Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,735 members, 7,851,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone (3571 Views)

The Southwest Is The Economic Superpower Of Nigeria - Reno Omokri / The Most Politically Powerful Man In Igboland. Picture. / Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by ThatFairGuy1: 5:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
Blackking98:

After this enlightenment, mention any SW state except Lagos that is better than Rivers or Akwa ibom or delta, osun and ekiti don't even have necessary infrastructure like airport etc, as for NE and NC I won't even answer u.
You Forgot to Tell us if Osun, Ekiti, Oyo, Lagos, Ogun & Ondo gets what Rivers and akwa ibom gets monthly as allocation from FEC as well

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Iamgrey5(m): 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

You Forgot to Tell us if Osun, Ekiti, Oyo, Lagos, Ogun & Ondo gets what Rivers and akwa ibom gets monthly as allocation from FEC as well
Ogun state is better than Akwa ibom in terms of opportunity for citizens.
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by BENARI: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
Dansuqi:
Facts and figures from 1999 clearly reveals that the south westerners are the most electorally enlightened nigerians.in 2003,five sitting governors lost their elections.in total,incumbents have lost their reelection bids 9 times.apart from 2003 and 2007,they have never given any party in presidential polls up to 70% of the votes.there is no state in the southwest where a different party from the ruling party does not have any legislative seat including lagos.
In the south east,an incumbent lost an election just once in 2011.the average vote for presidential election is 90%.
In the ss,no incumbent has ever lost presidential election.the average vote for pdp is 90%.a state in the ss rivers gave pdp 2 million votes in 2003,the highest ever.
In the northwest,incumbent governors have lost election three times,once in zamfara,one in kano and one in kaduna.the average vote for presidential poll is 80%.
In the north central,incumbent governors have lost elections on three occasions and just like the west,they dont give up to 70% in presidential polls.
In the north east,incumbents have lost elections 4 times and presidential vote percentage is less than 80%.

From the above,it is clear that the south west is the most politically enlightened and sophisticated followed by the northeast and central while the south east/south south arw the worst in terms of this rankings.

Mynd44
Helinues
Kyase
Kahal
Miracle
Jrusky
Oghenaogie
Majamatic
Slap
Amaniro
Ojiofor

Even though I didn't bother reading your rant, the question I want to ask you is, then so what?

Why do you little brains see in everything an opportunity to brag and put others down? What's the aim? Please grow up.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Iamgrey5(m): 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
Gandollaar:
After Lagos, no SW state is better than Imo, Anambra, Abia and Enugu. I have lived extensively in both worlds and can categorically tell.
Ogun state is better than all those states you mentioned.

Oyo is better than Imo and Abia and probably only comparable to Enugu.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by ThatFairGuy1: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
Gandollaar:
After Lagos, no SW state is better than Imo, Anambra, Abia and Enugu. I have lived extensively in both worlds and can categorically tell.
Eleponkan, tell us where you've lived in those States
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by apex0038(m): 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
Gandollaar:
. Tell me what is in IMO from Okigwe to Obowo to Owerri to Orlu to Idiatto North and South. Then in Enugu from Obolo a for to Nnsuka to Igbo Etiti to UDI to Nkannu,Enugu that by 7pm in the night you don't see light and people again. Is it Abia that is no roads and infrastructure one lane divided into two in Umuahia,is Umuahia to Arochukwu,to Abia of shilt and getto capital to Isiala ngwa even eating human beings at 21 century's. Anambra

4 Likes

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by loveth360(f): 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
bigpriik:
Enjoy the change you voted for yorucowards..
grin grin
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Blackking98(m): 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Yes, Lagos was the former capital is always among top 5 in FAAC.
You're the ones beating your chest of political sophistication and that doesn't translate to anything tangible.
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by ThatFairGuy1: 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:

I actually want to clarify monthly allocation, that's why I even mentioned Lagos with those States

Only Uyo is fairly developed in Akwa ibom, the rest are villages

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Iamgrey5(m): 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

I actually want to clarify monthly allocation, that's why I even mentioned Lagos with those States

Only Uyo is fairly developed in Akwa ibom, the rest are villages
Akwa ibom have good infrastructures but it seems it cannot find a way to be more productive yet.
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by ThatFairGuy1: 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
Blackking98:

Yes, Lagos was the former capital is always among top 5 in FAAC.
You're the ones beating your chest of political sophistication and that doesn't translate to anything tangible.
We're democratic in nature, you're not. Check the picture below. It speaks volume.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by ThatFairGuy1: 5:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:

In terms of opportunity for citizens, all Southwest states comes before SS and SE States. We always develop human capital. Stats are there for evidence

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by LukasPodolski: 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
Blackking98:

Rest. Is ondo better than Akwa Ibom?
Or Oyo better than Delta?
I no even one mention ekiti or osun cus those ones would be local government area's if they were in the SS
firstly I don't know the parameters you're using to measure development, if it's by having "Airport" (as you claimed earlier) then I would say YOUR BRAIN IS DEAD.

