Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,451 members, 7,836,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT (8946 Views)

List Of States That Can Survive Without Federal Allocation By BudgIT / 2019 Lagos Governorship Debate On 13th January (Live Updates) / The Numerical Digits That Cost Ambode 2019 Lagos State Governoship Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by CanineOfJackal: 7:59am On Sep 29, 2020
Budget surplus that went into Tinubu pocket.

Talk another thing abeg.

Budget surplus without a public water supply

Story for idiots and Apc members

1 Like

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by adioolayi(m): 8:00am On Sep 29, 2020
Edo cannot be Lagos...
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Tunde835(m): 8:01am On Sep 29, 2020
Ipob members will commit suicide on hearing this
CanineOfJackal:
Budget surplus that went into Tinubu pocket.

Talk another thing abeg.

Budget surplus without a public water supply

Story for idiots and Apc members
They never disappoint

2 Likes

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by solmus: 8:01am On Sep 29, 2020
Firespitterz:

30k zombie arselicking miscreant from bourdillion criminal den, you are welcome. You can do your work now

Ipobians and delusion

I thought you said they stole a bullion van in your father's compound. why not tell us so that the whole Nairaland can help you find it

3 Likes

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by hajimosho(m): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2020

Centre of Excellence cheesy
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:04am On Sep 29, 2020
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1310661907813208065?s=19

Second worst city in Africa to live in. Two out of three people are in poverty in Lagos coast

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Firespitterz: 8:04am On Sep 29, 2020
solmus:

Ipobians and delusion

I thought you said they stole a bullion van in your father's compound. why not tell us so that the whole Nairaland can help you find it

Supporter of alausa and bourdillion criminals gangs. I hail oh. Wheldon you are doing well

1 Like

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:05am On Sep 29, 2020
Lanrelagboi:

Second worst city in Africa to live in. Two out of three people are in poverty in Lagos

1 Like

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Mace0lane: 8:09am On Sep 29, 2020
Starships4u:
Is that so

If yhu are doing far better without the FEDERAL ALLOCATION,
Why not donate the federal allocation to poorer states like OSUN, EKITI, ONDO, KOGI

Just suggest this to them now and watch how they tactically deny their own spreadsheets..

Have the London of Abia Ebonyi n Co submitted own allocation to Zamfara ? The foolish with which many of you hopeless Igbos comment like lunatics on NL is truly unimaginable.

3 Likes

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by CanineOfJackal: 8:10am On Sep 29, 2020
Tunde835:
Ipob members will commit suicide on hearing thisThey never disappoint
Are u on drugs? I benefit more from the Tinubu than your godforsaken person.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Mace0lane: 8:10am On Sep 29, 2020
Racoon:
Sorry for my post on this same issue.

Sorry for yourself, we know your pathetic life is riddled with hate for the Yorubas but the hate will do not but lead to your untimely demise. To hell with you n your sorry.

2 Likes

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by winterfell007(m): 8:12am On Sep 29, 2020
Of course you should be able to raise enough revenue internally considering how explosive the population is. This is the melting pot of Nigeria. The heartbeat of commerce and industry. I wasn't expecting anything less. Just stop comparing yourself with other states because they don't have the population to compete with you.
You are a mega city. Should be competing with Tokyo, Beijing, New-york, Shanghai. those cities have huge population and they are the melting pots of their respective countries
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Mace0lane: 8:13am On Sep 29, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Second worst city in the world to live in and you are happy

Whike your igbo state are number 1 - 5 in hell. Lagos any time any day ahead of the shithole of Alaigbo.

3 Likes

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by AmazingELixir: 8:13am On Sep 29, 2020
[[s]quote author=Davicjoe post=94422992]Same would have been said about the south south but corruption and greed will not allow them. Lagos is the only viable state that can boast of such kind of budget among all d 36 states in Nigeria.

