Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,550 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To (45735 Views)

Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix / Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:15am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

He should love those dying kids in Africa first, then we can talk.

Most of the dying kids are luckier than you. They are likely in Heaven IF God exists, while you are rushing blindly into hell.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 2:17am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

At last you are starting to see your folly, good job. Nobody was talking about Balaam's donkey except you. The topic is about Balaam's possible existence. Balaam is an historical figure, just like the secular figures mentioned. It's like wanting to mention footballers. Of course, a normal person will mention the popular ones that he feels anyone talking about football should know. But you say you don't know Pele, you don't know Messi and Ronaldo, you don't know Maradona. And you are making noise about football. That's a picture of what you are doing, maybe you can relate with that. You must have sense in Jesus name.

grin
Bro, you're not bright at all. You and your flawed logic.
But what if I know Messi, Ronaldo and Pele, but I don't know anything about kante or De gea, does that mean I shouldn't contribute in matters involving football? Can you see that you have no point? Or is football revolved around knowing the popular players? Omo guy your level of reasoning is too low.
And when Someone says Messi existed, is it wrong if another person points out what Messi is known for?
Or can you tell me what Balaam is known for in your bible? Talking donkey right?

The fact that you say one can not drop opinions
On history simply because he doesn't know a popular figure is dumb. Does the whole of history revolve around Ceasar? Mr man think! undecided
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:20am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin
Bro, you're not bright at all. You and your flawed logic.
But what if I know Messi, Ronaldo and Pele, but I don't know anything about kante or De gea, does that mean I shouldn't contribute in matters involving football? Can you see that you have no point? Or is football revolved around knowing the popular players? Omo guy your level of reasoning is too low.
And when Someone says Messi existed, is it wrong if another person points out what Messi is known for?
Or can you tell me what Balaam is known for in your bible? Talking donkey right?

The fact that you say one can not drop opinions
On history simply because he doesn't know a popular figure is dumb. Does the whole of history revolve around Ceasar? Mr man think! undecided

Mention two people that existed 2000 years ago.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 2:21am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

At last you are starting to see your folly, good job. Nobody was talking about Balaam's donkey except you. The topic is about Balaam's possible existence. Balaam is an historical figure, just like the secular figures mentioned. It's like wanting to mention footballers. Of course, a normal person will mention the popular ones that he feels anyone talking about football should know. But you say you don't know Pele, you don't know Messi and Ronaldo, you don't know Maradona. And you are making noise about football. That's a picture of what you are doing, maybe you can relate with that. You must have sense in Jesus name.

Omo see logic. grin
According to our brethren here.
You must know about Messi, Ronaldo and Pele before you can be eligible to talk about football.
As if Ronaldo, Messi and Pele started Football itself.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 2:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

Mention two people that existed 2000 years ago.

Eyah... That argument won't work anymore.
You're looking for something to hold on to as usual.
You should have asked that lame question when you had the chance, rather than jumping into conclusions that I know and believe in the existence of some Aristotle and Ceasar.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 2:27am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

Most of the dying kids are luckier than you. They are likely in Heaven IF God exists, while you are rushing blindly into hell.

Eyah.
Your god has to wait for them to starve to death before he can help them. Lmao.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:29am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Omo see logic. grin
According to our brethren here.
You must know about Messi, Ronaldo and Pele before you can be eligible to talk about football.
As if Ronaldo, Messi and Pele started Football itself.

If you want to talk about historical footballers or football history, you know those popular names. If you want to talk about world history, secular history, you know those popular names. Those who know those popular names don't have any other basic evidence for their history than discoveries similar to what the OP talks about. What class are you exactly? It seems you lack CPU or something.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 2:32am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

If you want to talk about historical footballers or football history, you know those popular names. If you want to talk about world history, secular history, you know those popular names. Those who know those popular names don't have any other basic evidence for their history than discoveries similar to what the OP talks about. What class are you exactly? It seems you lack CPU or something.

grin grin grin
Chai... Oh its no more 'Football' it's now 'football history'.? ..
Do you see why I call you delusional sometimes?
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 2:35am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

My guy don Change narrative. grin
football history ko... Keep switching goal posts.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:36am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Eyah... That argument won't work anymore.
You're looking for something to hold on to as usual.
You should have asked that lame question when you had the chance, rather than jumping into conclusions that I know and believe in the existence of some Aristotle and Ceasar.

