Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee (2672 Views)

Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady / Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Built2last: 10:51pm On Oct 11, 2020
In Nigeria, Parents want their divorced daughters to re-marry but don't want their sons to marry a divorced woman.

Why?

3 Likes

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
That's because they want their son to marry a virgin. They believe that only those who are divorced are not virgins, but they don't know that even small girls are busy deflowering themselves nowadays, they don't want the gods to use them for sacrifice, lol grin

1 Like

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Kemimarch16(f): 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2020
I think divorcee should marry divorcee while single should marry single like them...My parents will not support that and I don't even pray for such.

8 Likes

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Built2last: 11:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
lalasticlala will your parents support you if you weren't married
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Idamond: 11:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
because woman are temple
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Camelot65: 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
Why should I marry a divorcee when I can get a fresh single lady??

2 Likes

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Saintmary(f): 11:39pm On Oct 11, 2020
Everyone wants what they think is best for their kids
undecided
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Ever8090: 11:47pm On Oct 11, 2020
Kemimarch16:
I think divorcee should marry divorcee while single should marry single like them...My parents will not support that and I don't even pray for such.
if the divorcee is Ned woke or Otedola or Dangote you will rush in to it without the consent of your parents....

6 Likes

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Kemimarch16(f): 11:53pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ever8090:
if the divorcee is Ned woke or Otedola or Dangote you will rush in to it without the consent of your parents....
Money is not everything,I want to address my husband as MY HUSBAND and not our husband

7 Likes

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Lucyspa: 8:26am On Oct 12, 2020
Ever8090:

I wouldn't mind ooo especially if it is dangote. kiss

1 Like

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Day169: 9:07am On Oct 12, 2020
Built2last:
In Nigeria, Parents want their divorced daughters to re-marry but don't want their sons to marry a divorced woman.

Why?
Don't we all like to eat our cakes and have it at the same time?
It's just human nature.

2 Likes

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by bukatyne(f): 9:33am On Oct 12, 2020
Built2last:

Why?

Hahahahahahaha

'Werey dun wo, ko se bi lomo'.

If you understand that proverb, it would be clearer to you.
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by bukatyne(f): 9:34am On Oct 12, 2020
Kemimarch16:
Money is not everything, I want to address my husband as MY HUSBAND and not our husband

Hahahahahahaha

The real daddy wa.
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by mariahAngel(f): 10:03am On Oct 12, 2020
As Christians, as long as the spouses are still alive, they're still considered married if they married in church, separated or not. (Till death do them part)
It is okay to marry a widow/widower than a divorcee.
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by pocohantas(f): 10:06am On Oct 12, 2020
I don’t think the bias is for divorced women only, divorced men face same problem. Most Nigerians have a problem with divorced people. Though it is worse for females, as it is the woman coming in, maybe with kids and physical effects of childbearing.

The problem is usually the drama associated with such marriages, the triangle and the fact that a third party would ALWAYS be part of your home.

mariahAngel:

As Christians, as long as the spouses are still alive, they're still considered married if they married in church, separated or not. (Till death do them part). It is okay to marry a widow/widower than a divorcee.

Lmao!!! This girl!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by NobleAngell(f): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2020
Truth is, not all divorcees are the problem. Some of them just happened to make a wrong choice at a point in their lives and decided to retrace their steps. If they happen to meet the right one, they won't take them for granted because they know what it is to be with the wrong one.

I know a lady that got divorced exactly 11 months after marriage. She married a covetous man who wanted to harm her and abscond with her money. He was already processing his traveling papers when she found out so she had to run for her life.

1 Like

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by NobleAngell(f): 10:11am On Oct 12, 2020
Camelot65:
Why should I marry a divorcee when I can get a fresh single lady??
You never know. That divorcee might be the one that you love and gives you rest of mind.
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Kondomatic(m): 10:13am On Oct 12, 2020
Built2last:

Why?
Divorced women should look for divorced men. Very simple.

I can't marry a divorcee, it either she was the problem or the man was the problem.

If she was the problem then she is still a problem.

If the man was the problem then it's still a problem.
I don't have the energy to prove to anyone that I am not an ass like her ex husband.

