Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones (9045 Views)

Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. / Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Venoms001(f): 12:03am On Oct 05, 2020
It's not new that these xiaomi fan boys and marketers are aggressively marketing their products everywhere by bringing other brands down just to make their shitty brands relevant. I will urge you not to fall into their traps or else trust me it's going to end in premium tears. grin Trust me most of these xiaomi fan boys are hypocrites, they don't even use what they market.. 85% of them uses the brands they do badmouth secretly and will come here to mislead innocent souls. Here are 7 things Xiaomi Marketers and Fan boys will never disclose to you about their shitty brands:
1. Overated camera: Have you ever wonder why xiaomi fan boys do search for Gcams hypercams, snapseed, lightroom etc grin? Ok here is the reason, their so called stock camera is a way overated which they know deep down cannot take a great pics except with the use of third party cameras. You can never get a unique shot with xiaomi stock camera especially when using selfie camera

2. Outdoor brightness is too poor: hardly can you operate a xiaomi device under the Sun. Because their phone comes with a very weak brightness especially when been operates outdoor

3. Frustrating adds: Xiaomi will frustrate you with ads on their device in which you will always get irritated at every point in time

4. Scarcity of spare parts: this is the most disadvantage of using a xiaomi device. Get ready to be a regular customer of Ali express to order a new part whenever your phone is faulty. Keep your debit card save because you will be needing it from time to time grin

5. Over weighted: if you are used to carrying a bag of cement, you can go for a xiaomi device grin

6. Poor in MIUI RAM management and low refresh rate on their so called midrange phones

7. Poor Service Center : it will take several months for your phone to get fixed. Just take note and no guarantee that it will still get fixed after waiting for several months

Let me stop here for now, more still to come. Get yourself brands like:
Samsung
Oppo
Infinix Zero 8
Tecno Camon 16 premier ( those are the two phones i can guarantee you in transsion devices)
If you have the money, iphone is the best.

DON'T BE DECEIVED ON WHAT YOU SEE HERE BY XIAOMI FAN BOYS AND MARKETERS ON NAIRALAND. THEY ARE HYPOCRITES AND WILL GO TO ANY LENGTH TO FORCE THEIR BRAND ON YOUR THROAT.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Goldencheese(m): 12:20am On Oct 05, 2020
Thanks for sharing.
Venoms001:
It's not new that these xiaomi fan boys and marketers are aggressively marketing their products everywhere by bringing other brands down just to make their shitty brands relevant. I will urge you not to fall into their traps or else trust me it's going to end in premium tears. grin Trust me most of these xiaomi fan boys are hypocrites, they don't even use what they market.. 85% of them uses the brands they do badmouth secretly and will come here to mislead innocent souls. Here are 7 things Xiaomi Marketers and Fan boys will never disclose to you about their shitty brands:
1. Overated camera: Have you ever wonder why xiaomi fan boys do search for Gcams hypercams, snapseed, lightroom etc grin? Ok here is the reason, their so called stock camera is a way overated which they know deep down cannot take a great pics except with the use of third party cameras. You can never get a unique shot with xiaomi stock camera especially when using selfie camera

2. Outdoor brightness is too poor: hardly can you operate a xiaomi device under the Sun. Because their phone comes with a very weak brightness especially when been operates outdoor

3. Frustrating adds: Xiaomi will frustrate you with ads on their device in which you will always get irritated at every point in time

4. Scarcity of spare parts: this is the most disadvantage of using a xiaomi device. Get ready to be a regular customer of Ali express to order a new part whenever your phone is faulty. Keep your debit card save because you will be needing it from time to time grin

5. Over weighted: if you are used to carrying a bag of cement, you can go for a xiaomi device grin

6. Poor in MIUI RAM management and low refresh rate on their so called midrange phones

7. Poor Service Center : it will take several months for your phone to get fixed. Just take note and no guarantee that it will still get fixed after waiting for several months

Samsung
Oppo
Infinix Zero 8
Tecno Camon 16 premier ( those are the two phones i can guarantee you in transsion devices)

DON'T BE DECEIVED ON WHAT YOU SEE HERE BY XIAOMI FAN BOYS AND MARKETERS ON NAIRALAND. THEY ARE HYPOCRITES AND WILL GO TO ANY LENGTH TO FORCE THEIR BRAND ON YOUR THROAT.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 05, 2020
Doesn't matter the brand

Once it's from China it's exactly = Trash.

That being said

IPhone or nothing

Yes iPhone is manufactured in China but just the parts

Not the concept or quality

Anything owned and designed by chinese is trash and useless

9 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by lastburn(m): 12:48am On Oct 05, 2020
Okay
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 05, 2020
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Chuksteric(m): 1:01am On Oct 05, 2020
Lol
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Elxandre(m): 1:22am On Oct 05, 2020
You have some valid points with the service centres availability.

