Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,164 members, 7,829,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones (9127 Views)

Whatever You Do Avoid Xiaomi Phones. / Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Brymo4all(m): 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
happy662:
Lies ... Fear God na. Xiaomi is far better than infinix and tecno. I represent Redmi note 9s

I need this phone but I'd like to know if the camera is great.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Osyxcel(m): 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
Well, the OP is right with regards to no. 1,2 & 4. For point 5, you may be partially right, but it's due to the glass front/back and big batteries on most models.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Osyxcel(m): 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
Brymo4all:

Stock cam is not great, but you can augment with Gcam.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Venoms001(f): 3:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
Brymo4all:

From a user that regretted buying the phone. She is a lover of good camera but she was disappointed with xiaomi camera after being lured by Facebook xiaomi fan boys with their sweet mouth. She was frustrated to sell the phone and later settled for Oppo A92 with great camera and specs. If you love yourself run away from xiaomi phones. They have poor cameras. Listen to these xiaomi nairaland fan boys and marketers at your own risk

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by dasanchez1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
eleojo23:

The Note 4 is a legend among its brothers . grin
legendary grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Faithful4real(m): 4:07pm On Oct 05, 2020
Venoms001:

From a user that regretted buying the phone. She is a lover of good camera but she was disappointed with xiaomi camera after being lured by Facebook xiaomi fan boys with their sweet mouth. She was frustrated to sell the phone and later settled for Oppo A92 with great camera and specs. If you love yourself run away from xiaomi phones. They have poor cameras. Listen to these xiaomi nairaland fan boys and marketers at your own risk
Which kind lie be this I'm using a redmi 9c and the camera is great even my friends are saying it too.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
Bonatheripper:

Produced not designed or innovated by chinese

??
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Venoms001(f): 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
Faithful4real:

Which kind lie be this I'm using a redmi 9c and the camera is great even my friends are saying it too.
It will be great in your eyes angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by happy662(m): 4:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
Brymo4all:

Yes, the � is great
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
My mi 9T has served me just for about 6 months, but I can't tell you how many times I've dropped this phone mistakenly on the sitting room tiles, toilet tiles, name it...I'm so careless with gadgets , that I barely use a phone up to 6 months without having cracks on the screen, even my power banks suffer same fate...but this mi 9T sti shocks me till date, no screen guard just the follow come pouch, and the pouch is falling apart cause of my careless use, but I've got no cracks malfunction whatsoever from the falls it has experienced... Xiaomi, any day, any time....

Mind you, bought it almost same price with your Samsung note phones...just a little price difference, but I chose it over Samsung...and I'm glad I did.

9 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Dominiqueismad: 4:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Venoms001:
It's not new that these xiaomi fan boys and marketers are aggressively marketing their products everywhere by bringing other brands down just to make their shitty brands relevant. I will urge you not to fall into their traps or else trust me it's going to end in premium tears. grin Trust me most of these xiaomi fan boys are hypocrites, they don't even use what they market.. 85% of them uses the brands they do badmouth secretly and will come here to mislead innocent souls. Here are 7 things Xiaomi Marketers and Fan boys will never disclose to you about their shitty brands:
1. Overated camera: Have you ever wonder why xiaomi fan boys do search for Gcams hypercams, snapseed, lightroom etc grin? Ok here is the reason, their so called stock camera is a way overated which they know deep down cannot take a great pics except with the use of third party cameras. You can never get a unique shot with xiaomi stock camera especially when using selfie camera

2. Outdoor brightness is too poor: hardly can you operate a xiaomi device under the Sun. Because their phone comes with a very weak brightness especially when been operates outdoor

3. Frustrating adds: Xiaomi will frustrate you with ads on their device in which you will always get irritated at every point in time

4. Scarcity of spare parts: this is the most disadvantage of using a xiaomi device. Get ready to be a regular customer of Ali express to order a new part whenever your phone is faulty. Keep your debit card save because you will be needing it from time to time grin

5. Over weighted: if you are used to carrying a bag of cement, you can go for a xiaomi device grin

6. Poor in MIUI RAM management and low refresh rate on their so called midrange phones

7. Poor Service Center : it will take several months for your phone to get fixed. Just take note and no guarantee that it will still get fixed after waiting for several months

Let me stop here for now, more still to come. Get yourself brands like:
Samsung
Oppo
Infinix Zero 8
Tecno Camon 16 premier ( those are the two phones i can guarantee you in transsion devices)
If you have the money, iphone is the best.

