Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,450 members, 7,861,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To (45897 Views)

Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix / Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 3:54am On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

Mention two people that existed 2000 years ago.

Why do you think coward Samuel will not answer this?

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 4:09am On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Because that donkey part sounds absurd right? grin
See how you're avoiding it, like a plaque. Or are you ashamed of your so called holy book?

i am not just knowing you on this thread neither are you. Be cured of your amnesia in Jesus name. i clearly remember telling you that i believe God and the Bible 100%, on this same thread. Later on still on this thread you asked this inane question again and i replied yet again that every thing in the Bible happened just the way it's recorded. Don't hang yourself over it. God is a miracle working God. 
There is nothing absurd about miracles. They are supernatural occurrences. Nothing to be avoided there or have violent spasms about like you seem to have. You believe the miraculous event between Balaam and his donkey is the centre and summary of his bible account, i don't see it that way. There are different chapters and passages that talk about Balaam. He is more known to me as the man who tried several times to curse who no man can curse, and ended up blessing them. The highlight for you was the supernatural occurrence of his donkey talk. That's your opinion and you are free to have it. i 100% believe it but it's not the main thing about Balaam for me. Very simple.

2 Likes

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 4:13am On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

i am not just knowing you on this thread neither are you. Be cured of your amnesia in Jesus name. i clearly remember telling you that i believe God and the Bible 100%, on this same thread. Later on still on this thread you asked this inane question again and i replied yet again that every thing in the Bible happened just the way it's recorded. Don't hang yourself over it. God is a miracle working God. 
There is nothing absurd about miracles. They are supernatural occurrences. Nothing to be avoided there or have violent spasms about like you seem to have. You believe the miraculous event between Balaam and his donkey is the centre and summary of his bible account, i don't see it that way. There are different chapters and passages that talk about Balaam. He is more known to me as the man who tried several times to curse who no man can curse, and ended up blessing them. The highlight for you was the supernatural occurrence of his donkey talk. That's your opinion and you are free to have it. i 100% believe it but it's not the main thing about Balaam for me. Very simple.

Lmao... See painment grin grin grin
Imagine believing a donkey talked, and you're coming here to argue. Hide your head in shame, you're embarrassing yourself.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 4:28am On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Imagine believing a donkey talked, and you're coming here to argue. Hide your head in shame, you're embarrassing yourself.

i am not pained at all, just explaining my one line in many sentences. Finally you understand that i believe in miracles. It's nothing to be ashamed of. That you don't seem to have seen one doesn't mean everyone else has not. Have some sense.

2 Likes

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 4:42am On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

i am not pained at all, just explaining my one line in many sentences. Finally you understand that i believe in miracles. It's nothing to be ashamed of. That you don't seem to have seen one doesn't mean everyone else has not. Have some sense.

In this modern age and time... It's really something to be ashamed of o.
Imagine, with all the information that's available, you still believe that a man's donkey had a conversation with him. Nawa.
cry I feel sorry for you.
Still hide your head in shame though.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 4:54am On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Imagine, with all the information that's available, you still believe that a man's donkey had a conversation with him. Nawa.

You should be actually sorry for your lack of exposure. My experience and belief in the miraculous has not stopped me from being an achiever and in front in every field i have ventured into. Not to boast but i am almost certain you do not have my academic or financial qualifications or capacity. i mentioned those because those are things that likely thrill you. When you start looking for work, you will again discover that your bosses, colleagues and teachers believe in miracles and still excel in their various endeavours.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 5:00am On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

You should be actually sorry for your lack of exposure. My experience and belief in the miraculous has not stopped me from being an achiever and in front in every field i have ventured into. Not to boast but i am almost certain you do not have my academic or financial qualifications or capacity. i mentioned those because those are things that likely thrill you. When you start looking for work, you will again discover that your bosses, colleagues and teachers believe in miracles and still excel in their various endeavours.

grin grin grin
Of course, why not?
Belief is a personal thing and has no business with reality. It's useless when it comes to reality. That is why you're working and not at home praying for money to fall on your roof. The point you just made proves that, your beliefs is as useless as it appears when it comes to reality.

