Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,372 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! (909 Views)

Buhari Travels Too much / President Buhari Travels To Germany With Fashola, Dambazau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by PapaBrowne(m): 10:46am On Mar 03, 2011
Ok! How do I start? Let me start with a prayer! May God grant Buhari long life and prosperity! May he live all of his days in good health and sound mind!
I've started with a prayer so nobody accuses me of wishing Buhari bad! I'm just asking a genuine question that any rational thinker would ask!

Now, lets assume Buhari wins the election come April and is sworn in on May 29th 2011!Then on May 30th, he is called on a trip "to another planet!

Questions
*Are we as Nigerians ready to accept Bakare as our president?

*Are all the northerners in the crowd at the Kaduna rally who have chosen Buhari because he is a Muslim, ready to have a radical Pastor as as their president?

*Are all those shouting[b] "Sai Buhari" ready to shout "Sai Bakare"[/b] in the event of Buhari "making an unplanned trip to say Jupiter or Venus"

*Are the supporters of the BB ticket taking time out to ask themselves if Bakare has the required experience and political sagacity to lead this very complex cacophonous contraption called Nigeria??

*Are the proponents of zoning aware that they could end up with another South Western president?? Are they not going to plunge Nigeria into another constitutional crisis in the event of such an unplanned trip as we saw in the case of Yar Adua's trip to Saudi??

*Are the extremists who adore Buhari desperately not going to bomb this country to smitherings in the event we find ourselves with a muslim turned Pastor as  our President??

These questions are not out of place. First [/b]because, Buhari is an old man of 70. [b]Secondly, we are still fresh off the crisis that was caused by Yar Adua's trip. And Thirdly, because Buhari is so much of a regional champion that his supporters would accept only someone from their region!

I put these same questions on Jonathan and Ribadu's vice- Sambo and Adeola and I find that because they are not regional candidates, it is easy to accept their vices in the event of a trip to another planet! But for Buhari, I don't think his supporters are ready!!
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by Jamesakume(m): 11:30am On Mar 03, 2011
Really interesting analysis, Buhari has always had the reputation of being an Islamic extremist. The Buhari/Bakare ticket is to me a case of trying to mix oil & water. Lets pretend for a minute that they actually win the election and move into the state house, i am quite sure that it would be a difficult task for them both to work together, Buhari an extremist, while bakare a radical pastor. more time would be spent arguing over their method of operation, than actually working on changing NIgeria. The Ribadu/Adeola ticket on the other hand is a stable and reliable ticket. They are two professionals who understand the deep rooted problems of Nigeria, with a strong commitment to bringing about National transformation in our beloved country. GEJ has shown us that he has no plan for us as a nation. RIbadu is the answer to the problems affecting this nation.
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by solihu(m): 11:43am On Mar 03, 2011
Well, first of all let me start by saying guy "your mind dotty no be small!".

Since all your assertations are based on ''if" I'd say you didn't consider Buhari outliving Bakare. Fact is the call to the great beyond has little to do with how long you lived.

Personally, I give considerations to the ability of any individual, regardless of his age, ethnicity and religion that can navigate the ship of governance amidst all the stormy wheather in Nigeria.
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by PapaBrowne(m): 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2011
Jamesakume:

Really interesting analysis, Buhari has always had the reputation of being an Islamic extremist. The Buhari/Bakare ticket is to me a case of trying to mix oil & water. Lets pretend for a minute that they actually win the election and move into the state house, i am quite sure that it would be a difficult task for them both to work together, Buhari an extremist, while bakare a radical pastor. more time would be spent arguing over their method of operation, than actually working on changing NIgeria. The Ribadu/Adeola ticket on the other hand is a stable and reliable ticket. They are two professionals who understand the deep rooted problems of Nigeria, with a strong commitment to bringing about National transformation in our beloved country. GEJ has shown us that he has no plan for us as a nation. RIbadu is the answer to the problems affecting this nation.

I like the Ribadu/Adeola ticket! It actually looks like the best ticket! But they don't seem interested in winning the elections as their campaign is very lack lustre!!
Not only do Buhari and Bakare not fit each other, Buhari supporters would be less than ready to accept Bakare as President in any eventuality!! Buhari brought Bakare to this ticket just to make him win Christain votes the same way McCain brought Sarah Palin to the ticket to energize the evangelical conservative base!
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by PapaBrowne(m): 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2011
solihu:

Since all your assertations are based on ''if" I'd say you didn't consider Buhari outliving Bakare. Fact is the call to the great beyond has little to do with how long you lived.

