Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,011 members, 7,863,669 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:00 PM

EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters (50849 Views)

Were #EndSARS Protesters Not Killed At Lekki Tollgate As MC Oluomo Claimed? / EndSARS: Gunshots In Jos As Police And Protesters Clash / #endsars: Sporadic Shootings In Abuja As Soldiers Disperse Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by freshMallam1122: 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
michoim:
Great work from NA. Say no to Anarchy from HELL.
all this abokinerians changing yr names to claim a southerner on this forum
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Franktom247(m): 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
So why then did the Ig deploy mopol and anti riot police men today if the army would be called out too PMB you have probably bitten more than you can chew hope u can vomit this one
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Unclefemolala(m): 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2020
kwen1:

You just said my mind.
Fir.e burn All evil dowers.
Nonsense.
He will rather the country burn than for his business...well..just like a typical politician
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 20, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Good news

Army send them back home.

Same way bullets will kill ur mother and her dead body raped..
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Akalia(m): 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
piggyvestashawo:
Take note

Army sent by FG/Tinubu/Sanwo Olu killed (are killing) many unarmed protesters in lekki toll gate, they did not allow ambulances to enter to treat the injured, they are parking the bodies in their van.

My prayers are with the Protesters at Lekki tollgate this night sad
while I choose to sympathise with the protesters because the very course they were committed to is also mine as well. I however condemn in the strongest of words the mannerism (grossly uncoordinated and poorly advised) in which some protests have being holding thereby undermining national security, law and order. Any protester that chooses to throw away his/her life at this volatile point in the history of our nation would die for nothing.
The government before now acceded to the demands of the protestors, I had expected a respite from the actors as they watch the government fulfil its promises; another wave of coordinated protests would be justifiable, however, if the government fails to keep its promises. It is only common sense to know when to start and when to stop in everything one does in life, do not overkill it.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Basher8583: 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
mikeget804:
The truth is that, the govt. Doesn't know what they're doing. No govt. Is bigger than her citizen. There is a parable that states that" okro no dey big pass the owner" it is d citizen that owns the govt.

My one cent

#Endbadgovernment#
#powertothepeople#

Sorry to break the bubble but you as a citizen don't count. Even your vote doesn't count. The decision is made at the high level. That's how it's done every where even in USA. Ever heard of electoral college?
Your vote doesn't count. You decision doesn't count. That's just the sad truth
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
azmanaty2:

Same way bullets will kill ur mother and her dead body raped..

ok sir, thank you for the news sir grin grin
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by HeadShot: 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
mustafaa:
We lost the goodwill of this Endsars movement the moment we couldn't resist the urge to want it all at once.

I mean...SARS gave us the opportunity to reform the Nigerian police and end SARS. Why can't we just celebrate the wins, go home and wait for other opportunities?

The reviewing of 2021 budget is ongoing. And the best time to protest for reduction in the cost of governance would've been when approved. These are the opportunities we should have been looking out for. I mean... raw opportunities. But we just blow them away. We want to kill many birds with one stone.

Showing overwhelming influence; roasting cows, drinking and partying on the roads while innocent citizens suffer. Haba!

We gave the government the reason to infiltrate hoodlums into the peaceful protest and now they have enough reason to fight back.

God heal us.

You got it
I traveled from Enugu to Lagos and it took me two days.... I saw hell from touts and hoodlums who have hijacked the protests...
Edo youths are touts... Believe me

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

ok sir, thank you for the news sir grin grin

Nice. Let the countdown begin. Cheers to that
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by OriOko88(m): 10:49pm On Oct 20, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
go inside your house and stop being stupid you fool
You're d fool here. Eleriibu
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by VibetoneArtBlog(f): 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
You used live bullets to disperse protesters,damn this govt is wicked
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 20, 2020
azmanaty2:

Nice. Let the countdown begin. Cheers to that

ok sir grin
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by IvarDboneless: 10:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
emalek86:
Soldiers shot peaceful protesters. Nor dey fear to talk am. You think say government go Wan close your forum. Naira land is being too biased in this #EndSARS stuff
f#ck nairaland, if you are readin dis remember say nairaland never supported dis struggle i spit on Nairaland
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by OriOko88(m): 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
idiot. the truth is you're hiding behind a keypad to protest you this opportunistic criminal.
Go outside and be wasted you shameless soul
Aye e de ma baje ni, you this effing scumbag. Oloriburuku
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by omoharry(f): 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
silentEXPLOSION:
The government attacking unarmed protesters *curfew or not* is absolutely wrong. Remember Power is transient.

