Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,171 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA (18546 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / Mosque Used By Boko Haram In Kogi Destroyed (Photos) / Atiku Meets With Oyegun Over 2019 Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Dotng: 4:22am On Jul 14, 2015
GEJ's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA

Jamiu Ademola,

The Secretary General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, has said that the ex-president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s led administration bastardized almost everything, including the Sacred and our traditional institutions in his desperation to seek a second term in office.

The former Vice chancellor of the University of Ilorin, who said this while speaking various national issues, advised President Muhammadu Buhari not to end up like his predecessor.

When asked about his feelings on the involvement of some religious leaders and religious bodies in the murky water of partisan politicking during the last general elections, he said: “I don’t know what the definition of religious leaders is. But by whatever definition, I don’t consider myself a religious leader. I just consider myself as one of the operators of the system.

“I believe that it’s not just religion. I believe that the last administration bastardized almost everything, including the Sacred and our traditional institutions. If we face the reality, you’ll know that they are not in the perception of the public. They are no longer what they used to be. Even politicians, nobody takes any politician seriously now. Even the so-called religious leaders could not have been an exception.

“I believe that what happened was a bastardization of the system. It will take a person with a strong character to keep himself or herself out of the madness. As for me, I saw it as people being short-sighted. The whole thing will go as it has gone in one way or the other. But we should learn some lessons. The community, particularly are our Christian brothers who are unduly dragged unnecessarily for very selfish and personal reasons.

“There were some credible leaders like Cardinal John Onaiyekan and Bishop Josiah Atkins Idowu-Fearon and others who took principled positions. But there were some others who were not hesitant in dragging religion into the dirty waters of politics. Of course, we heard rumors about our people too. But as Muslims, the leadership of the Nigerian Supreme Council made it clear in unmistakable terms that we should not be dragged into politics.

He warned that nobody should allow material attraction to drag the name of Islam into the mud through selfish interests.

“By and large, we have rumors of few and insignificant people, who allowed themselves to be used. Of course, they were not given the real money. They were given just pittance and they eventually regretted what they did. They discovered that they were just being used for reasons that were not of national interest. So, I believe that we should learn a lesson from what has happened.

“I hope this new government will be different. You have to put so many question marks on people these days. But I hope that they will be different in terms of making things to work properly. This will happen when they do not exploit people for selfish and personal reasons and destroy national institutions. Only God helped us with the last administration.

“There was nothing sacred that was not touched; Christians against Muslims, Hausa against Beron, Beron against Igbo, Igbo against everything. They were just looking for anything that will pull the country down. I didn’t know why they had to do that. But we thank God that at the end of the day, it didn’t pay. That should be a lesson for anybody who wants to tamper negatively with the interest of this nation,” he said.

Meanwhile Governor of Nasarawa state, Umaru Al-Makura, has come to the defense of Goodluck Jonathan as he accused the former Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, of having set former President Goodluck Jonathan against the Northerners when he was in office.

Al-Makura claimed that Maku’s hostile tendencies along with ethnic and religious lines helped fuel the crises in the state.
http://www.naij.com/487555-gejs-ambition-destroyed-traditional-institutions-nscia.html

6 Likes

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by HungerBAD: 4:32am On Jul 14, 2015
The Clueless one destroyed everything that came his way, and the one he did not destroy, his wife and his foot Soldiers destroyed.

If not our Votes, he would have destroyed Nigeria too.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by lawsarma: 4:34am On Jul 14, 2015
abeg wait make i comment
Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:41am On Jul 14, 2015
The man spoil many tinz gaan

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by vedaxcool(m): 5:04am On Jul 14, 2015
The story of Jonathan and Nigeria is like that of an evil suitor who fooled the bride only to be gently killing her for her life insurance.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 14, 2015
I kind of agree with u sir.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by free2ryhme: 6:33am On Jul 14, 2015
grin
Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Blackchampion(m): 6:33am On Jul 14, 2015
Cheap Propaganda

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by free2ryhme: 6:33am On Jul 14, 2015
Jonathan the destroyer

grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Burger01(m): 6:33am On Jul 14, 2015
In other words, Jonathan is a destroyersad

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by PassingShot(m): 6:34am On Jul 14, 2015
Nigeria has never been this divided along the fault lines of religion and tribe. Jonathan, in his desperation to cling on to power by all means necessary played the ethnic and religion cards the ways never seen before in the history of Nigeria.

Unfortunately for him and his fellow bigots; and fortunately for Nigeria, he got served very badly hence he lost the election.

To put things in perspective, MKO Abiola cleared elections in the North against a Bashir Tofa. OBJ won massively in the same north against GMB even though he was "rejected" in his own SW then. But as soon as Nigerians saw through Jona's clandestine motives, the people he played the religion and ethnic cards with served him the hot dish.

