Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu (14148 Views)

Cardoso, Tope Fasua And National Economic Recovery / Naira: Tinubu Will Shock Currency Speculators – Tope Fasua / Tinubu Appoints Tope Fasua As Special Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by garfield1: 12:26am On Oct 06, 2020
The candidate of the opposition Social Democratic Party (SDP), Mr. Peter Fasua on Monday stepped down from the race for October 10th governorship poll for the incumbent Governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, saying “I share the same vision with Akeredolu.”
This is just as the SDP member representing Idanre/Ifedore Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, Hon. Tajudeen Adefisoye, also endorsed Akeredolu for reelection, saying “Mr. Governor has assured me that he would develop Idanre.”

Akeredolu is the flagbearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Adefisoye, popularly known as Small Alhaji, who addressed his supporters in Idanre on Monday, said “after consulting very widely with the leaders of SDP and other important leaders within and outside of Ondo state, especially the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, I have decided to support the APC. But I want to assure that this decision was primarily taken for the sake of continuous development in Idanre/Ifedore Federal Constituency.

“We must realize that politics is all about interests and should not be played with emotions. Now that your leader has declared support for Akeredolu, we should agree with this decision and work for the victory of Akeredolu. This election is going to be operation win your units.
“But, I can assure you all that Akeredolu will win on Saturday. I also want use myself as collateral for Governor Akeredolu. I want to assure you that the governor will fulfill all his promises on developmental projects in Idanre and Ifedore. I should be blamed in the unlikely event that Governor Akeredolu did not fulfill his promises.” Adefisoye,”said.

On his own part, Fasua, a native of the capital city of Akure, said “I’m stepping aside from the race because my vision and that of our party is identical with the vision of Governor Rotimi Akeredolu.

“When I crosspoliniate with the governor during our debate on Sunday, I realised that most of my vision for the state was already expressed and initiated by Governor Akeredolu. He has done well. I’m joining his train so that I can be part of the positive history the governor is creating.

“So, we are collapsing our structure, offices, and everything at our disposal together to ensure that the plans to industrialise our state becomes a reality,” Fasua said.
The SDP Chieftain also donated his campaign office and buses to the Akeredolu’s campaign organisation.

Responding, Akeredolu thanked Fasua and SDP for placing the interest of the state above their personal interest, promising never to betray their trust in him.
“Be rest assured that I will not disappoint you. My administration shall continue to deliver for the people. I will never derail” the governor said. We believe it will be the most sustainable
companies that are likely to prosper the most.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://thenationonlineng.net/ondo-2020-sdp-candidate-fasua-withdraws-for-akeredolu/&sa=U&ved=

4 Likes

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by garfield1: 1:01am On Oct 06, 2020
Sdp is the 4th biggest party in ondo state

12 Likes

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 06, 2020
SDP used to be 3rd to recon with but now is ZLP

I love APC but Too late for Aketi

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by DenreleDave(m): 1:08am On Oct 06, 2020
Lemme say my mind... The moment a politician is bribing his people especially a standing governor, that means he hasn't done well...

Aketi dissapointed when I heard dt he was sharing ludo to people.... It makes me wonder, does news That is always posted here' about him, are they faked?
Bcox if a governor has done well, he deserves to be re elected....

Why is aketi sharing money like Peter Obo?

Like ikpaezu our eba and ogbono wit kerosene one governor?

if everyone one had a dream like me, this country wud have moved forward...

7 Likes

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by FarahAideed: 1:12am On Oct 06, 2020
Handwork of Small Alhaji

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by garfield1: 1:39am On Oct 06, 2020
FarahAideed:
Handwork of Small Alhaji

Who be small alhaji

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by garfield1: 1:40am On Oct 06, 2020
Onijagidijagan:
SDP used to be 3rd to recon with but now 4that

Noo.I dont see how a divided opposition will win him

12 Likes

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by myBraine: 1:50am On Oct 06, 2020
As he should

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by DEROXMAN: 4:43am On Oct 06, 2020
grin our white bearded sugar daddy don win already

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by Enudapan: 5:14am On Oct 06, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
I see APC winning Ondo

Buh what do i know
sad
What I saw was only inspired by mushin weed shaa undecided

6 Likes

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by BruncleZuma: 5:14am On Oct 06, 2020
Where have we seen this movie before?