No, i am hoping you can finally think. Since you are talking about history and dismissing it. It is only logical to find out the one you know and why. You don't go into the midst of doctors or engineers or lawyers and dismiss what they are saying. They will need to know your credibility and base. Since you dismiss Balaam's existence, who do you believe existed. Very simple and straight forward. You cannot answer because you know it's a checkmate. Hope you know the meaning of checkmate BTW. As soon as you think you have a move, you'd answer. You don't want to learn/know. You just want so much to be right.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:37am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Eyah.
Your god has to wait for them to starve to death before he can help them. Lmao.

You that is full, you don't have any idea how much you are suffering and to suffer.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 2:40am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

And if one doesn't know one of those popular names, anything he says concerning those he knows about is invalid?
Is history about knowing the popular ones? grin
And who's arguing how the history of past people are being discovered with you? undecided
Stop smoking weird substances, you won't hear.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:42am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin grin grin
Chai... Oh its no more 'Football' it's now 'football history'.? ..
Do you see why I call you delusional sometimes?

Do you suffer from ADHD? Your attention span is very short. We have been talking history since page one. Historical figures. Then i tried helping you with football since you showed you don't know secular history. All you can do in return is resort to name calling. Your favourites being clown or delusion.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 2:42am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

No, i am hoping you can finally think. Since you are talking about history and dismissing it. It is only logical to find out the one you know and why. You don't go into the midst of doctors or engineers or lawyers and dismiss what they are saying. They will need to know your credibility and base. Since you dismiss Balaam's existence, who do you believe existed. Very simple and straight forward. You cannot answer because you know it's a checkmate. Hope you know the meaning of checkmate BTW. As soon as you think you have a move, you'd answer. You don't want to learn/know. You just want so much to be right.

If to say you sabi read, or you dey calm down digest information before rushing to comment like who dog dey pursue, you'd know that nowhere in my writeup did I say Balaam never existed.
It's like you're high tonight. grin
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 2:44am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

Do you suffer from ADHD? Your attention span is very short. We have been talking history since page one. Historical figures. Then i tried helping you with football since you showed you don't know secular history. All you can do in return is resort to name calling. Your favourites being clown or delusion.

grin you behave like a clown most times, you're funny and delusional at the same time.
So the name fits you perfectly.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 2:46am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

You that is full, you don't have any idea how much you are suffering and to suffer.

Lol, alright then.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:54am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

And if one doesn't know one of those popular names, anything he says concerning those he knows about is invalid?
Is history about knowing the popular ones? grin
And who's arguing how the history of past people are being discovered with you? undecided
Stop smoking weird substances, you won't hear.

What do you know about? Balaam?
The thread is about the possible existence of Balaam. You tried to dismiss it by fallaciously bringing up talking donkeys. i referred you to secular history where i felt you should have some footing or understanding, you confessed failure. i took you to football which i hoped you will have an idea as a Nigerian male. Then you are changing the narrative and missing the point as is habitual of you. You are the one that doesn't know why i mentioned Aristotle and the Caesars. Because they are historical figures like Balaam.
Same way if you want to talk football history or rather historical figures in football, there are some names that would definitely come up if you know your onions.You have failed to mention any historical personality. It remains a waste of time engaging you in the topic.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:55am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

If to say you sabi read, or you dey calm down digest information before rushing to comment like who dog dey pursue, you'd know that nowhere in my writeup did I say Balaam never existed.
It's like you're high tonight. grin

So Balaam existed?

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:56am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin you behave like a clown most times, you're funny and delusional at the same time.
So the name fits you perfectly.

Those are your favourite resorts when you as often have nothing reasonable to say.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 2:58am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

What do you know about? Balaam?
The thread is about the possible existence of Balaam. You tried to dismiss it by fallaciously bringing up talking donkeys. i referred you to secular history where i felt you should have some footing or understanding, you confessed failure. i took you to football which i hoped you will have an idea as a Nigerian male. Then you are changing the narrative and missing the point as is habitual of you. You are the one that doesn't know why i mentioned Aristotle and the Caesars. Because they are historical figures like Balaam.
Same way if you want to talk football history or rather historical figures in football, there are some names that would definitely come up if you know your onions.You have failed to mention any historical personality. It remains a waste of time engaging you in the topic.

