Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,711 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

SARS Should Not Be Banned - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SARS Should Not Be Banned (1303 Views)

Why SARS Should Be Scrapped / Alexzy Markson: "Yahoo Yahoo Saved My Life, SARS Should Stop Disturbing Us" / See Reasons Why SARS Should Be Abolished (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 6:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
yes i do not support the banning of sars.
before i give my reasons, i will like to say that nigerians are one of the most annoying set of people when it comes to narrating stories or situations. they know how to make themselves look like the real victims even when they are culprits. if you check all the stories of sars harassing guys in naija, you will notice that 90% of the stories dont narrate what the guy or guys actually did to warrant such treatment. lets take the latest mishap for example, people just came screaming that sars killed a guy , they never cared to explain exactly what happened. early today, it was discovered that the guy in question was an armed robber and the lexus he had in possession was stolen. yes it sounds like some stupid story but i will go with that stupid sars narrative since the guy cant come to tell us exactly what happened. i blame the useless naija bloggers for this.
i have also witnessed a live case where sars stopped some guys they alleged where yahoo boys, the guys immediately started insulting the officers telling them they cant do anything. man imagine you telling a normal nigerian guy that he cant do anything. we all know what that always results to. not to talk of a uniformed Nigerian guy. ok what stops them from identifying and explaining themselves? what stops them from talking politely to the sars officers?. the truth is, if i was a sars officer and i see a guy behave that way, will never let him go, i must take him to the station because that behavior can only be put up by a criminal.
another incident was one an artist was stopped and they refused to open their car doors. instead they started blogging that sars are harassing them. it was later found out that these guys in question had illegal drugs in them and other illegal substances.
lastly, no sars will harass you if you look responsible. if you look like a criminal, it is the job of the law enforcement agents to stop u and do some findings before u go do something hideous.
yes i do not support the killings, i have seen a video where they brought out some alleged arm robbers out of a bus and killed them instantly with one screaming you go collect. i dont support that. that is taking laws into our hands. a yahoo boy or arm robber is not guilty or considered a yahoo boy or armed robber till the court of law says so. this is the part the law enforcement agents need to gt into their skull.

now this is why i do not support banning of sars,
1. if sars is banned, the rate of killing, robbery and kidnappings will increase. i can bet you that these armed robbers reduced their operations for fear of sars. i rather face a sars officer than face an armed robber. las las na money go settle sars if you no begin shout on them say them no fit do anything. for armed robbers, chances of killing you is 50/50.
2. if sars is banned, the same officers will still be in the NPF and i can bet you they will still carry out the same acts. so if there is no sars and the sars now wear the NPF uniform to carry out the same harrassment, will u ask them to ban the NPF?
lets use our brains. let the president come on live tv and tell them that their job is to chase armed robbers on the high way and where evr they are.
banning sars is just a stupid approach.

4 Likes

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by Iceyjayz: 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
You have a little point though

1 Like

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2020
Reformers1:
You're not a reformer.
read the last part of my write up and u will clearly see that i am indirectly asking for it to be reformed. u cant reform these guys without educating them first about what their actual job is.
these politicians are brainless and most of them are old with outdated brains. we need to school them on things they need to do. most of the people u are asking to reform sars dont even know what reform is. i think the major problem with this country is that they youths are even more dumber. their brain only sharp when it comes to scamming people

2 Likes

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by dangwarmai(m): 7:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
Funny. A satanist making a sense. Fantastic

2 Likes

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by madridguy(m): 7:11pm On Oct 05, 2020
I totally disagree with you @ OP. The SARS are the real kidnappers, ritualists and the armed robbers you're seeing.

I can remember clearly when the vice president, Prof. Osibanjo banned them, crime rate dropped drastically. If you think SARS are working in the interest of the general public then you're a long thing.

According to you, you claimed SARS stopped some guys and the guys started shouting at them, why won't them. When they won't ask for vehicles papers but starts asking for your phones, ask you to unlock it and start going through your phone.

I can say this anywhere to who ever that care to listen, the disadvantages of SARS is 100% higher than their advantages. If you think am telling lies, approach any of their office close to you and lodge any complain, come back and tell me how much they will charge you before they act.

I have personally witness some IG team that recovered a stolen vehicle and requested the owner to pay 400K otherwise they will move the vehicle to their boss in Abuja. This is after the owner has provided every paper of the vehicle.

