Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State (8800 Views)

Another Baby Factory Busted In Enugu State, 4 Pregnant Rescued (photos) / Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) / Nine Pregnant Girls Arrested In Enugu After Police Raided Baby Factory (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by aloyemeka1: 2:13am On Mar 07, 2011
[size=14pt]Uncovered!
‘World’ baby factory in Okigwe[/size]

•Twins sell for N1m; Baby boy N500,000; Girl N350,000
From Petrus Obi, Enugu
Sunday, March 06, 2011

••Entrance to the clinic after it was sealed off by NAPTIP
Photo: Sun News Publishing

Until recently, the Ayodele Omosuyi Natural Clinic in Ugwuaku, Okigwe, Imo State, was believed to be the ‘solution ground’ for baby-seeking habitué. But behind the high fenced walls, all manner of the absurd takes place, away from the prying eyes of the public and law enforcement agents.
Unknown to many, this was a hugely thriving baby factory, where women who pretend to be heavily pregnant deliver their ‘babies.’ But not without a price!

Depending on what a woman wants, twins go for about N1 million, male babies are sold for N500,000, while females are sold for between N350,000 and N450,000. Whichever child you desire, she collects cash and not cheque.

Behind the illicit baby trade is one Mrs. Ayodele Omosuyi, popularly known as Iyawo in the community. It is not difficult locating her ‘clinic.’ Anyone, especially the commercial motorcycle riders at the Okigwe junction along the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway, would readily take you to her rendezvous.
She is seen as lord in the community and nobody in the rural community of Ugwuaku dares cross her path. The police were believed to know about her activities, but apparently looked the other way until soldiers burst the ring last December when they raided the place with officials of the National Agency for Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).

Decayed human bodies that had turned into skeletons were among the things allegedly discovered during the raid. NAPTIP suspects that some of the children and even adults might have been used for rituals at the clinic.
During Sunday Sun checks at the village, a commercial motorcyclist told our reporter that the community does not know half of the things that go on in the village.
“It is a Mecca of sorts and people come here for very many different purposes.”
He alleged that people from far and near, vehicles of all shapes, sizes and brands, some marked with Federal Government number plates as well as other special numbers from different parts of the country visit the woman, whom he described as very powerful.

He narrated the story of a passenger he often carried to the clinic.
“One day she confessed to me that she was in trouble. She said her sister-in-law, who had been scheming for her to be chased away from the family due to her inability to have a baby, suddenly changed after she visited Iyawo.
“She said after taking the substance given to her she started noticing something growing in her womb and that her baby actually moved to the admiration of her sister-in-law and other members of her family. She, however, confessed that it was just that once; that nothing happened again until she visited Iyawo again.
“When it was nine months and time for her to be delivered of her baby, Iyawo had to postpone the delivery date by four months to enable her complete the N1 million fee she was charged for twins.”

How the bubble burst
NAPTIP explained how investigation into the child racketeering started. According to the agency, operatives of the State Security Services (SSS) had arrested some women who came to Enugu through the airport only to return days after with newborn babies. The women were handed over to the agency, where they revealed how the suspect (Mrs. Omosuyi) assisted them to get the babies.
NAPTIP revealed that Mrs. Omosuyi had agents that are paid for each pregnant girl brought to the clinic. The girls are paid between N70,000 and N90,000 after delivery, depending on the sex of the baby.

While girls who successfully deliver are given a token, those who lose their babies are reportedly forced to serve Mrs. Omosuyi for a long time. During this period, male adults were paid to impregnate the girls, who are not allowed to leave the clinic.
Four pregnant teenage girls were found during the raid and handed over to NAPTIP
A woman from Switzerland, who is married to a Cameroonian, was also found at the clinic. She claimed that her sister had got her children through the same source.

Fake pregnancy
Investigation revealed that the suspect administers certain substance on her patients that form a sort of tumour in the womb of the ‘expectant’ mothers, making them believe they were pregnant. The women warned not to go to any hospital or undergo ultra-sound or any sort of scan as they could lose the ‘pregnancy’ or ‘baby’ in the process.
When it is time for ‘delivery,’ another substance is administered on the woman, which gives a false impression of labour. Part of the sex organ is cut as well as the growing tumour to discharge the necessary blood and make it look as though there was actual delivery. A baby is then sneaked in and made to cry. The woman is also made to believe she had been delivered of a baby.