[b]Personally, I give considerations to the ability of any individual, regardless of his age, ethnicity and religion that can navigate the ship of governance amidst all the stormy wheather in Nigeria.

I am on the same page with you on the bolded! But are those radicals who would vote Buhari for the simple fact that Jonathan is not a muslim, ready to have not just a christian, but a radical pastor as president in the case of an "unplanned trip" by Buhari!
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by damas11111(m): 12:19pm On Mar 03, 2011
very dry topic. Full of "ifs". How do you expect a serious debate from this?
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by Tunsbobo(m): 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2011
I don't Buhari at all! The only reason why he chose Bakare as his running mate was to get christain votes and more votes from the southwest. Lets assume they get elected, it will only be a matter of time before they both disagree on many important issues! Buhari might even use dubious means to send bakare packing! The Bb ticket is vulnerable to future violence and conflict. Nigerians, pls shine your eye wella; all that glitters is not gold!
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by Tunsbobo(m): 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2011
I don't trust Buhari at all! The only reason why he chose Bakare as his running mate was to get christain votes and more votes from the southwest. Lets assume they get elected, it will only be a matter of time before they both disagree on many important issues! Buhari might even use dubious means to send bakare packing! The Bb ticket is vulnerable to future violence and conflict. Nigerians, pls shine your eye wella; all that glitters is not gold!
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by ekubear1: 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2011
Jamesakume:

Really interesting analysis, Buhari has always had the reputation of being an Islamic extremist. The Buhari/Bakare ticket is to me a case of trying to mix oil & water. Lets pretend for a minute that they actually win the election and move into the state house, i am quite sure that it would be a difficult task for them both to work together, Buhari an extremist, while bakare a radical pastor. more time would be spent arguing over their method of operation, than actually working on changing NIgeria.
I don't get it. Nigeria's problems tend to be bread and butter sort of things, not really religion. For the 5% of Nigerian issues that are religion related, sure, there might be some disagreement. But for the remaining 95%. . . why would there be problems between the two?
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by Nsiman(m): 12:35pm On Mar 03, 2011
Papabrown, i thump up for u on ur analysis and foresight. I wish bb supporters will reason likewise
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2011
which human beings are still looking at religion and ethnicity of candidates rather than credibilty? If I were to do the same I should be pushing for an Orji Uzor Kalu presidency.

If (God forbid) Buhari is unable to continue I have enough trust in his credibility and judgement to rally behind Bakare as president. It would have been hard if his vice were Tinubu because I personally don't see Tinubu as a true progressive.
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by egift(m): 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2011
I like the way all of Jonathan's supporters are here to carefully analyze the death of the best team Nigeria have this electoral period. Its cool cool

Let me ask:
Will all these Niger Delta militant flexing their musle in support of President Goodluck Jonathan be ready to do the same. If wins the election come April and is sworn in on May 29th 2011!Then on May 30th, he decides to "travel to another planet?  grin
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by Pataki: 1:12pm On Mar 03, 2011
These questions are not out of place. First because, Buhari is an old man of 70. Secondly, we are still fresh off the crisis that was caused by Yar Adua's trip. And Thirdly, because Buhari is so much of a regional champion that his supporters would accept only someone from their region!

I put these same questions on Jonathan and Ribadu's vice- Sambo and Adeola and I find that because they are not regional candidates, it is easy to accept their vices in the event of a trip to another planet! But for Buhari, I don't think his supporters are ready!!

This is rather a lame argument to proffer.

Was Yar'Adua an old man of 70 equally?

Was Abacha an old man of 70 equally?

How old was Obasanjo when he contested for presidency twice?

Back to reality:

I am a supporter of Buhari. I am not from his region. So does that still imply Buhari's supporters are regional supporters and Buhari himself is a regional champion?

In case you do not get it, Buhari's supporters are not supporting him based on region or him having a Bakare, we are supporting his presidency based on the dire need of CHANGE and CREDIBILITY in Nigerian leadership. Enough is enough of looters and bad leaders from PDP.

While noting that some died while on the position of leadership such late Yar'adua and Abacha, it is equally worth noting that NONE of those who replaced them at the helm of affairs, were in anyway better! They were actually more worse off.

