Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1402772 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 10:48am On Sep 09, 2014
cfcchick]
Thats great...I have my visa already. Not gonna stay in Crossland thou.still browsing for other apartments but might consider palm shadows.

@ cfc please what procedure did you follow to get a fianancial appointment. ive mailed and called but no luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2014
[/b][b][b][/b][b][/b]Hello Phema,

POE for me then was Houston. With Baba God on my side & armed with my cash + "burden of proof" + doctor's appiontment confirmation + a strong determination to tell the truth when CBP officer asks questions, getting in for me was easy. me sef shock. I believe the CBP officer didnt even notice I was preggers! God truly answers prayers coz I had prayd for that since my visa was b1/b2 and not a medical visa. I didnt declare I was pregnant at the time of the interview because d CO no kuku ask me!. I monitored myself closely during the trip so i wouldnt look "bloated" upon arrival at houston I drank lots of water so i had to get up and go the loo frequently. I also dressed smartly, carried a big handbang to cover my tummy and freshened up before landing. So I walked into the airport with butterflies in my tummy and a bright, pretty, confident face. lol

Stopover at heatrhrow wasnt bad at all. I did some window shopping, had a small meal and slept too (but I set alarm on my phone sha, make I no miss my connecting flight).

Expo for Expectant mummies - please look smart & sharp when you arrive o, dont just board ur flight and sleep pregnancy sleep. be smart, be aware, wear nice makeup and dont be forward wen u get to the CBP officer. Just act cool,calm, confident and carry at least $7k cash. Dont just stroll in with cash that cant even pay your medical bills. the money in your card cannot be verified but your cash can. And please DONT LIE ABOUT THE CASH YOU HAVE ON YOU. before you land, go into the restroom and count all your cash, all the currencies you have. know exactly how much you are carrying. I know a woman that was sent back to naija because she told them she had $7k meanwhile she had only $5k.

Phema: Bloggerina thanks for the detailed response on BA. Where was your POE and how did you cope with the layover at Heathrow?
[b]Hello Phema,

POE for me then was Houston. With Baba God on my side & armed with my cash + "burden of proof" + doctor's appiontment confirmation + a strong determination to tell the truth when CBP officer asks questions, getting in for me was easy. me sef shock. I believe the CBP officer didnt even notice I was preggers! God truly answers prayers coz I had prayd for that since my visa was b1/b2 and not a medical visa. I didnt declare I was pregnant at the time of the interview because d CO no kuku ask me!. I monitored myself closely during the trip so i wouldnt look "bloated" upon arrival at houston I drank lots of water so i had to get up and go the loo frequently. I also dressed smartly, carried a big handbang to cover my tummy and freshened up before landing. So I walked into the airport with butterflies in my tummy and a bright, pretty, confident face. lol

Expo for Expectant mummies - please look smart & sharp when you arrive o, dont just board ur flight and sleep pregnancy sleep. be smart, be aware, wear nice makeup and dont be forward wen u get to the CBP officer. Just act cool,calm, confident and carry at least $7k

Phema: Bloggerina thanks for the detailed response on BA. Where was your POE and how did you cope with the layover at Heathrow?
[/b]Hello Phema,

Expo for Expectant mummies - please look smart & sharp when you arrive o, dont just board ur flight and sleep pregnancy sleep. be smart, be aware, wear nice makeup and dont be forward wen u get to the CBP officer. Just act cool,calm, confident and carry at least $7k

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 11:53am On Sep 09, 2014
@bloggerina. So when are you leaving? Going to Phoenix or Elpaso?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nita2013: I travelled at 34weeks 5days via Emirates from Abuja. I ll advice u travel b4 u get to 36weeks on d dot. Though pple r different so as body systems. I travelled 1st to Chicago and came to Phoenix at 36weeks 3days and I went tru a lot of pains on that Chicago-Phoenix flight. I guess cos I was past 36weeks + my body system.

So pls monitor ur body and kno if u will be up to it.

Thanks Nita
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
[quote author=cfcchick][/quote]

Wetin do crossland? I think someone mentioned extended stay-biltmore.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
MadameU: cfcchick]
Thats great...I have my visa already. Not gonna stay in Crossland thou.still browsing for other apartments but might consider palm shadows.