The rest points are invalid though.
Xiaomi phones are heavier because of the use of metal and glass compared to the plastic often used on these infinix and the likes.

However, people aren't just choosing this brand by accident. I believe they know what they like.
Typing this from a Mi 8 with a snapdragon 845 processor.
Maybe you could find a TECNO or infinx that could rival the power in this device, who knows. undecided

69 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by KINGJAJA888(m): 2:26am On Oct 05, 2020
shocked
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by KinzyeWriter(m): 4:08am On Oct 05, 2020
1. my Xaomi note 8 was used to take this beauty.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by KinzyeWriter(m): 4:10am On Oct 05, 2020
KinzyeWriter:
1. Xaomi was used to take this beauty.

19 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by KinzyeWriter(m): 4:21am On Oct 05, 2020
Venoms001:

Samsung
Oppo
Infinix Zero 8

The back cover of my redmi note 8 is made of glass, and guess what? it feels better than a painted plastic back cover.

However, you are right that there is scarcity of Xiaomi spare parts but that doesn't mean it is overrated.

My phone is almost up to a year and I haven't experience anything like lagging or hanging whatsoever, the processor is serving me just perfectly.

Outdoor brightness? I personally don't like a phone with strong backlight like small chinko phones, I love it cool with mad and punchy graphics, and that is xaomi. If you are outdoor, all you need to do is to disable the 'eye care mode' and increase the backlight. dasall

Ads are one hell of a menace for me and all android smartphones are guilty, that's why iPhone will have my respect on that one.

If a phone is hyped, e get why. If anything, this Xaomi is not just overrated.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by eleojo23: 5:05am On Oct 05, 2020
Are you guys still opening this type of thread in 2020 even after Xiaomi has officially entered Nigeria?

This thread should be thrown back to 2015, it doesn't belong in 2020.

Typing from my 3-years-old Redmi Note 4

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Jafar1: 6:38am On Oct 05, 2020
Tecno o, Xiaomi o, Infinix o, Itel o....
All na trash..
Samsung all the way.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by queenfav(f): 6:50am On Oct 05, 2020
Why do Nigerians criticize without facts?Go on AliExpress to see that Xiaomi phones are the highest selling devices with people buying it from Russia,USA,UK etc

Even on Amazon, it's selling out worldwide!I have used two Xiaomi devices (using a mi note 10 lite presently) and i never had any issues!

I have been privileged to use Samsung s8 in 2018,an iphone 5 way back in 2014,but none gave me all round value for my money and satisfaction like my redmi note 5 pro did.If it was all you listed there,will i buy another of their device worth 150k last month?

I used the first mi phone for two years without any issues.I never for one day had to look for a service center because i didn't need it! That's what you should look for in a brand, durability!

Google search about top phone manufacturers in the world,xiaomi is listed.Gsmarena rated the redmi note 9s as the best overall mid range device in the world for 2020.

Bottom line,this rant is for the gullible on nairaland!I can afford to buy an iPhone 11 pro max or a Samsung galaxy s20.I got a Xiaomi device again because it's value for money and the features gives even flagship devices a run for their money!

Xiaomi is bad, xiaomi is this and that, yet they have an almost 8000 pages thread on nairaland.The highest for any phone brand here on nairaland!What does that tell you?

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by nathdim: 6:51am On Oct 05, 2020
No xiaomi phone can stand mate 20x
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by queenfav(f): 6:54am On Oct 05, 2020
KinzyeWriter:

The back cover of my redmi note 8 is made of glass, and guess what? it feels better than a painted plastic back cover.

However, you are right that there is scarcity of Xiaomi spare parts but that doesn't mean it is overrated.

My phone is almost up to a year and I haven't experience anything like lagging or hanging whatsoever, the processor is serving me just perfectly.

Outdoor brightness? I personally don't like a phone with strong backlight like small chinko phones, I love it cool with mad and punchy graphics, and that is xaomi. If you are outdoor, all you need to do is to disable the 'eye care mode' and increase the backlight. dasall

Ads are one hell of a menace for me and all android smartphones are guilty, that's why iPhone will have my respect on that one.

If a phone is hyped, e get why. If anything, this Xaomi is not just overrated.
Ads can be turned off easily on mi phones, it's optional.