And with men of decency such as Buhari/Bakare; Nigeria has great hopes of sound leaders who care in utmost regard for the nation.
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by PapaBrowne(m): 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2011
Stromae:

which human beings are still looking at religion and ethnicity of candidates rather than credibilty? If I were to do the same I should be pushing for an Orji Uzor Kalu presidency.

If (God forbid) Buhari is unable to continue I have enough trust in his credibility and judgement to rally behind Bakare as president. It would have been hard if his vice were Tinubu because I personally don't see Tinubu as a true progressive.

Oh brada! You have no idea what is happening in the North West!! People are being told to vote Buhari because his victory is a victory for Islam! Jonathan, they say is an usurper!! He has stolen what "rightly belongs to the north"! He is a zionist!! He is supporting the christians in Jos!! He will work against Islam!! And so on and so fault!!
Or you think the crowd in Kaduna was there for credibility Wish you knew!

Me I like Buhari, don't get me wrong, but I must ask questions looking at the whole context and the questions I've posed are just a snippet of a whole lot other questions the average mind should ask before supporting a ticket whether BB, GEJ or Ribadu!!
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by PapaBrowne(m): 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2011
Pataki:

This is rather a lame argument to proffer.

Was Yar'Adua an old man of 70 equally?

Was Abacha an old man of 70 equally?

How old was Obasanjo when he contested for presidency twice?

Back to reality:

I am a supporter of Buhari. I am not from his region. So does that still imply Buhari's supporters are regional supporters and Buhari himself is a regional champion?

In case you do not get it, Buhari's supporters are not supporting him based on region or him having a Bakare, we are supporting his presidency based on the dire need of CHANGE and CREDIBILITY in Nigerian leadership. Enough is enough of looters and bad leaders from PDP.

While noting that some died while on the position of leadership such late Yar'adua and Abacha, it is equally worth noting that NONE of those who replaced them at the helm of affairs, were in anyway better! They were actually more worse off.

And with men of decency such as Buhari/Bakare; Nigeria has great hopes of sound leaders who care in utmost regard for the nation.

There is nothing lame about the argument! These are genuine questions!! Pataki, ask yourself genuinely, If there is a need for Bakare to eventually become our president before the expiration of the Buhari ticket, would most of Buhari's supporters especially those in North West Nigeria who are voting him because of his religion be willing to have a Pastor as their president This is a genuine question!!

You say Buhari's supporters like you are not supporting him based on ethno-religious centrism, I totally agree! But can you say the same for those in Sokoto, Kano, Katsina, Zamfara and the likes?? Buhari is 70 and I know he is strong and healthy, but 70 is old age by any means and the rigor of the office can be very intense for a man that age!!
The same people singing "Sai Buhari" failed to ask the same question about Yar Adua despite the fact the man wasn't up to the task. So we ended up in a political quagmire! Now lets just ask the simple questions we always forget to ask!
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 03, 2011
solihu:

Personally, I give considerations to the ability of any individual, regardless of his age, ethnicity and religion that can navigate the ship of governance amidst all the stormy wheather in Nigeria.

His mind is not dirty, I have also thought of the same thing. And believe me, the consiquences are far too great if Buhari dies while the resverse is the case if Jonathan dies.

Also, Buhari and Bakare working together, is another ball game altogether. Buhari does not know what you call diplomacy and Bakare also does not know that. Its going to be cat and mouse.

People are just being emotional about the whole thing.

Mr. President remains the best option for now.
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by Ibime(m): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ OP, you've posed a legitimate question to the Northerners, so let me pose a question to the Niger-Deltans:

What if one of our own runs for President, we support him enmasse and then he rubbishes all our calls for constitution amendment and shows no political will to effecting the change that will give us land rights. Will our struggle ever hold legitimacy ever again?

In that case, whatever we want to achieve must be achieved by 2015 or we forever hold our peace. Can we point to any roadmap instigated by GEJ toward meeting our demands? He has already told us that the 1999 constitution is the best for Naija as it is a "democratic constitution".

We've gone from being vociferous haters of the PDP to being PDP greatest supporters without the attendant change in PDP structure that would trigger such. Is this all because of a chance for one of ours to "join the lootocracy" or because we notice evident change in the gathering of robbers called PDP?
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by agabaI23(m): 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
Ibime:

@ OP, you've posed a legitimate question to the Northerners, so let me pose a question to the Niger-Deltans:

What if one of our own runs for President, we support him enmasse and then he rubbishes all our calls for constitution amendment and shows no political will to effecting the change that will give us land rights. Will our struggle ever hold legitimacy ever again?