SARS are working for their pocket alone and not for the interest of anyone. Go around and see SARS building hotels, BARS and even club, with which salary if I may ask?

EndSars

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 7:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
dangwarmai:
Funny. A satanist making a sense. Fantastic
satanist, agnostics are the most rational thinkers. all the things you enjoy today is because of satanist and agnostics. from internet, to cars to what ever u wanna name. we dont think like one way idiots. dont confuse us with atheist. those ones are the dumbest of all. i don't want to go into that argument though

1 Like

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
madridguy:
I totally disagree with you @ OP. The SARS are the real kidnappers, ritualists and the armed robbers you're seeing.

I can remember clearly when the vice president, Prof. Osibanjo banned them, crime rate dropped drastically. If you think SARS are working in the interest of the general public then you're a long thing.

According to you, you claimed SARS stopped some guys and the guys started shouting at them, why won't them. When they won't ask for vehicles papers but starts asking for your phones, ask you to unlock it and start going through your phone.

I can say this anywhere to who ever that care to listen, the disadvantages of SARS is 100% higher than their advantages. If you think am telling lies, approach any of their office close to you and lodge any complain, come back and tell me how much they will charge you before they act.

I have personally witness some IG team that recovered a stolen vehicle and requested the owner to pay 400K otherwise they will move the vehicle to their boss in Abuja. This is after the owner has provided every paper of the vehicle.

SARS are working for their pocket alone and not for the interest of anyone. Go around and see SARS building hotels, BARS and even club, with which salary if I may ask?

EndSars
yes u have valid points too. that is why i said they need to be educated. btw i see nothing wrong with a law enforcement agent asking to see your phone if he suspects you.

1 Like

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by Xisnin(m): 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
Only criminals and their supporters will call for banning SARS.
We know how robbers reigned supreme before SARS.
Nigeria spent fortune organizing and training the division.

SARS should be banned from civilian conflicts and random stop and search,
that is the real reform they need.
Secondly, most of them should be redeployed to restive north-west and Boko haram territories.

3 Likes

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by madridguy(m): 7:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
You see nothing wrong in a law enforcement to stop you on the road and start checking your phone? How many times has Air force, Navy, or even the Army stops you and start asking for your phone password?

SARS are Special Anti Robbery Squad so they should stick to their job description.

We have many people smoking Indian hemp and other illegal drugs yet you will never see NDLEA
doing stop and search for road under the pretence they're looking for drug users.

Make them EndSars to End crime.

SATANNIST:
yes u have valid points too. that is why i said they need to be educated. btw i see nothing wrong with a law enforcement agent asking to see your phone if he suspects you.

3 Likes

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2020
Xisnin:
Only criminals and their supporters will call for banning SARS.
We know how robbers reigned supreme before SARS.
Nigeria spent fortune organizing and training the division.

SARS should be banned from civilian conflicts and random stop and search,
that is the real reform they need.
Secondly, most of them should be redeployed to restive north-west and Boko haram territories.
exactly man.
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2020
madridguy:

Make them EndSars to End crime.

wont the same sars enter nigerian police? wont they still exhibit what they are exhibiting now?
will u ask them to ban the police if that happens?
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
SARS, SARS, SARS, kill the wicked, leave the innocent alone. Thanks.
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by madridguy(m): 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2020
Let them go back inside their stations and stop raiding people up and down.

SATANNIST:
wont the same sars enter nigerian police? wont they still exhibit what they are exhibiting now?
will u ask them to ban the police if that happens?

1 Like

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by joyandfaith: 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2020
SATANNIST:
before i give my reasons, i will like to say that nigerians are one of the most annoying set of people when it comes to narrating stories or situations. they know how to make themselves look like the real victims even when they are culprits. if you check all the stories of sars harassing guys in naija, you will notice that 90% of the stories dont narrate what the guy or guys actually did to warrant such treatment. lets take the latest mishap for example, people just came screaming that sars killed a guy , they never cared to explain exactly what happened. early today, it was discovered that the guy in question was an armed robber and the lexus he had in possession was stolen. yes it sounds like some stupid story but i will go with that stupid sars narrative since the guy cant come to tell us exactly what happened. i blame the useless naija bloggers for this.
i have also witnessed a live case where sars stopped some guys they alleged where yahoo boys, the guys immediately started insulting the officers telling them they cant do anything. man imagine you telling a normal nigerian guy that he cant do anything. we all know what that always results to. not to talk of a uniformed Nigerian guy. ok what stops them from identifying and explaining themselves? what stops them from talking politely to the sars officers?. the truth is, if i was a sars officer and i see a guy behave that way, will never let him go, i must take him to the station because that behavior can only be put up by a criminal.
another incident was one an artist was stopped and they refused to open their car doors. instead they started blogging that sars are harassing them. it was later found out that these guys in question had illegal drugs in them and other illegal substances.
lastly, no sars will harass you if you look responsible. if you look like a criminal, it is the job of the law enforcement agents to stop u and do some findings before u go do something hideous.
yes i do not support the killings, i have seen a video where they brought out some alleged arm robbers out of a bus and killed them instantly with one screaming you go collect. i dont support that. that is taking laws into our hands. a yahoo boy or arm robber is not guilty or considered a yahoo boy or armed robber till the court of law says so. this is the part the law enforcement agents need to gt into their skull.

