Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki (31849 Views)

Jonathan And ECOWAS Members Visit Obi, Tinubu, Atiku And Kwankwaso / House Of Representative Members Visit Tinubu In London (Photos) / Lagos State Assembly Members Visit Asiwaju Bola Tinubu In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 29, 2020
As a good leader, I expected Buhari to advise Obaseki to inaugurate remaining lawmakers at least to give peace a chance, having helped obaseki to defeat his own party, but Bubu will not say anything, prefering Crisis here and there in every state of the federation.

1 Like

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by VEE2010(m): 8:52am On Sep 29, 2020
I thought the absconded members were granted full protection by Malami's order through the Police?
Are they no longer having planaries upon and down again?
In case they require a mace, they can get a walking stick from Bourdilon to serve as Mace

6 Likes

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by LLMG: 8:54am On Sep 29, 2020
AMEN.
slivertongue:
oh God bless Obaseki
oh God bless Edo state and all Edolites
Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by AwkaFinest: 8:57am On Sep 29, 2020
VEE2010:
I thought the absconded members were granted full protection by Malami's order through the Police?
Are they no longer having planaries upon and down again?
In case they require a mace, they can get a walking stick from Bourdilon to serve as Mace

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by LLMG: 9:00am On Sep 29, 2020
Always be rightly loyal. its a virtue many don't have.
Zendinho:
The just concluded Edo election have taught me one thing.....

That SUCCESS OR FAILURE IS A PRODUCT OF CALCULATED RISK....

To succeed or to fail is a risk that must be taken into serious consideration.

To these nine formidable members, it's a calculated risk they took to either succeed or fail.
VERDICT: They succeeded. grin

To others who joined forces with the opposition, it's also a calculated risk they took to either succeed or fail.
VERDICT: They failed. grin

To you amiable nairalander reading my post. What will be the verdict of your CALCULATED RISK? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by hush15: 9:00am On Sep 29, 2020
post=94424848:
Still on this Political Jamboree for almost 2 weeks now.

Edolites, wake dis guy man up!

Lol cheesy
U sef talk am!

Iranu. Are those guys not the same people he will work with!

3 Likes

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by LLMG: 9:04am On Sep 29, 2020
does the law permit that.
Fussion1000:
As a good leader, I expected Buhari to advise Obaseki to inaugurate remaining lawmakers at least to give peace a chance, having helped obaseki to defeat his own party, but Bubu will not say anything, prefering Crisis here and there in every state of the federation.
Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by CheGuevara101(m): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2020
solmus:
Them go hear am this next 4 years under dictator Obaseki

He pain am enter body

2 Likes

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by lexy2014: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2020
Abouwaza:
Success has many friends
Even your enemy go concur

Meanwhile Oshopikin and Iyamu don finally go relegation

But these are d guys that stood by and stood with obaseki right from d start till d end. They are all part of d success

1 Like

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 29, 2020
lexy2014:

But these are d guys that stood by and stood with obaseki right from d start till d end. They are all part of d success
Waiting for the Tailor's lawmakers

1 Like

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by lexy2014: 9:10am On Sep 29, 2020
post=94424848:

Lol cheesy
U sef talk am!

Jeez men. This guy is really hurt about this obaseki matter

2 Likes

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by IronMan077(m): 9:16am On Sep 29, 2020
tope777:
So those guys that defected to Oshiomole faction few days to the election were there for inside job?? grin grin

Smart honourables

1 Like

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by wink2015(m): 9:18am On Sep 29, 2020
Those rebellious legislators that were in the side of OSHIOMOLE have lost out.

Oshiomole camped them for month in Abuja.

There is a price for rebellion.

4 Likes

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by chiedonedoor(m): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2020
Edo has to move on.
Acts 17:30 KJV
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 29, 2020
Fussion1000:

The Governor cannot make pronouncement twice, same way Buhari could not make pronouncement after Sarki was elected against his wish.

The seat of the absconding lawmakers have been declared vacant, election to hold after the court judgement.

Those lawmakers were deceived by Oshiomothief. Allowing them in will pose more threat for the Governor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Blackking98(m): 10:06am On Sep 29, 2020
Zendinho:
The just concluded Edo election have taught me one thing.....

That SUCCESS OR FAILURE IS A PRODUCT OF CALCULATED RISK....

To succeed or to fail is a risk that must be taken into serious consideration.

