Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing (71388 Views)

You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography / My Husband Left Us / I Confessed To Our Househelp Before She Left Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by lexander(m): 6:40am On Sep 29, 2020
merieam16:
U dey mind them ni, women av nt suffered and will never suffer unless u choose to suffer in their hands
you mean like the way my elder brother's ex-gf came back to him after abandoning him for another man getting married and having 3 kids for said man. They've been dating for 4 years she just came to visit her one day and gave him her wedding invitation but Now she's that her marriage is in shambles she's wants him back (she left her kids with her mom). The thing is he has already accepted him against the better advice of my mom and other family members. So yes men are just as forgiving as women and no sex is better than the other.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Olusegun345: 6:55am On Sep 29, 2020
Take life easy
Many people are in similar situation
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Chanchit: 6:55am On Sep 29, 2020
Zzor:
where is the feminism in my comment,stop the hate already

If I were to go by the comment you made, it is fair enough. But then, I've seen many of your comments on threads like this and they are most times biased. That's why I do not look forward to seeing your comments.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by AKNDBC(m): 6:57am On Sep 29, 2020
You have demonstrated a matured mind with all your story. However, i will like to ask you one simple question and you later ask the man the same question. For the past eight years , does it mean you do not have any man you are dating or intend to marry ? If the answer is positive, i will advice you to go with the fellow and leave this young man. but if your answer is negative, you can give him a second chance on the condition he has not married or engaged with someone. That is my own opinion about the matter.

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by ailenmen: 7:00am On Sep 29, 2020
Hmmmm this ur matter is a serious one oh,but some times .but my question is he left u all these years ,what has he be doing ? And he now came back AFTER 8 good years with out even phone call or letter from him asking of even his son, and how u suffer to feed and cloth him . cry lipsrsealed .
Well I tink u still have love him. But no money how can he manage with marriage trouble?

My own ,is if he is ready is to help his stand on his own by assist to get him a job and observe him if he is or will be a good husband u tink before u jump into marring him .cos once u are in its difficult to come out ....
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Chanchit: 7:02am On Sep 29, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Which husband? What qualifies him as a husband? He simply donated his sperm pls.

If a nigga can't be there for you when it's rough, when you need him the most, then that nigga does not deserve nothing when things are cool.

What qualified him to be a husband is the woman that still sees him as one. I will never do such to someone's daughter. But it's not as easy as you see it. I've seen worse cases than this which they find a way to reconcile. That's why they say e hard to put mouth couple's issue.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Dynamite789: 7:03am On Sep 29, 2020
The question you should ask yourself is... it he has been very successful and rich after leaving you, Whould he have come back?

If you convince yourself that the answer is yes, then take him back. But if NO. Please throw him out. Because if you help him back on his feet? He may still abandoned you again

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by smyo(m): 7:03am On Sep 29, 2020
Try to know what he has been passing through all the whole 8yrs first, because he may be passing through hell also, you tried sha, but find a way to forgive and stand by him to build up again
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Milant22(m): 7:04am On Sep 29, 2020
Pls just try to study him because he not be that man you know b/4,but for money issue is God that gives money, just if his the same man forgive him
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by mmadu4: 7:12am On Sep 29, 2020
Forget that deadbeat of a man . Follow your instincts

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by lielbree: 7:14am On Sep 29, 2020
abouzaid:
If this story is real, don't hesitate to accept him back, not only do you have a child for him but he's the devil that you know. He sounds like a solid guy too. That he walked out on you then might be because he has too much on his mind then. I did just that after graduating with extra year, family financial problem and many other things going on then.I just dropped everything and everybody and focused on myself then. It wasn't a bad decision. I guess many Nigerian young men are prone to such early life crisis.
Solid guy that abandoned his child for 8years

8years!!! He is a con man. Let him hustle, get a source of income, get a place then he will kick her and her child again.

2 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by lielbree: 7:15am On Sep 29, 2020
Dynamite789:
The question you should ask yourself is... it he has been very successful and rich after leaving you, Whould he have come back?

