Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,659 members, 7,958,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:50 AM

Any Hope For Aptech Or Niit Student - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any Hope For Aptech Or Niit Student (4955 Views)

Any Hope For A Database Administrator In Nigeria / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Name The Best IT Institute In Name: NIIT, APTECH, KAROX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Hope For Aptech Or Niit Student by cashflow: 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
What are the job opportunity for IT student who attended aptech or niit , because the way the these guys are
advertising their programmes it seems any thing IT is depended on them

As any one here attended this computer schools and able to got a good payed job.
Re: Any Hope For Aptech Or Niit Student by dellnet: 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2011
in the world of IT it does not matter where you graduate from it is what you can do. It is practical thing with endless possibility.
Re: Any Hope For Aptech Or Niit Student by logica(m): 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2011
dell_net:

in the world of IT it does not matter where you graduate from it is what you can do. It is practical thing with endless possibility.
Really? Even when they are not awarding University certificates that quite a lot of employers require? If you go to NIIT or Aptech just for employment on completion, be prepared to start your own business.
Re: Any Hope For Aptech Or Niit Student by dellnet: 12:33pm On Mar 05, 2011
I know people that are working in Federal Government of Nigeria with so called (advanced) diploma from NIIT. And if you come to a world like mine most of the IT guys do not even have what is equivalent to a diploma needless to talk about degree.
Re: Any Hope For Aptech Or Niit Student by gistme24(m): 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2011
I am an Aptech graduate with more job offers than I can handle sometimes. I was recently interviewed by the oldest software firm in Nigeria and I also recommended some recent graduates for positions at an IT firm in Ilupeju area of Lagos, they are currently on training . Aptech is not as perfect as people may think, but it can serve as a spring board for serious dedicated people.
Re: Any Hope For Aptech Or Niit Student by CrazyMan(m): 2:07am On Mar 15, 2011
You’ve all spoken well, but to add a little point.

I think the NIIT and Aptech graduates won’t be considered in the employment market, because most companies prefer to hunt for university graduates with 2.1 (Second class upper and above)

But their advantage is that you can hardly find them in the employment market because what they know is practical compared to the university graduate who rely on the theory they learnt in school; so most of them rely on contract jobs which fetch more money than permanent jobs.

So in a way, I would believe gistme24 post.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Aptech Or Niit Student by candylips(m): 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^^ there is nothing as practical as a good theory wink
Re: Any Hope For Aptech Or Niit Student by mishooo(m): 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2011
CrazyMan:

I think the NIIT and Aptech graduates won’t be considered in the employment market, because most companies prefer to hunt for university graduates with 2.1 (Second class upper and above)

But their advantage is that you can hardly find them in the employment market because what they know is practical compared to the university graduate who rely on the theory they learnt in school; so most of them rely on contract jobs which fetch more money than permanent jobs.

That is a wrong assumption. Some private companies owned by foreigners do not rely on our univ. degrees. They have their own aptitude/smartness test. Once you have the experience they need and you can pass their test. They employ you based on your experience and expertise without giving a hoot if you attended a univ or not.

Just like someone said earlier. NIIT/Aptech are a good springboard to start your IT career even if you studied Christian Religious Knowledge, just be good in what you are do.

NB. Am not guessing cos am in one and know few others.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Aptech Or Niit Student by logica(m): 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2011
candylips:

^^^ there is nothing as practical as a good theory wink
grin

(1) (Reply)

United Nations Free E-learning Certificate Training Course / Remote Work: What You Need To Know, And Where To Begin. / What Do I Do All Day To Keep Myself Busy Since My Job Doesn't Do It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.