Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,863 members, 7,851,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:32 AM

Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru (2016 Views)

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / Nigerians Are To Be Blamed For Fuel Scarcity - Kachukwu. / Jonathan Should Be Blamed For Abubakar Audu's Death. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2007
Posted by McKren:
EFCC was not independent agreed, not because Ribadu did not want to be independent but because Presidency had every right to fire the EFCC boss without explanation.

If Ribadu's effort was sincere, then he would have stood up for what is right. He wouldn't have cared if he was going to be fired by the president or not.
This is also called standing up like a man for what is right.

My man, do you know that "a man's belief is as strong as his identity"?

Ehidero is another one that did not stand for what is right and he's currently paying as we speak.

Do you know how much money spent by EFCC during this period?

It is not about doing the right thing, it about doing what is right all the time.
My man, do you know the difference between the two?

A beg give me a break; Ribadu is totally responsible.
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by McKren(m): 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2007
Now you are standing up for what is right at all time by suggesting that all those who looted should be set free and yet celebrating every now and then that Ehindero is in the duck.

I have told you before, you lack the moral right to lecture Ribadu on ethics.

You simply have no clue what right and wrong is, no matter how you disguise your love for Nigeria you true intentions shows by every word you type.
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2007
Posted by McKren:
Ribadu did not play any role in the impeachment of Ladoja and Peter Obi.

If anything he thought Adebibu and Alao Akala were not fit to be leaders

My man, action is louder than just mere pussy cat word. Ribadu should have taken the same action he took against ATIKU to stop folks like AKALA, ADEBIDU, CHRIS UBA and others from participating in any political election.

But, no, he did nothing, but made few noise. I guess his master did not approve it.

Give me a break. It is either you are here to vigorously fight the corrupt leaders or you're at the other side of the river.

Ribadu had all the tools and opportunity to do what is right, but he did not and it is a pure failure.

Ribadu would have gotten 100% support of Nigerians if he had only fought the fight fairly and un-selectively.

Give me a break, he created more confusion than anything else!
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2007
Posted by McKren:
Now you are standing up for what is right at all time by suggesting that all those who looted should be set free

Now I think you're smoking something very strong.
My Man, when did I ever make such a recommendation?

Dude, wake up, it's Big B1.

What is wrong with you?
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2007
"Too many are Too corrupt for Too long. If you can not punish all, then it makes no sense to punish any"

If any other action is taken, then the possibility that there will be a major crisis around the country is very high and this could also place our nation into a permanent incapacitated mode.

Any reasonable individual will agree with this point.

McKren, this statement is not the same as "looted leaders should be set free"
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2007
@McKren:

Quote by DOKUBO from Nigerian Newspaper (6/26/07[b])
What sort of judgment and justice can be so selective that one man would die in prison while others, who stole more than him, are walking free and even thinking of becoming ministers?
[/b]

Thank God, our new president is intelligent, a listener, honest and understands the role of a true learder.

Mr. McKren:
The wuruwuru, magomago, rushrush, pafpaf, and short cuts ERA is dead.
The Nigerian problems will be studied profoundly and a clear and effective final decision will be made at the right time.

Nigeria belongs to all of us, we all have our rights, we are all equal and no more dancing behind a fake messiah.

Problems in Nigeria will be resolved collectively as a group. There is no more one man show in town.

Failure is behind us and perfection is what we crave!

Nigerian president is here, it's time for business

One love
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by McKren(m): 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2007
in whose Regime are they trying to be ministers?

in Ribadu's regime I guess?
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2007
Asari-Dokubo blasts EFCC

Ijaw freedom fighter, Alhaji Mujahid Abubakar Dokubo- Asari, has launched a blistering attack on the anti-corruption campaign of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), accusing the agency of selective operation. He also gave an indication that he would drag former President Olusegun Obasanjo to court to account for money the country earned in eight years.

Speaking in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State capital, Dokubo said the case of Chief Diepreye Alamieyseigha of Bayelsa State, has exposed the deceit in the anti-corruption war as former governors, who misapproprated more than the ex-Bayelsa governor are free.

He regretted that the Ijaw sacrificed Alamieyeseigha and allowed him to be disgraced.

His words: "All of you were here when our brother, Alamieyeseigha, was governor of this state. I was not on friendly terms with him, but immediately he was arrested, I became one of his crusaders even in prison, because the cause is an Ijaw cause.

