Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,239 members, 7,953,903 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:36 AM

Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement (13000 Views)

Shi’ites: El-zakzaky’s Followers List 5 Conditions For Peace / ACN Is Searching For Fashola’s Successor / Searching For Fashola's Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Beaf: 12:43am On Mar 02, 2011
Lagos Ohanaeze lists conditions for Fashola’s endorsement
By PETER ANOSIKE
Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Lagos State chapter of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo has listed conditions for which it would endorse the candidacy of the incumbent Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola in the April 16, governorship election.

Speaking after an emergency general meeting of the association yesterday in Lagos, the President, Chief Oliver Akubueze said after due consultations with other Igbo socio-cultural organizations, market associations and town unions, they came to an agreement that Fashola should appreciate the contributions Igbos are making towards the development of the state and should reciprocate it by carrying them along in the scheme of things in the state.

According to the president, it was agreed that more Igbos should be appointed commissioners in his cabinet as well as into boards of parastatals and agencies in the state. According to him, Ndigbo in Lagos are full of praises of Fashola’s first term in office and agreed that he deserves another term.

However, he said the governor should ensure that Ndigbo is not left behind in the scheme of things going by the large number in the state as well as their contributions to the development of the state.
“After due consultations with the other Igbo socio-cultural organizations here in Lagos as well as town unions and market associations, Ohanaeze which is the apex Igbo socio-cultural organizations has come out with conditions by which we will endorse Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola for second term. I also want to make it clear that these are the conditions to endorse Fashola as an individual candidate but not his party.

We have already endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan for the presidency. This is very important. The conditions are that Governor Fashola should appreciate our contributions to the development of the state and should reciprocate that by appointing Igbos as commissioners. In his cabinet what we are asking are not out of place because Ndigbo make up about 46 percent of the total population of the state. But this does not reflect in political appointment, she should also appoint Igbo into the boards of parastatals and agencies. Our business interests and welfare also need more protection. However, we acknowledged that the governor performed wonderfully well in his first term and as it said in politics ‘One good term deserves another’.

Akubueze also commended the Ndigbo for turning out in their large numbers during the voters registration exercise.
He advised them to vote wisely in the April general elections.
Aknbueze said that it was not fair that KAI, LASTMA and other agencies should always target the Igbos for exploitation.
The Lagos Ohanaeze boss said that he is not saying that whoever goes against the rules and regulations in the state should not be punished but that his worry is the discriminatory way of giving the punishment which has made it obvious that the Igbos are the major target.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/mar/02/national-2-03-2011-020.htm
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Becomrichn: 12:56am On Mar 02, 2011
f
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by bashr4: 3:08am On Mar 02, 2011
no mind them they are still goin to vote fashola whether they like it or not
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Obiagu1(m): 4:10am On Mar 02, 2011
If not for the fact that Fashola has tried is best, I'd love to see how these Yoruba internet warriors, empty barrels will cry when Yoruba loses the governorship of Lagos State.
Fashola has saved them this time around.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by dayokanu(m): 4:14am On Mar 02, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Beaf: 4:38am On Mar 02, 2011
Ajegunle must host at least 30% of Lagos population, then there are areas like Orile, Berger, Okokomaiko, Badagry and neglected areas like Ikorodu and Epe. So, its not gonna be a walk in the park.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by ekubear1: 6:06am On Mar 02, 2011
Screw them and their endorsement
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Raymonbell(m): 7:53am On Mar 02, 2011
This people they pass their boundary for yoruba land we tell u say we no fit rule our state.mtchew if u no gree go back to your creek ok
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by EkoIle1: 7:57am On Mar 02, 2011
Wonders shall never end.

den dey get high on their own supply of cheap crack,
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by macjive01: 9:52am On Mar 02, 2011
Seriously it is becoming worrisome that most Yorubas -no longer their grand-father's and father's now even the exposed educated young ones, are developing envy and deep antagonism for Igbos and their achievements and benignant aspirations.

What crime has Igbos committed? That a mazi Uche made a disparaging comment IMO I think is out of place, Lagos might b for the Yorubas or awori but as long as we exist as a Nigeria any individual who has spent 15 years in Lagos has same unalienable  right as Tinubu and his children. Thats the constitution for u.

