Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters (47043 Views)

INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates / Insecurity In Edo: Obaseki Backtracks On Government Providing Land For Herders / President Buhari Addresses #Endsars Protesters (Video And Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Ogaonos: 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2020
Nemere2020:
WIKE CALLS FOR TOTAL REFORM OF NIGERIA POLICE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doSCPvmFdMU

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike says all Nigerians should support the total reform of the Nigeria Police Force.

Addressing End-SARS protesters at Government House, Port Harcourt, Governor Wike told them not to be satisfied that the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Nigeria Police Force would be scrapped.

"If we do not reform the Police, the same SARS officers will be deployed to other units of the Force to continue their evil acts.

"It is not only to end SARS. Already, there is a pronouncement to scrap it. But every Nigerian should support the total reform of the Police.

"SARS cannot and has never been our friend in Rivers state. They killed a lecturer at Ken Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic without a cause and people kept quiet.

"President Muhammadu Buhari said he will reform the Police. Let us be ready to hold him by his words," he said.

The Governor stated that he took an oath of office to protect the lives and property of Rivers people.

According to him, this made him to condemn the brutality and kidnapping activities of SARS officers against Rivers people.

He pointed out that instead of a national support against such evil, leaders in some quarters reduced it to politics.

"What we find in this country is that people play to the gallery. They hate people who speak the truth.

"When we raised the alarm over the killings of Rivers people by SARS operatives, nobody listened to us as they said I was playing politics with it.

"No Governor saw the need to speak out against that evil. That was because it was not happening in their States. Now the evil of SARS has touched them, they want everybody to join.

"Rivers State does not play second fiddle. The life of Rivers people matter to me and I will continue to protect them.

"What you are protesting against, I had campaigned against it long ago. If only they listened, we will not be protesting today", he stated.
Paulinus Nsirim
Commissioner for Information and Communications
October 12, 2020.

https://www.facebook.com/672482079562653/posts/2296752647135580/
am now understanding how effective protest work.no leader in the protest,no political friends in the protest.make it effective
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by erico2k2(m): 9:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
oluwatosink:
Wike is a Sly ,He can't be trusted. He has other motives in him.

but to be fair to him.he has always talked against SARS.since they are in his backyard

1 Like

Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Emenikec219(m): 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2020
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo WS officers will be deployed to other units of the Force to continue their evil acts.

"It is not only to end SARS. Already, there is a pronouncement to scrap it. But every Nigerian should support the total reform of the Police.

"SARS cannot and has never been our friend in Rivers state. They killed a lecturer at Ken Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic without a cause and people kept quiet.

"President Muhammadu Buhari said he will reform the Police. Let us be ready to hold him by his words," he said.

The Governor stated that he took an oath of office to protect the lives and property of Rivers people.

According to him, this made him to condemn the brutality and kidnapping activities of SARS officers against Rivers people.

He pointed out that instead of a national support against such evil, leaders in some quarters reduced it to politics.

"What we find in this country is that people play to the gallery. They hate people who speak the truth.

"When we raised the alarm over the killings of Rivers people by SARS operatives, nobody listened to us as they said I was playing politics with it.

"No Governor saw the need to speak out against that evil. That was because it was not happening in their States. Now the evil of SARS has touched them, they want everybody to join.

"Rivers State does not play second fiddle. The life of Rivers people matter to me and I will continue to protect them.

"What you are protesting against, I had campaigned against it long ago. If only they listened, we will not be protesting today", he stated.
Paulinus Nsirim
Commissioner for Information and Communications
October 12, 2020.

https://www.facebook.com/672482079562653/posts/2296752647135580/[/quote]
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2020
Moferere:
He finally succumbed to the will of the people.

Why did he firstly behave like a tyrant? grin

Smart move by a Smart politician. Can you say he sponsored or supports the project?
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Armanipounds: 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2020
Lol.......so im wife don call am to order abi dishing out nonsensical orders as if he is the reincarnated Emperor Nero.....
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Shadysen: 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2020
uniqueboi1:
Wike the cow.
if you called him cow,what can you call the one in aso rock please?/
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by emmyN(m): 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2020
loveth360:
This morning, protesters in ph were beaten and the army college their camera.
The boy asin him ask him officers is it a sim to protest?
People was run,everybody was run i was run. Tire gas everywhere the rice they say they wee give us
protesters, i no see. My eyes
tire gas tire gas. It itn't easy 2day.

