Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To (45732 Views)

Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix / Apostle Suleman Reacts To New Nigerian Passport With 'Herdsmen' Inscription / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 9:50pm On Sep 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

cheesy
You love being delusional. Na your way.
Read the title of this thread again and tell me you don't see "Balaam, whose donkey talked" written boldly. Clown.

This certifies your clownship. You don't judge a book by its cover. i have consistently referred you to the OP(original post or opening post), not to thread title. You can make anything as thread title, even your name. But what the OP talks about is the possible proof of Balaam's existence because some people 2800years ago write of him as existing. Something along that line. There was no attempt to prove or show that his donkey talked. Thanks be to God, the joker is starting to differentiate between plural and singular. Well let's not rejoice yet, but still in everything thank God for you.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin grin

Couldn't even keep up in one lane in a conversation. Started mentioning Ceasars...
Wetin concern Ceasars concern talking donkey? grin

You mean you are still on this conversation? Eleyi gidi gaan o
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:

This certifies your clownship. You don't judge a book by its cover. i have consistently referred you to the OP(original post or opening post), not to thread title. You can make anything as thread title, even your name. But what the OP talks about is the possible proof of Balaam's existence because some people 2800years ago write of him as existing. Something along that line. There was no attempt to prove or show that his donkey talked. Thanks be to God, the joker is starting to differentiate between plural and singular. Well let's not rejoice yet, but still in everything thank God for you.

Clown.
Why are you trying to make it look like you don't believe that Balaam's Donkey talked to him?
Or is it because it sounds outrageous? cheesy
Why are you trying to dismiss that part?
You were even pointless and couldn't address my initial post and you started making assumptions about some Ceasars and Roman empire.
Like what's the correlation? grin

Or don't you believe Balaam's donkey talked anymore?
Are you ashamed you'll be called delusional if you claim you believed that actually happened? cheesy
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2020
musicwriter:

That's not why people believe in Julius Caesar or Aristotle and co, rather its because they were real historical figure who lived in time and space here on earth.

Julius Caesar died on March 15th, 44 BC, so here you have the exact date and year quoted by many sources. Caesar also wrote a book called the Gallic Wars.

Same with Aristotle. Aristotle was born in 385 BC. He died in year 322 BC. Here you have real year of death of a real person. What more? Aristotle wrote so many books too many to mention. Its said he wrote more than 1000 books, though, I personally don't believe he alone wrote all of them. But that's a different story. Important books by Aristotle include Metafisica (Metaphysics), The Nicomachean, Rhethoric, etc.

All information is in the public domain.

Lol, what kind of entertainment is this one again tonight bai?
Listen to yourself again with earpiece. "People believe in Caesar and Aristotle because they were real historical figure who lived in time and space here on earth".

People like you are usually too deaf to hear themselves in this case so lemme help you heal your deafness. Ephatha, now listen to me. "i believe in Jesus, Moses, Noah and Adam because they were real historical figure who lived in time and space here on earth." Yes, good job. i know you heard me. That's exactly how you sound.

Permit me to help you though, we have said the same thing. Many people believe that old historical figures are real or existed just because they saw their works, writings, sculptures, writings about them etc. This is what i said when i wrote it is just things like this that make you believe that Caesar, Aristotle and co existed.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

Clown.
Why are you trying to make it look like you don't believe that Balaam's Donkey talked to him?
Or is it because it sounds outrageous? cheesy
Why are you trying to dismiss that part?
You were even pointless and couldn't address my initial post and you started making assumptions about some Ceasars and Roman empire.
Like what's the correlation? grin

Or don't you believe Balaam's donkey talked anymore?
Are you ashamed you'll be called delusional if you claim you believed that actually happened? cheesy

i was clear enough but perhaps you have started drinking or using. The OP wasn't talking about the things you were having fits about. i simply pointed you back on track, on what the OP was saying. Only for you to say that you don't know about Caesars or the Roman empire. Those are historical events and figures that scholars believe happened. And they don't have further proof than these types of archaeological discoveries, scrolls, fragments, writings, sculptures and statues. These are the basic things they use to show history. That is why in line with the OP i say "It is just things like this that make you believe that Caesar, Aristotle and co existed. But here you are almost having an epileptic fit because a Bible name is mentioned.smh"