Yorubas shd b happy to hv Igbo working and living amongst them. Igbos strive to hv a decent live wherever the live of which entails paying good money for a good apartment, even building their own house and living amicably with the locals, contributing immensely for any community projects etc.

Now u can't say same for Hausa or even the Yoruba, living outside their states. In Owerri for instance u get these aboki's living in the state for 20 years with millions of cash in their possession making good decent profit from their money exchange business yet they wud not think abt merely renting a house wud rather sleep on a mat in their squlid mosque or business encampment despite having married and with 6 - 8 children ooh.

Now the Yorubas, in kaduna for instance, in Nigerian breweries, despite having a greater numba of Yorubas working there and occupying the cream money spilling positions yet all the Yoruba I knew who worked there over 25, none had a house of his own, they only rented. While the Igbo in that same company even earning lesser cash most live or are building their own houses in southern kaduna- developing the area, improving the value of the land for the locals and ultimately increasing the their earnings from land sale. Provide job for the locals who wud do the building related jobs, security and house help.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 10:09am On Mar 02, 2011
But excuse me, why give conditions when they have about 62% of the voters registered in the state? Abi Mazi Uche is not part of Ohanaeze in Lagos? Why not just field candidates and win the elections with their supposed electoral strength? After all they only need '5%' of the Yoruba voters or are the Yoruba voters so hard to woo that they can't even get that percentage to support their cause.
Fashola or no Fashola, the time has come for the Ndigbo to exert and 'influence' the elections in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by rex4life: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2011
See what lagosians have caused with their non-chalance, , is it possible for a stranger to come to meet you in your own house and start to dictate to you what you should or should not do. Why is it only lagos that they make all this ridiculous demands, why don't they do so in kaduna or kano and see what will happen to them. We gave them an arms length and they want to take a mile. Doubt if they will cite the constitution when I attempt to run for office in any state in the east. Mscheew !!!
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by javalove(m): 11:35am On Mar 02, 2011
soooooooooooo many stupid idiots in this country. . .

so because lagosians made life and living easy for non indegenes in lagos. una wan do pass unaselves. . .

your business flourish, your lives and properties are secured. . .then one day you guys wake up and say lagos has no owners

ori gbo gbo yin daru

They are just talking rubbish ti get attention. . .

Fashola should even ban the digbo rubbish and send them back to Awka or wherever they come from. . .

Abi how you go explain person wey give you food chop and after you wan pursue am comot for him house. . .

orishirishi. . . grin grin grin grin

Lagos does not need your stupid votes!!!!!!!!!!!!

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by 1025: 1:02pm On Mar 02, 2011
@beaf,
i am from imo state just to inform u of how igbo i am. if anyone in lagos is thinking about influencing the politics in lagos under the umbrela of ohanaeze ndigbo, that one shld first of all tell u how influential the ohanaeze ndigbo has been in the politics of the eastern states.
how has the so-called ohanaeze ndigbo influenced the choice of governors in the igbo states?
charity they say begins at home and not in lagos.
the bible say, love your neighbour as yourself not more than urself.
there is no active ohanaeze and they as long as i am concerned, have never ever made a influential move in the history of our existance at least not of anyone i know.
what they are trying to do is giving out what they do not have and that is another great impossibility.
the igbo states are the worst states in the country politically, economically and security wise.
let the ohanaeze if there is any go back and put their house in order before coming to make noise in an organised and improved lagos state.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by T9ksy(m): 2:32pm On Mar 02, 2011
1025:

@beaf,
i am from imo state just to inform u of how igbo i am. if anyone in lagos is thinking about influencing the politics in lagos under the umbrela of ohanaeze ndigbo, that one shld first of all tell u how influential the ohanaeze ndigbo has been in the politics of the eastern states.
how has the so-called ohanaeze ndigbo influenced the choice of governors in the igbo states?
charity they say begins at home and not in lagos.
the bible say, love your neighbour as yourself not more than urself.
there is no active ohanaeze and they as long as i am concerned, have never ever made a influential move in the history of our existance at least not of anyone i know.
what they are trying to do is giving out what they do not have and that is another great impossibility.
the igbo states are the worst states in the country politically, economically and security wise.
let the ohanaeze if there is any go back and put their house in order before coming to make noise in an organised and improved lagos state.

Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!!
Abi O, tell dem mak dem hear. . . . CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME!