@ cfc please what procedure did you follow to get a fianancial appointment. ive mailed and called but no luck.

U av to call them and depending on the person you speak to; them may refuse to mail it to you. Also, have the date you will be visiting for your first appointment ready cose dey will ask. That's what happened to me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
Please house, May I please get a link to get appointment dates for the embassy? need for my folks asap.. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
twizzie: Please house, May I please get a link to get appointment dates for the embassy? need for my folks asap.. Thanks

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 12:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
justwise:
Believe me genuine ones will always share info here and many have been doing that without any problem but there are certain individuals here who uses: we are here to share info to engage in indirect promotion/marketing, those are the people i have problem with.

lol.if its by mere words lik "we re here to share etc" dt u wld use in detecting marketers then u got it all wrong nd moreover I havnt seen anyone use words lik dt bt on a second thought u mst ve deleted bfor its read. well done Sir Justwise,I feel u,ds job isnt easy. it gets mixed up attimes esp tryn to read everyones info nd comments,pls keep up d good work Sir wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 12:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Pls o, anyone going to Maryland plssssss, Blandesburg or somtn like dt name. Thats where I mayb going to in Maryland.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
MadameU: cfcchick]

Pls excuse my ignorance, watz financial appointment? When I get to phoenix I'll call to book appointment with the hospital or b4 I leave naija.i had my 1st baby in Chicago 2 years ago I didn't get any financial appointment..I got d bill after d service and I paid.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
[@=MadameU]Hey Mommas and Papas! Please are there any people planning to go to EL Paso or MIHS in mid December? Please let's hook up.Though I still have some questions n would appreciate having more info as Mihs Have not responded to my mails.

Please how do i reach you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
@toitoi, how do i reach you.

@Madameu, we are in the same boat, going to mish also, due ending of January lol.we can share emails and contact each other. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cfcchick: 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
raii:

Wetin do crossland? I think someone mentioned extended stay-biltmore.

Nothing do Crossland o...jst not doing studio
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 2:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
To God be the glory, my wife delivered our set of twin at MIHS last week. I was present throughout the whole birth process and i would say they were welcoming, nice and professional.

My wife had a VBAC which went very well and from my experience, the nurses were nice and wonderful, most expeccially the nurse that was in charge of my wife during labour.

In all i like their services and i wuld use them again if i had to........but in the mean time family planning mode activated wink

Thank you all ......

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
lisamarris: @toitoi, how do i reach you.

@Madameu, we are in the same boat, going to mish also, due ending of January lol.we can share emails and contact each other.

@LISAmaris I replied your email.check your inbox
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
oawele: To God be the glory, my wife delivered our set of twin at MIHS last week. I was present throughout the whole birth process and i would say they were welcoming, nice and professional.

My wife had a VBAC which went very well and from my experience, the nurses were nice and wonderful, most expeccially the nurse that was in charge of my wife during labour.

In all i like their services and i wuld use them again if i had to........but in the mean time family planning mode activated wink

Thank you all ......

@oawele congratulations how are your twins doing?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
toitoi:
@oawele congratulations how are your twins doing?

Mother and Twins are doing very well.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ahaika23: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kalango: I had my 2 sons in the US (Houston and California). For the first, i paid about $12,000 and for the second i paid $5800!!! The reason for the difference, better planning.

You can get affordable hospitals that charge about $3000 for delivery and doctors that charge about $2000 to $2500. Inboth cases, i had the epidurial so it was stress free labour:-)

@Dance with; When calling, you dont need to tell them you are an international patient, just say you live in another city and will be coming over at whatever weeks to have the baby cos you'll be staying with your sisiter or whatever.