To these nine formidable members, it's a calculated risk they took to either succeed or fail.
VERDICT: They succeeded. grin

To others who joined forces with the opposition, it's also a calculated risk they took to either succeed or fail.
VERDICT: They failed. grin

To you amiable nairalander reading my post. What will be the verdict of your CALCULATED RISK? cheesy
Success in Jesus name
Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Guyman02: 10:10am On Sep 29, 2020
Fussion1000:
It's no longer the duty of Obaseki to inaugurate the members after the first inauguration, it's the responsibility of the Speaker of the House

1 Like

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

The Governor cannot make pronouncement twice, same way Buhari could not make pronouncement after Sarki was elected against his wish.

The seat of the absconding lawmakers have been declared vacant, election to hold after the court judgement.

Those lawmakers were deceived by Oshiomothief. Allowing them in will pose more threat for the Governor

Stop deceiving urself pls. Am not here for out of sense debate sir, the vacancy INEC wants to fill in Lagos Senatorial seat will not be inaugurated going by ur assertion. Buhari is ur type, and ur type would be a leader who will witness chao in his reign, peaceful co- existence goes with compromise.
.......bye
Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 29, 2020
Fussion1000:

Stop deceiving urself pls. Am not here for out of sense debate sir, the vacancy they inec wants to fill in Lagos will not be inaugurated going by ur assertion. Buhari is ur type, and ur type would be a leader who will witness chao in his reign, peaceful co- existence goes with compromise.
.......bye

I don't respond to dunce. Get sense first before quoting me next time.

Lagos case is by-election to replace vacant seat of deceased lawmakers.

In Edo, elected members refused to join their members to be inaugurated bc they had plan to elect an Oshiomothief anointed speaker. When their plans failed they refused to be inaugurated and ran to Abuja to camp with Oshiomothief.

The time allowed for them to be inaugurated elapsed and their seats were declared vacant but they ran to court. The matter will be decided by court.

Next time get your facts before quoting me. Empty drums make the loudest noise

3 Likes

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by SheyiFCA: 10:48am On Sep 29, 2020
taiocol:
my print is available to hang on your wall

How much , plus can I see several samples please.............??

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

I don't respond to dunce. Get sense first before quoting me next time.

Lagos case is by-election to replace vacant seat of deceased lawmakers.

In Edo, elected members refused to join their members to be inaugurated bc they had plan to elect an Oshiomothief anointed speaker. When their plans failed they refused to be inaugurated and ran to Abuja to camp with Oshiomothief.

The time allowed for them to be inaugurated elapsed and their seats were declared vacant but they ran to court. The matter will be decided by court.

Next time get your facts before quoting me. Empty drums make the loudest noise

Bye............. But learn how to reach compromise. Beating drum of war will only bring unpalatable atmosphere,chaotic society will suffer from development. I repeat, those people need to be inaugurated, no law in Nigeria stop them being inaugurated.

Quote the law if any, and keep shut if none.

If Buhari tells Obaseki to inaugurate them in the heat of event leading to his election for him to be reelected he will not think twice. Gov or senate president, or speaker,.......inaugurated
Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by guychidile: 11:11am On Sep 29, 2020
move Edo forward pls.,people are suffering simple. thanks for uniting and visiting the governor.

1 Like

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 29, 2020
[s]
Fussion1000:

Bye............. But learn how to reach compromise. Beating drum of war will only bring unpalatable atmosphere,chaotic society will suffer from development. I repeat, those people need to be inaugurated, no law in Nigeria stop them being inaugurated.

If Buhari tells Obaseki to inaugurate them in the heat of event leading to his election for him to be reelected he will not think twice. Gov or senate president, or speaker,.......inaugurated

[/s]

BusinessDay -
Edo Assembly: Court upholds Obaseki’s proclamation
...says N’Assembly lacks jurisdiction to take over Edo State assembly
Edo Assembly: Court upholds Obaseki’s proclamation
By Iwok Iniobong on September 15, 2019

A Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State Thursday, upheld the proclamation of the seventh Edo State House of Assembly made by Governor Godswin Obaseki in a Suit No. FHC/PH/CS/159/2019: Hon Yekini Idiaye & Anor V. Clerk of The NASS & 5 Ors:*

In the final judgment delivered by Justice J.K. Omotosho, the court ruled that a governor does not have the powers to issue a second proclamation after a first proclamation has been made.

