Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri (9107 Views)

Finally Sign Out From My 4years Course Turn six / Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Jman06(m): 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2020
Aileexa1:
What of Geography...
I mean, I don't even know if there is any career prospect under that

And, it is not really what you study, higher education just gives you an edge in whatever you want to do over people who didn't
That is pure deception! There's no evidence that higher education gives one any edge in blue collar jobs. If anything, it wastes people's times and prevent them from starting on time to hustle!
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Raeheemwayne: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
The goal is to make more money. If you're not streetwise or born with a sliver spoon just forget it.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by seanwilliam(m): 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
Wetin person go kon do like this
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by osax4pal: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
What's is the difference between public admin and pol.science
Madibah:
I think say him add pol science
I for swear for am
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Uyi168: 8:31pm On Sep 29, 2020
Para medical courses too..
Anatomy, physiology and the rests
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Madibah(m): 8:35pm On Sep 29, 2020
osax4pal:
What's is the difference between public admin and pol.science
There's a big difference

political science focuses on analyzing the influence political figures and events have on societal outcomes, public administration implements the processes responsible for producing those outcomes.

Public Administration is a child of Political Science, therefore Political Science is macro in nature because it deals with the state and systems of government and its bureaucracy, while Public Administration is micro in nature because it deals with the people or the bureaucrats who serve as the machinery of the state.

With a pol science certificate .
Going in to politics isn't something new.
U can be a political analyst maybe on the radio or TV

You can teach with it
Which I'm doing currently at federal government college ijanikin

You

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by davididenyi(m): 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
Makito015:
Omockery

What you read in school doesn't matter as long as you're not broke

Abeg help me tell some banana sellesellers ooo

1 Like

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by davididenyi(m): 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
Ogah don't come and discourage people with this your fake lies that sounds ,lyk a truth
Are you their God
What if , that is what God has destined 4 that person,

As far as you dom ,make money , what are you still looking 4
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Wednesdayy: 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
[s]
solmus:
cool

Reality of labour market

If you like listen if you like don't listen, Na you body go tell

Most people with some of these coarses in UK and US are struggling to pay back student loan debt as they never get a good job

Go on freelancing sites and see the gigs and skills companies require and pay top dollars for

[/s]
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Herokani: 10:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
I dey tell you
Uyi168:
Para medical courses too..
Anatomy, physiology and the rests

1 Like

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
°°°
Me that is studying linguistics already, what should I do?

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by edoairways: 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
Chapman801:
Painfully true. But if everybody decides to reject these courses to study marketable courses and decide to write again and other incoming students
will join them in the pile, the number of Students will be very very high.
That is what most persons don't know. With time, the suggested course and skills by Reno Omokri would loose relevant when there are high number of persons opting in.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by LikeAking: 11:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
ItS thIS joB,job, mentality that has ruined Nigerian grads.

How are those rich Igbo without CVs doing it.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by abdullahI24: 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
Aileexa1:
What of Geography...
I mean, I don't even know if there is any career prospect under that

And, it is not really what you study, higher education just gives you an edge in whatever you want to do over people who didn't
Geography has evolved into Geographic information system and remote sensing. Abuja GIS, Kano GIS i.e kangis and Kaduna GIS are typical examples. With a geography certificate u are highly needed in Meteorological agencies, Air traffic control dept, Geospatial analysis lab, mining industry, defense related fields, etc
When Buhari was drilling wells in the name of searching for oil in Gombe-Bauchi axis; we geographers laughed because we know it will end as a shallow well and Era of shallow well is gone because with GIS u can know if the oil is there or not without even visiting the location.
When Chad defeated boko haram, Israel nation helped them with Geospatial data of boko haram location.
Do you know u can download the way ur village evolved into it current stage via Google Earth and perform land use land cover change?
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 29, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Add Microbiology and Physiology.
..... and POLITICAL SCIENCE
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by ednut1(m): 11:38pm On Sep 29, 2020
Madibah:
I think say him add pol science
I for swear for am
pol science is a waste of time in Nigeria too
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Xavi2019: 2:19am On Sep 30, 2020
Sociology sad
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by IVORY2009(m): 2:23am On Sep 30, 2020
Notatribalist:
Even reno omokri knows about forex trading. And over sabi nairaland thinks is a scam..Anyway if you're serious about learning forex join my telegram group,training is free but you must have start up capital to start your trading after learning. Chat me up via my signature.

Lolzzzzz even the so called forex trading is not regulated, brokers can control their trading platform, they can hire a coder to manipulate the platform to their favor.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Notatribalist(m): 2:46am On Sep 30, 2020
IVORY2009:

Lolzzzzz even the so called forex trading is not regulated, brokers can control their trading platform, they can hire a coder to manipulate the platform to their favor.
At least least don't lie with confidence next time..How you think the world most financial market is not regulated beats my imagination.. Why are banks regulated if forex is not?
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by IVORY2009(m): 3:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Notatribalist:
At least least don't lie with confidence next time..How you think the world most financial market is not regulated beats my imagination.. Why are banks regulated if forex is not?

How can you compare banks with forex? shocked tell me the regulators of forex, think about this why is it that most brokers setup in far away countries like Panama, Solomon Island, Dominican republic etc, do you know that the most beneficiaries of the forex market are the brokers, the software sellers etc I can go on and on.....
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Karleb(m): 5:47am On Sep 30, 2020
IVORY2009:

How can you compare banks with forex? shocked tell me the regulators of forex, think about this why is it that most brokers setup in far away countries like Panama, Solomon Island, Dominican republic etc, do you know that the most beneficiaries of the forex market are the brokers, the software sellers etc I can go on and on.....