DON'T BE DECEIVED ON WHAT YOU SEE HERE BY XIAOMI FAN BOYS AND MARKETERS ON NAIRALAND. THEY ARE HYPOCRITES AND WILL GO TO ANY LENGTH TO FORCE THEIR BRAND ON YOUR THROAT.
go pay another thousands to seun for another advert. Ode

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Wearecoming: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
Venoms001:
It's not new that these xiaomi fan boys and marketers are aggressively marketing their products everywhere by bringing other brands down just to make their shitty brands relevant. I will urge you not to fall into their traps or else trust me it's going to end in premium tears. grin Trust me most of these xiaomi fan boys are hypocrites, they don't even use what they market.. 85% of them uses the brands they do badmouth secretly and will come here to mislead innocent souls. Here are 7 things Xiaomi Marketers and Fan boys will never disclose to you about their shitty brands:
1. Overated camera: Have you ever wonder why xiaomi fan boys do search for Gcams hypercams, snapseed, lightroom etc grin? Ok here is the reason, their so called stock camera is a way overated which they know deep down cannot take a great pics except with the use of third party cameras. You can never get a unique shot with xiaomi stock camera especially when using selfie camera

2. Outdoor brightness is too poor: hardly can you operate a xiaomi device under the Sun. Because their phone comes with a very weak brightness especially when been operates outdoor

3. Frustrating adds: Xiaomi will frustrate you with ads on their device in which you will always get irritated at every point in time

4. Scarcity of spare parts: this is the most disadvantage of using a xiaomi device. Get ready to be a regular customer of Ali express to order a new part whenever your phone is faulty. Keep your debit card save because you will be needing it from time to time grin

5. Over weighted: if you are used to carrying a bag of cement, you can go for a xiaomi device grin

6. Poor in MIUI RAM management and low refresh rate on their so called midrange phones

7. Poor Service Center : it will take several months for your phone to get fixed. Just take note and no guarantee that it will still get fixed after waiting for several months

Samsung
Oppo
Infinix Zero 8
Tecno Camon 16 premier ( those are the two phones i can guarantee you in transsion devices)

DON'T BE DECEIVED ON WHAT YOU SEE HERE BY XIAOMI FAN BOYS AND MARKETERS ON NAIRALAND. THEY ARE HYPOCRITES AND WILL GO TO ANY LENGTH TO FORCE THEIR BRAND ON YOUR THROAT.
Op are you ready to sell your own? i wanna buy..
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Flytime: 5:01pm On Oct 05, 2020
Elxandre:
You have some valid points with the service centres availability.

The rest points are invalid though.
Xiaomi phones are heavier because of the use of metal and glass compared to the plastic often used on these infinix and the likes.

However, people aren't just choosing this brand by accident. I believe they know what they like.
Typing this from a Mi 8 with a snapdragon 845 processor.
Maybe you could find a TECNO or infinx that could rival the power in this device, who knows. undecided
I agree with what you said except the build

Not all their phones are made up of glass and metals

I don't know about service so I can't argue but I heard ads is a problem lately for some

The rest of her points are invalid except camera
Yes they have overrated cameras

Something being overrated doesn't mean it's has but it's not up to your expectations as hyped till you use gcam
That doesn't apply to their midrange or expensive models though

I'm talking about their budget and entry level,those with a price point below or a little bit above 100k
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by cbrezy(m): 5:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
yungrylex00:
Thanks but no thanks
I love my redmi 8
Still saving for poco x3 or note 9 pro

How much do you think is Poco X3 NFC?
And do you know where I can get it in Nigeria?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Faithful4real(m): 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
Venoms001:

It will be great in your eyes angry
Just shut the fvck up. I have used an itel phone even infinix phone and i can tell you xiaomi cameras are great.

Check the picture below. Without gcam.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Venoms001(f): 5:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
Faithful4real:

Just shut the fvck up. I have used an itel phone even infinix phone and i can tell you xiaomi cameras are great.

