hours later. The boy has never recovered till today. So ask well o.
Re: How Do I Deal With This by Mariangeles(f): 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
yanabasee:

Fact that I hate it when a man lay his hands on a woman....Doesn't stop me from supporting some men that do the undoable...

I've seen where a man had a misunderstanding with his wife, and she held his clothes and rumpled them...He went back inside to change and while he was already late for work....she waited for him to get outside again and she poured him water...and ran inside to soak all his clothes inside water....

He was late for work.... She said he must beat her and show the world that he's a man..simply because he threatened to hit her if she wouldn't let him leave for work...

At the end of the day, the video of the fight was sent to the company by his wife. She made the recording expecting the company to query him for misconduct...He was fired from work and there was no money anymore...

He had to divorce her...

Sometimes, women push men to this beating and you people must not be the judge on the men alone...Learn to caution your fellow women to have limits to their trouble....

I get your point, and I'm not asking the op to take sides.
All I'm saying is for a couple as old as they are, there are other ways to handle issues rather than violence.
Re: How Do I Deal With This by yanabasee(m): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
Mariangeles:

I get your point, and I'm not asking the op to take sides.
All I'm saying is for a couple as old as they are, there are other ways to handle issues rather than violence.

That's the point and I emphasized that the son shouldn't get involved and allow the parents to resolve themselves the way they've been doing over this year's.....
Re: How Do I Deal With This by LadySarah: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
adetoroamos:

The children watched their mom being beaten since m they were young till now and you ppl area skiing useless questions.

What is one reason that is concrete enough to warrant beating his wife from early marriage till now?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This by mrsteel: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
virginprincess:
So u will encourage your brothers to beat your dad because he beat your mother?
Re: How Do I Deal With This by virginprincess(f): 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2020
mrsteel:

So u will encourage your brothers to beat your dad because he beat your mother?
My dad can never beat my mum.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With This by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
cooldove8:

Above 55 and still receiving beatings? Am sure she must be the for better for worst type. Do what u can for her.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Son In Law Ever: A Tribute To My Amazing Son-in-law / Reply As A Wife Respectfully...... / You Need To See These Photos If You Think Your Kids Frustrate You More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.