And no, I'm not looking for work, I have work already. Thanks. grin
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 5:06am On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin
Of course, why not?
Belief is a personal thing and has no business with reality. It's useless when it comes to reality. That is why you're working and not at home praying for money to fall on your roof. The point you just made proves that, your beliefs is as useless as it appears when it comes to reality.

Have you finally discovered that your bosses, colleagues and teachers believe in miracles and still excel in their various endeavours? Did the Bible teach anyone to sit at home praying for money or what brings you to such absurdity except that you again refused to think before talking?
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 5:09am On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

Have you finally discovered that your bosses, colleagues and teachers believe in miracles and still excel in their various endeavours? Did the Bible teach anyone to sit at home praying for money or what brings you to such absurdity except that you again refused to think before talking?
Lmao... still proving my point. grin
Have you ever discovered that your bosses, colleagues and teachers don't make use of their beliefs to excel in their various endeavours?. That's what I'm taking about. When it comes to reality, your beliefs are useless.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 5:11am On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Have you ever discovered that your bosses, colleagues and teachers don't make use of their beliefs to excel in their various endeavours?. That's what I'm taking about. When it comes to reality, your beliefs are useless.

No, i actually discovered that the beliefs enhanced their excelling.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 5:21am On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

No, i actually discovered that the beliefs enhanced their excelling.

grin grin grin
Enhanced ko.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Bunsenbun(m): 7:05am On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

Talk about being hasty. How do you know i ever replied to or followed whatever previous moniker he might have used?
Here lies the problem,you read what i wrote but did not comprehend it.My statement was a reply to an earlier statement of yours where you called out kingxzams and said his account is less than 3 or so years,forgetting that "alternate" account and even "main" accounts exist.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 8:47am On Oct 01, 2020
Bunsenbun:
Here lies the problem,you read what i wrote but did not comprehend it.My statement was a reply to an earlier statement of yours where you called out kingxzams and said his account is less than 3 or so years,forgetting that "alternate" account and even "main" accounts exist.

You should have gone further down instead of being hasty. Even if he is seun that probably had the first account on nairaland. He said i was following his moniker and implied a dependent attachment. It is only logical to compare his moniker starting point to mine. Don't be hasty.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Bunsenbun(m): 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

You should have gone further down instead of being hasty. Even if he is seun that probably had the first account on nairaland. He said i was following his moniker and implied a dependent attachment. It is only logical to compare his moniker starting point to mine. Don't be hasty.
no Qualms
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin
Enhanced ko.

Your offpoint point was that people who are well to do, or intelligent, or well informed do not believe in miracles. Then when approached with the reality which is painful for you, especially as even your biological parents and bosses believe, you fallaciously divert to belief not having an effect. Foolish atheists will not be easily left with folly especially if i follow them.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Pelecius: 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

I will be considering the bolded word. You seem to have issue with why he (and many Christian) believe everything in the Bible but let's see if you will be consistent

kingxsamz:

Okay, here you still show your disgust for his belief. Claiming he should even be ashamed.
Let's continue to see if you will be consistent with belief being important or not
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin
Of course, why not?

Now, his belief that you have issues with is now a personal thing.
A good question would be: How is it that you have issues with something that is personal to another person?
Again, you claimed that it is useless when it comes to reality. Now, how can you have issues with that which is useless in reality?
kingxsamz:

You still made the claim again.
This is why I feel that many are not in pursuit of truth but just show bigotry. You are having issues with a concept (which is common to everyone - theists or atheists) yet you still claim that the concept is useless in reality.
This is an inconsistency as you are concerned with something that you claim (believe?) is useless in reality. Also concerned with something that is personal to people.
I hope you see my message and not just make a red herring
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2020
Pelecius:

I will be considering the bolded word. You seem to have issue with why he (and many Christian) believe everything in the Bible but let's see if you will be consistent

Okay, here you still show your disgust for his belief. Claiming he should even be ashamed.
Let's continue to see if you will be consistent with belief being important or not

Now, his belief that you have issues with is now a personal thing.
A good question would be: How is it that you have issues with something that is personal to another person?
Again, you claimed that it is useless when it comes to reality. Now, how can you have issues with that which is useless in reality?