Check the picture below. Without gcam.
Great indeed grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Brymo4all(m): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
Venoms001:

So OPPO has a better camera shocked
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by horlahwaley(m): 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
Op taink you. Still rocking my RN8 without issue after 7 months .my next phone is gonna be xiaomi. Upper midrange or flagship this time.

Meanwhile Op...

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by davidchuks500(m): 6:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hmmm grin
Jafar1:
Tecno o, Xiaomi o, Infinix o, Itel o....

All na trash..

Samsung all the way.
hahahaha smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Mckandre(m): 6:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
I actually came in here to ve a good laugh grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Petyr1: 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
KinzyeWriter:

The back cover of my redmi note 8 is made of glass, and guess what? it feels better than a painted plastic back cover.

However, you are right that there is scarcity of Xiaomi spare parts but that doesn't mean it is overrated.

My phone is almost up to a year and I haven't experience anything like lagging or hanging whatsoever, the processor is serving me just perfectly.

Outdoor brightness? I personally don't like a phone with strong backlight like small chinko phones, I love it cool with mad and punchy graphics, and that is xaomi. If you are outdoor, all you need to do is to disable the 'eye care mode' and increase the backlight. dasall

Ads are one hell of a menace for me and all android smartphones are guilty, that's why iPhone will have my respect on that one.

If a phone is hyped, e get why. If anything, this Xaomi is not just overrated.
i have never seen ads on my own Android. funny enough it not a common brand
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by yungrylex00(m): 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
cbrezy:

How much do you think is Poco X3 NFC?
And do you know where I can get it in Nigeria?
around 90k or so or a little bit above you can order from aliexpress there is someone who can do that for you on Nairaland
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by cbrezy(m): 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
yungrylex00:
around 90k or so or a little bit above you can order from aliexpress there is someone who can do that for you on Nairaland

wow please more details. I really need it as my next device, please whose that?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by dottozil: 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2020
Venoms001:

When it comes to value for money ma'am so far no android can bet Xiaomi including Samsung as regards camera if you are lover of camera go for either iPhone or Samsung don't buy infinix or Xiaomi and be expecting iPhone quality, you see that Xiaomi the user bought and complained you are welcome to debate it with the Oppo A92 cos I can bet that when it comes to the price and overall performance Xiaomi will stand out the user is just frustrated cos she's probably concerned only with the camera.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by blingxx(m): 6:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
Osyxcel:
Well, the OP is right with regards to no. 1,2 & 4. For point 5, you may be partially right, but it's due to the glass front/back and big batteries on most models.

This is a shot from RN8...i really wonder what you people gain from badmoouthing good products when crapno and shitfinix keep giving us trash every month undecided grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by dmgr(m): 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2020
OP

I rep R8

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Venoms001(f): 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
blingxx:

This is a shot from RN8...i really wonder what you people gain from badmoouthing good products when crapno and shitfinix keep giving us trash every month undecided grin
Gcam+lightroom+snapseed grin grin
Get yourself samsung or iPhone and save your strength.. Xiaomi stock camera is crap
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Brymo4all(m): 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
blingxx:

I love this...
Is it gcam?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Venoms001(f): 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
Brymo4all:

I love this...
Is it gcam?
Plus lightroom and snapseed. Don't be deceived shocked
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by Venoms001(f): 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
dottozil:

When it comes to value for money ma'am so far no android can bet Xiaomi including Samsung as regards camera if you are lover of camera go for either iPhone or Samsung don't buy infinix or Xiaomi and be expecting iPhone quality, you see that Xiaomi the user bought and complained you are welcome to debate it with the Oppo A92 cos I can bet that when it comes to the price and overall performance Xiaomi will stand out the user is just frustrated cos she's probably concerned only with the camera.
The guy asked for a phone with good camera and i recommended one for him.. Oppo camera is a way better than that crappy camera on Xiaomi
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by sagieramos(m): 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
Brymo4all:

I love this...
Is it gcam?
Google camera (GCam) on Color pop settings
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Xiaomi Phones by MrBONE2(m): 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
Venoms001:

Samsung
Oppo
Infinix Zero 8

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best Airtel Tariff Plans And Migration Codes May 2020 / How To Upgrade Htc Inspire 4g Android To 4.0.4 Firmware / How To Send Files From An Android To Iphone Using Xender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.