You are the one having a soliloquy about talking donkeys and snakes. Nobody on the thread is having fits on talking donkeys and snakes. i have told you before, if you want to discuss or ask anything on the Bible, i am readily available for you. Just call me ehn, or create a thread. But the consistent habit of littering threads like a five year old, bringing up what nobody is talking about, throwing tantrums about God in different sections asides the Religion section. i cannot descend so low. Do things properly, more matured, reasonably and in order. i believe in God and in the Bible 100%. You are too insignificant to make me ashamed of God.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:

i was clear enough but perhaps you have started drinking or using. The OP wasn't talking about the things you were having fits about. i simply pointed you back on track, on what the OP was saying. Only for you to say that you don't know about Caesars or the Roman empire. Those are historical events and figures that scholars believe happened. And they don't have further proof than these types of archaeological discoveries, scrolls, fragments, writings, sculptures and statues. These are the basic things they use to show history. That is why in line with the OP i say "It is just things like this that make you believe that Caesar, Aristotle and co existed. But here you are almost having an epileptic fit because a Bible name is mentioned.smh"

You are the one having a soliloquy about talking donkeys and snakes. Nobody on the thread is having fits on talking donkeys and snakes. i have told you before, if you want to discuss or ask anything on the Bible, i am readily available for you. Just call me ehn, or create a thread. But the consistent habit of littering threads like a five year old, bringing up what nobody is talking about, throwing tantrums about God in different sections asides the Religion section. i cannot descend so low. Do things properly, more matured, reasonably and in order. i believe in God and in the Bible 100%. You are too insignificant to make me ashamed of God.

Why that part dey disturb you now?
Did the donkey talk or not? grin
If the article is referring to the Balaam in the bible, would it be wrong to mention the event which he is known for?
And we both know why you mentioned Ceasars and Aristotle, because you were expecting me to say I believe they existed. Sadly I didn't fall for it and you realized your mistake and started looking for something else to hold on to...
You need to stop lying to yourself and
Stop taking Strange substances, you won't hear. Now look. grin
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:
These are the basic things they use to show history. That is why in line with the OP i say "It is just things like this that make you believe that Caesar, Aristotle and co existed. But here you are almost having an epileptic fit because a Bible name is mentioned.smh"

What are you on tonight? cheesy
And where did you get that conclusion from?
You have said it before and you're still saying it again.
How did you come to the conclusion that I know about Aristotle, let alone believe their existence?
Maybe if you stopped chasing and following me about, or stopped quoting me 10 times per day on Nairaland, perhaps you'd think straight. grin
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:
. But the consistent habit of littering threads like a five year old, bringing up what nobody is talking about, throwing tantrums about God in different sections asides the Religion section. i cannot descend so low. Do things properly, more matured, reasonably and in order. i believe in God and in the Bible 100%. You are too insignificant to make me ashamed of God.
Lmao.
You'll still see more of my posts untill you cry yourself to sleep one day.
If I was insignificant to you, you won't follow me everywhere. Even food section. Nawa grin
I wonder what you'll do if I quit Nairaland.
Anyways, keep the same energy when Righteousness89 does the same by spamming threads all over the forum. Clown.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by musicwriter(m): 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:

Lol, what kind of entertainment is this one again tonight bai?
Listen to yourself again with earpiece. "People believe in Caesar and Aristotle because they were real historical figure who lived in time and space here on earth".

People like you are usually too deaf to hear themselves in this case so lemme help you heal your deafness. Ephatha, now listen to me. "i believe in Jesus, Moses, Noah and Adam because they were real historical figure who lived in time and space here on earth." Yes, good job. i know you heard me. That's exactly how you sound.

Permit me to help you though, we have said the same thing. Many people believe that old historical figures are real or existed just because they saw their works, writings, sculptures, writings about them etc. This is what i said when i wrote it is just things like this that make you believe that Caesar, Aristotle and co existed.

In history or even when talking about factual events in general, its not about believing. Your belief has no impact on history.

Julius Caesar and Aristotle existed and I provided you reference to books written by themselves in their time. So, its not about believing.

On the contrary, there's no HISTORICAL proof that Jesus, Moses, Noah and Adam ever existed. You'll never be able to provide proof that Jesus, Moses, Noah and Adam was a real person outside of your bible. These characters only exist as a story in the bible, just like fantasy in any other work of literature. These are not my words, rather Jewish scholars themselves said so.

Jewish Researchers: There's no evidence for Noah, Abraham, Moses, Isaac, ETC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5RfScpEcZ8

2 Likes

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by sonofElElyon: 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
It's bull crap to you doesn't mean it's bull crap to everyone else..

To be quite honest with you he is popular on nairaland and you know it so stop hating!

Let him be..

kingxsamz:

Well, if he won't stop spamming threads with his religious bullcrap, he should take whatever that comes with it. Why are you pained on his behalf?
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by uchennamani(m): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
okafor200:

uchenna you must be a crazy person!
people like you are meant to be striped and raped

baba olowo
Anumanu.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
sonofElElyon:
It's bull crap to you doesn't mean it's bull crap to everyone else..