1. if sars is banned, the rate of killing, robbery and kidnappings will increase. i can bet you that these armed robbers reduced their operations for fear of sars. i rather face a sars officer than face an armed robber. las las na money go settle sars if you no begin shout on them say them no fit do anything. for armed robbers, chances of killing you is 50/50.
2. if sars is banned, the same officers will still be in the NPF and i can bet you they will still carry out the same acts. so if there is no sars and the sars now wear the NPF uniform to carry out the same harrassment, will u ask them to ban the NPF?
lets use our brains. let the president come on live tv and tell them that their job is to chase armed robbers on the high way and where evr they are.

you are ill-informed.
Try to follow segalink and PoliceCRU in twitter.
CTU, SARS, AKS and other tactical units should be merged and renamed SWAT team. The function of swat team is to respond to distress calls in case of robbery, kidnapping and other violent behaviours. it is only swat team that will carry assault guns, other police officers will use non-assault guns. nscdc, customs and other paramilitary organisations should also be disarmed. it is only military, dss and police swat team that should use assault rifles when needs arise.
Nigeria is not at war, i beg.
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by coolh3ad(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 8:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
joyandfaith:

you are ill-informed.
Try to follow segalink and PoliceCRU in twitter.
CTU, SARS, AKS and other tactical units should be merged and renamed SWAT team. The function of swat team is to respond to distress calls in case of robbery, kidnapping and other violent behaviours. it is only swat team that will carry assault guns, other police officers will use non-assault guns. nscdc, customs and other paramilitary organisations should also be disarmed. it is only military, dss and police swat team that should use assault rifles when needs arise.
Nigeria is not at war, i beg.
bro renaming them swat does not solve the issue. if they try this thing, those same sars will lobby their self into nigerian police and still carry out the same atrocities with their degraded oko gun.
lets say i am sars and i make so much cash from guys, u change my name to swat and tell me i do not have business in the city , my job is on the high way and to attend to high profile crimes abi, then i know that the people that can attend to yahoo boys are the normal police., dont u think i will lobby my way into the normal police and still carry out my harassment? this time as a normal police officer
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by djflexcy: 8:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
You talked about looking like a criminal do they also dress well?

1 Like

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by joyandfaith: 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2020
SATANNIST:
bro renaming them swat does not solve the issue. if they try this thing, those same sars will lobby their self into nigerian police and still carry out the same atrocities with their degraded oko gun.
lets say i am sars and i make so much cash from guys, u change my name to swat and tell me i do not have business in the city , my job is on the high way and to attend to high profile crimes abi, then i know that the people that can attend to yahoo boys are the normal police., dont u think i will lobby my way into the normal police and still carry out my harassment? this time as a normal police officer

I get you know. if you read my first post , as long as regular police officers will not be carrying assault riffle, problem of extortion will reduce. reason why they extort people is because they use guns to threaten people. some have been killed in the process.
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
coolh3ad:
Mtchewwww!!!.....