In that case, whatever we want to achieve must be achieved by 2015 or we forever hold our peace. Can we point to any roadmap instigated by GEJ toward meeting our demands? He has already told us that the 1999 constitution is the best for Naija as it is a "democratic constitution".

We've gone from being vociferous haters of the PDP to being PDP greatest supporters without the attendant change in PDP structure that would trigger such. Is this all because of a chance for one of ours to "join the lootocracy" or because we notice evident change in the gathering of robbers called PDP?
And seriously you think you will get what you were looking for if Buhari wins? I wonder!!!!!!! Does Buhari have any road map towards meeting ND agitations?
Under which Government will you fair better? Buhari or GEJ?

FYI GEJ does not have regional support because he is not a regional champion.
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by Beaf: 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2011
Ibime:

Do not project yourself on others. There is no difference between political parties in Nigeria, except that PDP is national and the rest are regional. They are all corrupt and employ violence to various degree's. To single out the PDP is to be narrow minded.

I second what Agaba123 said earlier.
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by Ibime(m): 6:59pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ Agaba,

I know the advantages of the two other parties over PDP.

For one, ACN is committed to Federalism.

Secondly, Buhari may not have the desired approach to Federalism but he has a far better approach to corruption.

Whichever way you slice the cake, I see no PDP advantage over the other two in the 2 key issues for me.
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by agabaI23(m): 7:47pm On Mar 03, 2011
^Just like a new pentecostal church be committed to holiness in their early years. They will all badmouth catholic church but give each one 10 years and the cracks will appear.

Why are people closing their eyes to the fact that Tinubu holds the ace in ACN. Who is more corrupt? See what he did with Lagos state. He will do exactly what Atiku did with BPE if he grabs the presidency through Ribadu and will never give Ribadu any free hands. Ask Fashiola!

Buhari federalism is not in him and he is like Ghadafi. . he is always right. Being averse to corruption does not mean that one can fight corruption effectively. May be he could succeed in a military regime where he will not have to ask anyone before a decree is passed. In democracy setting, he will find it difficult.

^The grip that PDP has on Nigeria needs to be broken and none of the other parties is serious about doing that.
We are left with PDP and we have two options in dealing with the malaise- one is someone emerging from among their ranks making it obvious he is going to dump them afterwards, that person will not see the day light.

The other option is a green snake in a green grass who will meander with them but is not with them and that is the like of Jonathan. Jonathan has very genuine intentions which is why even the likes of Ribadu has a pipe dream he will win. The hopes of BB and Ribadu are more on free and fair election which Jonathan has promised and is seriously working towards achieving.

It is easier to reform from inside than outside
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by bokusogu: 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2011
President Reagan was about the same age when he successfully led the U.S., for two terms, to economic prosperity. I am from Delta State and am supporting Buhari/Bakare. Religion, ethnicity, and region are no factors in my choice for a president. Using those factors is parochial and clannish tendencies that inhibit progress. Educate yourself about the facts on each candidate instead of spouting hear-say street rumors. Buhari was once an effective and successful head of state. Read his speech in the attached document for a quick education on the man.

Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by agabaI23(m): 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2011
This is what he said about education reform
EDUCATION SECTOR REFORMS
Our education system does not need any cosmetic reforms. 6-3-3-4 or 6-6-4 sounds to me like the formation of a football team. It cannot be tinkered with or amended any further along this path. The Nigerian Education system needs a root – and branch reform. Education shall be a right to all Nigerians but for a nation to develop it must get its education priorities right. Nigeria cannot become the great nation of our dream without the necessary brain power and human resources. We have no chance of becoming great if we continue to maintain an education system whereby only 20-percent of candidates pass SSCE/GCE examinations.
We are building more and more universities yet the present ones are inadequately funded to undertake learning, teaching and research. Mediocrity multiplied only produces mass mediocrity. Our aim, when in government is to adequately fund the system to produce quality education for development. Some Nigerians have wondered why we chose the pen as part of CPC logo. Truth is, the pen symbolizes our commitment to quality education and by extension knowledge, development and progress
He only attacked the present system, he did not tell us what he will do.
What is the meaning of root and branch reform?

