Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight (39212 Views)

Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine / Breaking: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive D / What Aminu Shagari, son of President Shagari said about Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by janedonez(m): 12:20am On Oct 06, 2020
2015: Jonathan accepts Shagari son’s apology, says ‘I’ve no enemies to fight’

Former President Goodluck Jonathan says he has accepted the apology of the son of former President Shehu Shagari, Aminu, who worked against him during the run-up to the 2015 Presidential election.

Jonathan said this in a Facebook post while acknowledging Aminu’s public apology.

The former President said he never took offence and was not the type to harbour grudges.

He wrote, “Dear Honourable Aminu Shagari, Thank you for your apology. However, I never took offence. My firm belief is that I am a pencil in the Hand of God.

“Therefore, I have no enemies to fight, because of my confidence that people can only do to me what God permits. I urge you to continue to emulate the humility of your father, the late President Shehu Shagari, a most detribalised Nigerian. May God bless you. GEJ.”

Aminu, who is a three-term House of Representatives member, had apologised to Jonathan for supporting the then All Progressives Congress candidate, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), who won the 2015 Presidential election.

This was despite the fact that Buhari had in 1983 toppled the democratically elected government of Shagari.

Aminu, however, apologised to Jonathan following what he described as Buhari’s inability to effectively tackle some of Nigeria’s challenges.

He said, “Let me use this opportunity to tender a public apology to former President Jonathan and seek forgiveness because I helped to divide the Peoples Democratic Party and bring down his government, but, I have found out that what we thought about his stewardship was not entirely true.

“I expect President Buhari to also ask for forgiveness having found out that most of the things he accused my dad’s and President Jonathan’s administrations of are not true.”

Speaking on the current state of Nigeria, Aminu said “I am very disappointed.” He noted that Nigeria’s only hope is in good governance.

“I believe if we get it right in this aspect of our national life, our story would turn from bad to good within a short time. With emphasis, all we require is a credible and sincere leadership that will maximise our God-given talents and resources. A lot of us committed so much to bring this administration on board. As an individual, I assumed that, if nothing else, we would get the issue of security right, and every other thing would follow.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/2015-jonathan-accepts-shagari-sons-apology-says-ive-no-enemies-to-fight/%3famp=1

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by Ikpemalueziokwu(m): 12:23am On Oct 06, 2020
god

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by PlayerMeji: 12:32am On Oct 06, 2020
Oga, stop playing politics abeg..

Even if you walk on water, some people would still say it's because you can't swim..

Everybody get enemy both real or perceived..

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by myBraine: 12:37am On Oct 06, 2020
Really?

What about the millions of Nigerians that booted you out in 2015?

You should be fighting them for replacing you with a candidate that is far inferior to you in performance. How can they substitute you with a more dangerous devil instead of a lesser one? How?

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by Goldencheese(m): 12:45am On Oct 06, 2020
Is this naivety, timidity or good upbringing?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by Nobody: 12:52am On Oct 06, 2020
undecidedI one just appear for front page comments that's all, ain't gat nothing to say on this issue. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by DenreleDave(m): 1:01am On Oct 06, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by Macphenson: 6:26am On Oct 06, 2020
My president

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by JohnNU(m): 6:47am On Oct 06, 2020
myBraine:
Really?

You should be fighting them for replacing you with a candidate that is far inferior to you in performance. How can they substitute you with a more dangerous devil instead of a lesser one? How?
The millions of Nigerians that booted GEJ out are really enjoying the government they voted. Long live GMB.
Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria.

176 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by orisa37: 6:47am On Oct 06, 2020
YOU'RE A GOOD CHRISTIAN AND A SPIRIT IN THE ARSENAL OF GOD.. YOU'RE NOT A PENCIL. GOD DOESN'T USE AND DISCARD HIS SPIRITS ANYHOW.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by orisa37: 6:50am On Oct 06, 2020
YOU'RE A GOOD CHRISTIAN AND A SPIRIT IN THE ARSENAL OF GOD.. YOU'RE NOT A PENCIL. GOD DOESN'T USE AND DISCARD HIS SPIRITS ANYHOW. PENCILS ARE INANIMATE OBJECTS.

14 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by raker300: 6:50am On Oct 06, 2020
myBraine:
Really?

sometimes, you gotta sit back and let karma do her thing.

