Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Is Your Name On This List? Will You Stand Up On June 29th - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Your Name On This List? Will You Stand Up On June 29th (3443 Views)

By June 29th 2007, Yar'adua Had Declared His Assets Publicly (2007 Article) / Abiola’s ‘Inaugural Address’ On June 11, 1994 / Buhari’s Ministerial List Will Be Released Soon – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Name On This List? Will You Stand Up On June 29th by bigk3: 12:01am On Jun 24, 2007
Is your name on this list? Remember we are not fighting for this guy but for ourselves

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/component/option,com_philaform/Itemid,195/form_id,1/

Yesterday, this letter was delivered to the Nigerian Ambassador in Spain and today we interviewed the family in Benin.

Next Friday at Noon, Nigerians and Non Nigerians will be marching on Spanish embassies around the World. Where will you be?

Updates here: http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/board/protest-note-govt-spain/
Re: Is Your Name On This List? Will You Stand Up On June 29th by bigk3: 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2007
Do Nigerian's here care?

or is it all about shooting Breeze?

cry

I will be posting updates to this thread until the March on Friday June 29th.

For now, here are a list of volunteers for different countries. Please contact these guys if you will like to help deliver the protest letter in your country

Cyprus: Ugo Daniels ugo.danny@gmail.com
Nicosia, Cyprus: Baba Aeniyi : nibalas2002@yahoo.co.uk
Stockholm, Sweden: "Adeola Aderounmu" :aderounmu@gmail.com
Dublin: Kingsley Iwu: iwukings@yahoo.com /Simon Apeh apeh80@yahoo.com
Cairo, Egypt: Ogbemudia Tosin Ode-ldahosa odeidahosainv@yahoo.com
Istanbul Turkey: Olasupo Babatunde ola_tunde@hotmail.com
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso: Gbenga Odjo Gbengaodjo@Yahoo.Com
Germany: Adigun Olosun :aolosun@gmx.net
Switzerland. Taiwo Danjuma publisher@african-news.ch
Ottawa Canada Ofonime Andrew :ofonimeandrew@yahoo.com
South Africa: Olufemi Oladehin :femmzy@yahoo.com
Brazil: peter oluseyi adewole jolad :jolad@uol.com.br
Paris France: Kola Afolabi: conelle007@yahoo.com /Elie Smith Eliesmith@Yahoo.Com
Madrid, Spain: Sam Adebowale :sadebowale@hotmail.com
Rome, Italy: OguzieJ.J.
taiwo@tmo.blackberry.net
Shanghai, China: CHARLES EZUGHA <charleslive@gmail.com>
Vienna Austria: Victor Oshioke victor.oshioke@chello.at
China CHARLES EZUGHA charleslive@gmail.com
Japan Onome Akpodiete onomstar@aol.com
Hungary Hakeem Babalola mysmallvoice@yahoo.com
Senegal Mr. Walter Obiora walternwa@yahoo.com
Maylaysia: Derrick dog_derrick@yahoo.com
Birmingham, UK: Angela Bruce angela@biz-2-go.co.uk
UK: Nurudeen Salu n.salui@btinternet.com
Hungary: hakeem Babalola mysmallvoice@yahoo.com
UK - Eja (Ishola. Taiwo) eja_nla@btinternet.com.
Cork Ireland; bosede olatunji bosede4@hotmail.com
North East Ireland : Benedicta Attoh bennie@africanexperience.ie

Nigeria:
Ahaoma Kanu hailmary_23@yahoo.com
We need people in Abuja!!

UK:
Uche Nworah: info@uchenworah.com
Anne Mordi amordi@gmail.com
"Folayan Osekita" folayanosekita@hotmail.com

USA
Washington DC, USA: NAR;
Philadelphia, USA: Tunde Solanke bakoso2000@yahoo.com
New York, USA: Paul Adujie (I Love Nigeria) / Taiwo:
Re: Is Your Name On This List? Will You Stand Up On June 29th by bigk3: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2007
May I request the admins of this site to sticky this thread. Thanks!
Re: Is Your Name On This List? Will You Stand Up On June 29th by bigk3: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2007

New Volunteers in [B]Algeria [/B]and [B]Finland[/B]

[B]Cyprus[/B]
Police Permit received. All set. Police coverage guaranteed.

[B]Dublin, Ireland
[/B]
Police Permit not needed. All set. Police coverage guaranteed. But we must confine the March to embassy frontage only.

[B]Brazil:[/B]
All Set for friday delivery in Sao Paulo

[B]UK: [/B]

Pollice permit granted. Police coverage guaranteed
Press: BEN TV and Naija FM guaranteed. Working on BBC and ITV. If you can help with BBC let us know.
Leaflets Updated and being distributed.

[B]Sweden[/B]: Permit Granted[QUOTE]The Police called me again.

They are putting postage stamp on the PERMIT and sending it today.

In the Sweden of my thoughts, the PERMIT should slide in my door tomorrow. If the postmen on duty at too few, it will arrive on Thursday.

They didn't want me to stress myself picking it up.

I am becoming more optimistic than ever that we will succeed and the Glory of Nigeria will come, Now!