Read this below:

https://www.nairaland.com/6160627/true-life-experience-sars-brutality
i read this story. lets not forget that even the normal police operates like this

1 Like

Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by joyandfaith: 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
djflexcy:

SATANNIST
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
joyandfaith:

I get you know. if you read my first post , as long as regular police officers will not be carrying assault riffle, problem of extortion will reduce. reason why they extort people is because they use guns to threaten people. some have been killed in the process.
but they will be using pistol or even oka na. wont that kill people if they use that to shoot them? cheesy
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2020
djflexcy:
yes u are right but dont forget that it is part of the police job to disguise. yes says are abusing it but there is nothing wrong with them disguising to get criminals
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by joyandfaith: 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2020
SATANNIST:
but they will be using pistol or even oka na. wont that kill people if they use that to shoot them? cheesy

you cannot eliminate police brutality but to reduce it is the goal.
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by joyandfaith: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
SATANNIST:
yes u are right but dont forget that it is part of the police job to disguise. yes says are abusing it but there is nothing wrong with them disguising to get criminals

that is not disguise. you cannot be wearing sars label with assault rifles and still be disguising as police officer.
you are mistaking it with intelligent or secret policing.
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SylvesterWinner: 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
SATANNIST:

well my take on this whole stuff of SARS and the rest is that, this is another way of distraction to Nigerians by government, is either they did this to eradicate check force in order to smuggle weapons to were they want it to be deliver, but the point is, the people you call SARS in the other hand are executive body, and they are properly oriented that no one is found quilty until the law court proven so, and I ask, to what extent are they (SARS) to take one's life, this is bad in all angle, our politician are fast out to ban SARS, I'm left wondering all this while assu,covid 19 palliative,unemployment,insulgence here and there, no government have ever think of fast spoken on that all nor to cure either, guy this government is a mess, if I can be treated like a scum in another man land, why my fatherland
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by andyanders: 10:53pm On Oct 05, 2020
Op, so, what is the difference between the way they dress and armed robbers? Their duty is to go after armed robbers and kidnappers. Why are they not posted along Abuja - Kaduna roads where armed bandits and kidnappers are?

Why must you justify a situation whereby a custom officer whose duty is to man our boarders, start requesting to search your personal phone and to check the balance in your account, force the person to transfer money to them under duress as SARS does? SARS are just official armed robbers, powered by the government.

Is that how officers in a sane country does by carrying gun with, registered or unregistered cars and be after an unarmed young men, but when they see real armed robbers, they run away. Mobile police officers are even far better than these animals.

Are you justifying their action or want to say they should not be banned?
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
andyanders:
So, what is the difference between the way they dress and armed robbers? Their duty is to go after armed robbers and kidnappers. Why are they not posted along Abuja - Kaduna roads where armed bandits and kidnappers are?

Why must you justify a situation whereby a custom officer whose duty is to man our boarders, start requesting to search your personal phone and to check the balance in your account, force the person to transfer money to them under duress as SARS does? SARS are just official armed robbers, powered by the government.

Is that how officers in a sane country does by carrying gun with, registered or unregistered cars and be after an unarmed young men, but when they see real armed robbers, they run away. Mobile police officers are even far better than these animals.

Are you justifying their action or want to say they should not be banned?

read my post and comment on my post not on a reply i am giving to someone
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by Sinachi100: 11:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
U no get common sense , assuming u dey near me I will curse u
Common sense no dey Ur brain

Ijiot I pray for sars to stop you one day or even shot u

nonsense human being

MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by SATANNIST: 6:14am On Oct 06, 2020
Sinachi100:
U no get common sense , assuming u dey near me I will curse u
Common sense no dey Ur brain

Ijiot I pray for sars to stop you one day or even shot u

nonsense human being

MTCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW
your papa, i have been stopped by sars severally, all they do is say oga find something for your boys and i give them 3k for drinks and bounce . sometimes i no get and i tell them next time.
u Sinachi100 is a criminal and i promise you, them go use u count sars scores before december.
i will still come to your story on front page and type rest in pieces
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by Sinachi100: 9:35am On Oct 06, 2020
grin
SATANNIST:
your papa, i have been stopped by sars severally, all they do is say oga find something for your boys and i give them 3k for drinks and bounce . sometimes i no get and i tell them next time.
u Sinachi100 is a criminal and i promise you, them go use u count sars scores before december.
i will still come to your story on front page and type rest in pieces

For dat Ur jaga Jaga mindgringrin

Don't worry too much, oneday u will meet d one dat will tag u YAHOO (But you are covered with d blood of Jesus Christgrin )

Ur brain dey lickgrin
Re: SARS Should Not Be Banned by Jabioro: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2020
Your explanation,the government is not banning the SARS but to reform them ,make them be at where they are supposed to be ,attend the case of arm robberies, bandits, kidnapping and all criminals issues..Yahoo boys are criminals but not a violent one therefore..civil attendance is needed..I can go and on

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Beware Of This Scam Loan App / Suicide Is The Only Option. / Nigerian Kids Have Gone Crazy Too.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.