If you convince yourself that the answer is yes, then take him back. But if NO. Please throw him out. Because if you help him back on his feet? He may still abandoned you again

Best comment!
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by lielbree: 7:17am On Sep 29, 2020
Op your guy is down now. When he stands on his feet again, he will throw you and your child out.

Don't fall for that school fees sacrifice, education seems not to be his priority.

Think with your head not your heart.

2 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by lielbree: 7:22am On Sep 29, 2020
Chanchit:

Op, whatever you do. Don't take the advice of this poster into consideration. Because she's always present in topics like this and she's a feminist.
As for your husband, follow your heart.
What's wrong with being a feminist?

If your girlfriend had a child for you then abandoned you are the newborn for 8years, comes back with absolutely nothing, not even the degree you both were pursuing together, would you accept her

Wouldn't you conclude she has been prostituting and now is looking for where she will retire?

3 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by criuze(m): 7:23am On Sep 29, 2020
you and your baby seams to be the last hope of his life.

he left you hoping to Hussle and make life better for you and your baby, unfortunately life played the other card for him. which always happen in life.

Besides no one can love you better than him

I'll advice you to marry him

if you can, help him find small thing to do . Things will hopefully turn around by God's grace.

if you chase him out,
he'll go. He may still make it better tommorow.
just think about it.

life is very tough for most men

His destiny may be tied to you. getting you back may help him start better

he can still supply you night cuddles as you have lonely for long

Two heads are better than one
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2020
Chanchit:

If I were to go by the comment you made, it is fair enough. But then, I've seen many of your comments on threads like this and they are most times biased. That's why I do not look forward to seeing your comments.
as regards this post,Dingbang is the one with the biased comment.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 29, 2020
Goldp5988:

Don't mind them, na kidney some of them take dey reason.
lol
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Ekzoba(m): 7:28am On Sep 29, 2020
Divanona:
According to him, he couldn't graduate, he tried going back to school, he couldn't achieve that, he was not bold enough to face me nor my family because he felt he has hurt me so much and couldn't face my family.
If he can sacrifice his school fee for you that means he truly loved you.I advice that you find out more things like if he has no other woman somewhere and other things.I wish u the best.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Obynolee(f): 7:30am On Sep 29, 2020
Bessppectt:
Life eh. Only God knows tomorrow

Good evening all.

Please as we all know, life can be so unpredictable that
today, I can longer take care of my family due to untimely
death and loss of job. It's unfortunate it has gotten to this.
Please help a mother (with kids) with any amount as
starvation coupled with high cost of living in the country
have really dealt with us.
Also, please I want to appeal for any job opportunity be it
private or public. I'm a degree holder from one of the
federal universities in the country. I pray I get a job very
soon and get back to my feet. May God keep prospering
you as you help.
313 72 28 897, First Bank, Blessing O. E.

There are a lot you can do legitimately to earn a living other than this

2 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by iamme1234(m): 7:38am On Sep 29, 2020
My sincere advice
Do not take him back
I know what it takes to be heart broken.
He is a bad person
Left you for years and came back begging
Don’t add more weight of problems to your life.
He has wasted his time
Do not let him come waste yours.
Just don’t listen to all this men saying take him back.
Irreversible is the case,if your topic were to be am a Man she left me for years after I made it she came back begging,you would see how the men here will call you names and names and ended up telling the man Man not to take you.
Use your head woman
Peace to you

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by obryns: 7:42am On Sep 29, 2020
Things happen,the fact he left doesn't mean he doesn't love u or responsible,I suggest you don't rush into a relationship with him till u find out what happened in d last 8 yes,cross check his stories,let him get a job first B4 talking of marriage,if you can help him stand pls do so?one good turn deserves another n ultimately it is for ur son to see his father as responsible,don't listen to the pessimistic people,good ending sometimes come from dirts
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by obowunmi(m): 7:42am On Sep 29, 2020
Divanona:
Eight years ago, with tears in my eye, I held his hand, begged him to stay with me that we will struggle together and succeed, but he refused. He walked away living me pregnant. Now, he's back without anything.