FTC for the very first time since 2011. Sign of better things to come.[/quote][/s]

1 Like

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Realdeals(m): 8:26am On Sep 29, 2020
Lagos State government should publish the statement of account publicly. I've only seen some northern state doing that every year.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by ariesbull: 8:27am On Sep 29, 2020
Lies.... I will go with the Budget IT than the government... We know propaganda when we see one

SW states are in deep mess... Financially ann's fiscally speaking... Their states are in red...

They are the poorest region in Southern Nigeria
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by ariesbull: 8:30am On Sep 29, 2020
solmus:
cool

Lagos makes so much money

Let Lagos just buy some states

same with Anambra
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by adegbenga80592: 8:36am On Sep 29, 2020
Centre of Excellence
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by hush15: 8:41am On Sep 29, 2020
Lanrelagboi:

Even at 89billion balance, its poor savings. Lagos is a case of a spendthrift with no meaningful impact. When you generate over 555billion and you are in surplus of just 89 billion and we can't see the impact of the over 400billion spent. Complete mismanagement of fund.

Then I say it with all mouth, Lagos makes so much money cos they fraudulently over tax their citizens. Imagine a house that has always paid its land use charge promptly, and doesn't owe any over the years, you now brought the one of 2020 and claim that the property has penalty of over 200, 000 for previous years with current charge of over 27k! Also the current current charge is more than 50% increase from the previous LUC that is being paid. This APC in Lagos are serious thieves, all for one baba and Lagos is rotting away.

That is just one of many.

1 Like

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by AwkaFinest: 8:47am On Sep 29, 2020
Davicjoe:
[s]Same would have been said about the south south but corruption and greed will not allow them. Lagos is the only viable state that can boast of such kind of budget among all d 36 states in Nigeria.

FTC for the very first time since 2011. Sign of better things to come[/s].

Understanding is your problem. I believe you did not look at the table, but concluded. Even with the surplus Lagos is claiming it's still less than that of Rivers State.

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Obamaofusa: 8:51am On Sep 29, 2020
Davicjoe:
Same would have been said about the south south but corruption and greed will not allow them. Lagos is the only viable state that can boast of such kind of budget among all d 36 states in Nigeria.

FTC for the very first time since 2011. Sign of better things to come.

Gaddafi is not good,he is this,he is that,until they killed him and turned Libya to a sorry story.
I have always and will always support Tinubu( who is not a saint,of course) because of the growth and stability he foisted on Lagos.
A lot of people who are his adversaries might not know how important he is now until he is gone...I pray he lived longer as Lagos grows in leaps and bounds to become the first economy in Africa and 10th in the world.
May God continue to bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by olowo1995(m): 8:56am On Sep 29, 2020
Starships4u:
Is that so

Why not donate the federal allocation to poorer states like OSUN, EKITI, ONDO, KOGI

Just suggest this to them now and watch how they tactically deny their own spreadsheets..

because they had a surplus budget now meant they should run a charity business, did they say they don't have other thing to do with money or even if they don't what guarantee that the next month to come there will be surplus as the current month.
You live to fight for another day man
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Ajibel(m): 8:57am On Sep 29, 2020
The Budgit report doe damaged Lagos reputation has achieved one thing though, the Lagos State government will take the transparency of it's financial account very very serious!
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by olowo1995(m): 8:59am On Sep 29, 2020
hush15:

Even at 89billion balance, its poor savings. Lagos is a case of a spendthrift with no meaningful impact. When you generate over 555billion and you are in surplus of just 89 billion and we can't see the impact of the over 400billion spent. Complete mismanagement of fund.

Then I say it with all mouth, Lagos makes so much money cos they fraudulently over tax their citizens. Imagine a house that has always paid its land use charge promptly, and doesn't owe any over the years, you now brought the one of 2020 and claim that the property has penalty of over 200, 000 for previous years with current charge of over 27k! Also the current current charge is more than 50% increase from the previous LUC that is being paid. This APC in Lagos are serious thieves, all for one baba and Lagos is rotting away.