To be quite honest with you he is popular on nairaland and you know it so stop hating!

Let him be..

grin He should keep being popular on Nairaland while the world is moving forward and everyone cheering him on keep laying foundations for their future as he drowns in delusions about the world ending anytime soon.

Why don't you do the same thing na?
Join him and keep fishing for threads which will grace front page.

Lmao, dude said he's popular on Nairaland. As if popularity on Nairaland is something to celebrate.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
musicwriter:

In history or even when talking about factual events in general, its not about believing. Your belief has no impact on history.

Julius Caesar and Aristotle existed and I provided you reference to books written by themselves in their time. So, its not about believing.

On the contrary, there's no HISTORICAL proof that Jesus, Moses, Noah and Adam ever existed. You'll never be able to provide proof that Jesus, Moses, Noah and Adam was a real person outside of your bible. These characters only exist as a story in the bible, just like fantasy in any other work of literature. These are not my words, rather Jewish scholars themselves said so.

Lol, if those characters actually existed, he wouldn't need faith to believe.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
Macsjebs:

But if I popular like the guy, go dey make bad sales sha,
Bros, I wan tell u one thing, make I send pm
Lol, at least your own go dey bring you money.
The only way that other guy can make money is if he opens church. grin
Send pm.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, at least your own go dey bring you money.
The only way that other guy can make money is if he opens church. grin
Send pm.
He is our Pastor o, a church under Chosen Ministries
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 11:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
Macsjebs:

He is our Pastor o, a church under Chosen Ministries

grin grin
I used to be a member back in the day.
Lord's chosen.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by gidimafia: 12:05am On Sep 28, 2020
but last last balaam still die..na who donkey con dave
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 12:48am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Why that part dey disturb you now?
Did the donkey talk or not? grin
If the article is referring to the Balaam in the bible, would it be wrong to mention the event which he is known for?
And we both know why you mentioned Ceasars and Aristotle, because you were expecting me to say I believe they existed. Sadly I didn't fall for it and you realized your mistake and started looking for something else to hold on to...
You need to stop lying to yourself and
Stop taking Strange substances, you won't hear. Now look. grin

You obviously refused to have sense, like a goat. But you must have sense by force. i don't want a senseless Samuel. The article refers to the possible existence of Balaam, not whether his donkey talked or not. Your claim is that people would think or believe that donkeys talk because of the OP. It is totally off point. No one is trying to prove that a donkey talked, that's currently impossible to prove. It's like attempting to prove that your ancestors had a bath. We can only believe or assume so, we cannot prove it. But it doesn't mean it never happened. Even the words you spoke last week, we cannot prove you said them except it was recorded.
BTW, i mentioned the Caesars, Aristotle and co because they are historical figures people believe existed. Or you were expecting Orunmila? i was not expecting or interested in your fall. i am interested in your having sense and thinking before you talk. Have sense.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 12:59am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

What are you on tonight? cheesy
And where did you get that conclusion from?
You have said it before and you're still saying it again.
How did you come to the conclusion that I know about Aristotle, let alone believe their existence?
Maybe if you stopped chasing and following me about, or stopped quoting me 10 times per day on Nairaland, perhaps you'd think straight. grin

Every properly educated person knows them or have read about them. If we talk about names of people and events that occurred thousands of years ago, asides bible figures and some myth characters, these are the people that normal people readily "agree" existed. So when you claim not to know them, it is simple proof you don't know history. You don't know general secular history but you want to run mouth when others talk. You lack what it takes to.

1 Like

Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Exodora: 1:09am On Sep 28, 2020
Studied German language actually read this story in my second year from a 18, 19 and 20th century history . Almost all the stories in the Bible especially the dead bone that rose again .
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 1:09am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lmao.
You'll still see more of my posts untill you cry yourself to sleep one day.
If I was insignificant to you, you won't follow me everywhere. Even food section. Nawa grin
I wonder what you'll do if I quit Nairaland.
Anyways, keep the same energy when Righteousness89 does the same by spamming threads all over the forum. Clown.

Samuel, you registered your nairaland account in 2017. That is almost 10years after i registered mine. Do you think at all before you talk? If you quit nairaland or the world itself, you quit for yourself. Don't overrate yourself. Take correction and become matured. You're getting older.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 1:14am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

Every properly educated person knows them or have read about them. If we talk about names of people and events that occurred thousands of years ago, asides bible figures and some myth characters, these are the people that normal people readily "agree" existed. So when you claim not to know them, it is simple proof you don't know history. You don't know general secular history but you want to run mouth when others talk. You lack what it takes to.