You still made the claim again.
This is why I feel that many are not in pursuit of truth but just show bigotry. You are having issues with a concept (which is common to everyone - theists or atheists) yet you still claim that the concept is useless in reality.
This is an inconsistency as you are concerned with something that you claim (believe?) is useless in reality. Also concerned with something that is personal to people.
I hope you see my message and not just make a red herring

Ok.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Pelecius: 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

Your offpoint point was that people who are well to do, or intelligent, or well informed do not believe in miracles. Then when approached with the reality which is painful for you, especially as even your biological parents and bosses believe, you fallaciously divert to belief not having an effect. Foolish atheists will not be easily left with folly especially if i follow them.
You are just right about your deduction. Many wannabe atheist usually use that lines of "only deluded people believe the Bible" and they tend to back it up by ridiculing miraculous events in the Bible, claiming that such events are impossible. Hence, cannot be true.
Their problem starts with their belief that miracles are not possible events. I call it a belief because they cannot conclusively prove that miracles are impossible events. They must be timeless (to go back in time to be able to know that ALL recorded miraculous events are not miracles or not true), they must be omnipresent (to be able to be AVAILABLE SILMULTANEOUSLY in ALL PLACES to observe all events at the same time) and they must be omniscient (to KNOW ALL THINGS).
Relying on present knowledge to make deduction is a form of belief (which is borrowed from a Christian world view) because know one knows if the characteristics of matter will change in the next instant. One has to believe that it should remain the way it has been observed to be in order to make prediction about it.
Philosophically, most atheists won't be able to stand on their worldview to make many meaningful claims; such as stating that Bible believers are deluded. How can they prove that the statement is true in the first place? They definitely have to believe it.
Again, they can only[b] believe that miracles don't exist[/b]. So it is a thing of belief and not about being informed
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2020
Pelecius:

You are just right about your deduction. Many wannabe atheist usually use that lines of "only deluded people believe the Bible" and they tend to back it up by ridiculing miraculous events in the Bible, claiming that such events are impossible. Hence, cannot be true.
Their problem starts with their belief that miracles are not possible events. I call it a belief because they cannot conclusively prove that miracles are impossible events. They must be timeless (to go back in time to be able to know that ALL recorded miraculous events are not miracles or not true), they must be omnipresent (to be able to be AVAILABLE SILMULTANEOUSLY in ALL PLACES to observe all events at the same time) and they must be omniscient (to KNOW ALL THINGS).
Relying on present knowledge to make deduction is a form of belief (which is borrowed from a Christian world view) because know one knows if the characteristics of matter will change in the next instant. One has to believe that it should remain the way it has been observed to be in order to make prediction about it.
Philosophically, most atheists won't be able to stand on their worldview to make many meaningful claims; such as stating that Bible believers are deluded. How can they prove that the statement is true in the first place? They definitely have to believe it.
Again, they can only[b] believe that miracles don't exist[/b]. So it is a thing of belief and not about being informed

Yes oh brother. You are spot on.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Ok.

He don pick race like devil again. He'll show up when things cool down or in another thread. A child must resemble his father.
Luk 4:13 KJV And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

Have you gone through my posts today?
If you haven't, quickly do so and don't fail to reply all of them. grin

@bolded, you'd have to point out where I said that. grin My comment implies that it's ridiculous to believe that a donkey talked even though it's not possible. So where in my comment did I say, people who believe such don't excel in life? grin

You're the one who said

My experience and belief in the miraculous has not stopped me from being an achiever and in front in every field i have ventured into. Not to boast but i am almost certain you do not have my academic or financial qualifications or capacity.

Lmao... Like, who asked you? grin
I don't remember telling you that you're failure in life because of your beliefs. You're the one who brought it up like I told you that.
You even went ahead to boast about educational and financial qualifications like I asked you. grin
So. You'd have to point out where I called you or anyone a failure for upholding such beliefs.