You're the one confusing yourself here oga.
And I refuse to go in circles with you. cheesy
What particular event is Balaam known for in your bible?
If you can answer that, then we can continue this convo.
Till then, cry yourself to sleep.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Imefonukoenin11: 3:00am On Sep 28, 2020
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 3:01am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

You're the one confusing yourself here oga.
And I refuse to go in circles with you. cheesy
What particular event is Balaam known for in your bible?
If you can answer that, then we can continue this convo.
Till then, cry yourself to sleep.

Trying to curse the children of Israel but ending up blessing them. Again i answer that because you don't know, not because of a conversation. Who knows how long you have imaginary conversations with yourself like in the first page.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 3:10am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

Trying to curse the children of Israel but ending up blessing them. Again i answer that because you don't know, not because of a conversation. Who knows how long you have imaginary conversations with yourself like in the first page.

Lmao, how did you skip the main part of that story in which he was confronted by an Angel? cheesy
I'm talking about the part he's known for. Even in religious children's books, that Balaam's part is illustrated to show Balaam's encounter with an Angel.
Why you dey dodge am?
grin
Abi did Balaam just change his mind and decided to bless them?
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 4:53am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lmao, how did you skip the main part of that story in which he was confronted by an Angel? cheesy
I'm talking about the part he's known for. Even in religious children's books, that Balaam's part is illustrated to show Balaam's encounter with an Angel.
Why you dey dodge am?
grin
Abi did Balaam just change his mind and decided to bless them?

You're obviously mentally disturbed. You asked for what Balaam is known for and you have been told. There is no part of Balaam's story to dodge including the doctrine of Balaam, the way of Balaam or the error of Balaam. If the donkey part strikes you most, good for you. It doesn't mean everyone must share your inanities. Like i have told you several times, every thing happened just the way it's recorded. Don't hang yourself over it. God is a miracle working God. My surprise so far is your showing less sense than your fantasy donkey.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by sonofElElyon: 5:23am On Sep 28, 2020
he's popular because he is appreciated for his posts which people find valuable..

his posts are seen as impactful by a large number of nairalanders...

He is valued..

but not everyone sees it that way and you are entitled to your opinion.. but insulting him, I repeat, is not the way to go..

kingxsamz:

grin He should keep being popular on Nairaland while the world is moving forward and everyone cheering him on keep laying foundations for their future as he drowns in delusions about the world ending anytime soon.

Why don't you do the same thing na?
Join him and keep fishing for threads which will grace front page.

Lmao, dude said he's popular on Nairaland. As if popularity on Nairaland is something to celebrate.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Palehair: 8:09am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

In some quarters, this phenomenon is called seeing apparitions. It's common with schizophrenic people. They see the unusual. Bro, it's time you did medical and lab test. A stitch in time still saves nine.
I'm not the only one man
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 9:01am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

So Balaam existed?

You can expect the coward Samuel not to answer this still. He's only here to play to the gallery.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 10:09am On Sep 28, 2020
sonofElElyon:
he's popular because he is appreciated for his posts which people find valuable..

his posts are seen as impactful by a large number of nairalanders...

He is valued..

but not everyone sees it that way and you are entitled to your opinion.. but insulting him, I repeat, is not the way to go..

His posts is an eyesore to others also, have you thought about that? undecided
Many people appreciate his posts because they are Christians, so you'd find it convenient.
But you wouldn't be saying the same thing if someone who worships and serves Satan spams all the threads on Nairaland screaming you should accept Satan. I'm sure about that.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 10:12am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

You're obviously mentally disturbed. You asked for what Balaam is known for and you have been told. There is no part of Balaam's story to dodge including the doctrine of Balaam, the way of Balaam or the error of Balaam. If the donkey part strikes you most, good for you. It doesn't mean everyone must share your inanities. Like i have told you several times, every thing happened just the way it's recorded. Don't hang yourself over it. God is a miracle working God. My surprise so far is your showing less sense than your fantasy donkey.

