Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Sanwo-Olu Explains The Judicial Panel Of Inquiry - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Explains The Judicial Panel Of Inquiry (18544 Views)

Army Reacts To The Murder Of Monday Orube, Sets Up Board Of Inquiry / Lagos Judicial Panel Of Inquiry Visits Lekki Toll Gate, Discovers Bullet Shells / EndSARS: Governor Wike Sets Up Judicial Panel Of Inquiry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Explains The Judicial Panel Of Inquiry by wirinet(m): 6:39am On Oct 19, 2020
Where did the Governor get the powers as listed below?

* The Judicial Panel is also to determine the officers (or anyone for that matter) responsible for abusing any victim and to recommend the prosecution of such persons.

* The Panel shall also have powers to make recommendations to Government on how to ensure that the Police and all security agencies never abuse the rights of citizens again.

* The Panel has the powers to compel and summon witnesses to appear before it. The State Government expects the Panel to use these powers to ensure that all necessary parties appear before the Panel to testify.

State governments have no direct powers over the police or Police officer. He has to pass through the IG.

I have always said it's an aberration to expect Federal Police under the control of the Federal Government to enforce state laws.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Explains The Judicial Panel Of Inquiry by esomchi98820: 7:01am On Oct 19, 2020
Very smart governor, unlike ambode.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Explains The Judicial Panel Of Inquiry by TheRealestGuy(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2020
Franzinni:
when I say Lagos is a country of its own them go dey yimu...you see am, proactive decisions with the citizens interest first, this is how to curtail excesses when it comes to the power crazy armed robbers/ serial killers we have as security agents

the panel should be swift and decisive, any officer found guilty should be prosecuted and send to prison and they should tatoo dismissed SARS on his fore head so inmates will know what to do with him or her in prison .

and they should start wearing bodycam that will help stop the madness because every report that comes in will have a video feed to back the story ...no more dem say dem say.

see to advance is not hard but the powers that be won't let that happen in Nigeria because they have to keep the status quo.

They can only recommend the officers for prosecution but don't have the powers themselves to prosecute them.

Sanwo is doing what the useless president we have is supposed to have done a week ago.

Are we sure Buhari is sane? Even alive?

Cos I don't know how difficult it is to give executive orders for killer officers to be immediately arrested and prosecuted. Evidences abound of these officers actions.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Explains The Judicial Panel Of Inquiry by addicted268(f): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2020
I'm impressed. I hope they follow through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA / Transparency International Rating: Buhari Government Blames Obasanjo, Ezekwesili / Military: We are Not Planning To Overthrow Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.