Spirited defence
Recently, Iyawo attempted to whip up public sentiment when she appeared on a national television station and accused the soldiers and NAPTIP officials of various human right abuses.
She alleged that she was manhandled, raped and brutalised by the soldiers and NAPTIP officials during the raid.
She said she was pregnant and had a miscarriage in the process of her arrest and detention.
She also claimed to have discovered herbs that can make a barren woman pregnant and had successfully used it for years to assist women in dire need of babies.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/mar/06/newsbreak-06-03-2011-001.htm
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by aloyemeka1: 2:14am On Mar 07, 2011
Twins sell for N1m; Baby boy N500,000; Girl N350,000

Unbelievable!!

1 Like

Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by pleep(m): 6:33am On Mar 07, 2011
That is he craziest thing I've heard In a while. What if she ry was making those women pregnant.

1 Like

Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by MaziUche0(m): 6:36am On Mar 07, 2011
Wonders never amaze me anymore.

Not only shame on this woman, but shame on the men who helped her impregnate these girls.
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 07, 2011
Too bad
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by aloyemeka1: 11:08am On Mar 07, 2011
MaziUche0:

Wonders never amaze me anymore.

Not only shame on this woman, but shame on the men who helped her impregnate these girls.

You think men have shame in things like this?.
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by blayz0923: 11:44am On Mar 07, 2011
This is not new. the major baby making factory in IMO state is dat of young girls paid to get pregnant and deliver with the babies later sold to politicians, searching mothers and co. may the good and gracious Lord continue to deliver us.
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by aknuel: 11:56am On Mar 07, 2011
shocked cry
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by Cuteobi(f): 11:59am On Mar 07, 2011
What a crazy world we live in!!!!
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by tellwisdom: 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2011
its true
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by fesse(f): 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2011
Where is ileke-ide or whatever they call her (tribalist)? That woman is an agent of the devil.
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by FabulousE1: 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2011
end-times are so near.
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by kuraking(m): 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2011
unbelievable
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by hackney(m): 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2011
Ofcourse such things will happen in nigeria.
Nigeria is such a terrible place where money is absolutely everything.

Not supporting what the woman is doing but. .  the market is there: some rich old hags cant have babies while
the young girls are firing on all four cylinders but are scanky broke.
The lady simply introduces them and gets her cut.
Like i said ,not supporting her oo !
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by nanidee(f): 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2011
smh,
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by Blazing99: 1:33pm On Mar 07, 2011
This is the master of all baby trade scam I have ever heard.
How come a Yoruba woman was doing this successfully for a while in Imo State?
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by r231(m): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2011
na wah o
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by johnkaro(m): 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2011
Are you surprise at this story? but this is not first time stories have emanated in this country, the real problem is the parents of this girls who have not properly bought up this girls in Godly way and the love of money that is eating up the people of this country.
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2011
I said this a long time ago
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-466385.0.html
I have been waiting to raise this thread for a long time but did not know what section to raise it in, this story is a farce and a lie. It is the rave of the moment here in naija ladies 50 years and above are beginning to give birth mysteriously and if you have never gone to see one for yourself i suggest you sit back and read because this thing is really becoming nauseating.

1. First off they would tell you that they use herbs to rub their stomach that it does so so so and so from removing fibroid to allegedly revitalizing their hormones.
2. When they get pregnant, it does not show, it just stays around their stomach as opposed to protruding. You must take note that even ultrasound cannot see the baby for the whole nine months out of which the last one or two are spent in this herbalists place.
3. Finally the child is born and you go to visit the woman, and scenes like this follow

(i) The baby is crying and you would hear a neighbour (mostly people who all know that this is a scam )saying oya madam bosom feed the pikin na, then you hear "E no dey gree suck bosom oh e no dey gree" and a close look around would show you jeers and sneers from people who know too well that the baby is a fraud, apparently the herbs do not revitalize the hormones to stimulate milk in their bosoms.
(ii) The woman who just gave birth a few days ago has so much energy and moves around so freely and uninhibitedly as tough she just came from a training session.

Infact it is so bad that a woman my mum (who is a medical practitioner by the way) saw just a month ago called her a few days ago to say, I don born pikin oh and immediately my mum cut the phone you need to see the laughter that ensued.

