Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible (928 Views)

Jonathan: Uncertainty After Retirement Is Fuelling Corruption In Civil Service / Tambuwal: Buhari’s Exclusion Of South-East Is Fuelling Insecurity / Kayode Ogundamisi Is Fuelling This #iamnorth Twitter Hash Tag. See His Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by Rosskii: 10:32am On Oct 21, 2020
I've just been watching Channels TV and TVC News, and Arise News, and the ''journalists'' are complaining about soldiers shooting ''peaceful protesters'' even as they are showing the ''peaceful protesters'' burning cars, destroying public facilities, and setting buildings ablaze across Lekki this morning.

Channels TV interviewed some of the ''peaceful protesters'' as they were destroying the facilities, and one of them who could barely speak English said they were ''angry'', and that that was why they were burning peoples' cars in their compounds and company cars in company/bank premises.

In another broadcast by Arise News, they reported that ''peaceful protesters'' had released nearly 2000 prisoners from jail in Benin.

They didn't bother explaining the paradox of such a stupid statement.

The reporting of these ''journalists'' did not contain a single condemnation of these ''peaceful protesters'' causing mayhem and anarchy, and they reserved all their condemnation for the police.

The ''journalists'' even had the nerve to go round Lekki showing ''peaceful EndSars protesters'' destroying properties in areas where there was no police or law enforcement present, and they never condemned their actions, simply reporting them and showing us the destructive acts on live TV.

ARE THE NIGERIAN MEDIA FUELLING THIS CHAOS?

I THINK THEY ARE, AND THAT IS CONDEMNABLE.

A PROPER MEDIA would call for protesters to respect the curfew imposed, and condemn their destruction of public and private properties, in addition to condemning police shootings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by JokeAdeleke: 10:36am On Oct 21, 2020
It's called reprisal attacks

Stop being stvpid

The protesters at Lekki sat on the floor singing the anthem and got shot at. All violence after that are sympathisers engaging in reprisal attacks. No sane country sends it's army to Shoot at its citizens. Stop being stvpid

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by Rosskii: 10:38am On Oct 21, 2020
JokeAdeleke:
It's called reprisal attacks

Stop being stvpid

The protesters at Lekki sat on the floor singing the anthem and got shot at. All violence after that are sympathisers engaging in reprisal attacks. No sane country sends it's army to Shoot at its citizens. Stop being stvpid

Reprisal attacks against WHO?

They are not attacking the police that shot at them last night.

They are attacking private properties, public facilities, burning down businesses and banks and burning cars belonging to other innocent Nigerians.

As they are doing this, the Nigerian media are NOT condemning them. They are silent. Why?

Would you respond this way if it was YOUR property being destroyed by these ''peaceful protesters''?

Of course not.

SELFISH, HATEFUL PERSON.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by JokeAdeleke: 10:39am On Oct 21, 2020
Rosskii:

Reprisal attacks against WHO?

They are not attacking the police that shot at them last night.

They are attacking private properties, public facilities, burning down businesses and banks and burning cars belonging to other innocent Nigerians.

Oga. Before Lekki massacre mention where protesters did any wrong. If you can I owe you 5k

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by talk2hb1(m): 10:42am On Oct 21, 2020
I thought Soldiers were train to confront armed assailant only for me to discover that Nigeria Army were trained to fight unarmed civilians. Shame on Nigeria Army, Shame on our Government, Shame on Buratai.
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by Rosskii: 10:44am On Oct 21, 2020
JokeAdeleke:

Oga. Before Lekki massacre mention where protesters did any wrong. If you can I owe you 5k

7 people shot is not a ''massacre'' unless you are an illiterate or a liar.

And how does that justify these ''peaceful EndSars protesters'' going around Lekki burning buildings and cars parked inside private compounds?

Who will pay to replace those cars and burning buildings?

Would your attitude be the same if it was YOUR car that was burnt?

I think you are selfish and inhuman person, like the criminals going around destroying properties of innocent Nigerians who did NOTHING to them.

AND IF YOU ARE DOING THAT, YOU DESERVE TO BE SHOT.

If I lived in Lekki, and saw you come anywhere near my house to burn down anything or break my windows etc, I would definitely shoot you, whether or not I am army or police.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by BrainRider: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2020
Op Thank you.
Was watching TVC when it hanged too
The live broadcast showed protesters with instruments protesters should not hold.

Yet ,they were saying it's a peaceful protest.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by JokeAdeleke: 10:46am On Oct 21, 2020
Rosskii:

And how does that justify these ''peaceful EndSars protesters'' going around Lekki burning buildings and cars parked inside private compounds?

I think you are selfish and inhuman person, like the criminals ghoing around destroying properties of innocent Nigeriasns who did NOTHING to them.

7 persons. Was that what you were told.

Smh. Why did the camera and light got turned off before the shooting.?

What actions of the protestor warrants the free spraying of bullets?

You will leave to partake of the consequences of this carnage. You and your descendants
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by Horus(m): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2020
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by LadyExcellency: 10:47am On Oct 21, 2020
There is time for everything, time to speak and time to remain silent.