I just chose this one because it is small.
NATIONAL SECURITY
Security of life and property is the number one duty of any government. No responsible government would allow religious killings, ritual killings, bombing, armed robbery, kidnapping, to continue unchallenged within its jurisdiction.
The immediate task at hand must be to secure Nigeria better and manage it better. I therefore pledge to you that if I am elected to be your president in the upcoming 2011 election, I would secure Nigeria better and manage it better. Our administration will pursue an exemplary shift that will introduce far reaching and consultative reforms of Nigerian security agencies in line with the best modern practices. We shall replace the on-going cosmetic police reforms with a consultative reform of the police force and other security agencies.
Unfortunately, Police Reforms in Nigeria have become the bywords for bogus budgets and contracts which hardly have any impact the way police officers do their jobs, neither has they ever trickled down to improve the physical working environment at the police stations around the country. If you vote for me, our administration will bring in smart and intelligent policing that would have the fundamental human rights of citizens at heart. We would build a robust intelligent infrastructure for the security agents in the country. Our Nation’s Security must be predicated on the principle of proactive intelligence designed to prevent crimes or security threats before they take place. And quickly quell them when they occur. That is why we must pay special attention to funding and improvement of our intelligence infrastructures.
YOUTH EMPLOYMENT
About eighty-four million Nigerians are young p,
We all know the problem of the country, but we do not know what to do.

What is he going to do about security? Our administration will pursue an exemplary shift that will introduce far reaching and consultative reforms of Nigerian security agencies in line with the best modern practices.
What will you do?

See the bolded and tell me if that is not vague.

The red text is supposed to be part of the previous sentence. Who wrote his speech?
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by PapaBrowne(m): 8:52pm On Mar 03, 2011
Ibime:

Ok, Ibime, Nice reverse on the question! You've raised very salient points and I genuinely expect all those supporting GEJ with the expectation that he would  fix the Niger Delta quagmire, to think in depth about the posers you've raised!
The purpose for which I support the Jonathan ticket has very little to the with his region of origin!! While I think he might bring a little succour to the region, I have my reservations about the continued fixation on oil by the people of the Niger Delta!! I think Niger Deltans can think beyond oil! My point is, my support for the Jonathan ticket has little to the with his region of origin and the distribution of its resources!

I have stated before that I support Jonathan for three reasons and they mainly have to do with the Structure and  Economics of this country!
My first is Power generation! Jonathan has by far the best power road-map of any of the candidates. I have seen that of Buhari and Ribadu- its all rhetorics!! Ribadu is talking alternative energy, Buhari is talking 50,000 MW in 5 years, but they aren't interested in handing over to the private sector!! How dem wan take do the magicIts all gibberish!

The second reason is Private sector participation! [/b]Jonathan's government is very pro private sector! Entrepreneurship would thrive immensely under Jonathan!! His approach might not be excellent and I have my reservations but its definitely in the right direction!! Just an example. We might underestimate for instance the disbursement of $200million to the entertainment industry, but if you knew the potential multiplier effect on entrepreneurship, you'll get a picture of what I'm saying!

[b]The third reason is ephemeral and at the same time very fundamental! It is the breaking of the hegemonic tendencies of the Northern Elite!!
Much of all the problems we face in this country can be traced directly to the born to rule philosophy of the Northern Elite. Jonathan has completed something like a 270 degrees cycle in breaking that philosophy by going against the zoning trash! When he wins the election,the full 360 would be completed and the camel's back would be broken!!
You talked about true federalism! That could be traced to the third point I raised. But as an aside, if you are seeking true federalism , do you actually think it is in the purview of the executive to change our constitution?? ACN which cannot have a majority in the house cannot execute true federalism!!Buhari doesn't care for true federalism!! The best we can't get right now is the dismantling of the structures that have propagated mediocrity in the country!!
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by agabaI23(m): 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2011
Another good one from PPB^^^
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by Beaf: 10:30pm On Mar 03, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Ok, Ibime, Nice reverse on the question! You've raised very salient points and I genuinely expect all those supporting GEJ with the expectation that he would fix the Niger Delta quagmire, to think in depth about the posers you've raised!
The purpose for which I support the Jonathan ticket has very little to the with his region of origin!! While I think he might bring a little succour to the region, I have my reservations about the continued fixation on oil by the people of the Niger Delta!! I think Niger Deltans can think beyond oil! My point is, my support for the Jonathan ticket has little to the with his region of origin and the distribution of its resources!