[img]https://media1./images/737bf2f2863c40b043be84ed7f74467a/tenor.gif[/img]

4 Likes

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by EMXTAN1(m): 5:14am On Oct 06, 2020
SDP allegiance won't save APC if the election would be free and fair

12 Likes

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by 6digitscomrade: 5:16am On Oct 06, 2020
garfield1:

Who be small alhaji
a cool guy from idanre

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by RaptObserver: 5:16am On Oct 06, 2020
Normal stuffs. He wouldn't have won anyway. People should know we now effectively run a two-party system. No need to waste time in mushroom parties. Join a big party and learn to be a team player. Governance is a team work.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by pickatyou2: 5:16am On Oct 06, 2020
What ever works for him. Politicians r not to be trusted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by dollarsplenty(m): 5:17am On Oct 06, 2020
As if it will make any impact on the outcome. It only shows solidarity. Until Agbo (ZLP), or EYI (PDP) steps down for AKETI at this eleventh hour, no party or candidate's stepping down is worth celebrating. Some candidates only want to recoup their expenses and negotiate for contact.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by nairatag: 5:19am On Oct 06, 2020
Aketi should accept fate already. He has lost this election already. The plan is to split ApC votes with Agboola leaving with some votes.

This will pave way for PDP to win.

Congrats Jegede

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by femi4: 5:19am On Oct 06, 2020
Stepping down at the 11th hour....O ti gbowo

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by Drsnives(m): 5:20am On Oct 06, 2020
OK.
Next news pls
Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by Seerade029: 5:22am On Oct 06, 2020
Onijagidijagan:
SDP used to be 3rd to recon with but now 4that

Aketi will lose if PDP and ZLP works together.

But now, he has upper hand 70% chances

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by aremuforlife(m): 5:22am On Oct 06, 2020
EMXTAN1:
SDP allegiance won't save APC if the election would be free and fair
Do you mean the election will be free and fair only if pdp should win but apc no?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by henry78okez(m): 5:23am On Oct 06, 2020
it is over for pdp. for sdp to have collapsed it's structure, then, the chances of Akerodolu winning is extremely high.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by jikins(m): 5:30am On Oct 06, 2020
APC, PDP, SDP

Clueless bunch all of them.

Meanwhile buy cheap data plans from us. Check signature for more details
Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:36am On Oct 06, 2020
He had no chance na, they may give him local govmt seat sha
Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by chukwuibuipob: 5:43am On Oct 06, 2020
sad
Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by waslag11(m): 5:43am On Oct 06, 2020
ok, let the right man get the job. ondo vote wisely
Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by seunlayi(m): 5:44am On Oct 06, 2020
Collabo
Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by sylarada(f): 5:46am On Oct 06, 2020
Let's invest early... kiss
Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by Jossyroyal1: 5:47am On Oct 06, 2020
embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed

I will rather contest and lose than step down for anyone.....

This is why corruption will continue to thrive in this country
Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by Kaxmytex(m): 5:47am On Oct 06, 2020
Since all this year wey fashua don dey contest wey hin no win, the mumu still wan pitch tent, hin no sabi where??

E go shock u like lazer...
Re: Ondo: Peter Fasua Steps Down For Governor Akeredolu by YorubaKinging: 5:50am On Oct 06, 2020
The end is near

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gani Adams: Bandits, Kidnappers Have Relocated To Kwara, Kogi / Boko Haram Currently Attacking Buni Yadi, Yobe / Buhari: No Election Winner Will Be Denied His Mandate, Irrespective Of Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.