There is no way Bayelsa is better than Ekiti (having an Airport is nothing) Ekiti doesn't need an Airport, Ado-Ekiti to Akure is just 45minites.

Akwa ibom is not better than Ondo, Likewise Osun (with cities and towns like Osogbo, Ile-ife, Ilesha).

you don't just build an Airport for building sake, what is important is the significance of Airport in the area, does a state like Bayelsa needs an Airport? No. that's the point.

Bayelsa is a dead state, despite the allocation...

how about you educate people in Akwa ibom and Cross river? I learnt that the Rural areas in those two states are living in the 18th century.

like people living without clothes in Akwa ibom and Cross Rivers, people still living in huts, Jungle justice, killing of KIDS because of one witchcraft..

Nonetheless, Ekiti is currently building an airport, though I think it's needless, Ekiti doesn't need an airport considering it's closeness to Akure.. You don't just build an Airport for building sake..
the one in Osogbo is on hold.

Osun alone has up to 11 universities, that's more than Rivers, Bayelsa and Cross river combined.

There is no axis in the whole of the 6 geopolitical zone as developed as the Lagos-Ogun-Oyo axis, give me three Worthy states in your SS that's more desirable than these three.

Rivers-Delta-Akwaibom vs Lagos-Ogun-Oyo are you ready to argue this out? are you ready? I would even accept your very own development parameters.

6 Likes

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by apex0038(m): 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
Gandollaar:
. Tell me what is in IMO from Okigwe to Obowo to Owerri to Orlu to Idiatto North and South. Then in Enugu from Obolo a for to Nnsuka to Igbo Etiti to UDI to Nkannu,Enugu that by 7pm in the night you don't see light and people again. Is it Abia that is no roads and infrastructure one lane divided into two in Umuahia,is Umuahia to Arochukwu,to Abia of shilt and getto capital to Isiala ngwa even eating human beings at 21 century's. Anambra where Onisha can not be called city. In each of Eastern state how town can be called city. As people run away has affirmed the claim.

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Blackking98(m): 5:37pm On Oct 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

We're democratic in nature, you're not. Check the picture below. It speaks volume.
Why are you shifting goal post grin
The same PDP that made obj president even you his brothers were the number one people against him are now wicked? grin
Speaker of the house was meant to be from the SW but your brown teeth king and his minion's colluded with Northern opposition and elected tambuwal speaker but ur blaming PDP?
The topic is about your so called sophisticated politics and you're bringing up this rubbish as if it's only 2011-2015 that has existed, you're a sorry excuse for a south Westerner
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Rugaria: 5:37pm On Oct 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Emboldened.
Anytime I see this arrogant statement, I get mad. Are you people mad? who are you to counsel and tell us who and who not to vote? Very arrogant lots

Arrogant much? And somehow you don't think that stubbornly insisting on making Mr Failure the president of all is for two consecutive terms is in itself a nuclear form of arrogance? Who are you to insist that Buhari must be elected president even when he had proven to be a monumental disaster? If you want to make an ewe goat a president, why don't you carve out your Afonjaistan, where you can go into all sorts of covens to make every witches and wizards your political leaders? You made him a president yesterday, you are protesting against him today, you will hail yourself as Mr Sophisticated tomorrow!? Is your head paining you?
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by History555: 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

So why is your name zara onyinye or you are ashamed to bear a yoruba name
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
Gandollaar:
Of everyone in APC in 2015, buhari was what your sophistication produced.
cool cool

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Blackking98(m): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2020
LukasPodolski:

firstly I don't know the parameters you're using to measure development, if it's by having "Airport" (as you claimed earlier) then I would say YOUR BRAIN IS DEAD.

There is no way Bayelsa is better than Ekiti (having an Airport is nothing) Ekiti doesn't need an Airport, Ado-Ekiti to Akure is just 45minites.