You don't know what you're saying.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by IVORY2009(m): 6:52am On Sep 30, 2020
Karleb:

You don't know what you're saying.

Explain yourself we are discussing? I have been able to proof it to some extent, you counter....cheesy
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:05am On Sep 30, 2020
solmus:
cool

Reality of labour market

If you like listen if you like don't listen, Na you body go tell

Most people with some of these coarses in UK and US are struggling to pay back student loan debt as they never get a good job

Go on freelancing sites and see the gigs and skills companies require and pay top dollars for

forget Nigeria, I read engineering, no job, a friend who is connected study sociology, he is a now a senior officer in custom now.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Minjim: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2020
Now, when everyone learns high demanding skills, do you think those skill will be highly demanded again?
That will now make Philosophy, Linguistic, Sociology be in high demand.

Reno, that's nature for u
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Notatribalist(m): 7:47am On Sep 30, 2020
IVORY2009:

I used to think like you when I was less informed.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by BigDawsNet: 8:43am On Sep 30, 2020
Misslilbootay:
°°°
Me that is studying linguistics already, what should I do?

Don't lose hope.. God is on your side...just get a skills

1 Like

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Karlebolu(m): 8:52am On Sep 30, 2020
IVORY2009:

Explain yourself we are discussing? I have been able to proof it to some extent, you counter....cheesy

I'm sorry for being rude. This is my other account.

These are my opposing views.

1. Forex market is regulated, though there are no global regulators but each country has its own regulatory agencies.

https://www.babypips.com/tools/forex-regulation

Check out the link above, if you are not satisfied you can Google more on foreign exchange markets regulation.

Traders are advised against trading with companies that are not regulated. Trust me, there many forex brokers in the world, even in Nigeria and many are regulated.

2. I don't know all the forex brokers in Nigeria, but you can look up them on Google. There are a lot of them.

3. Forex brokers benefits more from forex but they are not the most beneficiaries.
I'd say countries are. Foreign exchange is bigger than what you think it is and every country that has a currency is actually trading forex whenever they do exchange with another country. In fact, when you change one currency to another, that foreign exchange.

4. Only non - regulated brokers can manipulate data or refuse a withdrawal after deposit and sadly, we still have few of them.
A regulated broker can not try such, they have a lot to lose and they know it especially in developed countries.

5. Forex brokers benefits from spread, commission. Some especially those in Nigeria deduct monthly maintenance ( grin FXTM does this), some deduct little amount when you withdraw or deposit. Most foreign brokers don't do this.

6. Software and tutorials sellers don't make as much as seasoned forex traders who know their onions.

But I must say, Reno is wrong on the time taken to master a "craft" such as forex, for some people it takes more than 4 years.

I'm looking forward to other points you might have.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Wittydreh: 9:07am On Sep 30, 2020
Let me clearify u.school is not an access for u to make money.that u go to school to study the best course in the world won't make u rich. no course is a waste,we go to school to acquire knowlege.in nigeria many people see school as an avenue to get a good job and earn money; when we go to Europ school is not like that.the knowledge u acquire during those years we make ur brain wider enough to face reality. mentioning philosophy,public admin as a useless course is the reason why we are nt moving forward as a gov in nigeria. when u go deep into these courses u will realise that this couses are the foundation of 'HUMANITY'.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Agencyltd(m): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2020
Don't mind Reno, I know the reason he doesn't want his followers to study a course like philosophy. A philosopher won't worship his illogicality and buzzwords.

otipoju:
Reno you are wrong on this one. These Humanities are actually wonderful courses to have as a first degrees.

Those four years will train your mind which is your most important asset. I got life changing help from a stranger through this same nairaland because she just liked the way I express my points in writing.

If you have read Philosophy, Religious Studies or Sociology...you would be equipped with the most important things a human should have...knowledge of the world you live in and an ability to think logically, analytically, empathetically and objectively...skills required of any would be leader.

Accounting, human resources, coding, forex, information technology can be learned at anytime.

Lekan's mind polished by four years of studying philosophy is what give him the self awareness to stand out among 20 other people and of course the kind of deep bars and word play that he expresses in his songs.

My first degree was in one the Humanities. I now have a masters in HR with many top notch professional certifications in that field...but anywhere I go I become a leader sharp sharp without even trying.

One of the HR Managers in IITA studied English as his first degree. His eloquence and proffessional HR cerifications and MBA made him grow quickly.

Two of the top HR managers at British American Tobacco and Nigerian Breweries both had history as their first degree.

The skills you pick up from Humanities will give you an edge for senior leadership in the corporate world. Nigeria is suffering today because we have a lot of shallow and undeveloped minds in government.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Saintinoo(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2020
Madibah:
I think say him add pol science I for swear for am
He did, sorry but that is the truth, Pol sci doesn't work anymore.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by taurinee(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2020
NAIJABOST:
According to Omokri, instead of spending 4 years studying, courses like Philosophy, Sociology, Linguistics, Religious studies and Public Admin, it is advisable to spend one year or even less to learn skills that are in high demand such as Coding, Forex trading, laboratory technology etc.

He wrote:

In this day and age, the 4 years you spend to read

Philosophy
Sociology
Linguistic
Religious Study
Public Admin

Is better spent learning high demand skills like coding, nursing, lab tec, forex trading, etc
In one year, or even less

https://naijabost.com/2020/09/29/dont-waste-your-4years-studying-these-5-courses-in-school-reno-omokri/
Watch this video to see how a man catches anaconda with his bare hands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeOQzbTnEI

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" / Yabatech Part-time Nd And Hnd For 2010/2011 Is Out! / Help Confirm If this Is Legit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.