We were friends from the University, I graduated before him because I was studying a 4years course. The very first time, we tried to take our relationship serious was after my graduation. We had s.e.-x for the very first time and I became pregnant.
The truth is, the guy have always been good to me throughout my stays in school.
I remembered that day he sacrificed his school fees for mine so I could be able to do my final clearance. But when I became pregnant, he walked away after convincing me to keep our baby.
I went through everything all by myself.
Since last year, he has been apologizing on phone, so last week, I asked him to come. He traveled down to my place. Without being afraid of anyone harming him from my family, he believed in me and came. He's around in my family house, staying in my brother's room for the past 3days.
He has opened up everything to me, my family members and have apologized.

now, I'm so confused with my life.

He couldn't graduate, he had problem in school after I left and all this years, he has been struggling, but now he wants to take responsibility and be with us, but he had nothing. No certificate, except diploma which he later did from another school, no job, no place of his own to stay. He had nothing. He wants us to get married and have a family.

I feel I'm about to add more burden to my already stressed life.
The only positive thing here now, is the excitement my son is having seeing his father and the relationship they're building.

A part of me wants to see this guy have a great life and have direction and not see him live like this, even if I don't settle down with him. because when I meant him, he was kind, a good person, he had dreams, vision and good plans.
But living us alone all this years, with all his explanations, I'm not contented.

Another part of me is confused, afraid and I feel ishould push him away and let him go back to his life and keep moving with my son because I don't have the strength to shoulder all these.

Please matured mind in the house, what do you have to say? This is my life and it's getting more confused.
What would you advise? What should I do?
I don't want to make more mistakes.

Sorry for my lengthy write-up

You know this man is USELESS. Why are you wasting your time ?

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by pawsofdikeje(m): 7:42am On Sep 29, 2020
Move on ooh so he would vent his anger and depression on you. Forget that LOVE wey dey blind you

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by jeph19(m): 7:42am On Sep 29, 2020
8 Years...
First of all i must salute you for still having a place for him, but this is a time where whatever u feel for him will have to be suspended.
You have to use ur head and not your heart.

Watch to see if his intentions are true and not just to find solace and when it becomes rosy, he'll japa; forget the fact that he's already bonding with his son.

Do not yield to him sexually, as it will mar your judgement of him

Tell him to revive those dreams and ambitions he had; being a graduate is not the only key to being successful. He should sort himself FIRST, building FINANCIAL CAPACITY, should be his aim now, not MARRIAGE.
His relationship with GOD should be aligned so as to have directions as to where he wants to go in life; life is spiritual.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Funkybabee(f): 7:50am On Sep 29, 2020
you better think and pray wise before you make another regrets decision.

he is not a serious type, only God knows what he has put his neck on before he come back to you ...

ya ara re ni brain
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by debbydams(f): 7:53am On Sep 29, 2020
Liposure:
the lord will be your strength
Thanks dear
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by TheManOfTheYear: 7:54am On Sep 29, 2020
Richy4:
<<< He doesn't have any certificate except a diploma.. Hmmm!!! I'm hearing it for the first time that diploma is not a certificate grin is this supposed to be a criteria to accept him.. check

<<<< Unemployed... is this suppose to be a criteria to accept or reject the Null hypothesis considering the fact that it's not a permanent thing check grin

<<<< He left u when u needed him the most.. is this a good and valid criteria to reject him.. check

<<<< Do u still have feelings for him after treating you poorly? Do u see a future with both of u together? Do u think he has changed and ready to make amendment/ settle down without taking off again? Check

<<< you are the only one that will answer these questions.. don't let anyone do it for you.
Criterion => singular
Criteria => plural

Please take note next time
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by jornwhite: 7:55am On Sep 29, 2020
cococandy:
I even wonder what the lady’s parents have to say about him living in their house.
It’s a bit weird

