Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,053 members, 7,818,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha (6243 Views)

Nampak To Build $100m Glass Factory In Nigeria / Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha / Nafdac Discovers Fake Brewery In Zaria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by chino11(m): 3:03pm On Mar 02, 2011
china_kobo:

Thats a welcome development for Anambra state. This will up competition in beverages and will surely see other brands sitting up. Kudos peter obi. Though Awka is still upside down in terms of infrastructural developments like access roads to streets, street lights, potable water and public relaxation spots.

If you don't know Awka too well , then shut-up your trash. Awka is a modern city with the most modern architecture with street light on the major roads and street ,it has best hospitality and relaxation you can see East of the Niger.
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by tlops(m): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2011
shayo for boys,
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by sley4life(m): 8:20pm On Mar 02, 2011
enuff beer
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 03, 2011
chino11:

If you don't know Awka too well , then shut-up your trash. Awka is a modern city with the most modern architecture with street light on the major roads and street ,it has best hospitality and relaxation you can see East of the Niger.
please stop the glorifying!
I live in onitsha here and i know awka as well as you do!
That city is even the least to compare with other capital city around the state name it Enugu,Asaba even owerri,pls dnt argue this!
I actually respect ur view 4 you are trying to defend your city cheesy
and actually the city is nicer than before.
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 03, 2011
sley4life:

enuff beer
yes!!! grin
do you know that the easiest nd atimes favourable business that you can open here is a BEAR PARLOUR they consume beer as if its water in addition to NKWUBI nd ISIEWU especially in the weekend nd my uncle is also a victim of that grin cheesy
yet it doesnt deprive them their hardwork hustling hustling !
The company gonna make it!
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by chino11(m): 9:11am On Mar 03, 2011
Toaskarity:

That city is even the least to compare with other capital city around the state name it Enugu,Asaba even owerri,pls dnt argue this!
I actually respect your view 4 you are trying to defend your city cheesy

I will not join issues with people without the fore-knowledge of development. Probably you are a trader,
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by asamuel: 11:54am On Mar 03, 2011
Onitsha elemu!!!!
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by asamuel: 11:55am On Mar 03, 2011
Uncle Peter would have gone for palmwine refinery.
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2011
chino11:

I will not join issues with people without the fore-knowledge of development. Probably you are a trader,
embarassed embarassed i m not.
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 04, 2011
I think that this is a wake up call to Guiness Nigeria PLC and Nigerian Breweries to sit up or brace up for stiff competition from SABMiller.Let us watch and see.
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by medjai(m): 11:56am On Mar 04, 2011
Oooooooooooose!!! More jobs = more money = more shayo. I really miss living in the East. Back then, every Sunday, shayo unlimited.
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by chino11(m): 8:53am On Mar 05, 2011
Toaskarity:

embarassed embarassed i m not.

lol

Toaskarity:

I actually respect your view 4 you are trying to defend your city cheesy

|Asaba cannot even compete with Nnewi not to talk of Awka where you have UN-Habitat masterplan and major infrastructural development,
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by Abagworo(m): 9:32am On Mar 05, 2011
chino11:

lol

|Asaba cannot even compete with Nnewi not to talk of Awka where you have UN-Habitat masterplan and major infrastructural development,

You seem either not to have left Awka in you entire life or you have never visited Awka.

Asaba is advanced and modern.Awka just got 1 or 2 dualized road recently done by Peter Obi administration while Nnewi has no dualized road.

Stop the lies.Onitsha though disorganized and dirty is still more developed than Awka and Nnewi.

@topic.Though there is rumor going round that Peter Obi owns the company, we should still give him kudos for investing back home.If we Igbos emulate Peter Obi and invest home,Anambra with its money-bags will be an industrial hub of West Africa.
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by wesley80(m): 9:54am On Mar 05, 2011
Abagworo:

@topic.Though there is rumor going round that Peter Obi owns the company, we should still give him kudos for investing back home.If we Igbos emulate Peter Obi and invest home,Anambra with its money-bags will be an industrial hub of West Africa.

Peter Obi doesnt "OWN" SABMiller. Thats a fact you can take to the bank!
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by Abagworo(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2011
wesley80:

Peter Obi doesnt "OWN" SABMiller. Thats a fact you can take to the bank!

"Own" is quite extreme if total ownership was meant but he might actually own some stakes.
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by chino11(m): 10:47pm On Mar 05, 2011
Abagworo:

You seem either not to have left Awka in you entire life or you have never visited Awka.

Asaba is advanced and modern.Awka just got 1 or 2 dualized road recently done by Peter Obi administration while Nnewi has no dualized road.

Stop the lies.Onitsha though disorganized and dirty is still more developed than Awka and Nnewi.

LOL what made asaba advanced? Is it high level of prostitution or the govt run brothels in asaba? You have just exposed your ignorance. How many dualised roads are in Asaba if its not 1 or 2. In terms of infrastructural development Asaba is not even up Udoka & Iyi-agu estates in Awka put together. Am sure you are from delta I know that warri is the dirtiest and most disorganised town in Nigeria with its attendants militants and kidnappers
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 06, 2011
chino11:

lol

no!! U are wrong. Ofcourse i have been to these three cities infact i schooled @ bishop crowther sem. Awka may be i knw the city more than u and which un masterplan? There is plan for awka,onitsha and nnewi bt no money 2 implement it so auto matically d same as other cities.
Mind you i'm a proud anambarian bt it doesnt call 4 lie!
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by Metalgoong(m): 5:57am On Mar 06, 2011
Toaskarity:

no!! U are wrong. Ofcourse i have been to these three cities infact i schooled @ bishop crowther sem. Awka may be i knw the city more than u and which un masterplan? There is plan for awka,onitsha and nnewi bt no money 2 implement it so auto matically d same as other cities.

That you are an Anambra man doesnt give you the d mandamus to throw around bare faced lies about AWka. Thanks!!!
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by chino11(m): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2011
Toaskarity:

Maybe your talking of 10yrs back. We are talking of Awka of 2011 which presently has organised, decent, dirty-free and planned neighborhoods from Udoka to Abuja to Iyi-Agu Estates its the same organisation. Asaba does not have such organised and planned neighborhoods except that one single fed. high way passed thru the town with one-sided physical development on the right hand side of town. New serene face of Awka has continued to attract investors from within and beyond compare.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/apr/20/national-20-04-2010-022.htm

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/mobile/newsextra/11937.html
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 06, 2011
Metalgoong:

That you are an Anambra man doesnt give you the d mandamus to throw around bare faced lies about AWka. Thanks!!!
which lies Or was the masterplan implemented Pls stop!!!

@chino through ur comment i see u only by pass asaba yet ofcourse very neat unlike its awka expressway nd 2ru ur link i observe u are now diverting to industries ecet,
And by the way i says about the masterplan nt implementd bt u divert 2 another thing y?
i rest my case brother cheesy
so 4get abt replying.
Re: SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha by bashr4: 2:09am On Mar 13, 2011
abeg awka is a nice serene city except that unizik junction both right and left of the express. i miss the east jare especially weekends eastern boys too like enjoyment, nkwobi, suya point and kill plus the mami water igbo chicks choii ,olingo unlimited

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: The Facts, The Fiction / South West Speakers Meet Over Insecurity In The Region / Fayose’s Govt Left N57b Unpaid Workers’ Salaries, Pension Arrears, Says Fayemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.