Switching off street lights and removing CCTV cameras at Lekki Toll gate to shoot and murder the same citizens you swore to protect.
This is the height of it.

Look at the speed they imposed and implemented a curfew but give us good governance, they would start setting up committee and panel.
Y'all just shot yourself in the foot by attacking unarmed Nigerian youths.

Even the devil would be in awe by this wicked display of power.
The same toll gate that generate trillions of Naira annually. At the same spot, you kill the same people that fund your irresponsible and greedy lifestyle.

It's so wrong. Una no dey pay tax, Una no dey pay hospital bill, na we dey buy motor for una, give Una house, we go still buy fuel for Una, pay for domestic staff, buy clothe for una...still con buy newspaper for Una.

omo...I dey para
What happened to tear Gas and rubber bullet .. This is where they can flex their muscle but cannot handle rag tag Boko haram and bandit .. They shall meet thier Waterloo in Boko haram hand .. they shall no sir well.. Thier bodies will be thrown for the beast to eat ..There shall be no grave for them but only thier nonsense military funfare burial without a body .. They are nothing but monsters .. Fela called them Zombies and that is what they are .

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Kdon2: 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
Cutezt:
Reports coming in now states that there is heavy gunshot firing by the Nigerian Army in an effort to disperse the resilient protesters who had defied the Curfew imposed by the state by the state Governor, Sanwo-Olu. Here are videos from the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq2vkRoVFDM

You mean massacre! It shall not be well with every generation of individuals that joined southern Nigeria to the northern Nigeria! Amen
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by OriOko88(m): 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
Basher8583:

To die is not too difficult. Just defy curfew and give the soldiers a middle finger
Apc miscreant, fcck you. aye e ma baje ni
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by OgaTheTop2: 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
silentEXPLOSION:
The government attacking unarmed protesters *curfew or not* is absolutely wrong. Remember Power is transient.

Switching off street lights and removing CCTV cameras at Lekki Toll gate to shoot and murder the same citizens you swore to protect.
This is the height of it.

Look at the speed they imposed and implemented a curfew but give us good governance, they would start setting up committee and panel.
Y'all just shot yourself in the foot by attacking unarmed Nigerian youths.

Even the devil would be in awe by this wicked display of power.
The same toll gate that generate trillions of Naira annually. At the same spot, you kill the same people that fund your irresponsible and greedy lifestyle.

It's so wrong. Una no dey pay tax, Una no dey pay hospital bill, na we dey buy motor for una, give Una house, we go still buy fuel for Una, pay for domestic staff, buy clothe for una...still con buy newspaper for Una.

omo...I dey para
I weep for my country. The suffering is way too much cry Buhari is curse to Nigeria..He is a bastaeerd.. and may He and his family never know peace for killing unarmed protesters.... We need to get our beloved country back from those heartless bastaerds in power cry angry
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Basher8583: 11:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
OriOko88:

Apc miscreant, fcck you. aye e ma baje ni

This is not a political matter. So don't make it.
You are one of the mumus that derailed this protest with your hidden agenda.
Hope you are happy now.

Like I earlier said. You are free to defy the curfew since you have the balls
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by leaculpa: 11:08pm On Oct 20, 2020
Theyve burnt lekki tollgate o! Protesters are pained. Even me in my house im so pained. USELESS COUNTRY!!!
If osinbajo and fashola dont resign from this administration on top this massacre, their names are forever DAMAGED in yorubaland.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
soldier, Army, police, etc, beware everywhere you go.

death is waiting for u every minute out here.

ur uniforms will not be respected since u refused to respect the national flag, death is everywhere waiting for you all.

you have stepped on the tail of cobra and you shall be bitten.

nowhere is safe for you all, NPF entirely and the Army/soldier forces.

this country go rather crumble.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
leaculpa:
Theyve burnt lekki tollgate o! Protesters are pained. Even me in my house im so pained. USELESS COUNTRY!!!
If osinbajo and fashola dont resign from this administration on top this massacre, their names are forever DAMAGED in yorubaland.

they will be killed before their names are damaged.

they are doomed and the damness if this effect shall spread across their families starting with their children, down to their wives and concubines and the remaining of their families.

the curse has been laid now.

