Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters (47041 Views)

INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates / Insecurity In Edo: Obaseki Backtracks On Government Providing Land For Herders / President Buhari Addresses #Endsars Protesters (Video And Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by witworth(m): 6:06am On Oct 14, 2020
classicfrank4u:

So y did he threaten Rivers people not to protest initially?
go and read his words over again, he said since the SARS had been proscribed, there was no need to continue with the protests but since the people were still defiant, he had no choice as the people's governor than to think twice and support the motion, and when he did, everybody else too was eventually okay with his new action, so wetin you wan make we do to him again, pour more insults on him or what?
Mind you, there is always a chance of second thought about things.
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by kmaster007: 6:44am On Oct 14, 2020
Nemere2020:
WIKE CALLS FOR TOTAL REFORM OF NIGERIA POLICE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doSCPvmFdMU

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike says all Nigerians should support the total reform of the Nigeria Police Force.

Addressing End-SARS protesters at Government House, Port Harcourt, Governor Wike told them not to be satisfied that the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Nigeria Police Force would be scrapped.

"If we do not reform the Police, the same SARS officers will be deployed to other units of the Force to continue their evil acts.

"It is not only to end SARS. Already, there is a pronouncement to scrap it. But every Nigerian should support the total reform of the Police.

"SARS cannot and has never been our friend in Rivers state. They killed a lecturer at Ken Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic without a cause and people kept quiet.

"President Muhammadu Buhari said he will reform the Police. Let us be ready to hold him by his words," he said.

The Governor stated that he took an oath of office to protect the lives and property of Rivers people.

According to him, this made him to condemn the brutality and kidnapping activities of SARS officers against Rivers people.

He pointed out that instead of a national support against such evil, leaders in some quarters reduced it to politics.

"What we find in this country is that people play to the gallery. They hate people who speak the truth.

"When we raised the alarm over the killings of Rivers people by SARS operatives, nobody listened to us as they said I was playing politics with it.

"No Governor saw the need to speak out against that evil. That was because it was not happening in their States. Now the evil of SARS has touched them, they want everybody to join.

"Rivers State does not play second fiddle. The life of Rivers people matter to me and I will continue to protect them.

"What you are protesting against, I had campaigned against it long ago. If only they listened, we will not be protesting today", he stated.
Paulinus Nsirim
Commissioner for Information and Communications
October 12, 2020.

https://www.facebook.com/672482079562653/posts/2296752647135580/
Wike you don dey talk too much FEM!!!
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Charlex23(m): 8:27am On Oct 14, 2020
This Wike na scam abeg. i thought he gave an order agsinst any form of protest, but rather he came there and started talking about INEC. He knows those guys fortified themselves, and he could do absolutely nothing other than to be in support
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by CavemanDefuturo: 9:26am On Oct 14, 2020
Wike is a smart man.. Was thinking he would resist the crowd...but he knows better

#EndSars should switch to #RestructureNigeria

Only then will they listen to us.. only then we can gather more crowd and even earn the backing of some of the Political class.

SARS is just a fraction of our many troubles in Nigeria... You and I know we need more than just #EndSars. Restructuring is the answer and it's only the youth that has the strength and number to make it happen. #RestructureNigeria
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by maco1: 11:07am On Oct 14, 2020
Take the protest to the political class and rescue our nation from ridership.
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by maco1: 11:29am On Oct 14, 2020
maco1:
Take the protest to the political class and rescue our nation from ridership.

We are fed up with rulers, we need to protest for a smart and humble leader for a better tomorrow.

What a serious operator!! “She is Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany, currently the world's most respected leader, a physics and chemical scientist turned politician (she speaks German, English and Russian perfectly). She leads the strongest economy in the European Union and the most important in the world, which exports more than 1,550 billion dollars annually. However, she receives no free state service, no housing, no electricity, no gas, no entertainment expenses, no personal chef, no water, no free phone from the Federal Republic of Germany budget, and lives her life humbly like any other German citizen. She does her own shopping (in the photo, in a Berlin Supermarket), carries her own shopping bags, pays for her purchases and if she receives a parking ticket, she pays out of her own pocket. A reporter recently asked her, "Do you remember I've taken a photo of you in this same dress ten years ago? She told him: "My mission is to serve my fellow Germans, not to be a model."

Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by shilz(f): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2020
loveth360:
This morning, protesters in ph were beaten and the army college their camera.
The boy asin him ask him officers is it a sim to protest?
People was run,everybody was run i was run. Tire gas everywhere the rice they say they wee give us
protesters, i no see. My eyes
tire gas tire gas. It itn't easy 2day.

Thank God I come back
aliveness.

#endsarz
so even when everybody WAS run u WAS using one eye to run and another eye to look for rice?u get luck say TIRE gas no off ya eye.
Re: Wike Backtracks, Addresses EndSARS Protesters by Ebiri88gor: 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2020
wike my man of the year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Orders Task Force To Destroy 500 Impounded Commercial Motorcycles / Nwodibo Ekechukwu Sacked As Enugu Police Commissioner / Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.