I have stated before that I support Jonathan for three reasons and they mainly have to do with the Structure and Economics of this country!
My first is Power generation! Jonathan has by far the best power road-map of any of the candidates. I have seen that of Buhari and Ribadu- its all rhetorics!! Ribadu is talking alternative energy, Buhari is talking 50,000 MW in 5 years, but they aren't interested in handing over to the private sector!! How dem wan take do the magicIts all gibberish!

The second reason is Private sector participation! [/b]Jonathan's government is very pro private sector! Entrepreneurship would thrive immensely under Jonathan!! His approach might not be excellent and I have my reservations but its definitely in the right direction!! Just an example. We might underestimate for instance the disbursement of $200million to the entertainment industry, but if you knew the potential multiplier effect on entrepreneurship, you'll get a picture of what I'm saying!

[b]The third reason is ephemeral and at the same time very fundamental! It is the breaking of the hegemonic tendencies of the Northern Elite!!
Much of all the problems we face in this country can be traced directly to the born to rule philosophy of the Northern Elite. Jonathan has completed something like a 270 degrees cycle in breaking that philosophy by going against the zoning trash! When he wins the election,the full 360 would be completed and the camel's back would be broken!!
You talked about true federalism! That could be traced to the third point I raised. But as an aside, if you are seeking true federalism , do you actually think it is in the purview of the executive to change our constitution?? ACN which cannot have a majority in the house cannot execute true federalism!!Buhari doesn't care for true federalism!! The best we can't get right now is the dismantling of the structures that have propagated mediocrity in the country!!

Mint. How I long for the good old days of sensible discussion on NL.
My support for GEJ is due most to the 3rd item, especially with the calm, diplomatic way he's going about it; thats what Nigeria needs most desperately, Nigeria will never progress without the dismantling of the Northern Elite hegemony. Before GEJ, I'd always thought the only way forward was either a split or a violent revolution.
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by honeric01(m): 11:57pm On Mar 03, 2011
At you all.

Go and read his manifesto, the TRUE FEDERALISM the Niger deltans have been crying for was raised and tackled in his manifesto, this was never ever mentioned by GEJ and has not in anyway mentioned it since his campaign started, but here's a Buhari who's not from a oil producing state advocating and promising all of us that he's going to bring true federalism into existence.

Beaf and the rest ND, if truly you guys have been praying for true federalism which your boy GEJ is not promising is being promised by Buhari, why then are you guys not in support of your greatest concern and prayer TRUE FEDERALISM? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Go and read the manifesto with a pure heart, this is going to help the ND states.

http://buhari4change.com/
Re: What If Buhari "travels To Another Planet" On May 30th! by dayokanu(m): 12:33am On Mar 04, 2011
@OP,

What would happen if GEJ wins the election and just disappear since we know his supporters are mainly doing it for tribal and religious reasons?

Their argument has always been "Let someone from SS too be president, So if he dissapears and Sambo steps in, Would the bigotted GEJ supporters still support a Northern Moslem

* They claimed GEJ was annointed by God and hence their support, If GEJ should dissapear, Would they come out to say God is lying? or they would say somebody sabotaged Gods plan?

* Given that GEJ is clueless if he should come to presidency and Sambo appears to have a clue, "Would Fresh air not turn to Stale air" Wont GEJ supporters riot that Sambo is too intelligent for them to understand?

* We all know GEJ is a registered member of MEND and in fact their spokesman, If GEJ dissapears and Sambo cant effectively speak for MEND wont the militants resort to blowing pipes all over?

* We know GEJ encourages spilling blood in Jos, Borno etc If Sambo should step in and attempt to stop the bloodshedding, Wont GEJ's supporters feel like Sambo is working against their plans?

The above a valid questions that need to be answered given that should GEJ win, He did not win based on merit given that he is clearly the dumbest person to ever hold that post, but by using the power of incumbency to intimidate perceived opponents, instigating banal sectional and religious sentiments and bribing his way through.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Shocked Me, Destroyed CPC / 3000 Politicians Should Be Preparing For A Jail Term If Cpc Wins-Buhari / Rochas Okorocha Dares Police To Arrest Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.