8 Likes

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by mariahAngel(f): 10:13am On Oct 12, 2020
pocohantas:
I don’t think the bias is for divorced women only, divorced men face same problem. Most Nigerians have a problem with divorced people. Though it is worse for females, as it is the woman coming in, maybe with kids and physical effects of childbearing.

The problem is usually the drama associated with such marriages, the triangle and the fact that a third party would ALWAYS be part of your home.

Lmao!!! This girl!!!!

Na true na cheesy

I'd rather marry a widower with children, than a divorcee with baggages

I can't fit abeg!
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by NobleAngell(f): 10:18am On Oct 12, 2020
Kondomatic:

I can't marry a divorcee, it either she was the problem or the man was the problem.

I don't have the energy to prove to anyone that I am not an ass like her ex husband.
Lol. I like this your analysis.
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by merieam16(f): 10:21am On Oct 12, 2020
I dont av problem in marrying a divorcee, d only thing is just to do ur research well to find out what actually happened that led to the divorce so u wont be a victim too

1 Like

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by pocohantas(f): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2020
mariahAngel:

Na true na cheesy

I'd rather marry a widower with children, than a divorcee with baggages. I can't fit abeg!

Sadly, this is the true position of many, but I am indifferent to both. The one I fear pass na scattered homes. You know those families wey no dey see eye to eye?
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Camelot65: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2020
NobleAngell:
You never know. That divorcee might be the one that you love and gives you rest of mind.
The thing is I can't fit shout.....

I can as well get a lady I love, will give me rest of mind who isn't a divorcee.....

some people can, I can't.... smiley
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Bola146(f): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2020
Yes if he has a geniue reason and he is a responsible man
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by poshestmina(f): 10:45am On Oct 12, 2020
Divorcee comes with lots of emotional stress .

It's either he wants you to fit in the ex wife's shoes if she was a good woman.
Like you have to always try to prove yourself better, sometimes unconsciously !

or he's pointing out faults and constantly reminding you why he left his ex wife. undecided undecided undecided.

I wouldn't want to be in such a situation.
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by pocohantas(f): 10:48am On Oct 12, 2020
Kondomatic:

She fit done change na. People learn o.

You see that part in green? I jump and pass!
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Zayttoven: 10:53am On Oct 12, 2020
If she can divorce the first husband, what's the guarantee she won't divorce me?

1 Like

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by NobleAngell(f): 10:54am On Oct 12, 2020
Camelot65:
The thing is I can't fit shout.....

I can as well get a lady I love, will give me rest of mind who isn't a divorcee.....

some people can, I can't.... smiley
Ok.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by mariahAngel(f): 10:56am On Oct 12, 2020
pocohantas:

Sadly, this is the true position of many, but I am indifferent to both. The one I fear pass na scattered homes. You know those families wey no dey see eye to eye?

The gbas gbos type
cheesy

Apart from the likely drama, another risk of marrying a divorcee is the unpredictability of situation.
They might begin to compare you and everything you do with their former spouse, looking for faults.

Check out FFK na...
Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by Kemimarch16(f): 11:09am On Oct 12, 2020
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha
The real daddy wa.
grin
bukatyne:

Hahahahahahaha
The real daddy wa.

1 Like

Re: Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee by RightToReject(m): 11:13am On Oct 12, 2020
Their parents might give or not give them support to marry a divorcee; however, 99.9 percent will definitely marry one - there's nothing automatically wrong with being one, since circumstances and individuals differ - whether their parents support them or not, provided that money and/or developed country residence is involved. Forget about their pretentious positions here.

It's on this same forum that some of these hypocritically disingenuous commenters vowed that they can't date or consider Nairalanders for relationship or marriage; yet, openly and secretly they were disturbing some of us who neither need relationship and marriage nor are against those in need them from here. And some even went to the extent of creating different haunting monikers to vilify some of us who rejected/jilted them while falsely accusing us of being behind the same haunting monikers.

Well, I'll marry a divorcee who's from a strong ethical leanings and is sync with me - assuming that I need a wife.

NB, to those I broke their hearts, I feel your pains, but vilifying me - quoting me here or other places to say trash - won't make you heal quickly; in fact, no one who has experienced heartbreak from me heals completely.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Advice To Dirty Husbands / My Life's A Mess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.