The disgrace of one Ijaw man is the disgrace of Ijaw people. The pain of one Ijaw man is pain to all Ijaw people. We can quarrel and fight at home but not outside because we are an endangered people. The Ijaw man is an endangered man. Alamieyeseigha is the only one in prison. All those who were impeached went to court and they were returned to their government houses.

"Today, they are free and being patted on the back to return the property they had stolen without accounting for these property. What sort of judgment and justice can be so selective that one man would die in prison while others, who stole more than him, are walking free and even thinking of becoming ministers?

"Ijaw people were disgraced that Alamieyeseigha stole money when people who stole more than him are walking free. We will resist and must resist this evil."

On his declared war against former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Dokubo said there was no going back as he is prepared to drag Obasanjo to court to account for all the money his administration got in his eight year rule.

He explained that Obasanjo, during his rule, created wealth for young Yoruba men with the money and resources of the Niger Delta and shut out people of the region.

Hear him: "I am sorry to say this because I would not want to compromise the Bayelsa State government’s position, but I am not a PDP member, so I must say this. Obasanjo created wealth for people with our own money. Obasanjo created wealth for five young Yoruba men. I am older than most of them. If they have access to those resources, I see no reason at 43 years old I cannot, because in my family land, there are oil wells. I Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo- Asari am taking Gen Olusegun Obasanjo to court to account for every kobo he received in his eight years rule. We are taking the fight to them. That is the truth of the matter."

He also sounded a note of warning to militants operating in the region, noting that they should not play into the hands of the enemies who are looking for ways to disgrace Vice President Goodluck Jonathan from his current position.

"Today, I believe Mr. Goodluck Jonathan, the vice president of the Nigerian state, should be given a chance. Though I don’t believe in the Nigerian state as I have not accepted to be a Nigerian, majority of Ijaw believe in Jonathan and we will give him a chance. We will encourage Ijaw people to give him a chance. I have not been paid to say this.

The previous government offered all sort of things to compromise the struggle and jettison it, but I refused. So it is not what this government would give me that would be better. I chose to remain in prison for one year and 10 months. I want to say as Ijaw people if we do not give Goodluck Jonathan a chance we would regret it, because our enemies would exploit our refusal to give him a support to disgrace him from this government and we would not like another Ijaw man to be disgraced.

"For me, we allowed Alamieyeseigha to be disgraced. We should not allow Jonathan to be disgraced because if Jonathan is disgraced we are all disgraced."

Dokubo,who said he has temporarily shelved his plans to travel for medical attention because of a scheduled meeting with major militant groups, said they had agreed to meet with him, stressing, however, "we are not fighting or cleaning up the mess created by government."

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/jun/26/814.html
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by McKren(m): 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2007
Big B1:

@McKren:

Quote by DOKUBO from Nigerian Newspaper (6/26/07[b])[/b]

Thank God, our new president is intelligent, a listener, honest and understands the role of a true learder.

Mr. McKren:
The wuruwuru, magomago, rushrush, pafpaf, and short cuts ERA is dead.
The Nigerian problems will be studied profoundly and a clear and effective final decision will be made at the right time.

Nigeria belongs to all of us, we all have our rights, we are all equal and no more dancing behind a fake messiah.

Problems in Nigeria will be resolved collectively as a group. There is no more one man show in town.

Failure is behind us and perfection is what we crave!

Nigerian president is here, it's time for business

One love

I will come back to debate this issue when the cabinet list has been released and when the electoral tribunal is over. After then we will know Yaradua's tru colour.
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2007
Posted by McKren:
I will come back to debate this issue when the cabinet list has been released and when the electoral tribunal is over. After then we will know Yaradua's tru colour.

@McKren:
What does Yar'Adua's true colour got to do with the failure that has been implemented by Ribadu and his master (OBJ) many many months ago?

My man, it is clear that you have no material; and deep down in your soul, you know the fact, you know that Ribadu has directly and indirectly contributed to the down fall of WAR AGAINST CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA.

And that is the fact!

No need to wait for anything, you can never never win this debate.

Pretty soon RIBADU himself will publicly accept his responsibility; just watch.

And please, do not mis-understand my point; Mr Ribadu is a fine Nigeria and still represents one of my favorite men in Nigeria today, but if we truly want to move forward, the truth must be known.
There is absolutely no reason to kiss ass, I don't like the smell of shit.

