Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,749 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? (9695 Views)

Will Your Parents Support You Marrying A Divorcee / Is It Wise For A Man To Marry A Divorcee Who Has 3 Little Kids? / 'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by fyzaila: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2023
Is it necessary when you meet a divorced man or woman and you want to start a relationship, to start asking what happened? Like starting to dig and dig into the past of the person who is divorced.

In my opinion i don't think it's necessary, just focus on the person and see if you guys can work things out.

My fellow members, what's your opinion?

2 Likes

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Taylor90: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2023
Focus on the person keh

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2023
It is very necessary to ask but apply sense to whatever story they'll tell you.
If it's a man, you should ask if his wife left or he pursued her, if it's the former run away from him but if it's the later you can give him a listening ear and try him out.
If it's a woman and her husband chased her away then ask questions and apply your sense because no man chases a good woman away from his life.
And lastly you can't hear the true stories from the individuals involved, apply sense.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Taylor90: 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2023
IconicR:
I

This woman you too dey put mouth for relationship talk

Abi them thief your husband ni

11 Likes

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2023
Taylor90:

This woman you too dey put mouth for relationship talk

Abi them thief your husband ni
Just say I'm wise in giving relationship advise and rest

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by fyzaila: 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2023
IconicR:
It is very necessary to ask but apply sense to whatever story they'll tell you.
If it's a man, you should ask if his wife left or he pursued her, if it's the former run away from him but if it's the later you can give him a listening ear and try him out.
If it's a woman and her husband chased her away then ask questions and apply your sense because no man chases a good woman away from his life.

Don't you think the person who like to play victim and not give real details? Because nobody would want to paint himself or herself bad before anybody.

8 Likes

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2023
fyzaila:

Don't you think the person who like to play victim and not give real details? Because nobody would want to paint himself or herself bad before anybody.
I added more, read my conclusion

4 Likes

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Klass99(f): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2023

8 Likes

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 21, 2023
I will ask him because I wouldn't want the same thing to repeat itself in our relationship.

6 Likes

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by talented321: 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
It is a normal question after over a short period into the relationship'' it is only men and women who have insecurities that take it as a big deal''

2 Likes

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Bahamas95(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2023
Why won't I ask?

I don't want a repeat of what happened in 1960....I will listen attentively and pick the main points and ignore her lies and exaggerations.

1 Like

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Sirqt5(m): 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2023
ok
Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by fyzaila: 5:43am On Aug 22, 2023
Klass99:

Just dey play, you hear? grin

It is a normal and necessary question to ask in the course of interaction and no sane (divorced) person should take offence at being asked questions around their divorce.

It is natural to be curious about a person's dating/relationship past. Questions can be framed in ways that are not off putting, if a person is secretive or constantly shys away from that conversation you need to be extremely wary.

What on earth would even make you think this Fyz?

Noted thanks
Lol, met one (@ the bold)
Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by fyzaila: 5:44am On Aug 22, 2023
Bahamas95:
Why won't I ask?

I don't want a repeat of what happened in 1960....I will listen attentively and pick the main points and ignore her lies and exaggerations.

How will you know the lies? If i may ask. Because you don't even know the truth in the first place.
Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by fyzaila: 5:47am On Aug 22, 2023
IconicR:
I added more, read my conclusion

Yea, well noted thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Klass99(f): 12:58pm On Aug 22, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by ideatoprince18(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
May Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split favor me and my family

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by fineboynl(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
Yes
Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by BabaOfLagos: 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
My advice?

The problem about most people in relationships now is that they go in unprepared and uneducated about relationships.

I would advice men here to search and join [b]IAJ ONLIN[/b]E on telegram or Twitter, then read "Day 26 of their ongoing relationship series, read through the entire series if possible, your answers based therein.

Most people lack knowledge because they choose not to read.

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by erai30(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
You have to ask so that you can know, who dey ask questions nor dey miss road. WORDS OF THE ELDERS cool
Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by jayAjoku(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ask with your full chest and listen with your ears especially when it’s a woman you are asking, them sabi lie most times

1 Like

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by iampeterben(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
Very necessary, so you know if it can work between you and her.
Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by sylve11: 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
You will never hear the truth.

I have come to realized that the people who need the most love and affection end up pushing people who love them away. One of the Paradoxes of life.... sad sad cool

5 Likes

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Praktikals(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
Dont expect the truth from the bleeding gender.

1 Like

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Essenza01: 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
It always ends with "we both had our issues" we are not enemies...
Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by Jh0wsef(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
angry
Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by sportivation(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
See How Mummy Eno, NSPPDIANS Celebrated Pastor Jerry on his Birthday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_lw00lRG28
Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by underpinna: 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
If na woman you ask, you no go hear the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should One Ask A Divorcee What Caused The Split? by stano2(m): 1:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
U no go still hear truth

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

... / .. /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.