Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Ambassadorial Nominee Fails To Recite National Anthem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambassadorial Nominee Fails To Recite National Anthem (1210 Views)

Ministerial Nominee, Kayode Fayemi John’s CV / See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited... / Senate Okays 8 For Ambassadorial Positions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambassadorial Nominee Fails To Recite National Anthem by billante(m): 1:53am On Mar 03, 2011
ABUJA-AN ambassadorial designate, Mrs. Ijioma Bristol, yesterday failed to recite both the national anthem and pledge before the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs.
Mrs. Bristol, wife of Nigerian Ambassador to France, who was screened yesterday as one of the 25 career ambassadorial nominees by the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs could not recite the first stanza of the national anthem.
Mrs. Bristol, who hails from Anambra State, was asked three times to recite the first stanza of the national anthem, but she failed on all occasions. She also failed to name the capital of Jigawa State when asked by the committee.
Chairman of the Committee, Senator Jibril Aminu, in reaction to her failure recommended that she be sent to do a crash programme on national anthem.

What has capital of a state got to do with competency, i bet those senators cant recite d latter part of d national anthem
Re: Ambassadorial Nominee Fails To Recite National Anthem by ekubear1: 3:31am On Mar 03, 2011
lol, a bit sad lipsrsealed
Re: Ambassadorial Nominee Fails To Recite National Anthem by Ramnon2: 3:50am On Mar 03, 2011
seanet02:

Why do you blame her? Ibos don't believe in Nigeria likewise me myself. The only grudges i have with her is trying to eat her own vomit. Since you don't believe in one Nigeria why try to be one of the Ambassadors of One Nigeria? How did she got promoted to secondary school? Educational standard in ibo land is stone age standard! Lol

A minister nominee from Ondo could not recite the anthem either and did not know the capital of Taraba. This happened in 07 (before this Igbo one) during Yaradua's time
Re: Ambassadorial Nominee Fails To Recite National Anthem by jumobi1(m): 4:00am On Mar 03, 2011
I don't even know the capital of Jigawa.
She should know the National anthem though.
Re: Ambassadorial Nominee Fails To Recite National Anthem by seanet02: 4:14am On Mar 03, 2011
Ramnon.2:

A minister nominee from Ondo could not recite the anthem either and did not know the capital of Taraba. This happened in 07 (before this Igbo one) during Yaradua's time
Na lie go kill you. Can you provide the name and link to this unimpressing lie?
Re: Ambassadorial Nominee Fails To Recite National Anthem by Ramnon2: 5:43am On Mar 03, 2011
seanet02:

Na lie go kill you. Can you provide the name and link to this unimpressing lie?

I will find it, but here is another Yoruba failed minister to ruminate on first

Ministerial Nominee Fails NEEDS Test
http://allafrica.com/stories/200505190259.html
Re: Ambassadorial Nominee Fails To Recite National Anthem by Ramnon2: 5:45am On Mar 03, 2011
Ministerial Nominee fails simple questions.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-255.0.htmll
Re: Ambassadorial Nominee Fails To Recite National Anthem by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 03, 2011
LOL oh what a shame!! Shame on you, Ijioma! sad
Even I can recite our national anthem.
grin grin
Re: Ambassadorial Nominee Fails To Recite National Anthem by yarodin: 7:56am On Mar 03, 2011
Honestly who freaking cares, I am sure most of those big men/women chopping well well in Naija hardly can recite the national anthem or pledge talkless of knowing the capital of any other States in Nigeria. Maybe she bleeped/paid her way from primary school through university, so had no time to learn the national anthem or pledge.

(1) (Reply)

The Country Should Be Divided. / National Assembly Doubles Its Budget Allocation / Rochas’ Chief Of Staff And 18 Others Remanded By Owerri Magistrate Court.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.