Because that donkey part sounds absurd right? grin
See how you're avoiding it, like a plaque. Or are you ashamed of your so called holy book?
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by sonofElElyon: 10:56am On Sep 28, 2020
I would have issues with it and address the issues, not say he is jobless..

That's the point..

And of course the Satan worshipper or his fellow worshipper can reply as well if he has a superior argument..

kingxsamz:

His posts is an eyesore to others also, have you thought about that? undecided
Many people appreciate his posts because they are Christians, so you'd find it convenient.
But you wouldn't be saying the same thing if someone who worships and serves Satan spams all the threads on Nairaland screaming you should accept Satan. I'm sure about that.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by musicwriter(m): 11:00am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

History has huge elements of belief. That is why there is a word called "mythology". What some call mythology are usually what some other BELIEVE to be history. See for instance your brother Samuel does not believe that the Caesars existed or Aristotle. Meaning he is not convinced there was a Roman empire or maybe the Greek empire. But you cherish the books that write about them. The same way other people believe and cherish the books that write about others. There is no monopoly of books or reference to books. i hope i don't need to insult you by reminding you that Moses has books written by him. You're certainly not that old or slow. And if you think the names of Bible characters are only found in the Bible or that your cherished literature are more authentic books than the Bible, then you are not even as knowledgeable as i hoped.
You are basing your belief and history in books. And you think you're smarter than others who based their belief and history in another book. You must be very funny in real life.

Mythology is not history, rather its an ancient story used to explain abstract concepts. Example; you read in your bible of snake talking to Eve or donkey talking to Balaam or Satan talking to Job. But that's the way ancient people wrote. It does not mean there was a real snake or real Eve or real donkey or real Balaam or real Job or real Satan. Its just mythology meant to teach something. Unfortunately, Europeans misinterpreted them as literal in your bible, so that the message the ancient people were trying to pass has been lost in religious dogmatism.

In African mythology, you hear of the wise tortoise who always outsmart other people or other animals to marry a kings daughter or to win some awards. It does not mean there was ever a wise tortoise or a king or a daughter to be married. Its mythology meant to explain abstract concepts. Again, that's the way ancient people wrote.

The problem is that you Christians have refused to grow up, so you believe your bible mythology is history. The white man has actually convinced you in the bible that a tortoise married a human being!. Its like an African believing there was a smart tortoise that married a kings daughter in ancient time. That's how childish and dumb it is to believe in most bible stories.

@kingxsamz never told you that Julius Caesar or Aristotle existed or not. He simply told you the truth that he doesn't know. But it doesn't change the history because as I said in my previous post, your belief has no impact on history.

The books by both Julius Caesar and Aristotle were written by themselves, not what people wrote about them. Julius Caesar wrote his Gallic wars after returning from war. Aristotle wrote most of his books in Egypt after Alexander the so called great invaded Egypt and brought in Greek settlers. You can't say that of anybody in the bible; expect Paul. However, researchers say Paul wrote just about 5 or 6 books. The only epistles that bible scholars consider authentic are Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Philippians, 1 Thessalonians, and Philemon. The rest of so called letters by Paul are letters manufactured by the Roman empire in the name of Paul to impress upon the early Christians to obey certain rules.

Moses did not write Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy. Researchers say the books were written over thousands of years by so many authors. Example; Moses died in the book of Exodus when the bible god said he won't get to the promised land but miraculously he wrote Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy after he died. How come?

Don't believe. Research it. The age of BELIEVING is gone. We're in the age of KNOWING.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by musicwriter(m): 11:10am On Sep 28, 2020
For anybody who wants to set themselves free, the man below was born into a Christian family, in fact, in a church. Both his father and mother are pastors. But when he grew up he decided to research Christianity after he saw an online post like this. Watch below how he freed his mind. Its in episodes of up to 20 videos. Watch from 1.0 to 2.6.

How I freed myself from religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOmSYHzeoNA&list=PLA0C3C1D163BE880A

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Illegal Abortion: Stephanie Otobo Petitions Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / Salvation Ministries Collapse: 10 Persons Dead, 8 Rescued / Let's Talk About Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.