Akwa ibom is not better than Ondo, Likewise Osun (with cities and towns like Osogbo, Ile-ife, Ilesha).

you don't just build an Airport for building sake, what is important is the significance of Airport in the area, does a state like Bayelsa needs an Airport? No. that's the point.

Bayelsa is a dead state, despite the allocation...

how about you educate people in Akwa ibom and Cross river? I learnt that the Rural areas in those two states are living in the 18th century.

like people living without clothes in Akwa ibom and Cross Rivers, people still living in huts, Jungle justice, killing of KIDS because of one witchcraft..

Nonetheless, Ekiti is currently building an airport, though I think it's needless, Ekiti doesn't need an airport considering it's closeness to Akure.. You don't just build an Airport for building sake..
the one in Osogbo is on hold.

Osun alone has up to 11 universities, that's more than Rivers, Bayelsa and Cross river combined.

There is no axis in the whole of the 6 geopolitical zone as developed as the Lagos-Ogun-Oyo axis, give me three Worthy states in your SS that's more desirable than these three.

Rivers-Delta-Akwaibom vs Lagos-Ogun-Oyo are you ready to argue this out? are you ready? I would even accept your very own development parameters.
See this clown grin
Please post pictures of these osogbo,illesha and Ife and I'll drop pictures of uyo, eket and ikot ekpene let nairalanders judge on which state is better, if u win I'll apologize to you grin.

Nonetheless we were made to believe that Yorubas were educationist but it shocks me to know that there are local governments in ekiti and osun where they can't even speak pidgin English grin
11 universities in osun, please name them, even Satan will be afraid of u and this lies grin

Everybody has seen through your dirty Media propaganda making the SW look like heaven when it's just average. If the SW was entirely very desirable why has tinubu ran away from osun to Lagos? grin
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Kyase(m): 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

What then is sophistication
They are not doing that on purpose
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Prompto: 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2020
Yet your unborn generation are already booking bus ticket to escape to those states from your shithole of Alaigbo. Bro arguing with u is like arguing with a lunatic, let the world simply watch as your deride your pathetic soul in your foolishness.

Gandollaar:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by LukasPodolski: 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
Blackking98:

See this clown grin
Please post pictures of these osogbo,illesha and Ife and I'll drop pictures of uyo, eket and ikot ekpene let nairalanders judge on which state is better, if u win I'll apologize to you grin.

Nonetheless we were made to believe that Yorubas were educationist but it shocks me to know that there are local governments in ekiti and osun where they can't even speak pidgin English grin
11 universities in osun, please name them, even Satan will be afraid of u and this lies grin

Everybody has seen through your dirty Media propaganda making the SW look like heaven when it's just average. If the SW was entirely very desirable why has tinubu ran away from osun to Lagos? grin
Apart from the white elephant projects in Uyo like the stadium, the 22story skyscraper there is nothing obtainable in Uyo that isn't in Osogbo man.

the only thing you guys can show apart from ones I listed above is Roads in Uyo which are not better than the ones aregbesola built in Osogbo.

Ekiti in education is doing better than States like Cross river, Akwa ibom, Bayelsa and Rivers, maybe Delta and Edo are close or equal.
Akwa ibom your state is known to produce illiterates whose ambition in life is to come to cities to do House girls and Gate man, this is a known fact? I didn't even mention that an average Akwa Ibom girl prefers Ashawo work to education, ask Dem Ekaete, iniobong, it's a known fact, isn't that worse than few people you could not express themselves in English ?

and saying that Osun has more universities than Bayelsa, Rivers and Cross river state combined isn't far from the truth, perhaps I made a mistake here, though the mistake is negligible, Osun only need 1 to equal the 3 states combined (my had)
https://www.4icu.org/ng/osun/
https://www.4icu.org/ng/bayelsa/
https://www.4icu.org/ng/cross-river/a-z/

https://www.4icu.org/ng/rivers/

the reason why Tinubu ran to Lagos is because he was probably born there and Yorubas are one, There is nothing like an Akwa ibom judge couldn't get the position of Cross river chief judge position.

Tower of Babel, hahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Blackking98(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Apart from the white elephant projects in Uyo like the stadium, the 22story skyscraper there is nothing obtainable in Uyo that isn't in Osogbo man.

the only thing you guys can show apart from ones I listed above is Roads in Uyo which are not better than the ones aregbesola built in Osogbo.