According to Justice Omotosho, the governor of a state does not take directive from National Assembly, adding that the proclamation issued by Governor Obaseki is valid; to do otherwise is null and void. The learned Justice Omotosho made following pronouncements to assert the decision of the court
:

(e) That the word proclamation has been defined by Black’s law Dictionary. That from the definition, Proclamation must be in writing and published by printing out and duly signed under the hand of an identified person issuing same. That as far as law is concerned, the 6th Defendant has duly issued the required proclamation as provided for under the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999.

(f) That NASS cannot under the Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 issue directive to a Governor of a state in the performance of his constitutional duties.

(g) That the Supreme Court’s decision in Balonwu’s case with respect to Anambra State Gov’s proclamation under Ngige is to the effect that proclamation can only be issued once as done by the 6th Defendant in this Edo State case.

(h) That d directive of NASS to the 6th Defendant has the effect of creating a constitutional crisis by elongating the life of Edo State House of Assembly beyond the constitutionally recognized 4 years, the house haven been duly inaugurated on 17/6/19.

(i) That the proclamation issued by the 6th Defendant on 14/6/19 for the inauguration of ESHA on 17/6/19 is valid and subsisting in law and the directive of National Assembly to the 6th Defendant to issue another proclamation is unconstitutional, null and void, just as the directive for the premises of the Edo State House of Assembly to be sealed off.

(ii) (j) That State Governments under the Nigerian Constitution are autonomous and not appendage of the National Assembly.

He noted that the National Assembly lacks the jurisdiction to take over the Edo State House of Assembly, as doing so will amount to infringing on its right to function.

”Edo State House of Assembly is not an appendage of the National Assembly.” the learned Justice added.In addressing the prayers of the claimants,the court made a pronouncement as follows:

(a) That the National Assembly lacks the power/vires under the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as (amended) to take over the Edo State House of Assembly as the depositions of the claimants in their affidavit that the Edo State House of Assembly (ESHA) is still meeting and transacting business was not controverted by the defendants.

(b) That the intention of the drafters of Section 11(4&5) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 is not for the National Assembly to adjudge on its own when the condition precedent laid down by the sections for the exercise of the power under Subsection 11(4) has happened and attempt to take over the legislative functions of the ESHA on every flimsy excuse.

(c) That NASS cannot unilaterally declare that a State House of Assembly is unable to perform its legislative functions, it is the duty of the court to make such determination upon the issue if and when properly submitted to it for determination. It is after such determination by the Court that the National Assembly can exercise its powers under Section 11(4). It is not the duty of NASS to interpret the Constitution, that is the exclusive preserve of the courts.

(d) That the NASS directive to seal off the ESHA is ultra vires the NASS as it is like the President Ordering the sealing off of a state Governor’s office.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/politics/article/edo-assembly-court-upholds-obasekis-proclamation/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by GreyLaw(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2020
Fussion1000:

Young man what compromise are you talking about? This is not a pepper soup joint or bread and sugar market where people haggle price.

It is written in the constitution in black and white. Those guys were not inaugurated and the time allowed by law has passed so they are deemed ineligible to be inaugurated again. Is that a difficult thing to understand? If you inaugurate them in the name of looking for compromise, other people eyeing that seat will take them to court and it will be a never ending cycle.

Those law makers were simple and unwise. They allowed foolish politicking to overtake their sense of judgement. Now they have to pay the price.

2 Likes

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Zendinho(m): 11:31am On Sep 29, 2020
[quote author=Blackking98 post=94427643]
Success in Jesus name

Let it be so grin
Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Blackking98(m): 11:32am On Sep 29, 2020
[quote author=Zendinho post=94430167][/quote]
Amen
Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Zendinho(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2020
[quote author=LLMG post=94425342]Always be rightly loyal. its a virtue many don't have

Loyalty most times could be seen as cowardice.... cheesy
Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by taiocol: 11:38am On Sep 29, 2020
SheyiFCA:

How much , plus can I see several samples please.............??
check my thread for more samples, sizes and price.
https://www.nairaland.com/5869975/buy-modern-wall-art-frames
Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by KenModi(m): 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
post=94424848:

Lol cheesy
U sef talk am!

Edo people are not complaining about their governor, so please mind your business.

2 Likes

Re: Speaker, 9 Other Inaugurated Edo Assembly Members, Visit, Congratulate Obaseki by Christianedon: 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
[s]
post=94424848:

Lol cheesy
U sef talk am!
[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Hope To See My Son, Farouk Abdul Mutallab Again In My Lifetime - Father, Umaru / Burial Poster Of IPOB Member Shot Dead During Trump's Solidarity Rally(pics) / Customs Confirms Face-Off Between Residents, Officers In Ibarapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.