14 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Randerl: 7:00am On Oct 05, 2020
nathdim:
No xiaomi phone can stand mate 20x

this is a Transsion vs Xiaomi thread. Carry your interrupt go Mate topic.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by nathdim: 7:02am On Oct 05, 2020
Randerl:

this is a Transsion vs Xiaomi thread. Carry your interrupt go Mate topic.
go wash your eyes read the topic wella

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by osamz007: 7:04am On Oct 05, 2020
YOU TALK FINISH COME PUT TECNO CAMON 16

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Calabar1stSon: 7:07am On Oct 05, 2020
Xiaomi are for geeks!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 05, 2020
The selfie camera aint that great. The back camera only works well in some conditions. I use a y9. Picture 1- ok. Picture 2 - wack

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by dasanchez1(m): 7:45am On Oct 05, 2020
eleojo23:
Are you guys still opening this type of thread in 2020 even after Xiaomi has officially entered Nigeria?

This thread should be thrown back to 2015, it doesn't belong in 2020.

Typing from my 3-years-old Redmi Note 4
old man. Even till date, that note 4 beat new generation transsion cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Classickj(m): 7:45am On Oct 05, 2020
queenfav:
Why do Nigerians criticize without facts?Go on AliExpress to see that Xiaomi phones are the highest selling devices with people buying it from Russia,USA,UK etc

Even on Amazon, it's selling out worldwide!I have used two Xiaomi devices (using a mi note 10 lite presently) and i never had any issues!

I have been privileged to use Samsung s8 in 2018,an iphone 5 wayback in 2014,but none gave me all round value for my money and satisfaction like my redmi note 5 pro did.If it was all you listed there,will i buy another of their device worth 150k last month?

I used the firs mi phone for two years without any issues.I never for one day had to look for a service center because i didn't need it! That's what you should look for in a brand, durability!

Google search about top phone manufacturers in the world,xiaomi is listed.Gsmarena rated the redmi note 9s as the best overall mid range device in the world for 2020.

Bottom line,this rant is for the gullible on nairaland!I can afford to buy an iPhone 11 pro max or a Samsung galaxy s20.I got a Xiaomi device again because it's value for money and the features gives even flagship devices a run for their money!

Xiaomi is bad, xiaomi is this and that, yet they have an almost 8000 pages thread on nairaland.The highest for any phone brand here on nairaland!What does that tell you?
come to think of it, is there no Tecno or infinix thread on NL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by sagieramos(m): 7:59am On Oct 05, 2020
Viewing this thread with my Redmi note 8

15 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by primestreams: 8:41am On Oct 05, 2020
Enjoying redmi 8

Battery na beast

8 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by FryMosquito: 8:42am On Oct 05, 2020
Hmmm! maybe you're trying to do ur job..
This ur campaign is misleading because Xiaomi phones are built with high quality parts, like the Xiaomi phones screens are of good quality compare to transsion phones you are advertising here.
What people want is quality not mediocre with parts scattered over Nigeria. People are wiser now.

With Xiaomi phones You have freedom to experiment with your phone and a large developer community supporting Xiaomi devices for a long time(e.g Gcam etc)

Amazing features that Xiaomi miui brings to the table.And getting miui updates for a long time.

13 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by HARMYMY(f): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2020
Nice share

Contact Hubbit Communications for your CAC registration /business or NGO registration. Contact number 08098600657
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by HisExcellence(m): 8:54am On Oct 05, 2020
Typing from Redmi Note 8 Pro, No lagging.
Why will I visit care center when my phone don't developed any fault.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Jafar1: 8:55am On Oct 05, 2020
queenfav:

I have been privileged to use Samsung s8 in 2018,an iphone 5 way back in 2014,but none gave me all round value for my money and satisfaction like my redmi note 5 pro did.If it was all you listed there,will i buy another of their device worth 150k last month?

I used the first mi phone for two years without any issues.I never for one day had to look for a service center because i didn't need it! That's what you should look for in a brand, durability!

8000 pages filled with complaints
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Buzx: 8:55am On Oct 05, 2020
Bonatheripper:
Doesn't matter the brand

Once it's from China it's exactly = Trash.

That being said

IPhone or nothing

Yes iPhone is manufactured in China but just the parts

Not the concept or quality

Anything owned and designed by chinese is trash and useless

This one just buy iPhone 6 last week. The thing still dey shack am.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by opera1(m): 8:58am On Oct 05, 2020
NIGERIANS LIKES BACKWARDNESS & WIL ALWAYZ TRY TO SETTLE 4 LESS.
AS 4 ME, I WIL ALWAYZ GO 4 THE BEST.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by yungrylex00(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2020
Thanks but no thanks
I love my redmi 8
Still saving for poco x3 or note 9 pro

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The List Of The Most Visited Website Worldwide / Mtn's New M-pulse Tarriff Plan Gives 1.2GB For N150 / Phone Mailbox Configuration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.