That’s the joy of life

173 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 06, 2020
orisa37:
YOU'RE A GOOD CHRISTIAN AND A SPIRIT IN THE ARSENAL OF GOD.. YOU'RE NOT A PENCIL. GOD DOESN'T USE AND DISCARD HIS SPIRITS ANYHOW.

You misunderstand his statement.. he was never discarded, like he said, "you can only do to me what God permits"..

50 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by dukeprince50: 6:59am On Oct 06, 2020
k

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by dukeprince50: 7:01am On Oct 06, 2020
myBraine:
Really?

GEJ, PMB, Abacha and OBJ are the worst presidents in the history of Nigeria. Argue with ur ancestors.

Abacha is a dictator and a thief.
PMB is nepotic and clueless
OBJ is a thief and a cultist
GEJ is a militant and a bloody thief

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by descarado: 7:02am On Oct 06, 2020
See lots of them vomiting trash up there.

One even said he is happy he voted him out cheesy

All of them will eventually apologise. I mean those that matter not the hungry urchins online.

Anybody answering Goodluck Jonathan is naturally above you.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by dukeprince50: 7:07am On Oct 06, 2020
descarado:
See lots of them vomiting trash up there.

One even said he is happy he voted him out cheesy

All of them will eventually apologise. I mean those that matters not the hungry urchins online.

Anybody answering Goodluck Jonathan is naturally above you.
truth be told, GEJ was bad,

superlightning:

keep fooling the man in the mirror.... face saving data arguer
sorry man, I thought I was quoting someone with sense

8 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by superlightning: 7:14am On Oct 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
truth be told, GEJ was bad, I wonder how u guys forgot easily, he was the greatest thief only second to Abacha.
He was so bad that he made PDP lost power to APC while we thought PMB was any better, cos we are just tired of his consistent looting.
Then we brought that nepotic president we have in Aso rock.
Anybody who supports either of these two is an enemy of this country. Argue with ur data

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by Godsgiftuzo: 7:19am On Oct 06, 2020
Whether you fight or not, there will always be enemies you are not even aware of, as long as you are into politics
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by orisa37: 7:24am On Oct 06, 2020
Esseite:

You misunderstand his statement.. he was never discarded, like he said, "you can only do to me what God permits"..

JESUS TOLD PILATE THAT KNOWING WELL THAT HE WASN'T A PENCIL IN THE HANDS OF GOD
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by dukeprince50: 7:32am On Oct 06, 2020
superlightning:

sorry, I quoted the wrong person.
I was actually trying to quote someone with sense

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by Soulsymbol99: 7:37am On Oct 06, 2020
I like u GEJ bt hv 2 disagree wit u on dis.nobody wey no get enemy. even a baby born 2day hv one,the very world he or she is born into.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by naija4life247: 7:37am On Oct 06, 2020
Drunks don't fight

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by Dimmatic(f): 7:59am On Oct 06, 2020
Your goodness,niceness,fineness,reasonableableness bros Jona is not fitting in this part of the country you agreed to work for as a leader.Ever wondered why the statement
"Let the dead bury their dead"?
To be part of this faulty foundational country you have to be like them to lead them.
Choosing to be pius politician? pulpit is a better place for you ,you can best rule from there.If you accept 2o23 president from north,oga he go baad oo
Learn how to drive better than you knew,manual or automatic vehicle,see our contacts below

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by zoedew: 8:14am On Oct 06, 2020
A blind man thinks he has no enemy until he drops in the gutter having been tripped by another who can see and whose follow-up raucous laughter is clearly heard by the blind man. Amazing that this man is still as naive as ever!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by superlightning: 8:36am On Oct 06, 2020
dukeprince50:
sorry, I quoted the wrong person. I was actually trying to quote someone with sense
.....and it seems the person with sense evaded you...sorry about that

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by vickydankal(f): 9:56am On Oct 06, 2020
You have always been peace maker unlike what we have brought upon ourselves.

God will always punish wickedness

13 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by tonididdy(m): 9:56am On Oct 06, 2020
Cowardly simp angry

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 06, 2020
GEJ has a pure heart and a Clean mind but for the people around him who brought down his government

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: What Jonathan’s Return Means For Nigeria / I‘ll Not Contest 2015 Election – Jonathan / Enjoy Your Buhari – Reno Omokri Blasts Sowore For Supporting Buhari In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.