Oga you don't have a point.
Because you know it automatically means everybody should know it?
I'm very sure most people just know the name but can't really say who he was or what he did.
You're just giving lame excuses.
And you can't even read to understand, that's your problem.
Your own na to dey reply.
I wasn't even claiming that a Balaam didn't exist. It is believed that this Balaam's Donkey talked, and that's what I was referring to. Then you came with your Ceasars cock and bull opinion.

Lol, baba said secular history.
Many people don't even know their own history talk more of a Ceasars in some foreign country.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by kingxsamz(m): 1:18am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

Samuel, you registered your nairaland account in 2017. That is almost 10years after i registered mine. Do you think at all before you talk? If you quit nairaland or the world itself, you quit for yourself. Don't overrate yourself. Take correction and become matured. You're getting older.

Maybe I should quit sef, if that would make you stop stalking me. You'd probably look for someone else to chase up and down.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 1:23am On Sep 28, 2020
musicwriter:

History has huge elements of belief. That is why there is a word called "mythology". What some call mythology are usually what some other BELIEVE to be history. See for instance your brother Samuel does not believe that the Caesars existed or Aristotle. Meaning he is not convinced there was a Roman empire or maybe the Greek empire. But you cherish the books that write about them. The same way other people believe and cherish the books that write about others. There is no monopoly of books or reference to books. i hope i don't need to insult you by reminding you that Moses has books written by him. You're certainly not that old or slow. And if you think the names of Bible characters are only found in the Bible or that your cherished literature are more authentic books than the Bible, then you are not even as knowledgeable as i hoped.
You are basing your belief and history in books. And you think you're smarter than others who based their belief and history in another book. You must be very funny in real life.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 1:30am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Oga you don't have a point.
Because you know it automatically means everybody should know it?
I'm very sure most people just know the name but can't really say who he was or what he did.
You're just giving lame excuses.
And you can't even read to understand, that's your problem.
Your own na to dey reply.
I wasn't even claiming that a Balaam didn't exist. It is believed that this Balaam's Donkey talked, and that's what I was referring to. Then you came with your Ceasars cock and bull opinion.

Lol, baba said secular history.
Many people don't even know their own history talk more of a Ceasars in some foreign country.

At last you are starting to see your folly, good job. Nobody was talking about Balaam's donkey except you. The topic is about Balaam's possible existence. Balaam is an historical figure, just like the secular figures mentioned. It's like wanting to mention footballers. Of course, a normal person will mention the popular ones that he feels anyone talking about football should know. But you say you don't know Pele, you don't know Messi and Ronaldo, you don't know Maradona. And you are making noise about football. That's a picture of what you are doing, maybe you can relate with that. You must have sense in Jesus name.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 1:48am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Maybe I should quit sef, if that would make you stop stalking me. You'd probably look for someone else to chase up and down.

Are you a loser? They said winners don't quit. cheesy i don't stalk you, the follow button is available for me to curb your excesses at will. You are FREE to ignore, though i hear that one heaps load on the inner man.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 1:58am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

How did you know the guy believes the big bang theory?
undecided
That's the same thing your colleague did up there, claiming that I know Ceasars and believe he existed .

i assumed you were educated enough to know Caesar. It is spelt Caesar not Ceasar. And the 's' there is plural. The Caesars were the kings or emperors of Rome. Just like we say Emir, or Oba or Pharaoh. So forgive my assumption, it was a wrong assessment, i thought you knew better/more.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:01am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

As usual, you guys are pointless.
You can never argue using logic.
Small point I gave you, you're telling me about something irrelevant.

Do you ever use your reasoning when talking about religion? i hope to see you use that brain more. It will be a rare feat.
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:05am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

And besides, several stories in the bible can also be found in other religions.

An inscription was found containing a name, nothing else.
No where did it state a talking donkey.

But THIS is what i have been telling you for two days now, but you insisted it is the conversation. SMH
Re: 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To by Image123(m): 2:11am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:

Common sense would tell you that the story was based on someone who actually existed. But the other claim that this someone's Donkey talked like a human is what the research has failed to prove.
Or are we really arguing that Animals can talk like humans? undecided
So if someone writes a book about how Hitler had super powers, with no witness whatsoever to support the claim, it automatically proves that Hitler had super powers?
Make una dey reason sometimes. undecided

It seems someone stole your handle here, or you have an alter persona, hopefully not possessed in the sense many know it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Illegal Abortion: Stephanie Otobo Petitions Against Apostle Johnson Suleman / Salvation Ministries Collapse: 10 Persons Dead, 8 Rescued / Let's Talk About Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.