Only fools break this protocol.
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by Rosskii: 10:49am On Oct 21, 2020
JokeAdeleke:

7 persons. Was that what you were told.

Smh. Why did the camera and light got turned off before the shooting.?

What actions of the protestor warrants the free spraying of bullets?

You will leave to partake of the consequences of this carnage. You and your descendants

Go and jump in a river. 7 people were shot in Lekki, according to all media reports.

If you have your own verified figures, produce them. Don't come here to tell lies or exaggerate out of hatred for the government.

Be HONEST for once in your hateful life.
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by Horus(m): 10:49am On Oct 21, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlOZ2Mli9ys

Nigerian American Soldier Shames Buhari
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by Rosskii: 10:50am On Oct 21, 2020
BrainRider:
Op Thank you.
Was watching TVC when it hanged too
The live broadcast showed protesters with instruments protesters should not hold.

Yet ,they were saying it's a peaceful protest.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by JokeAdeleke: 10:50am On Oct 21, 2020
Rosskii:

Go and jump in a river. 7 people were shot in Lekki, according to all media reports.

If you have your own verified figures, produce them. Don't come here to tell lies or exaggerate out of hatred for the government.

Be HONEST for once in your hateful life.

Smiles.
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by LadyExcellency: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2020
A wise man understands that not every question needs to be asked and there are many questions that need no reply.

Who side are you? The people or their oppressors?
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by capitalzero: 10:52am On Oct 21, 2020
Rosskii:
I've just been watching Channels TV and TVC News, and Arise News, and the ''journalists'' are complaining about soldiers shooting ''peaceful protesters'' even as they are showing the ''peaceful protesters'' burning cars, destroying public facilities, and setting buildings ablaze across Lekki this morning.

Channels TV interviewed some of the ''peaceful protesters'' as they were destroying the facilities, and one of them who could barely speak English said they were ''angry'', and that that was why they were burning peoples' cars in their compounds and company cars in company/bank premises.

In another broadcast by Arise News, they reported that ''peaceful protesters'' had released nearly 2000 prisoners from jail in Benin.

They didn't bother explaining the paradox of such a stupid statement.

The reporting of these ''journalists'' did not contain a single condemnation of these ''peaceful protesters'' causing mayhem and anarchy, and they reserved all their condemnation for the police.

The ''journalists'' even had the nerve to go round Lekki showing ''peaceful EndSars protesters'' destroying properties in areas where there was no police or law enforcement present, and they never condemned their actions, simply reporting them and showing us the destructive acts on live TV.

ARE THE NIGERIAN MEDIA FUELLING THIS CHAOS?

I THINK THEY ARE, AND THAT IS CONDEMNABLE.

A PROPER MEDIA would call for protesters to respect the curfew imposed, and condemn their destruction of public and private properties, in addition to condemning police shootings.

When americans were protesting blacklivesmatter, and they were destroying properties , how many people did security agents kill? Did they use live ammunition? Do you know the meaning of rules of engagement?
How would you react if someone slap you repeatedly for stepping on him ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by JokeAdeleke: 10:55am On Oct 21, 2020
capitalzero:

When americans were protesting blacklivesmatter, and they were destroying properties , how many people did security agents kill? Did they use live ammunition? Do you know the meaning of rules of engagement?

These kinds don't understand

1. The Geneva Comvention

2. The Rule of Engagement

First rule of the game is to never arm/attack am unarmed human. That's the standard rule of the wargame

No even a finger. Much less live automatic ammunition

If they claim innocence, why did the president not hold immediate consultative talks and bring societal stakeholders to calm tensions collectively and speak to the country even when asked to by the NASS

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by Rosskii: 10:57am On Oct 21, 2020
capitalzero:

Many people were killed and maimed in BLM protests across America.

I don't recall the protesters burning down buildings or private vehicles belonging to ordinary citizens.

I only saw them burn POLICE vehicles.

Plus the US media CONDEMNED acts of violence and looting by protesters, endlessly. The Nigerian media has turned a blind eye to that, and only condemned police for reacting to these curfew breakers and violent looters and arsonists.
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by CodeTemplar: 11:02am On Oct 21, 2020
They can report on thugs but not on military.
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by Turantula(m): 11:32am On Oct 21, 2020
Rosskii:

I think you are selfish and inhuman person, like the criminals going around destroying properties of innocent Nigerians who did NOTHING to them.

If I lived in Lekki, and saw you come anywhere near my house to burn down anything or break my windows etc, I would definitely shoot you, whether or not I am army or police.

TERRORIST shut up
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:55am On Oct 21, 2020
When Shiites were massacred, u were here telling us how it was necessary, this your job must be highly lucrative
Re: Nigerian Media Is Fuelling This Chaos, And That Is Reprehensible by kalitajoe(m): 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2020
Those pictures are all fake

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna Covid19 Palliative Warehouse Is Currently Being Looted / #endsars: Sowore Reveal List Of Accounts Frozen By CBN (pictures) / N-power NEXIT: What You Must Know About CBN Empowerment Portal For Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.