The sad part of this is that the trade is being peddled by medical practitioners and to hear them when they say the child cannot show on ultrasound is so nauseating that you begin to wonder where we are going in this country. The main woman doing it for the past year or so in the east has allegedly started making nyanga so another woman has taken up the trade in port harcourt.

Nigerians prefer to say thank you God before they ask questions very good.
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by eros(m): 2:32pm On Mar 07, 2011
Blazing99:

This is the master of all baby trade scam I have ever heard.
How come a Yoruba woman was doing this successfully for a while in Imo State?

Was the above question necessary? except you want to start a tribal war on this thread.
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by batiatus(m): 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2011
who are those dat aided dis woman business 2 flourish, wealthy nigerians who are desparate 2 hv children. Nevertheless she shld be charg 4 forcing young girls 2 get pregnant
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by redsun(m): 3:30pm On Mar 07, 2011
Knowing what some nigerians are,they may have been primarilly breeding the children for rituals,not basically for childless couples which would have been understandable if it is properly controlled and monitored.

There is some thing called surrogacy in the real,it is legal,ethical and workable but nigeria is not a real world,it is a world controlled by mad and re-tarded adults.

1 Like

Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2011
redsun:

Knowing what some nigerians are,they may have been primarilly breeding the children for rituals,not basically for childless couples which would have been understandable if it is properly controlled and monitored.

There is some thing called surrogacy in the real,it is legal,ethical and workable but nigeria is not a real world,it is a world controlled by mad and re-tarded adults.
angry angry angry
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 07, 2011
[size=15pt]Only in Naija.[/size]
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by mikus24: 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2011
this world is becoming someting else. sometimes i ask why do God give us freedom of choice why don't He just make us good as He wanted us to.The love of money would have been in at minimal stage. Then this nonsense will not be happening.The woman should be killed for he who live by the sword shall die by the sword she should be killed and not tried cos she has destroyed so many lives.
i believe no one of her client is really keeping any of the baby as a child rather for ritual purpose.the girls she paid or use as maid their future is ruined.
I may be rash on my judgement, the reason is can this woman allow her daughters children that is her grandchildren be sold for any eason? can she allow her daughters to take any drug that will make them think they are pregnant and think they are oing through labour?.
This is SIN against God and man
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by dino2006(m): 5:25pm On Mar 07, 2011
Naija women, i hail thee. In this modern age, of IVF solutions, common, if u can afford 1m for a set of bastard twins, why not pay thesame 1m or thereabout for an IVF, where u can even get triplets: flesh of ur flesh & bone of ur bone. Just don't gedit,
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by johnjoel(m): 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2011
not only in niaja every where GOD GOD GOD where are pls save our
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by eghost247(m): 6:56pm On Mar 07, 2011
Pure wickedness
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by cold(m): 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2011
Why can't things ever be done properly in Naija?Surrogacy is done legally in other climes.Where women carry pegnancies for other women that are unable to do so.Why must everything be diabolic,shambolic & shrouded in secrecy in Naija.I tire oo
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by dowjones(m): 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2011
cold:

Why can't things ever be done properly in Naija?Surrogacy is done legally in other climes.Where women carry pegnancies for other women that are unable to do so.Why must everything be diabolic,shambolic & shrouded in secrecy in Naija.I tire oo

thats what i was about to say. since you already said it i simply quote the words of sauce kid the great "she don tey madt O !"  grin
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by sided: 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2011
The problem with we Nigerians is that we easily jump into conclusion without ascertaining the facts,Where are the Military and the NAPTIP that stormed the centre?.they are running around because the never had facts.They were charged to court and the are about to pay N500M damages.I come from Imo State and i know the woman quite well,i have seen people who went.There is nothing like child trafficking,Neither are girls paid to make babies.These are all lies.Lets verify our facts before posting.Some of our journalist are just out there for the Buzzz
Re: World Baby Factory Busted In Imo State by Basics007: 1:01am On Mar 08, 2011
``And she gives them a substance which makes a tumor grow inside them`` OMG!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man On Bail In Cocaine Smuggling Trial Re-Arrested For Heroin Ingestion / Two Killed In An Attack In Jol, Plateau Community / Debe Ojukwu Is A Pathological Liar & Thief! Ojukwu Is His Very Distant Relative!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.