Not in another man's land. And also all these nonsence about development.
Na who ask dem? mAKE DEM GO DEVELOP THEIR VILLAGES, FIRST.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by step1: 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2011
This is why I do not like fashola and tinubu or even ACN. When an awori or even other yorubas from other states are not yet represented, then an ibo man will come and give conditions for there votes (very annoying). If you people keep voting for ACN then I am sure we yorubas will no longer be relevent again in lagos and nigeria. All this diplomacy and love we show to igbos are not done in other parts of the country eg awka ibom, delta, balysea, kogi, kano and co
this states do not allow ibos in there carbinent, then why did fashola or tinubu allowed an ibo man to be a commissioner, is that not stu.pid and silly of ACN.
Certainly Acn is not getting my vote. angry
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by revomind(m): 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
step1:

This is why I do not like fashola and tinubu or even ACN. When an awori or even other yorubas from other states are not yet represented, then an ibo man will come and give conditions for there votes (very annoying). If you people keep voting for ACN then I am sure we yorubas will no longer be relevent again in lagos and nigeria. All this diplomacy and love we show to igbos are not done in other parts of the country eg awka ibom, delta, balysea, kogi, kano and co
this states do not allow ibos in there carbinent, then why did fashola or tinubu allowed an ibo man to be a commissioner, is that not stu.pid and silly of ACN.
Certainly Acn is not getting my vote. angry

Bros no vex. I do not think what those states you listed are doing the right thing, if true. Its encouraging when you recognise minority groups in your state and their various contributions to the economy. These loud-mouthed ones are just on their own. The smart ones like the Joe Igbokwes and Ben Akabuezes know better.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by ayubam: 4:12pm On Mar 02, 2011
macjive01:

Seriously it is becoming worrisome that most Yorubas -no longer their grand-father's and father's now even the exposed educated young ones, are developing envy and deep antagonism for Igbos and their achievements and benignant aspirations.

What crime has Igbos committed? That a mazi Uche made a disparaging comment IMO I think is out of place, Lagos might b for the Yorubas or awori but as long as we exist as a Nigeria any individual who has spent 15 years in Lagos has same unalienable  right as Tinubu and his children. Thats the constitution for u.

Yorubas shd b happy to hv Igbo working and living amongst them. Igbos strive to hv a decent live wherever the live of which entails paying good money for a good apartment, even building their own house and living amicably with the locals, contributing immensely for any community projects etc.

Now u can't say same for Hausa or even the Yoruba, living outside their states. In Owerri for instance u get these aboki's living in the state for 20 years with millions of cash in their possession making good decent profit from their money exchange business yet they wud not think abt merely renting a house wud rather sleep on a mat in their squlid mosque or business encampment despite having married and with 6 - 8 children ooh.

Now the Yorubas, in kaduna for instance, in Nigerian breweries, despite having a greater numba of Yorubas working there and occupying the cream money spilling positions yet all the Yoruba I knew who worked there over 25, none had a house of his own, they only rented. While the Igbo in that same company even earning lesser cash most live or are building their own houses in southern kaduna- developing the area, improving the value of the land for the locals and ultimately increasing the their earnings from land sale. Provide job for the locals who wud do the building related jobs, security and house help.

You guys should try and calm down when discussing in the public and not show your ethnic bigotry in the open. Have u been to Jos, Kano, Kaduna at least I have lived in those places and I know Yorubas who have their families even from the 3rd generation in that area. Nasarawa area in Jos for example is the home of the Ogbomoso People. Have u heard of Onigbinde in Jos, who owns virtually most small and medium scale enterprise such as best farms, oils, supermarket and co, and lots of Yorubas and other ethnic gropus everywhere.

I know a lot of Yorubas who are married to Ibos, Deltans and Edos today so why all these tribal fuss.

People should think well when you contribute and not allow your bigotry to delude you of the obvious facts that we are too intertwined in this nation to fight.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by T9ksy(m): 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2011
. . . . . . and what's your point, exactly?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by ayubam: 4:28pm On Mar 02, 2011
T9ksy:

. . . . . . and what's your point, exactly?

Whatever good you think is in your tribe, same is reproduced in other tribes. So, if there is anything to say, be objective and fair and do not stand in an exalted position that your tribe is better than others. We are too joined together to fight. If we separate today, I do not have problem with that but not with these present mindsets. What will happen to longstanding inter tribal marriages and the children from such unions with this level of hatred always shown on this forum.