Is it a coincidence our ladies skip the part, the guy sacrifice is tution fee for the lady, maybe thats why he couldnt graduate, you guyz are not even considering the good things she said about the guy.
If OP description is anything to go by, i don't think d man wants to be a liability, which explains why he distance himself in the 1st place, maybe circumstance above him brought him back, maybe he was told to locate the lady and be with them b4 God can smile on him or sumtin.
My friend had same issue when we were in school, got the gurl pregnant n could not take care of her, out of shame he left 2 hustle n today he is a big boy that could afford to buy three cars in a day. his inlaw are cruising an suv, and the wife is living better than all those gurls advising she chose the wrong guy.
There is nothing wrong if she loves the father of her child, the r/ship as gone beyond Bf/GF, she should create terms & conditions that wil push the guy to be more serious, if he has business ideas they can work on it. Most people don't know exist is not a solution.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by membranus: 7:56am On Sep 29, 2020
Divanona:

My dad is late. He would have been in the best position to help me decide this

So if he is alive, you will send the post to him saying:
"Daddy please help me to decide this".

I am very sure he would have said:
"Son, are you with your senses at all?"

Meanwhile, thanks for the fun.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by realtalk19: 7:56am On Sep 29, 2020
PeacenLove2:
He left Again Part II story loading. Take him back, you hia? cheesy

To be serious, there is need to find out what occupied his life for 8 years when he abandoned you. So it's very important to know what kept him away. Only wicked, selfish people could do that ... forget how great he was back in school. Men can do anything just before climbing the mountain cheesy No be today. No

Yeah, your kid is having a ball with a dad in his life and you are probably lonely too but use your head, madam. You can help him out from a safe distance. He can have access to his child as well as long as it's good for the kid. You could even date him if you want but don't be quick to commit yourself to anything. Looks like guy is just desperate and you're making it too easy for him. Chances are he would bolt again when he feels comfortable enough.

In other words, let guy go get his act together first before you let him in again. You have a good heart sha. I hope this doesn't land you in soup. I don't know how you can trust such a person again. Be very careful and good luck whatever you do. I hope his intentions are good this time and he does right by you if you take him back.

Well said. Just what I was about to type

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Pymetrics: 7:59am On Sep 29, 2020
Zzor:
Obviously you still want him,have him all you want if you care less about money and comfort and ready to add more burden to your already stressed life as you rightly put it ,what has he been doing since all these years he abandoned you thats what you should be most concerned about.You are not his mother,let him go and find solace abi wetin sef with his family,thats why I hate all this school love,i can't count stories of heartbreaks that I've heard and seen.If you are strong enough to carry him along,do so but if you know you don't have the capability,please tell him to go stay with his family first.hmmm I have been looking for stories like this to read here since,it is well madam op

My first question is to you. What have you been doing since 8 years ago without marrying another man? Didn't you date another man or you didn't receive any proposal for 8 years? I assume you graduate at the age of 22yrs. Now add 8, you must be in 30s.

Secondly, if you still love the guy and you still find everything worthy of a husband in him then you can accept him back. But you need to give him time to straighten himself as a husband that can feed, protect and provide for his wife and children. You can assist him by giving him a maximum of two years to sort himself in the area of job, accommodation and basic amenities needed in a house. Since you've waited for 8 years, then you should be able to wait for another two years. Within the two years, He can secure a police job or bank teller job with his diploma certificate, he can also secure marketing or sales representative job. While searching for job, He need to acquire skills like riding bike, driving a car. He can use these skills individually or for logistics company or for businesses that need delivery or sales man. He can also acquire short time skills like graphic design. You can assist him with a laptop in this area or he find money through laborer work to fund himself in getting a laptop.
All of these can be achieved within two years or less than. He will be able to rent room and parlor sef con or two bedroom flat and move his wife and child there.
Just assist him by ensuring his empowerment and give him time to achieve that. Then both of you will marry officially and leave happily. Remember, both of you will maintain communication within the two years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Woman Who Got Pregnant While On Birth Control Gives Birth To Baby Holding IUD / Husband And Wife Fight Over $300 In Front Of Their Young Children / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.