I almost forgot that I am a financial member of Amnesty International,, they draw some token automatically from my account every month, let me start looking for my membership card,

I'll see if I can drag them into this protest,

Bless you all

Adeola[/QUOTE]

CANADA
[QUOTE][QUOTE]Hi All,
We have only only just been able to get people showing interest in the event here in Ottawa. The permit should be ready hopefully before thursday at the very latest.I was actually told tomorrow. I have contacted the Spanish embassy here and was told by Carlos in the legal dept that a senior embassy official will be present to recieve the letter.

Once i can confirm the no. of people joining me i will print the pictures on the T- shirts or however/whatever we may decide

I am working on the Media to see which media house can give us the very best of coverage.

Big K, Pls i just missed your call by whiskers. Am expecting a call back. I called you and left a voice mail for you.

Regards
O.A
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

More Good news.

[B]New York: [/B]This is an update from ILN in New York. (Anon Please clear your inbox)

[QUOTE]

The police has been informed and they agree with us that a peace march and delivering of protest letter will be approved, especially because we told them that no bull-horns or mega-phones and or shouting matches will be involved.

We are moving full-speed ahead, even if it is just 10 persons, will we play our part.

Posters are being printed with Osamuyi's picture etc

Many thanks, and please keep me updated with any progress or new information/suggestions.

Most sincerely,

Paul Adujie aka I LOVE NIGERIA![/QUOTE]

[B] Philadelphia[/B]

[QUOTE]See attachment for an improved format of the protest letter in doc. and pdf format. Please, provide others access to this document and remind them to change the addressee information from Philadelphia to their various locations. This letter will be sent certified return receipt to the Spanish consulate today. I will make the receipt slip available to NVS upon receipt in the mail.

l am definitely going to follow up with a physical delivery of this protest letter to the consulate here in Philadelphia but l am still working on getting enough people for a protest in front of the embassy.

-Bakoso[/QUOTE]

[B]From Vienna, Austria, No racism.net are willing to join our protest[/B]

[QUOTE]hi!

writing you from vienna, europe. maybe you have seen some reports on the
death of Osamuyia Aikpitanhi in no-racism.net, where we started with a
documenation in 1999 of people killed during forced deportation and in
police custody after Marcus Omofuma was killed by austrian police officers
during a deportation.

from the first minute it was clear: this are no isolated cases.

to report on the death of Osamuyia Aikpitanhi we used the nigerian village
square as source, because there are the most information on his case.

we also published the protest letter and now it would be nice, if u can
inform us about the recent things going on with this.

we are not sure if in vienna someone will bring the letter to the spanish
embassy, but if it will happen, we will tell.

we can also send the information to some europeanwide antiracsit networks,
but if u have a short summary or a contact adress for the action on
friday, it would be nice if we could get it.

you find the reports on Osamuyia Aikpitanhi here:
http://no-racism.net/rubrik/331/

the documentation of deaths during deportation and in police custody here:
http://no-racism.net/racismkills[/QUOTE]

[B]Cyprus:[/B]
[QUOTE]
Update: Cyprus Times has published the first news on Monday, in order to create awareness to the general public and also inform some NIgerians. Africans and others that may wanna be a part of the march!

They'll do another comprehensive post on Friday, following it up with a report on the march on Saturday, with pics.[/QUOTE] [B]Ireland [/B]:[QUOTE]Hi All,

I spoke to a staff of the Spanish Embassy in Dublin today and told them of our intention to present a letter of protest to the Ambassador of Spain re the murder of a fellow Nigerian by the Irish authorities this Friday at 12noon.

She promised that there will be an embassy staff on hand to receive the letter from us.

We have gotten the following media houses on board:

Metro Eireann
Irish Examiner
The Village magazine
The Irish Times

These are all national media.

Metro Eireann will send a photographer on friday. The Editor and his deputy will also take part in the protest. The Editor will issue a press release to all the contacts on their data base tomorrow. I met another freelance photographer today who said he will be there on Friday.

The Irish Examiner will do a story on this between Wednesday and Friday. The Village Magazine will do a story on the event on Friday morning.

We sent emails to Amnesty International, the Irish Independent and RTE 1 (the national television broadcaster). I am a member of Amnesty schools speaker's network in addition to the standing order instruction to my bank to credit Amnesty's account on a monthly basis. Their various responses will become clearer tomorrow.

I have been invited to review Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's book (half of a yellow sun) obviously because of the recent prize she won in respect of the book. The review is taking place on national radio (Newstalk 106) tomorrow live on the Orla Barry show. Time is at 10am. I will use the opportunity to invite them to join our protest on Friday and do a show to cover the event.

As per mobilising Nigerians to come out, we have informed people to assemble at the front of the Spanish embassy at 10am. I have emailed details of the event to my contacts whom I know have large data bases. They have emailed the information out because I got an email from them. Yesterday I received an email from one of those contacts who is a Spanish citizen. She told me she was ashamed to be Spanish. She said she will not be able to attend the protest because of other commitments but would write a letter to the Spanish Embassy in dublin to register her protest.

More news tomorrow. Please keep your chins up!

Bennie
[/QUOTE]

(1) (Reply)

Amnesty Bazaar: Militants On Spending Spree! / Name Top 10 Streets In Abeokuta That Needs Portable Drinking Water / I Will Shake Nigeria After 2015 Elections – Oba Akiolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.