That is just one of many.

can you state what happen to the person that increase the land use charge fee now and moreover it has been reverse by the current administration

1 Like

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Obamaofusa: 9:02am On Sep 29, 2020
winterfell007:
Of course you should be able to raise enough revenue internally considering how explosive the population is. This is the melting pot of Nigeria. The heartbeat of commerce and industry. I wasn't expecting anything less. Just stop comparing yourself with other states because they don't have the population to compete with you.
You are a mega city. Should be competing with Tokyo, Beijing, New-york, Shanghai. those cities have huge population and they are the melting pots of their respective countries

Instead of you to hail their prudence and financial management prowess, you concluded that the success came from population.
Is Nigeria not the most populated?
Where are we now?
Can we even compete with South Africa?
It is all about leadership.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:03am On Sep 29, 2020
Mace0lane:

Whike your igbo state are number 1 - 5 in hell. Lagos any time any day ahead of the shithole of Alaigbo.

I am not igbo and I have never been to the south-east before in my life.

Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Ihatemumu: 9:06am On Sep 29, 2020
Starships4u:
Is that so

Poor states, rather than giving them fish, they should learn how to catch their own
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by winterfell007(m): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Instead of you to hail their prudence and financial management prowess, you concluded that the success came from population.
Is Nigeria not the most populated?
Where are we now?
Can we even compete with South Africa?
It is all about leadership.

Well then i must commend how well they've been able to raise revenue internally. What i don't want to see is how folks here in nairaland compare Lagos with other states. There shouldn't be any comparism. Compare ourselves with our peers abroad, that's how you measure progress.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by hush15: 9:16am On Sep 29, 2020
olowo1995:

can you state what happen to the person that increase the land use charge fee now and moreover it has been reverse by the current administration

Am talking about the present bill revise. Of course, the person went in to dig all the past receipts. This is something I am directly involved in. They sent the bill after the review so ofcourse, they are stating it under the premise of the current review and also it is captured in the letter that accompanied the LUC bill.

My question to them now is that, don't they have records to show that this particular person pays his bills? And promptly for that matter! If so, where did they get previous years penalty charges from?

Then why the over 50% increase in the tax from the previous years. How did they access or evaluate the property to arrive at such increase.

It only shows that they look at their state budget and divide the targeted amount to their revenue agencies and share. No reference to records or whatsoever.

The worse part is its not just land use but the entire revenue system. Even the rip off on toll gate system is worse. No accountability to vehicle owners and that's why many prefer paying cash at toll instead of the e-tag despite millions of cars that collected the e-tag. If you are the type that doesn't monitor your toll account and just put so much money cos you can afford it, those automatic deductions would make you change your mind. The Ikoyi-lekki toll, if you don't have money in your account and you must pass, they collect 1000 unaccounted money from you cos normally, they shouldn't allow passage. How would corruption now fester...

And I haven't started yet scratching the surface the kind of crime perpetuated by government in the name if tax!
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by drlateef: 9:21am On Sep 29, 2020
Starships4u:
Is that so

Is Lagos Father Christmas? Every state should carry its own cross. Very soon Lagos will declare independence from Nigeria. After that Lagos will colonise Nigeria and bring Nigeria under its rule. That’s my future prediction.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by drlateef: 9:21am On Sep 29, 2020
Starships4u:
Is that so

Is Lagos Father Christmas? Every state should carry its own cross. Very soon Lagos will declare independence from Nigeria. After that Lagos will colonise Nigeria and bring Nigeria under its rule. That’s my future prediction.
Re: We Had A Budget Surplus Of ₦89 Billion In 2019, Lagos State Corrects BudgIT by Chanchit: 9:31am On Sep 29, 2020
Firespitterz:
Surplus for the Bullion van thief you mean?

Hate won't make you have sense. At least Lagos is declaring surplus, as Edo no be Lagos, they should do more. Abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Hands Over Renovated Burnt Enugu INEC Office / Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up / Nigeria, World Bank, Seven Energy Sign Deal For Over 500MW To National Grid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.