What you see is what you get, I'm very firm to my belief.
I fear nobody, but God!
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by McKren(m): 8:43pm On Jun 27, 2007
You errorneously think you are making sense.

You are neither making sense nor making progress.

So stop ranting about the same thing repeatedly, you bore the hell out of me. I come here thinking you will present new facts and arguments only to meet misguided rantings. Please lets hear other people's views.

Your most recent post on this thread does not offer anything new diiferent from your first post
. I thought you were full of stuffs to give out now I know how much you have.
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by DisGuy: 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2007
Big B1:

"Too many are Too corrupt for Too long. If you can not punish all, then it makes no sense to punish any"

If any other action is taken, then the possibility that there will be a major crisis around the country is very high and this could also place our nation into a permanent incapacitated mode.

Any reasonable individual will agree with this point.

McKren, this statement is not the same as "looted leaders should be set free"

really?

so if ten criminals rob you, if the police cant arrest all of them, they shouldnt bother arresting those they can?
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 9:10pm On Jun 27, 2007
@McKren:
Dude, you now sound like a loser.

Of course, my posting are very similar because there is only one fact and one has to drill it into your head.

And do yourself a favor, go ahead and do what you do best "melt away like an ice cube" you are not obligated to respond anymore.

I have effectively responded to all your rubbish and it is obvious that you do not have any material; I can't wait for it to be made publicly that Ribadu and his master (OBJ) have created an obstacle for this new administration to function or respond effectively to war against corruption.

That is the fact!
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2007
Posted by DisGuy
so if ten criminals rob you, if the police can't arrest all of them, they shouldn't bother arresting those they can?

@DisGuy:
What do you mean by saying "if police can't arrest all of them"?

See? The problem here is the fact that we, Nigerians do not understand perfection; no one is willing to get the job done correctly. No one is willing to take the time and do it right. (this is why Bola Ige's killer is still out there drinking pepper soup today).
And we can not continue like this, If we want to move forward effectively, we must identify all the loop holes, correct things and stop wanting to quickly settle for less.

Hell yes, they can all be arrested!
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2007

@DisGuy:
This statement simply means "all corrupt leaders should pay"
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2007
Making EFCC an effective and efficient organization should be our main focus. Dancing behind a partially accomplished goal and making unnecessary noise is not the right thing to do. It only signifies settlement for less, which also happens to be the main negative factor that continues to debase our value as mankind and as a nation. This type of state of mind should be rejected under any circumstances.

Perfection should always be our number 1 priority at all time; this is the only way things in general will improve in Nigeria.

Few steps:
Establish an organizational policy
Plan the process
Provide resources
Assign responsibility
Train people
Manage organizational protocols
Involve and monitor stakeholders
Monitor the process
Monitor the commitments
Monitor risk
Respect the citizens
Respect the constitution
Periodically review the operations' progress, performance and issue
Review the accomplishment and result of all operations at selected operation milestone
And finally make necessary adjustment.

It is obvious that 85% of the time these steps do not exist when putting together activities in Nigeria. It just makes no sense and a waste of time to many in Nigeria; and this is sad.

It is also obvious that no one takes EFCC serious (presence or past) in Nigeria; and this is also sad.

But if things are done sincerely and accordingly, general improvement will be witnessed by all in Nigeria within a very short period.

Future should be our best friend and perfection that contrives the future should be given a chance in Nigeria.
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by degoat: 2:42am On Jun 29, 2007
Biggy I second that point. Perfection is the root of success and my people should pay attention to this element or else it will be a rat race at the same point for another 40 years.

@topic I wouldn't blame Umaru at this point because it takes time, honesty and intelligence to cleanup the mess Mr EFCC and his father have created. I still think something special will happen very soon. It is not fair for all these criminals to loot the states treasuries for personal use and still walk around the country freely, they must pay.

Don't blame Nuhu (he did not understand the game) or Umaru (he is still a new kid on the block), blame our former president (he is the root to all corruption that took place btw 1999 to 2007).
Re: Who Is To Be Blamed? Nuhu Or Umaru by BigB11(m): 4:31am On Jul 01, 2007
cool point!

Apparently some folks just don't get it, one has to drill it into their black hard head.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria: Ndlea Arrests Seven Drug Peddlers At Lagos Airport. / Nigeria Ranked 37th In Africa / Would You Support The Return Of Bakassi Boys In Anambara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.