You could be Dangote/ Bill gates, and believe in Talking donkeys, snakes and flying Unicorns, that doesn't make such belief true, neither does it make it any less of a stupid belief.

That's why I told you that, with all your educational and Financial qualifications, you did not achieve those things by reading your bible, you simply did that by facing reality, which has nothing to do with talking donkeys and snakes.
cheesy You get?
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 9:08pm On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

He don pick race like devil again. He'll show up when things cool down or in another thread. A child must resemble his father.
Luk 4:13 KJV And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.
Lmao...pick race ke? I don't need to reply him.
He will beg for my attention tire.
I no go read ihn post or answer am.
So he's wasting his time.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

Did coward Samuel answer yet as to whether Balaam existed?

Has Sammy coward finally been able to answer this?
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 9:43pm On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

Has Sammy coward finally been able to answer this?

You're in pains, but it's alright. grin
You'll be fine.

Dude has resorted to name calling...
No more lame points to dish out, so it's back to the existence of Balaam? grin
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're in pains, but it's alright. grin
You'll be fine.

Dude has resorted to name calling...
No more lame points to dish out, so it's back to the existence of Balaam? grin

Can you logically explain any reason why i should be in pain? i'm not one with an attention span deficit like you always display with your juvenile tendency to hop from place to place.
Lest you forget yet again, did Balaam exist? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

Can you logically explain any reason why i should be in pain? i'm not one with an attention span deficit like you always display with your juvenile tendency to hop from place to place.
Lest you forget yet again, did Balaam exist? cheesy

Lmao... After going around in circles and after being short of words to say, it's now back to Balaam's existence.
Go and read my initial post, you'll find your answer there.... grin
Baba wan start new argument. grin
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

i'm not one with an attention span deficit like you

Lmao... I'm not the one who mentions someone 10 times a day. Talk about seeking attention. grin
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lmao... After going around in circles and after being short of words to say, it's now back to Balaam's existence.
Go and read my initial post, you'll find your answer there.... grin
Baba wan start new argument. grin

This may remind you. Your memory is very poor.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

This may remind you. Your memory is very poor.

Like I said,. You'll be fine.
When you finally have the time to read my initial post( read and understand), then you'll find your answer.
For now, you can cry yourself to sleep.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lmao... I'm not the one who mentions someone 10 times a day. Talk about seeking attention. grin

Ever heard that thing older people than you say about four fingers pointing back at you when you point one at others? Are you really unaware that you mention me in your posts? SMH
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2020
kingxsamz:
It's not rocket science.
Certain stories/names in the bible were adapted from somewhere or events that actually happened. Same way the Spider-Man movie is based in a real location, (New York) but we can't conclude that a man who shoots spider webs and flies in the air exists.
But I don't expect much from folks who won't read the article but jump into conclusions that a donkey once talked simply because an inscription which contained a name was found.
It's only a brain dead mofo that'll believe a snake and donkey talked simply because a 2000 year old book said so.
But you'll call these same archeologists liars when they show you 'alleged' bone fossils of Dinosaurs. Who is fooling who?

This post? You really mean that you answered in this post whether Balaam existed?
Come oh Samuel, i need to talk with you on a serious note as your emergency G&C before you do your English SSCE. There's work oh.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2020
Image123:

This post? You really mean that you answered in this post whether Balaam existed?
Come oh Samuel, i need to talk with you on a serious note as your emergency G&C before you do your English SSCE. There's work oh.

That is why I said you should read to understand and stop reading to reply. grin grin grin
The post never went against the research, neither did it argue Balaam's existence.
Do you get now?
So asking me if Balaam existed is a question for another day because my post never argued his existence. I hope you read this one with understanding too. grin
Dey calm down sometimes abeg. Everything no be fight. Calm down and read.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Wear White Suits To Cut Costs / TB Joshua Made Childless Couples To Exchange Spouses –ex-worker / Ifeanyi Ogbonna - World Youngest Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.