@ BabaOlu; the US immigration can be harsh especially when the plane comes with loads of Naija pple. We are unfortunately notorious for not paying our bills or taking medicare which is wrong, so they are on the offensive. However, i got in twice and since my last baby in 2009, 4 of my friends have had thiers too following my advice. One tip is to re-route your ticket so you leave the intl connecting country a few hours after the main flight most nigerians would take, that way you arrive the US without the bulk of Nigerians. Secondly, i dont advice going through Atlanta or New York cos most direct flights from Lagos land there, so they are well prepared.
Any more questions, i'm always available.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ahaika23: 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kalango: @ Wa Vixen, you know this also depends on where you go to and who is guiding one through the process. My first baby i flew in at 35weeks and had no doctor:-), I only had the letter written by my doctor. It took me forever to find a doctor that would agree to handle my case but i guess i finally found one,

And of course, when i did, i dint even think twice about his charge,

Which brings me to my next tip on managing one's medical costs.
2. Understand the system and plan ahead: Understanding the system means knowing the options available and how payment is expected for each option. E.g if you choose the hospital option, you will need to pay the hospital for using their facilities, you will pay the doctor for handling your final antenatal and birthing the baby, you will pay for all blood tests that are done during antenatla and even during labour (if any) and you will pay for a pediatrician that will take care of baby first medical check-up etc, If you then have a baby boy, circumcision is another cost:-)

However, if you plan ahead, then you can already check several options and settle for the one that works best for your pocket.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2014
cfcchick:

Pls excuse my ignorance, watz financial appointment? When I get to phoenix I'll call to book appointment with the hospital or b4 I leave naija.i had my 1st baby in Chicago 2 years ago I didn't get any financial appointment..I got d bill after d service and I paid.

Most mommas called to get evidence of contact with the hospitals and the bill to be paid. Its for d visa interview and POE may require it also.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
oawele: To God be the glory, my wife delivered our set of twin at MIHS last week. I was present throughout the whole birth process and i would say they were welcoming, nice and professional.

Thank you all ......

Congrats oawele. Activate am well o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
Please I need some clarification. A question in my ds-160 form asked how long I intend to stay in the US and where I'd be staying? What should I fill there?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
raii: Please I need some clarification. A question in my ds-160 form asked how long I intend to stay in the US and where I'd be staying? What should I fill there?

That can't be difficult na. Fill exactly how long you intend to stay (in days or weeks) and where you intend to stay (name and address of hotel or a relative's place).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2014

Congrats oawale!! God bless and keep the little ones and give you the parents the knowledge and means to take care of them!!

Me sef I tap into VBAC anointing o though I just had my CS early last year but I trust God..
Activate the family planning mode o!! Na from there u suppose don do am sef!!lol..congrats
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2014
twizzie:
Congrats oawale!! God bless and keep the little ones and give you the parents the knowledge and means to take care of them!!
Me sef I tap into VBAC anointing o though I just had my CS early last year but I trust God..
Activate the family planning mode o!! Na from there u suppose don do am sef!!lol..congrats

lol, thanks .....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gbemileke14: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
@twizzie, thank you for your response. I just called Morristown and I got a bill of 6500,Which is just the hospital bill alone undecided.that's high. pls clarify when you call to know if bill is for both doctor and hospital.

twizzie: Check http://www.atlantichealth.org/morristown/our+services/maternity/ and also http://www.mountainsidehosp.com/Home.aspx.
I called Morristown and their bill is about 7000 exclusive of some tests and sonogram but I am hoping at getting a discount. @BVNO also called hackenside with a bill of 6500 which she says it's all inclusive so you could try to reach them when you reach..If not, na MIHS be that o. All the best though and please give heads up when you contact them.. Still pushing date of travel to get more time..
xoxo!!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
@ toitoi a big Congrats .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Papa ejima! Congrats ooooo. May God bless and keep the twins. And congrats on the successful VBAC too! Warm regards to your family Sir.

Thank you all ......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 5:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hello all. For those who applied and was granted visa as a family, do we have to fill the proxy form to collect your passport? We were given just one collection form, so I want to know if I am expected to sign the proxy form since my hubby was the primary applicant.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dollsjay: 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
PDF Zimmerman fees are not 1600...don't think you got the right dr information
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummybee: 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
IyawoToBe: Hello all. For those who applied and was granted visa as a family, do we have to fill the proxy form to collect your passport? We were given just one collection form, so I want to know if I am expected to sign the proxy form since my hubby was the primary applicant.

Just that single form is Okay since u applied as a family. No need to fill the proxy form. But I guess you have to go with your husband on the day of collection. I went with my husband and had to sign somewhere like that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (402)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.