Let's hope the SS/SE people have learnt a lesson with GEJ's miscalculation.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Franknigga(m): 6:34am On Jul 14, 2015
My position is what
Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by oduastates: 6:34am On Jul 14, 2015
Indisputable.
However oloyede is not saying the whole truth. Many of them were corrupted by Jonathan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Eddy2cute(m): 6:34am On Jul 14, 2015
Space booked
Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Franknigga(m): 6:36am On Jul 14, 2015
My position is what embarassed
Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by adconline(m): 6:36am On Jul 14, 2015
Folks that should be worried that Boko Haram has killed 100s of Muslims in the name of religion.

7 Likes

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Olamitisoji(m): 6:37am On Jul 14, 2015
Jonathan was not the first person to do this, and he won't be the last, every politician in the world in one way or the other drag religious leaders into there game. What i see in this Oloyede speech id hate towards christians, he specifically pick pointed them out and used name of some self proclaimed one to cover his hatred for christianity (Prophet Josiah, and the Cardinal). If there is any religion that had ever dragged itself into mud truth be told it's our brother's religion up north and those of the middle east continent. Even Gumi Nigeria's most truthful Islam Scholar has testified to it. So Mr. Oloyede shut your trash can and stop seeking attention.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Oildichotomy(m): 6:37am On Jul 14, 2015
He should just tell us clearly that they the muslims were not too comfortable with christians running things in government and they resort to pull-him down antics.

WTF does he mean by "Igbos against everything".

That is a divisive and a foolish-laden statement.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by LMAyedun(m): 6:38am On Jul 14, 2015
adconline:
Folks that should be worried that Boko Haram has killed 100s of Muslims in the name of religion.
Don't mind them...

5 Likes

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 14, 2015
Dotng:

http://www.naij.com/487555-gejs-ambition-destroyed-traditional-institutions-nscia.html

AND STILL..... THE UNDEFEATED CHAMPION.... " AYO ORITSEJAFOR" REMAINS CAN PRESIDENT.

2 Likes

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Beehshorp(m): 6:39am On Jul 14, 2015
U guys won't leave dis man alone aren't u all tired of calling him up and down.. The only mistake gej made was not wiping out every soul in borno ...
Better quit dis govt for the camera and paparazzi and deal with una soldiers

I S L A M A B A D

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Nobody: 6:39am On Jul 14, 2015
Nonsense syllabus coming from a NORTHERNERN..instead of begging GEJ to teach the Daura President how to drive Boko Haram that is killing them even in their places of worship he's busy talking trash..they have everything yet they keep wailing.....

12 Likes

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by fabre4: 6:39am On Jul 14, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by philfrey08: 6:39am On Jul 14, 2015
[b][/b]i dont consider myself a religious leader

Who f**king cares?
Jonathan is a destroyer, so?.... what shd i do abou it?
To you his an infidel..... sharrrap and fast for Nigeria's progess

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by fulanimafia: 6:40am On Jul 14, 2015
Jonathan was an unmitigated disaster who thought he could bribe his way through 2015, thereby rubbishing every institution he laid his sticky fingers on.

Good riddance to Jonarubbish.

8 Likes

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 6:41am On Jul 14, 2015
You know a bigot when he speaks.

If you like GEJ, it would've been called respect for traditional institutions but because he is an infidel, your displeasure is still fresh and green even when he has peacefully gone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by lincolnj88: 6:41am On Jul 14, 2015
grin Yoruba islamic clerics and foolishness is meaning d same thing

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Dahveydson(m): 6:42am On Jul 14, 2015
Can GEJ be left alone?

He's no longer the president. Y'all should let the man rest abeg

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 14, 2015
Jona is gone yet his name resonates in the ears of every Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by realtestament(m): 6:45am On Jul 14, 2015
Bad belle is allowed...
GEJ is legend.

I S L A M A B A D

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by BillDesmond2much(m): 6:45am On Jul 14, 2015
Rubbish, imagine, "Christian against the Muslims and Igbos against everything" this man is an idiot, it's his kind that causes problems in Nigeria. It's always been Muslims(boko haram) against the Christians all over the world even in the movies.
Hw dare u compare GEJ a great patriot to a man who the result of this treat in 2011 we're facing in terrorism today, a man who terrorists calls his name before blowing up.
Nigeria will be fine without what you represent and those you represent. Pastors supported their own(GEJ) while Imams and Muslims supported their own(boko haram)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gej's Ambition Destroyed Traditional Institutions - NSCIA by bongila(f): 6:46am On Jul 14, 2015
Still feeling pained Such a man GEJ. They have started seeing him in their dreams

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military: We are Not Planning To Overthrow Buhari / Sanwo-Olu Explains The Judicial Panel Of Inquiry / 3 Soldiers Injured In Yobe Suicide Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.