Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,132 members, 7,863,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:23 AM

ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly (648 Views)

A Man Shot In Abeokuta, Others Injured As Customers Destroy Banks (Graphic Video / NLC Rejects Hike In Petrol Price, Electricity Tariff As Protest Looms / Kogi Governorship Election 2019 Updates As Protest Loads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by DamnnNiggarr: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2020
ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly

Witnesses said the man was shot by the police, but a police spokesperson denied the claim.

A yet-to-be identified youth in Oyo State protesting against the activities of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) was shot on Saturday.

Witnesses said the man was shot by the police, but a police spokesperson denied the claim.

PREMIUM TIMES gathered that the man was shot in the leg when protesters arrived the Owode Police Station in Ogbomoso.

The youth had in the early hours of Saturday stormed major streets in the town to demand the ban of the dreaded police unit.

The state police public relations officer, Olugbenga Fadeyi, said police did not shoot anyone.

He added that the police only used tear gas to disperse the protesters when they arrived the station.

He said the decision was taken in a bid to forestall an attack on the police station.

Mr Fadeyi who spoke with PREMIUM TIMES on Saturday said, “It was not true. I spoke with the Area Commander and he told me that nothing of such occurred. They did not shoot anybody. The police allowed them to protest for over one hour.

“But, at a point, they wanted yo force themselves into the police station. They only used tear gas to disperse them so that they will not go into the police station and destroy the police station.

“By the time they have access to the police station, they can go and destroy some things. That was the information I got.”

Don’t allow protest to lead to anarchy — Ex-Oyo SSG advises Buhari

Meanwhile, a former Secretary to Oyo State government, Sharafadeen Alli, has advised the federal government under President Muhammadu Buhari to listen to Nigerians and do the needful

Mr Alli gave this advice as protests against the operation of the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) continued across the country Saturday.

Mr Alli, who was the gubernatorial candidate of Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) in 2019 elections, said although the government may have reasons for not scrapping the force department, but with the protest, it is obvious Nigerians are not confortable with their operations.

Mr Alli noted that experience over the years have shown that protests could be disastrous if not properly managed.

He cited the Algerian example where former President Abdelaziz Bouteflika was ousted following months of youth-led street demonstrations, and Omar al-Bashir of Sudan.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/419744-endsars-man-shot-in-oyo-as-protest-turns-deadly.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Oam4j

Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by Aboks(m): 4:48pm On Oct 10, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2020
Osun OR Ogun?
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by Righteousness89(m): 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2020
Hmmmmmm
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by Baawaa(m): 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
It suppose to be tit for tat
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by dangermouse(m): 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
The police should give themselves some sense and not do anything to escalate the matter on ground.
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by helinues: 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2020
Na war oo
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by ThatFairGuy1: 4:59pm On Oct 10, 2020
Shot in Osun?
Owode police station?
Ogbomosho?

What sort of INCOHERENCE news is this.
3 Different States?
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by loveth360(f): 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2020
helinues:
Na war oo
Why are you not protesting.

Na only to hate Igbos you get strength.
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by helinues: 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2020
loveth360:
Why are you not protesting.

Na only to hate Igbos you get strength.

And you have not been reading my #EndSARS tag?
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by DamnnNiggarr: 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
Shot in Osun?
Owode police station?
Ogbomosho?

What sort of INCOHERENCE news is this.
3 Different States?
it has been modified.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by loveth360(f): 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2020
helinues:

And you have not been reading my #EndSARS tag?
Online protester i see yougrin grin
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by DamnnNiggarr: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
csn01:
Osun OR Ogun?
Oyo,
It has been modified, thanks.
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by helinues: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
loveth360:
Online protester i see yougrin grin

Abi oo.... grin grin
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by loveth360(f): 5:26pm On Oct 10, 2020
helinues:

Abi oo.... grin grin
I thought say you no get brain but now i see you get small braingrin grin

You for go out do endsars and receive one bullet in your bumbumgrin grin
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by helinues: 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2020
loveth360:
I thought say you no get brain but now i see you get small braingrin grin

You for go out do endsars and receive one bullet in your bumbumgrin grin

No be you crack jokes in your last comments..

Se that skan skan don start again ni?
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by loveth360(f): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2020
helinues:

No be you crack jokes in your last comments..
Se that skan skan don start again ni?
e pain you nigrin grin

I no hate you but i just want you to be a good boy.
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by helinues: 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2020
loveth360:
e pain you nigrin grin

I no hate you but i just want you to be a good boy.

See, we make rules which others have no choice than to follow...

Na family glory which we are always proud of...

So come up with something creative
Re: ENDSARS: Man shot in Oyo as protest turns deadly by loveth360(f): 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2020
helinues:

See, we make rules which others have no choice than to follow...
Na family glory which we are always proud of...
So come up with something creative
He still dey Vex grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Network: Has It Been Hacked? Got 1k Credit- Pic / A Politician Allegedly Sent Aides To Conveyed Thugs To Disrupt Protest. (video) / Video & photo :how Edo People Chase Away Custom Officer Loot Bags Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.