Thank God I come back
aliveness.

#endsarz

I had a good laugh reading this. Thanks cheesy.
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by NewFolm4(m): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
Yeyeman! Why do you ban protest in first place??
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by ViktorCash: 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2020
Chameleon undecided
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Superjazz: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2020
smile11s:
#SayNoToSWAT #BringBackOurSARS #IgboAmaka
you are not wise grin
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Value2Ethics: 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2020
The SMART thing to do now, is demonstrate against low salary, poor training and poor accommodation of police officers and army personals.

That might win Nigerians the loyalty of Nigeria Security Forces members away from politicians

#IncreasePoliceArmySalary
#QualityTrainingArmyPolice
#QualityPoliceArmyAccomodarion

1 Like

Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Nmezor(f): 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
Wike him self...Why the initial gra gra bfr?
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2020
I wish we can also protest the new electricity tarrif hike as DISCOs are already implementing the new hike while the government and labour are busy feeding us with fake news of two weeks suspension of the hike and another week. Lies everywhere. ikea electricity has effected the increment sharp sharp.
#ENDELECTRICITY TARIFF HIKE
#LABOURTELLUSTHETRUTH
#FGDONOTDECEIVEUS
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 13, 2020
Buhari has not released that billions yet
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by uniqueboi1(m): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2020
Shadysen:
if you called him cow,what can you call the one in aso rock please?/

The other one is worst than a cow naw.

This one is a cow for banning the protest.
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by tsagir(m): 10:43pm On Oct 13, 2020
michjunior:

UNCLE IT CALLED "SWAT" NOT " SWART"
HAHAHA THANK you
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by omobonike70223: 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
Govt has already disbanded sars. this is irrelevance at its peak
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by tutudesz: 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2020
Antoeni:
I will go for tomorrow Protest
Abeg watin be the location for this particular protest wink

1 Like

Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Encounter261(m): 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2020
wale377:
Hxhzhzh
i site you my brother
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by miqos02(m): 11:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
loveth360:
People was run,everybody was run i was run. Tire gas everywhere the rice they say they wee give us

Thank God I come back
aliveness.

#endsarz
we need to end you too because of english, please speak pidgin next time, google will translate for us
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by flyingdutchman(m): 11:23pm On Oct 13, 2020
Wike read my mind
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by paul100(m): 11:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
miqos02:
we need to end you too because of english, please speak pidgin next time, google will translate for us
She is just catching cruise.I checked some of her previous posts.
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Kakamorufu(m): 11:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
shebi he dey run mouth b4 ni.. big head
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by zcee: 11:41pm On Oct 13, 2020
End Buhari!!
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by miqos02(m): 12:11am On Oct 14, 2020
lol
paul100:

She is just catching cruise.I checked some of her previous posts.
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Sniper101(m): 12:21am On Oct 14, 2020
loveth360:

Thank God I come back
aliveness.

#endsarz

As in, are you being serious right now sad
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:46am On Oct 14, 2020
Moferere:

He really is.
A gallery dancer.
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:50am On Oct 14, 2020
loveth360:

Thank God I come back
aliveness.

#endsarz
LOVETH!!!
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Timtim007(f): 4:47am On Oct 14, 2020
Moferere:

Na reverse psychology.. cheesy
He said don't turn up ...to test them...
Meanwhile he knows his people.. grin
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by FlashDboy: 5:14am On Oct 14, 2020
GeneralPula:
They’ve been pushing this one sote him don believe whatever he dictates to him pipu would be accepted..

Honestly, good he back tracked. Weldone Mr governor...

Great job from the people the people’s voice must be heard....Let everyone be united and brave just as our Edo brothers and sisters have shown us... It works, it does.

1 Like

Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Gerrard59(m): 5:18am On Oct 14, 2020
Antoeni:
I will go for tomorrow Protest

This should be Lekki. Mehn, when I saw the pic, I uttered "wow!". Women are beautiful creatures. kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nwodibo Ekechukwu Sacked As Enugu Police Commissioner / Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu / Youth Leader Kills Huge Camel To Celebrate Buhari's Return In Bauchi State. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.