Objectivity is my point and not tribal supremacy. Clear?
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by medjai(m): 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2011
Abeg, who or what is Ohaneze?
Fashola will win with or without the Ohaneze's endorsement.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2011
Who cares about ibo votes in yorubaland ? Abeg make them give am to pdp !
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by T9ksy(m): 5:18pm On Mar 02, 2011
ayubam:

Whatever good you think is in your tribe, same is reproduced in other tribes. So, if there is anything to say, be objective and fair and do not stand in an exalted position that your tribe is better than others. We are too joined together to fight. If we separate today, I do not have problem with that but not with these present mindsets. What will happen to longstanding inter tribal marriages and the children from such unions with this level of hatred always shown on this forum.

Objectivity is my point and not tribal supremacy. Clear?

and where in my post/s do you see me harping about tribal supremacy?
I do not care if you or anyoneelse believes their tribe is superior to mine- that's their perorgative.
But when one tribe attempts surreptitiously to covert my fathersland, then i will open my basket mouth and scream "Naff off".

We are not join together jo. Even the siamese twins, joined by nature got seperated by nuture and each went on to live individual and fulfilling live. And we were not siamese twins . . . . . by any strecth of the imaginations!!
we are too different to live as one. Its under this fake one-nigeria nonsense that a group like ohanaeze can summon the temerity to list conditions before they will endorse a performing govenor that the yorubas want on their own land.

Why don't they list similar conditions for the northerners in Kano, kaduna or zaria? Or don't the igbos in these regions contribute immensely to the development of these areas? Or don't they have huge populations of igbos residing in these places?
The answer is a no-brainer-'Cause they know this will give these people cogent reason to embark on another killing spree of igbos in their land.

The igbos are their own worst enemy by attracting unnecessary negative attentions to themselves.
Hence, no region wants anything to do with them. No one trust the igbos.
As for their votes (in Lagos) , they can ph.ocking stick it. . . . . . . . .
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Mar 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Who cares about ibo votes in yorubaland ? Abeg make them give am to pdp !

Or APGA since they have 95% of the Lagos population, they should win easily
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Chyz2: 5:58pm On Mar 02, 2011
dayokanu:

Or APGA since they have 95% of the Lagos population, they should win easily

After fashola finishes his next term, you yorubas can kiss lagos goodbye. wink cheesy
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2011
Why wait for him to finish the term? Why cant you take over right away
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Chyz2: 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2011
dayokanu:

Why wait for him to finish the term? Why cant you take over right away

He's doing good,so he stays.Why take him out now? After the next terms up though we're definitely going to be up in there. We can't have another Tinubu running our city.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2011
Chyz*:

After fashola finishes his next term, you yorubas can kiss lagos goodbye. wink cheesy

And you wonder why Northerners wants an Nyaminri free North.
Seriously, you guys are your own worst enemy.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by excanny: 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
All these Afonja internet loud-mouth warriors sef.

You really have a lot of sleep to lose if this 45% modestly given by Tinubu is casting their votes. I really pity una sha.
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Chyz2: 6:31pm On Mar 02, 2011
Aigbofa:

Orisirisi
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by T9ksy(m): 6:35pm On Mar 02, 2011
excanny:

All these Afonja internet loud-mouth warriors sef.

You really have a lot of sleep to lose if this 45% modestly given by Tinubu is casting their votes. I really pity una sha.

. . . . . and you know what you can do with your "pity".
[/quote]

[quote author=Aigbofa link=topic=614770.msg7831760#msg7831760 date=1299085795]

Hell, that's why the abokis slaughters them at the drop of a "koran"!!!
Re: Lagos Ohanaeze Lists Conditions For Fashola’s Endorsement by Beaf: 6:41pm On Mar 02, 2011
T9ksy:

. . . . . and you know what you can do with your "pity".
[i]Hell, that's why the abokis slaughters them at the drop of a "koran"!!!

Words of a fool.

Yoruba's, SS, Middle Belters and Ibo's are all victims of massacres in the core North. Don't let bigotry dim your little mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Osigwe Momoh Sues APC, Tinubu Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Nnamdi Azikiwe's Speech On The Threat By The North To Secede In 1953. / Tribunal: Agbaje To Inspect Lagos Election Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.