Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri (9109 Views)

Finally Sign Out From My 4years Course Turn six / Don't Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School' - Reno Omokri / Top 5 Courses That You May Regret Picking In 2018 Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Madibah(m): 9:43am On Sep 30, 2020
Saintinoo:

He did, sorry but that is the truth, Pol sci doesn't work anymore.

How
I'm a teacher
I can be a political analyst
Moving into politics wouldn't be new
I can become a personal advicer if I'm not moving into politics

Pol science is wide and it's different from public administration
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by johnwaya: 9:47am On Sep 30, 2020
This man is high on isoko weed.
Philosphy is the foundational course from which other courses emerged.
philosophy is the seat of wisdom.
Without philosophy, invention, innovation and creativity will not be impossible.
Philosophy makes you to know what is morally right and wrong..
Philosophy talks about societal vices and ways of solving those vices.
Philosophy is a core subject and it should not be neglected.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by balitaaluminium(f): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2020
They could be some truth in what he said.

Contact Us at Balita Aluminium . We sale quality and reliable Aluminium for house roofing. Think Aluminium , think quality , think Balita. for more information, you can call the customer care number on my signature.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by GAMZYTK: 10:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Telegram234:

botany nko
I also think zoology should be in the list
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Saintinoo(m): 11:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Madibah:

How
I'm a teacher
I can be a political analyst
Moving into politics wouldn't be new
I can become a personal advicer if I'm not moving into politics

Pol science is wide and it's different from public administration
You can become a teacher studying just any course, you can become a political analyist even if you studied MBBS, you can become a politician without an O level.

There are no pol sci jobs. Moreover how many political analyist jobs do we have?
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Brandonx(m): 11:40am On Sep 30, 2020
Those courses are nice but Nigeria is a failed state.
E.g courses like Insurance, Actuarial sciences, Taxation are nice courses but it does not work in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by liveyourlife007(m): 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
History and International relations
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by danielsage: 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
what of mechanical engineering
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Obakashdee(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
Please what of business administration?
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by jidxin(m): 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
Makito015:
Omockery

What you read in school doesn't matter as long as you're not broke
is that his point... Nawa o
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by jidxin(m): 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2020
Karleb:

How many people who studied those courses can boast of a well paid job?

You are one of the lucky few.
you sef get his time... Like people don't digest the gist of the matter, they will just rush to sha type something
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 30, 2020
edoairways:

That is what most persons don't know. With time, the suggested course and skills by Reno Omokri would loose relevant when there are high number of persons opting in.
The thought still scares me for the future generations
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Jman06(m): 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
Chapman801:

The thought still scares me for the future generations
The thing is that standards should be raised for those courses. Technical and vocational centers should be created for those who can't gain admission into those sought-after courses.

Youths should be made to start off on time after basic education to learn those graphic design, fashion and designing, mechanics, furniture works, piggery, fishery, etc etc

It's better we have fewer university graduates who solve our problems than have many who contribute to the problems!
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by ukaface(f): 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
You see am?

He's preaching learning nursing for a year, and NMCN no go see this tweet to respond o. Issokay.

This country is a joke.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by bluefilm: 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2020
NAIJABOST:
According to Omokri, instead of spending 4 years studying, courses like Philosophy, Sociology, Linguistics, Religious studies and Public Admin, it is advisable to spend one year or even less to learn skills that are in high demand such as Coding, Forex trading, laboratory technology etc.

He wrote:

In this day and age, the 4 years you spend to read

Philosophy
Sociology
Linguistic
Religious Study
Public Admin

Is better spent learning high demand skills like coding, nursing, lab tec, forex trading, etc
In one year, or even less

https://naijabost.com/2020/09/29/dont-waste-your-4years-studying-these-5-courses-in-school-reno-omokri/

But Laycon studied Philosophy and today he is a landlord and a millionaire.

He must have used his philosophical ideas to mesmerize both his fellow housemates, and his fans.

My point is that NO KNOWLEDGE IS A WASTE.
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2020
Jman06:
The thing is that standards should be raised for those courses. Technical and vocational centers should be created for those who can't gain admission into those sought-after courses.

Youths should be made to start off on time after basic education to learn those graphic design, fashion and designing, mechanics, furniture works, piggery, fishery, etc etc

It's better we have fewer university graduates who solve our problems than have many who contribute to the problems!
You deserve an award for this proposed idea of yours. Our society believes that until get your degree then you are uneducated. It is not left there, some say until you are a Doctor, architect, engineer, lawyer, nurse then you are a nobody.
Then later these children who fail to secure these prestigious courses are forced into entrepreneurship because of "SOCIETY". We should know that Society will not suffer for us.
Thanks again for your ideas, they are valid.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by uzomanny(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
legendEMT:
I was tempted to add number 5 and 6

5) Biochemistry

6)Microbiology

before you come for me, I know graduates of these courses

Oga, what did you study?
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by merieam16(f): 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
Karleb:

How many people who studied those courses can boast of a well paid job?

You are one of the lucky few.
and the ones that didnt study can boost abi. Only few courses matter in Nigeria
Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by TheExclusive: 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2020
I disagree with Reno on this. In the Nigerian context, study anything you like. As long as you graduate with 2.1, can pass aptitude tests and interviews, then you're good to go. What happened to lecturing home and abroad.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Waste Your 4years Studying These 5 Courses In School’ – Reno Omokri by WorriorPlus: 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
NAIJABOST:
According to Omokri, instead of spending 4 years studying, courses like Philosophy, Sociology, Linguistics, Religious studies and Public Admin, it is advisable to spend one year or even less to learn skills that are in high demand such as Coding, Forex trading, laboratory technology etc.

He wrote:

In this day and age, the 4 years you spend to read

Philosophy
Sociology
Linguistic
Religious Study
Public Admin

Is better spent learning high demand skills like coding, nursing, lab tec, forex trading, etc
In one year, or even less

https://naijabost.com/2020/09/29/dont-waste-your-4years-studying-these-5-courses-in-school-reno-omokri/
Or learn affiliate/online marketing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" / Yabatech Part-time Nd And Hnd For 2010/2011 Is Out! / Help Confirm If this Is Legit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.