Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

#fixabaranjeroad - Residents Of Ikotun Lagos Are Tired And Frustrated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #fixabaranjeroad - Residents Of Ikotun Lagos Are Tired And Frustrated (212 Views)

El-Rufai Did Not Say Tinubu Is Old, Tired And Should Retire / 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni / Most Okada Riders In Lagos Are Criminals- Police Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#fixabaranjeroad - Residents Of Ikotun Lagos Are Tired And Frustrated by paulstrings(m): 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2020
Have you been to Abaranje in Ikotun Lagos State?

The Abaranje road is a mess and the worst part is that it has been like that for a long time and it keeps getting worse.

I present a challenge to the LCDA Chairman in Ikotun:
If She can drive her car (not SUV) every day to and fro the length of Abaranje for one month consistently without visiting the mechanic, then she wins #100,000.

The Road at this point is a death trap to cars and causes mental and physical damage to residents.

The Residents of Abaranje deserve better.

* We dread visiting the area because of damages to our vehicles.
* People living in the area dread going out because of the exhaustion they face after commuting on that road.
* Transportation fares have increased because of the bad roads.
* You waste more time on the road because the road is bad.
* Ridehailing services like Uber and Bolt drivers usually avoid those areas.
* If you have an emergency and you need to pass that road, you will surely waste time and face critical consequences.

https://www.distancesfrom.com/ng/distance-from-Abaranje-Road-to-Ikotun-Nigeria/DistanceHistory/15198690.aspx

Driving Distance - 3km
Driving Time - 9 minutes

Normally, Driving should take just 9 minutes.
But presently you'll need 35-40 mins to ply through that road while your car suffer damage and you getting stressed out physically.

If the government cannot afford to immediately fix the road, i think that they can allow private citizens to do that from their own pockets. I don't think any further delay will make this easier.
This is the best time to swing into action.

Sometime this year, while travelling on the Horrible Abaranje road, I saw trucks filled with sand just at the beginning of the road.

Finally, the government has come to save us from the horrors of this road. I thought.

Brethren, Lo and behold, they just poured the sand mixed with gravel on the road, cleared the gutters and left the road like that.

Months later, Motorists are risking their cars and lives on that road every day. There aren’t viable alternatives also. Residents have no choice but to ply that same road ever yday.

I have a family that has spent hundreds of thousands of naira fixing their car this same year.
If they had pooled that money with other vehicle owners in that axis, they would have built themselves a great road that will give them relief and make commuting easier.

Why then do we suffer Needlessly?

Here's the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the IGANDO-IKOTUN LCDA
Chairman:
MORENIKE A ADESINA-WILLIAMS

VICE:
DADA ADEWUNMI

There is no need reaching out to the Lagos state governor Sanwoolu about this issue. You can search for their contact details on the internet and politely ask them the reason why they haven't fixed the roads and when they intend to fix it.

Enough is Enough

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Supporters Considering Jonathan For 2023 Presidential Run / Akwa Ibom Farmers Laud Buhari, CBN For Business Loans To Farmers / Why Do Nigerians Love To Tarnish & Insults Their Country Outside?video) .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.