let's wait and see.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
Today I lost the tiniest atom of respect left for the puppet called Sanwo Olu.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Abdogood(m): 11:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
This our Army can only flex power whenever they see civilians. But meek boko haram now dem go dey dodge.
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 11:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
This so so painful. How can a father with kids do this to youths?
How can a government do this to it's citizens?
This shows their promises were fake. They were never gonna end sars
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Asifiwe(m): 11:38pm On Oct 20, 2020
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Wizzarro(m): 11:49pm On Oct 20, 2020
This government has gone too far, whoever ordered those army men to kill protesters in this nature lacks humanity, and should not be treated as one
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by rollandben(m): 12:03am On Oct 21, 2020
I was there, I witnessed it live, the way it happened made me understand that we have no government in Nigeria, the government here derives joy in spilling citizen blood to retain their power, they love holding power forever, Tinubu, Sanwo olu and Buhari...they did their worse today. Today will never b forgotn in Nigeria history.

The protest all happened about 4pm, the protesters recite the 2nd standered of National Anthem, we all holding national flags, then the protest was going very peacefully,When it was like 7:15 - 7:20, Nigerian Army started mobilizing, the first thing they did was to the street light, then they took off CCTV Camera, the protesters were now in darkness!! that was when we knew nigeria armies were coming for us, then we started pitting on our Motor head light ,so as not to be in darkness, then these sets of army men were fully armed arrived, they started shooting at us but with all these we were all sitting on the floor calmly and chanting, next they open fire on us. I witness 8 dead!! ( may their soul rest in peace).

Tinubu, Buhari and his Servant Sanwo olu killed the people that voted them into power...!!
Hmm mm mm....Except if God is not alive, thats only when they and their children respectively wouldn't reap what they sowed today!!

THE PAINS AND THE AGONY YOU COST YOUTH AND THEIR FAMILIES TODAY WILL TOMENT YOU ALL TO YOUR LAST BREATH. AMIN

WE VOTED YOU INTO POWER FOR A BETTER CHANGE BUT SEE THE WAY YOU PAID US.
TINUBU WE SEE YOUR HAND..
SANWO OLU THANKS FOR ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE USED
BUHARI THINK OF YOUR LAST BREATH.

THANK YOU LAGOS

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Ohizman73(m): 12:16am On Oct 21, 2020
SalamRushdie:
Shame on Nairaland !!!! You call a massacre carried out by heavy duty DSHK machine guns " DISPERSE". Who disperses people with heavy duty machine guns? Propel are dispersed with tear gas and water cannons not heavy duty machine gun ..Please call it what it is , it's a MASSACRE !!!!!!

Nigerians are a reflection of the govt.It is only brutal and naked force we here. Did govt not tell you to go home since and sound enough warming. Nigerians are like the stubborn fly who follows the corpse to the grave.All these that were shot if they had left the toll gate they would not have meet their untimely end.THEY DESERVE WORSE . ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by SalamRushdie: 12:22am On Oct 21, 2020
Ohizman73:

Nigerians are a reflection of the govt.It is only brutal and naked force we here. Did govt not tell you to go home since and sound enough warming. Nigerians are like the stubborn fly who follows the corpse to the grave.All these that were shot if they had left the toll gate they would not have meet their untimely end.THEY DESERVE WORSE . ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

I am sorry to say you lack sense
Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by Eriokanmi: 1:05am On Oct 21, 2020
Godchosen001:
Effect of Voting Buhari, una eyes don clear now? We warned you not to vote for this people but you didn't listened to us.. Bring down the zoo
Lool. Their eyes neva clear. He will never shoot at arewa youths protesting against insecurity, 10 commercial buses were intercepted by boko boys yesterday in borno and all the passengers kidnapped. He wouldn't send same military there to rescue them. This is very bad. Southern politicians should be blamed for all these nonesense

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Gunshots At Lekki Tollgate As Soldiers Try To Disperse Protesters by melzabull(f): 1:31am On Oct 21, 2020
Godchosen001:
Effect of Voting Buhari, una eyes don clear now? We warned you not to vote for this people but you didn't listened to us.. Bring down the zoo
not only did they not listen to us but they called us names: haters, wailers, IPOB, etc

Let the Zoo fall for all i care, its about time cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Uloma Nwosu Pelted, Escapes Mob Action In Owerri / Ambassadorial List: The Four Omitted States Have No Qualified Candidates - FG / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her 4 Children Are Harvard Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.