Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees (7794 Views)

Breaking News! Aregbesola Slashes All Osun Workers Salaries / Jubilation In Osun As Aregbesola Is Declared Winner Today (Photos) / Heavy Security As Aregbesola & Osinbajo Appear Before Tribunal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by jonnex: 8:43am On Mar 09, 2011
I dont know why people forget so soon, imagine some people are comparing AGAGU administration with MIMIKO. Come to Ondo State u will know that God is really at work.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by smartdata(m): 10:09am On Mar 09, 2011
Kudos to the New Government. That is what is right. Do the right things at the right time and you will always excel. The party is set to rule for ever if they continue like this - Putting food on the table for the masses and making education accessible to the downtrodden.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by HamidO1(m): 11:41am On Mar 09, 2011
Trust Action Congress to deliver anyday, Vote Ribadu to replicate this at National level, Ribadu 2011, Fashola for Lagos state,
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by abbeyrious(m): 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2011
More kudos to Aregbe Govt because thousand Students has benefited for this, ACN action and good governance

Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Olumogun: 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2011
The legacy an average Westerner wants to give his children is education.
So, any Govt that will not be considerate in that area can never win the admiration of Oodua race.

Am not a politician neither do I believe in men praises, but may I say here that;
Kudos to the Governors of LAGOS STATE, ONDO STATE, EKITI STATE & OSUN STATE.
How good will it be if Ogun and Oyo State governors can impact the life of their citizens.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by atkinboy: 11:30am On Mar 10, 2011
To be Franck ACN are good leader. Enough gbosa!!!!!! for Mr. Aregbesola. Good people of Osun state.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by seunlayi(m): 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2011
Xtfield:

@ Ziccoit,

Funny enough, I was not born with a wooden spoon not to talk of a silver spoon. I come from a humble and poor background. I never enjoyed Bursary or scholarship. My parents paid all my fees when I was at school. My point is this. Is University education compulsory? What is the use of a university education that turns out half-baked graduates. I laugh when people talk of unemployed graduates. Truth is many of these so called graduates are simply unemployable. I know this because I have been privileged to interview many job seekers. You need to be on one of such panels to know what I am talking about. Now, I do not blame the poor fellows. I ask myself what facilities did they have to study with while in school? Did they have standard modern laboratories?

Ask the University Administrators and they will tell you government does not give them enough funds. It is therefore unavoidable for the Universities to charge fees. While one would not support an arbitrary hike in fees, I am of the opinion that tuition at the University level should not be free. It should not be too low. This is one reason why most undergraduates are never serious. They have nothing to lose.

In the UK and USA, University education is not free. Government only has a loan system in place. There, you borrow and pay back (interest inclusive). It was tried in Nigeria, it failed because when people took those loans, they simply disappeared with them.

I have children and in spite of my meagre salary, I never waited for government to train them for me. I paid for their education from primary to University level. But I knew some of my friends who were busy building houses all over the place while I was doing that. Most Nigerians are quick to claim they are poor, but the truth is they fail to order their priorities. If a man is man enough to bring children into this world, he should know that he has a primary responsibility to provide for them. Leaving one's responsibility to Government or other people is an irresponsible act that should not be encouraged.

Today, Osun students can jubilate, but Aregbesola or ACN cannot employ all of them when they graduate with substandard knowledge. The banks, oil companies, telecommunication outfits, even private schools will be waiting for them with their extra-tough no-nonsense entry point exams.

One thing I know is when they fail those exams, they will turn to politics and continue the cycle of deception.

Good education can never be free or cheap. It costs a lot of money to build schools, employ teachers, equip the schools etc.

I rest my case

he should have done the same to the state university to convince me
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by ashley86(f): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2011
@seunlayi, TNK U O!!!! d acn supporters seemed to convieniently ignore dat fact.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by juman(m): 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2011
ACN forever
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by oduz: 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2011
At the Osun Education Summit in February 2011, chaired by Prof Wole Soyinka, Aregbe lamented about the critical situation of Osun State Univ. & promised to look at these key issues

High School Fees
He said no civil servant, living on his legitimate salary can afford to send their children to this univ
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by oduz: 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2011
At the Osun Education Summit in February 2011, chaired by Prof Wole Soyinka, Aregbe lamented about the critical situation of Osun State Univ. & promised to look at these key issues

High School Fees
He said no civil servant, living on his legitimate salary can afford to send their children to this university
He said deductions are made by previous admin from Local Govt Councils to fund the School, whereas some of the the LGs do not have students there
He promised that the issue will be radically looked into
He asserted that multi-CAMPUS system may contribute in part to ineffective management of resources

As we speak it is obvious that the man is concerned about these things , but some challenges are more serious than others I am sure AREGBE is believable & will respond sooner than later.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by Kayman3(m): 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2011
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/18770-lautech-students-on-rampage-over-tuition-fees-student-leader-suspended

The management of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso, on Thursday, shut down the institution, following students’ protest over hike in tuition fees.

The Nigerian Tribune learnt that academic and non-academic activities were, on Thursday, also paralysed following the students’ protest over the recent increase in tuition fees.

The protest, it was gathered, had led to the indefinite suspension of the president of the Students’ Union Government, Mr Adeniyi Idowu, also known as ID Aluta, following his roles in the protest, which forced the management of the institution to declare a one-week mid-semester break for the students.

It was further gathered that the students of the institution went on rampage in continuation of their agitation for a cut in the recently hiked school fees.

“The school fees were increased from N60, 000 to about N100, 000,” some of the aggrieved students spoken to alleged.

In a release by the institution’s acting registrar, Mr Niyi Fehintola, on Thursday, it was said that, “the authorities of the LAUTECH have declared a one week mid-semester break with immediate effect.

“Similarly, Mr Adeniji Idowu, popularly called ID Aluta, of the Department of Civil Engineering had been suspended indefinitely from the university for the role he played during the recent disturbance of the peace within Ogomoso community.”

Leave Aregbe alone,
Tell [size=8pt]AKALA[/size] to get out
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by CrazyMan(m): 2:04am On Mar 12, 2011
@Topic.

I feel it's a welcome development made by the state governor; and the state would forever be greatful to him.
Re: Osun Students Jubilate As Aregbesola Slashes Fees by oladipodr(m): 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2011
Thanks to ogbeni aregbesola. Pls will need your help. Our school fees need to be reduce also. I mean uniosun.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Insists On Adebutu As Ogun Gov Candidate, Asks INEC To Obey Court Order- / Reports From SURULERE About Abducting Protesters / Sit-at-home: Business Owners Lament Lack Of Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.