Ekiti in education is doing better than States like Cross river, Akwa ibom, Bayelsa and Rivers, maybe Delta and Edo are close or equal.
Akwa ibom your state is known to produce illiterates whose ambition in life is to come to cities to do House girls and Gate man, this is a known fact? I didn't even mention that an average Akwa Ibom girl prefers Ashawo work to education, ask Dem Ekaete, iniobong, it's a known fact, isn't that worse than few people you could not express themselves in English ?

and saying that Osun has more universities than Bayelsa, Rivers and Cross river state combined isn't far from the truth, perhaps I made a mistake here, though the mistake is negligible, Osun only need 1 to equal the 3 states combined (my had)
https://www.4icu.org/ng/osun/
https://www.4icu.org/ng/bayelsa/
https://www.4icu.org/ng/cross-river/a-z/

https://www.4icu.org/ng/rivers/

the reason why Tinubu ran to Lagos is because he was probably born there and Yorubas are one, There is nothing like an Akwa ibom judge couldn't get the position of Cross river chief judge position.

Tower of Babel, hahahaha.
You're talking plenty.
Post pictures of oshogbo or illesha or Ile Ife let's see and stop typing plenty.

Your useless stereotype can't even work,try something else because if I call u and your folks professional skull miner's you'll start crying like a baby and calling mods grin
And what's the point of having useless Schools when majority of osun people can't even speak Pidgin English grin
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Dansuqi: 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
Kyase:

They are not doing that on purpose

So the yorubas are doing it on purpose?
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Dansuqi: 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2020
BENARI:

Even though I didn't bother reading your rant, the question I want to ask you is, then so what?

Why do you little brains see in everything an opportunity to brag and put others down? What's the aim? Please grow up.

You need to grow up more my son
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by LukasPodolski: 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
Blackking98:

You're talking plenty.
Post pictures of oshogbo or illesha or Ile Ife let's see and stop typing plenty.

Your useless stereotype can't even work,try something else because if I call u and your folks professional skull miner's you'll start crying like a baby and calling mods grin
And what's the point of having useless Schools when majority of osun people can't even speak Pidgin English grin
Universities in Ogun state is more than Rivers, Akwa ibom, Cross River and Bayelsa state combined, am not talking about 2 building universities ooh, am taking about standard universities (Nigeria/Africa) standard.

And talking about Posting pictures of Osogbo, and co, you can go online and search for them, I don't have them and even if I have it, posting em isn't necessary.

For every 1 Person in Ekiti and Osun that couldn't speak Pidgin then there is 5 in Akwa ibom, cross Rivers and Bayelsa.
Albeit I think inability to express oneself in English or Pidgin isn't an issue, after all English is not our mother tongue.

Here is what your fellow SS said about Cross Rivers and Akwa ibom ? Lmao
https://www.nairaland.com/uchasa

Cc
Uchasa

11 Likes 22 Shares

Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by LukasPodolski: 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
Blackking98:

You're talking plenty.

It's a known fact that an average Akwa ibom/Cross river girl would prefer Being an Ashawo, House girl e.t.c to going to school.

Even in Nollywood, your girls are being used as House girls, Men as gate man.

This is a known fact not a stereotype.
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Kyase(m): 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

So the yorubas are doing it on purpose?

I mean the south west aren't doing it on purpose.

They are just not speaking with one voice
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Gandollaar(f): 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Eleponkan, tell us where you've lived in those States
Lol.. Alapatinrin!
Do you even know the Abule you come from? You are a lagosian dazzol grin
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Gandollaar(f): 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Ogun state is better than all those states you mentioned.

Oyo is better than Imo and Abia and probably only comparable to Enugu.
Says he whose grey matter needs refurbishing.
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Iamgrey5(m): 6:38pm On Oct 20, 2020
Gandollaar:
Says he whose grey matter needs refurbishing.
Weak come back line

Those things I stated are facts
Re: The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone by Gandollaar(f): 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
LukasPodolski:

even Lagos is way behind Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia.

Oh yes technically.

Life expectancy in Imo Anambra Abia and Enugu are higher than in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Poor Boy Don Drink Rubbish (pics) / Ngeneukwenu Donates 1million Naira To Asiwaju Tinubu's Campaign. (Picture) / Imagine Having These Beautiful People Representing Your Country In United Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.